Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Reload this Page The Question & Answer Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old November 26th, 2010 (07:26 PM).
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
On my Sapphire game it says my Internal Battery is dead. What exactly does this affect? Also what can I do about it?

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old November 26th, 2010 (07:36 PM).
Hear Me Roar
Silver Tier

Nature: Bold
it effects the the time in-game time so you'll not be able to grow berries or enter certain areas of shoal cave in other terms the clock is broken.
you can buy another battery and replace it or you can just play it .
Old November 27th, 2010 (07:59 AM).
Currently Hacking BW

Quote originally posted by Gearuvagen:
it effects the the time in-game time so you'll not be able to grow berries or enter certain areas of shoal cave in other terms the clock is broken.
Where can I buy another battery?

Hoenn, 1 Badge
Old November 27th, 2010 (08:24 AM).
Hate this place. Gone for good

Quote originally posted by Weavile05:
Where can I buy another battery?
Soem specialty shops may have them, such as Gamestop or Best Buy. But even then, most places don't sell anymore since hardly anyone ever plays those games, and Nintendo no longer supplies them. Buying another used game with the internal battery still working would be your best bet. Where to get that, would be, yet again, at Gamestop, since they sell and buy used video games.

Old November 27th, 2010 (09:15 AM).
Currently Hacking BW

But... I don't wanna sell my games... I'll ask around in Gamestop, Best Buy, and Radioshack before I sell the game and buy a new one.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
Old November 28th, 2010 (05:04 PM).

If you can solder, then thees steps can help you.

Platinum FC: 1849 2675 2234
HeartGold FC: 2579 5430 9434
Old November 30th, 2010 (12:53 PM).

I bought my Sapphire from a used game store and it's been acting funny and since this is my first time ever playing the advance games, I wanted to know if it was normal for the battle scenes to sometimes freeze while playing with a DS? I'm only in the 2nd town and it's really annoying having to save every time I go into the grass. >.<

Follow my Gotta Catch 'Em All Challenge HERE
Old November 30th, 2010 (01:10 PM).
Hear Me Roar
Silver Tier

The game should not completely freeze , no. there must be something wrong with the cartridge I suggest you go back to the store and return/exchange it for a new R/S/E. Did you go to gamestop? I have yet to get a bad game from there you might want to try it if you haven't already.
Old November 30th, 2010 (01:43 PM).

No. I got this from a Play N Trade which I've gotten PLENTY of used games and systems from there and this has never happened. Somebody recently pointed out to me that I don't keep my Slot-2 covered and it could just be very dirty. I'm going to test drive a couple advance games that my fiance has and see if that could be the case.
It's more like it'll repeat an animation over and over again rather than completely freeze...like when entering a wild battle, the swiping animation will repeat.

Thank you! If the other advance games work then I may just go back to Play N trade and try to hunt down a Gamestop with Sapphire. For some reason Sapphires aren't traded in as much as the others (at least in my area)... :/

Follow my Gotta Catch 'Em All Challenge HERE
Old November 30th, 2010 (08:07 PM).
fun in the sun
Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Gearuvagen:
That is, unless you have the berry update applied.

How will I know if the battery is dead if I have the patch applied?

"On my business card, I am a corporate president.
In my mind, I am a game developer.
But in my heart, I am a gamer."

- Satoru Iwata, 1959 - 2015
Old November 30th, 2010 (08:49 PM).
Hear Me Roar
Silver Tier

well the clock in your room won't move the special sales at the Lillycove Dept. Store will not occur and shoal cave will not empty/fill with water respectively also it should still give you the "Internal Battery has run dry" notice when starting the game.
Old November 30th, 2010 (09:13 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Yeah, I turned on Ruby the other day and got this message. It's something like:

"The internal battery has died. This game can now be played, however clocked events will no longer occur."

And then you're at the options menu, and your save file should still be there. But that's what it will tell you, so you'll know.

"I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

pair
Old December 1st, 2010 (03:48 PM).
Currently Hacking BW

How do I know what type of battery it needs?

Hoenn, 1 Badge
Old December 2nd, 2010 (02:17 AM).
Now stand up and begin
Gold Tier

If you have a link cable, two GBAs and a copy of FireRed / LeafGreen / Emerald, there's this:

Pokémon FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald Patch
Load FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald until the title screen is displayed.
Press the Select and B buttons. After the new screen loads, press A.
Insert the Link Cable so that the system that the FireRed, LeafGreen or Emerald game is connected to the Player 1 cable port and the Ruby or Sapphire game is connected to the Player 2 port. Once this is done, press A.
Turn on the device with Ruby or Sapphire while holding the Start and Select buttons.
Refer to the FireRed, LeafGreen or Emerald game display for further instructions. The patch should be transferred at this time.

Please note that this was simply copy-pasted from Bulbapedia...so sorry if there're any inaccuracies, but it's rare there are. I do know it works as I accidentally activated the screen on LeafGreen, a friend saw it and got me to fix his Ruby game :D

I may not be being helpful, as I haven't a clue how to get a battery, or what sort, however, it also says this on Bulbapedia:

Sending Game in to Nintendo
If the player has no opportunity to download the patch, the game can be sent to Nintendo to have it fixed.
Old December 2nd, 2010 (05:17 AM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
^ This.

Also, these steps are to solve the problem known as The Berry Glitch, so if you wanted to know how that happened, it is because of this glitch that occurs from playing the game for a year or two or having played the game up to 100 hours.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old December 2nd, 2010 (11:34 AM).
Shiny Collector

Nature: Lonely
There are other ways of fixing the berry glitch:
  • Link it up for battle or trade with Colosseum or XD
  • Link your game up to Pokemon Box: Ruby and Sapphire
  • Download Jirachi from Pokemon Channel (PAL version only)
Old December 2nd, 2010 (02:28 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Could also link it up with the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc, if you happen to have that. I'm probably going to do so later.

But yeah, looks like there are plenty of ways to kill this glitch.

"I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

pair
Old December 4th, 2010 (08:21 PM).

So, if I trade Pokemon from a bootleg game to a real game, what effect will it have? I ask because a few months back I bought a copy of Emerald that was bootleg. I was oblivious to the fact until it deleted itself and a trio of trainees from Fire Red. I also traded 80-120 eggs to Fire Red (Pokedex booster). I have hatched all the eggs, but am worried that Fire Red could be about to go the same way as Emerald. I have been searching the internet on and off for the past two months vainly seeking the answer. Any help is most welcome! Thank you all in advance for any assistance you give. Thanks also to Sydian for pointing me to the correct forum!
Old December 4th, 2010 (08:44 PM).
Hear Me Roar
Silver Tier

To my knowledge it shouldn't cause any problems in your fire red if they came as actual eggs and hatched. If so you should be fine. (though I am not an expert)
Old December 5th, 2010 (03:19 PM).

Is that how it works with cheating devices? If you used a cheating device to get a rare pokemon, would it affect the game negatively in any way? I just want to be very sure before I start using Fire Red again (took about 130-140 hours to get where I am currently).
EDIT: I am assuming that cheating devices and bootleg games are pretty much the same. I have never used a cheating device; never thought about it really.
Old December 5th, 2010 (03:23 PM).

Quote originally posted by Donlon:
Is that how it works with cheating devices? If you used a cheating device to get a rare pokemon, would it affect the game negatively in any way? I just want to be very sure before I start using Fire Red again (took about 130-140 hours to get where I am currently).
Depends. If you activate a lot of codes, like four-six, at once, it could freeze it. As long as you don't abuse the device to give you ever living Pokemon, you'll be fine.

Old December 5th, 2010 (03:36 PM).

Actually, if you look at my original post (#1120), I am more concerned with the side-effects of bootleg pokemon game trades with real pokemon games. I traded about 80 pokemon from a bootleg Emerald (I was unaware of the bootleg until it deleted itself about two months ago) to my real Fire Red. Thanks for the help all the same!
Old December 5th, 2010 (03:44 PM).

Actually, if you look at my original post (#1120), I am more concerned with the side-effects of bootleg pokemon game trades with real pokemon games. I traded about 80 pokemon from a bootleg Emerald (I was unaware of the bootleg until it deleted itself about two months ago) to my real Fire Red. Thanks for the help all the same!
If it were me, and only if it were me, I would go ahead and delete the data i have now and restart my game entirely, just to avoid the risk. This is a question barely anyone knows the answer to, so I'd be willing to avoid the risk before the possible deletion of my game occurs.
BUT ONLY IF IT WERE ME.

Old December 5th, 2010 (05:19 PM).

Quote originally posted by mal'akh:
If it were me, and only if it were me, I would go ahead and delete the data i have now and restart my game entirely, just to avoid the risk. This is a question barely anyone knows the answer to, so I'd be willing to avoid the risk before the possible deletion of my game occurs.
BUT ONLY IF IT WERE ME.
Think it's worth it to trade all the non-bootleggers over to another game and then see how long the game lasts? It might also turn out that nothing happens. I could study the phenomenon and see what happens. . .might be useful information to have. One never knows.
Old December 5th, 2010 (05:53 PM).
The Red Chain

I traded about 80 pokemon from a bootleg Emerald (I was unaware of the bootleg until it deleted itself about two months ago) to my real Fire Red. Thanks for the help all the same!
Are you positive it's a bootleg? Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald all have unstable internal batteries to the point where they may end up deleting your save file.
This is actually normal for these games, and doesn't necessarily mean it's a bootleg. It just means the battery is "dried out" and needs to be replaced.

I just want to be sure about this haha.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)