Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Reload this Page The Simple Question & Answer Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1001    
Old June 4th, 2010 (05:55 AM).
invector invector is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
I have heard of the Nuzlocke challenge, but I'm not very comfortable with it, or I'm kinda scared, I don't know.

Is there any way to play D/P/Pt or HG/SS on pc? I'm very used to Visual Boy Advance, and no$gba for D/P is very slow, need that "throttle" button.

If its not possible to play those games in an emulator without a throttle button, ignore those sentences.

I can give the Nuzlocke challenge a try...
Reply With Quote
  #1002    
Old June 4th, 2010 (06:33 AM).
Alli's Avatar
Alli Alli is online now
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Posts: 28,734
1, You probably need to ask in the emulation section. 2, This is the advanced generation section, so asking about DPPt and HGSS here is a no no anyway.
__________________

happily received
Reply With Quote
  #1003    
Old June 6th, 2010 (01:40 AM).
daby's Avatar
daby daby is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Romania
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Posts: 6
I need an advice. I started playing Pokemon Leaf Green again, and I don't know what water type I should use. Last time I used a Seadra.

What should I choose between Vaporeon, Cloyster, Poliwrath and Kingler ?
thanks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1004    
Old June 6th, 2010 (01:48 AM).
Fire Wolf's Avatar
Fire Wolf Fire Wolf is offline
it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Antarctica
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 1,089
I'd recommend using Poliwrath, its strong, has two nice STABs, gets a good typing and is bulky too. But as it's obtainable only with a good/super rod, Vaporeon is good too.

You can also choose Squirtle as your starter.
Reply With Quote
  #1005    
Old June 6th, 2010 (03:03 AM).
Flare Riqueza's Avatar
Flare Riqueza Flare Riqueza is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Cursed Land (Cumbria)
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 292
Depends what you want.

Vaporeon's fairly defensive while being able to deal out decent damage.
Cloyster won't take a special hit, but no physical attack will get through him.
Poliwrath's fairly average all round, so can be tailored to your needs.
Kingler is meh. Inferior to them all. Not as much defense as Cloyster, not as much attack as Poliwrath, and rubbish special stats and speed.


I would advise Vaporeon. It's probably the best out of the 3 eeveelutions available to you, as whilst Jolteon is good, its best moves are in the 4th Gen (Signal Beam, anyone?)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1006    
Old June 9th, 2010 (08:58 PM).
Aggron1991's Avatar
Aggron1991 Aggron1991 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 42
Cloyster is great, although its special stats (especially defense) are unspectacular. Still, it has phenomenal physical defense and its dual water-ice stat is helpful against the E4, mainly Lance. Don't even bother with Kingler. Vaporeon and Poliwrath are strong, but in terms of my own personal preference, I've always considered them to be kind of meh.

Also, why not consider a different water type, like Slowbro or Starmie?
Reply With Quote
  #1007    
Old June 10th, 2010 (05:33 AM).
Zheeph's Avatar
Zheeph Zheeph is offline
2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Portugal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 54
Hey guys, I have a question about pokémon emerald: In battle frontier, if I go with a team of lvl 20 pokémon, do my opponents have their EV's maxed out?
Hoping for an answer, Zheeph.
Reply With Quote
  #1008    
Old June 10th, 2010 (10:44 AM).
Flare Riqueza's Avatar
Flare Riqueza Flare Riqueza is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Cursed Land (Cumbria)
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 292
Uhhh....they have EVs anyway?

I know if you go with a team of lv.20s your opponents have lv.100s

In most it's set to 50 or 100, and in Battle Dome they alter to your highest-levelled pokemon. Everywhere else your pokemon are whacked down to size to make it fair.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1009    
Old June 10th, 2010 (12:52 PM).
Amore Amore is offline
Now stand up and begin
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Panic Station
Age: 20
Posts: 3,469
Not a simple question.

More some deep-research-and-simple-mathematics-question.

I own Pokemon LeafGreen.

How many Kanto pokemon can I capture, in-game. Not counting glitches, hacking, or trading.Only out of the original 151.

If I then evolve all the Kanto pokemon I own, how many will I have in my pokedex?

Just wondering, as I aim to get a very complete Pokedex.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1010    
Old June 10th, 2010 (01:10 PM).
Zheeph's Avatar
Zheeph Zheeph is offline
2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Portugal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 54
Quote originally posted by Flare Riqueza:
Uhhh....they have EVs anyway?

I know if you go with a team of lv.20s your opponents have lv.100s

In most it's set to 50 or 100, and in Battle Dome they alter to your highest-levelled pokemon. Everywhere else your pokemon are whacked down to size to make it fair.
Ok, so, I ended up finding out that the lowest they get to is lvl 60 (of course their EV's are maxed out), so the least I can use is a lvl 60 party. Thanks for the reply.
Reply With Quote
  #1011    
Old June 13th, 2010 (06:45 AM).
Mezase Master's Avatar
Mezase Master Mezase Master is offline
I wish I had pants.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 24
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 224
I've been fishing in Meteor Falls for over an hour now with the Super Rod trying to find a Whiscash, and all I'm getting are a bunch of stupid Barboach. According to Bulbapedia, and some other sources, there's an 80% chance of hooking Barboach and 20% hooking Whiscash. Now I've had to search for Pokémon with 1% or 2% odds many times, and it never took this long or this many encounters. How have I not found one yet? Are the odds lower, or do they actually not even appear in the area? I know that odds never gurantee anything, but for a one-out-of-five chance this is just ridiculous.

If I knew this was gonna happen, I would've just caught an extra Barboach and evolved it, but after all this time wasted that just wouldn't be satisfying. So can someone please clarify whether or not Whiscash appear here?
__________________
Gold: 1892 3369 1590
Scott: 1462 2307 5663
Sukotto: 4383 5738 0350
Reply With Quote
  #1012    
Old June 14th, 2010 (09:30 AM).
AliceBlaze's Avatar
AliceBlaze AliceBlaze is offline
Shiny Collector
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Derby, England
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 298
I mixed records using my Sapphire and Emerald. Now in my Sapphire, the secret base from my Emerald is in the game and I can't even battle the trainer because there's a lot of furniture in the way so I can't talk to it. Is there any way I can delete the Emerald secret base on my Sapphire?

I tried removing the secret base on my Emerald then mixed records again but it didn't work.
Reply With Quote
  #1013    
Old June 14th, 2010 (12:26 PM). Edited June 14th, 2010 by Tsavo.
Tsavo's Avatar
Tsavo Tsavo is offline
Psilocybin
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 29
Posts: 40
Well, I've been doing a speed playthrough of Fire Red to get a Calm Clefairy w/ Softboiled and Seismic Toss (here's hoping the ability turns into Magic Guard when I evolve it in Pearl). This got me thinking about other move tutor dependent movesets.

My question is are there any other current Gen. movesets that you guys/girls are aware of that require using FR/LG/E move tutors (besides the typical Seismic Toss/Aromatherapy Blissey)? I keep thinking that there must be something for the Explosion MT. Thanks to anyone who can help me/direct me to a good source or thread.
__________________
Black: 0432-8027-7020
X: 4270-0758-5370
Reply With Quote
  #1014    
Old June 14th, 2010 (01:01 PM).
Kai Yamato's Avatar
Kai Yamato Kai Yamato is offline
Lone Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Soaring eternally
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 156
Gonna rephrase my question.

Can you receive multiple Upgrades from winning Trainer Tower over and over?
__________________
Let's finish this!
My Captor and Lovely Girlfriendl: angel

Thanks to AoiBlue of HJU for making this banner!
Reply With Quote
  #1015    
Old June 14th, 2010 (01:54 PM).
Alli's Avatar
Alli Alli is online now
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Posts: 28,734
Quote:
I mixed records using my Sapphire and Emerald. Now in my Sapphire, the secret base from my Emerald is in the game and I can't even battle the trainer because there's a lot of furniture in the way so I can't talk to it. Is there any way I can delete the Emerald secret base on my Sapphire?

I tried removing the secret base on my Emerald then mixed records again but it didn't work.
Change your base location or move the furniture around on Emerald then mix records again. It should work then.

Quote:
I've been fishing in Meteor Falls for over an hour now with the Super Rod trying to find a Whiscash, and all I'm getting are a bunch of stupid Barboach. According to Bulbapedia, and some other sources, there's an 80% chance of hooking Barboach and 20% hooking Whiscash. Now I've had to search for Pokémon with 1% or 2% odds many times, and it never took this long or this many encounters. How have I not found one yet? Are the odds lower, or do they actually not even appear in the area? I know that odds never gurantee anything, but for a one-out-of-five chance this is just ridiculous.

If I knew this was gonna happen, I would've just caught an extra Barboach and evolved it, but after all this time wasted that just wouldn't be satisfying. So can someone please clarify whether or not Whiscash appear here?
Make sure you're in the correct room. Whiscash can be caught with the Super Rod in Meteor Falls on the ground floor or in 1F. If you're tired of looking there, try in Victory road on B2F. Hope that helps. You might consider looking up the map to both areas.

Quote:
Not a simple question.

More some deep-research-and-simple-mathematics-question.

I own Pokemon LeafGreen.

How many Kanto pokemon can I capture, in-game. Not counting glitches, hacking, or trading.Only out of the original 151.

If I then evolve all the Kanto pokemon I own, how many will I have in my pokedex?

Just wondering, as I aim to get a very complete Pokedex.
It's not that difficult, however I guess the title of this thread can be a bit misleading, haha.

With LG, the most you can capture in-game (including evolving and excluding Mew and trade evolutions) is 132. If you evolve the Pokemon that are Kanto that got an evolution in gen II, you'll be at 134 (only two evolve from friendship; everything else needs night/day or trade+item). Hope I didn't miss anything in that.
__________________

happily received
Reply With Quote
  #1016    
Old June 14th, 2010 (02:51 PM).
Amore Amore is offline
Now stand up and begin
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Panic Station
Age: 20
Posts: 3,469
Thanks!


Uhhh....can I evolve an Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon when there is no time system in LeafGreen?

Or do I migrate it and evolve it into an epic pokemon?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1017    
Old June 16th, 2010 (05:48 PM). Edited June 16th, 2010 by Human.
Human's Avatar
Human Human is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Violet City
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 228
How do I get the Master Ball in Sapphire? I know it's in Aqua's hideout, but whenever I surf there, it's closed off.

I ask this because trying to catch Registeel is proving to be a huge pain.

Quote originally posted by Human:
How do I get the Master Ball in Sapphire? I know it's in Aqua's hideout, but whenever I surf there, it's closed off.

I ask this because trying to catch Registeel is proving to be a huge pain.
Oh, turns out I did some stuff in the wrong order, so I can't get in now because I have Kyogre and have beaten the Elite Four. Great game.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1018    
Old June 17th, 2010 (03:17 PM).
The Red Chain
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote originally posted by Amore:
Thanks!


Uhhh....can I evolve an Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon when there is no time system in LeafGreen?

Or do I migrate it and evolve it into an epic pokemon?
You have to migrate it.
Eevee cannot evolve into Espeon or Umbreon in FRLG. XD;
Reply With Quote
  #1019    
Old June 26th, 2010 (07:49 PM).
Brendonwii's Avatar
Brendonwii Brendonwii is offline
Gooby pls
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 160
Well i saved in a house at sootopoolis and now kogre and groundon aren't fighting (or there).
I haven't done the cave (team aqua) or the tower.

Please help!
__________________
~Wish I could change my username from many years ago~
-.-
私はワンピース大好き


Reply With Quote
  #1020    
Old June 28th, 2010 (02:43 PM). Edited June 28th, 2010 by Popuri.
Popuri's Avatar
Popuri Popuri is offline
~Eievui~
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In a shoebox!
Gender:
Nature: Impish
Posts: 99
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Popuri
Guys: How can I get a pokemon like Totodile to evolve in Fire Red without the national dex? (Or how can I get the national dex before fighting the E4?)

Nevermind, it magically worked this time................
__________________
Current Challenges:
Spoiler:
Pokemon Crystal Nuzlocke
Duo Challenge Black Seviper and Absol


Completed Challenges:
Spoiler:
Crystal Solo Challenge Scizor
Reply With Quote
  #1021    
Old July 12th, 2010 (03:01 PM).
redsaber5859 redsaber5859 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ever Grande City, Hoenn
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 768
Well, I went to gamestop today, and noticed that fire red cost 30 dollars, RS cost 20, emerald 30, and lg 25, does anybody know why Firered is more expensive than it's counterpart?
Reply With Quote
  #1022    
Old July 12th, 2010 (03:03 PM).
Alli's Avatar
Alli Alli is online now
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Posts: 28,734
Either because there are less FireReds in stock or because your Gamestop has a wonky pricing system.
__________________

happily received
Reply With Quote
  #1023    
Old July 12th, 2010 (03:23 PM).
redsaber5859 redsaber5859 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ever Grande City, Hoenn
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 768
That's what I was thinking, that firered is more rare, but many of the AZ and CA gamestops have firered marketed higher

Also, like every GBA game is between 2 and 10 dollars, except Mario advance and pokemon, which are up in the twenties
Reply With Quote
  #1024    
Old July 14th, 2010 (02:39 PM).
KyleSir's Avatar
KyleSir KyleSir is offline
Life is just a dream
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
Okay so you guys know of shiny gold? if not google it . Well after i beat the game it turns off and youre supposed to be able to just press start and load up your save game. But i dont have a save game because for some reason whenever i save it says exchange the backup memory and i dont know how to do that. Ive been saving on the vba and i dont know what to do after i beat the elite four. Is there anyway to convert my vba save into an ingame save? any suggestions would help, thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #1025    
Old July 14th, 2010 (02:47 PM).
Alli's Avatar
Alli Alli is online now
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Posts: 28,734
Um, this isn't really the place to ask for help with hacks. Your best bet is in the emulation section, since that sounds more like a question to do with the emulator.
__________________

happily received
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:43 PM.