Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Reload this Page RSE [Emerald] The Mirage Tower!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (04:20 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave

Have you ever wondered into the desert on Route 111 and found a mysterious looking tower made out of sandstone sitting there? If you have, it's called the Mirage Tower! It's a mysterious tower that disappears and reappears every now and then, if you see it make sure you enter! It's actually really similar to Sky Pillar, with you needing the Mach Bike as there's those holes which you need to travel really fast over otherwise you'll fall down a floor.

Once you reach the top, you'll see 2 fossils!

The Root Fossil, and the Claw Fossil. The Claw fossil can be given to a professor to resurrect it into an Anorith, and the other can be resurrected into a Lileep. Pretty amazing, huh? However, you can only choose one! Once you've taken one fossil, the tower will begin to collapse, and once it does it will never be seen again, so be wise with your choice!

You can actually find the other fossil in the Fossil Maniac's house near Fallarbor Town!

So, what are your opinions on the Mirage Tower? Have you ever seen it, and ventured inside it? If you did manage to reach the top, which fossil did you take? Did you prefer the method of obtaining the fossils in R/S better then the way of obtaining them in Emerald?

Post your opinions and stuffs below! Have fun :3
Old 3 Weeks Ago (06:00 PM).
I r8 8/8 no h8 m8.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
As with most other times i've gone through Emerald, when I would make it to the top the fossil I would usually pick was the Claw Fossil, with Anorith. Although it was a different way of getting the fossil, I think that it wasn't too good an idea to make being able to get it RNG based as opposed to just giving it to you.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (03:21 PM).
the things i do for love ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BS
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
I think I've already mentioned how I hate the Mirage Tower because of the Mach Bike puzzle in the bikes thread--but just in case I haven't, I hate the Mach Bike puzzle in the Mirage Tower. The first time I encountered it I was surprised because it wasn't there before so me, like the curious cat I am, entered willy-nilly without knowledge of what to look out for. I kept falling into the holes thinking that maybe after a certain amount of tries they'd disappear. Imagine my surprise when they didn't disappear at all. :p

My friend later told me how to get through the Mirage Tower--it was actually when I was in the Sky Pillar already.
t
o
o
n

n
e
t
w
o
r
k

staff collab
april 2o15
Old 3 Weeks Ago (02:54 PM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
There's already a thread on which fossil you'd pick made some days prior.. but this thread seems more Emerald-focused while the other looks more targeted towards Ruby & Sapphire. I'll fix up the titles to reflect that so we hopefully don't have to close any threads. :D

Anyways, yes, I saw this tower my first time wandering into the desert in Emerald. Went with Anorith since I already used Lileep in R/S but didn't use it at all, poor thing went straight to the box. Stressed me out swapping bikes to get to the top but it was all worth it in the end for a collector like me.

cool | family | my star | twin | credit
Old 3 Weeks Ago (06:28 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
Ah yes. I remember how I was confused about this tower.
12ish-y-old me: "But I know I saw something right there a second ago, where is it!"
It's a great place, but it took me years to realize you can get the other fossil as well lol.

"The future you see is the future you get."
Old 2 Weeks Ago (05:07 AM).
Also known as H.A.M. somehow.

Nature: Calm
I think it's a nice improvement compared to the fossils just lying there in R/S. Some of the NPC's in the desert mention they're looking for fossils. How on earth can they not have found them lying in clear sight? Also a appearing and disappearing tower is quite cool. And the possibility to obtain the other fossil too later in the game is good as well.
I don't like the tower's interior. I hate those bike traps.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (05:38 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by H.A.N.:
I think it's a nice improvement compared to the fossils just lying there in R/S. Some of the NPC's in the desert mention they're looking for fossils. How on earth can they not have found them lying in clear sight? Also a appearing and disappearing tower is quite cool. And the possibility to obtain the other fossil too later in the game is good as well.
I don't like the tower's interior. I hate those bike traps.
So I assume Sky Pillar is not your favorite place in Hoenn? lol
But yeah, that floor is really tricky.

"The future you see is the future you get."
Old 2 Weeks Ago (05:45 AM).
Also known as H.A.M. somehow.

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Sven:
So I assume Sky Pillar is not your favorite place in Hoenn? lol
Nope, not at all. It took me an eternity to get through that place...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links