The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1126    
Old December 5th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Donlon's Avatar
Donlon
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Chain View Post
Are you positive it's a bootleg? Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald all have unstable internal batteries to the point where they may end up deleting your save file.
This is actually normal for these games, and doesn't necessarily mean it's a bootleg. It just means the battery is "dried out" and needs to be replaced.

I just want to be sure about this haha.

When I turn it on, it states, "The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage. The game can be played." Also, upon inspection, I noticed that the cartridge has a different number on the back (AGB-004, not AGB-002 like all my other Advance games), it was missing the Nintendo number that is inside of the cartridge (seen from the bottom), and the box and booklet were very poor in quality (box is flat with fuzzy print; booklet is thin and lacking any real details regarding the game). I wouldn't mind quite so much, but, as I said above, I have about 80 pokemon (hatched from eggs) from the bootleg. And, as if to add insult to injury, it deleted my Tyranitar (Fire Red), Cloyster (Fire Red), and Ampharos (Emerald trade anyway). I have also spent a not inconsiderable amount of time searching the internet for information on the subject.
Reply With Quote
  #1127    
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:00 PM
mal'akh
Hate this place. Gone for good
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donlon View Post
When I turn it on, it states, "The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage. The game can be played." Also, upon inspection, I noticed that the cartridge has a different number on the back (AGB-004, not AGB-002 like all my other Advance games), it was missing the Nintendo number that is inside of the cartridge (seen from the bottom), and the box and booklet were very poor in quality (box is flat with fuzzy print; booklet is thin and lacking any real details regarding the game). I wouldn't mind quite so much, but, as I said above, I have about 80 pokemon (hatched from eggs) from the bootleg. And, as if to add insult to injury, it deleted my Tyranitar (Fire Red), Cloyster (Fire Red), and Ampharos (Emerald trade anyway). I have also spent a not inconsiderable amount of time searching the internet for information on the subject.
Best way to tell; What color is the catridge and title sticker?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1128    
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Donlon's Avatar
Donlon
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal'akh View Post
Best way to tell; What color is the catridge and title sticker?
Interestingly enough, both are green. However, the cartridge is more in tune with Leaf Green green and the title sticker is not shiny or matching the styles of Ruby or Sapphire. It was one of the first things I noticed when I started researching the subject. Thanks for reminding me about it.
Reply With Quote
  #1129    
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:10 PM
mal'akh
Hate this place. Gone for good
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donlon View Post
Interestingly enough, both are green. However, the cartridge is more in tune with Leaf Green green and the title sticker is not shiny or matching the styles of Ruby or Sapphire. It was one of the first things I noticed when I started researching the subject. Thanks for reminding me about it.
Then it's more likely a bootleg. Best to trade everything from it to somewhere else and get rid of it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1130    
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Donlon's Avatar
Donlon
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal'akh View Post
Then it's more likely a bootleg. Best to trade everything from it to somewhere else and get rid of it.
Do mean trade from Emerald? Or Fire Red? If the former, too late, the game deleted all of it. If you mean Fire Red, then that is going to be a long series of trades. What a pain. However, if we return to my first query, would it be safe to keep the pokemon from the bootleg? If will be a pain in the neck to get another copy of Emerald (real one this time), but Fire Red. . .let's put it this way: When I started playing it, I had yet to grow out of the rather infantile belief that the beginner is all I need. I have since paid for that mistake. About a million times over. My team was actually going pretty well. I was training up Tyranitar, Cloyster, and the new Ampharos to face the E4 again when it went loco. ::sigh:: Oh well. Maybe, if the bootleggers don't destroy Fire Red, I could get another Mareep from Emerald. If it's safe.
Reply With Quote
  #1131    
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:39 PM
mal'akh
Hate this place. Gone for good
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donlon View Post
Do mean trade from Emerald? Or Fire Red? If the former, too late, the game deleted all of it. If you mean Fire Red, then that is going to be a long series of trades. What a pain. However, if we return to my first query, would it be safe to keep the pokemon from the bootleg? If will be a pain in the neck to get another copy of Emerald (real one this time), but Fire Red. . .let's put it this way: When I started playing it, I had yet to grow out of the rather infantile belief that the beginner is all I need. I have since paid for that mistake. About a million times over. My team was actually going pretty well. I was training up Tyranitar, Cloyster, and the new Ampharos to face the E4 again when it went loco. ::sigh:: Oh well. Maybe, if the bootleggers don't destroy Fire Red, I could get another Mareep from Emerald. If it's safe.
I wouldn't trust it. I'd suggest just going to an online site such as GameStop to buy the real ones.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1132    
Old December 5th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Donlon's Avatar
Donlon
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal'akh View Post
I wouldn't trust it. I'd suggest just going to an online site such as GameStop to buy the real ones.
Just researched it. Apparently, two of the GameStops where I live currently stock it. That is even better than buying online due to my being able to see what I am purchasing more clearly. What should I do about Fire Red? Transport all the pokemon and the valuable items away before seeing what the effect of bootleggers is?
Reply With Quote
  #1133    
Old December 8th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Elder Trainer
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Male
I started a new thread to ask this, but it was locked by a mod who told me to ask again here.

Last week while playing Sapphire, my party contracted the Pokerus! Astounded at my luck, I traded them over to Pokemon XD for safekeeping ( I known I could have just stored them in the PC, but I tend to take my Gen 3 games with me everywhere and I didn't want to risk dropping it and losing it while out of the house). I tried to pass it on to other Pokemon, but it wouldn't spread. After reading the Pokerus article on Bulbapedia, I found that it will only spread if the infected Pokemon are in R/S/E, with these games being the only ones with a clock feature that enables it to wear off after a certain period of time.

The question is, I have a copy of Emerald with a dead battery. Since the the death of the battery causes time based events to stop functioning, does this include the Pokerus, or is it an exception and will it still wear off despite the clock no longer functioning?
Reply With Quote
  #1134    
Old December 8th, 2010, 02:40 PM
mal'akh
Hate this place. Gone for good
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder Trainer View Post
I started a new thread to ask this, but it was locked by a mod who told me to ask again here.

Last week while playing Sapphire, my party contracted the Pokerus! Astounded at my luck, I traded them over to Pokemon XD for safekeeping ( I known I could have just stored them in the PC, but I tend to take my Gen 3 games with me everywhere and I didn't want to risk dropping it and losing it while out of the house). I tried to pass it on to other Pokemon, but it wouldn't spread. After reading the Pokerus article on Bulbapedia, I found that it will only spread if the infected Pokemon are in R/S/E, with these games being the only ones with a clock feature that enables it to wear off after a certain period of time.

The question is, I have a copy of Emerald with a dead battery. Since the the death of the battery causes time based events to stop functioning, does this include the Pokerus, or is it an exception and will it still wear off despite the clock no longer functioning?
Pokerus is designed to be rid of after a certain time. If the clock is dead, and since Pokerus is ran by time, it will probably not be applied to your Pokemon. A friend of mine thought that her dead internal battery meant unlimited Pokerus, but then she noticed she wasn't getting a bonus from it. We figured it was BECAUSE her battery was dead.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1135    
Old December 8th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Elder Trainer
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal'akh View Post
Pokerus is designed to be rid of after a certain time. If the clock is dead, and since Pokerus is ran by time, it will probably not be applied to your Pokemon. A friend of mine thought that her dead internal battery meant unlimited Pokerus, but then she noticed she wasn't getting a bonus from it. We figured it was BECAUSE her battery was dead.
Strange....I traded my infected Pokemon to the game in question just to try and the Pokerus was spread just fine, dead battery and all....I'll check over the next couple of days and see if it wears off, but to be safe I will be keeping an infected Pokemon in my PC at all times.
Reply With Quote
  #1136    
Old December 9th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Christopher's Avatar
Christopher
Hear Me Roar
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
alright I have a question. I have Sapphire the internal battery has died is it possible for me to still capture Latias or is that time based?
Reply With Quote
  #1137    
Old December 9th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Elder Trainer
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearuvagen View Post
alright I have a question. I have Sapphire the internal battery has died is it possible for me to still capture Latias or is that time based?
Catching Latias is not dependent on the internal clock. As long as you have beaten the Elite Four, you should be able to run into her if you're lucky enough. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #1138    
Old December 9th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
baby smod
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Strange....I traded my infected Pokemon to the game in question just to try and the Pokerus was spread just fine, dead battery and all....I'll check over the next couple of days and see if it wears off, but to be safe I will be keeping an infected Pokemon in my PC at all times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
In Generation III
The Pokérus operates in much the same way as in Generation II, though it can infect eggs too. Also, it can only be contracted or cured in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. In FireRed and LeafGreen, as well as Colosseum and Pokémon XD, since the time function is absent, a Pokémon with Pokérus will keep it indefinitely, until it is transferred to the Hoenn-based games.
With that being said, since FRLG doesn't use the time function, the Pokemon keeps it indefinitely. If an RSE cart has a dried up battery and can no longer use the time function, I would assume that the case would be the same. But this is just an assumption. I suggest testing it out a little, if at all possible.
__________________

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Reply With Quote
  #1139    
Old December 14th, 2010, 07:01 AM
LuVrDiSC's Avatar
LuVrDiSC
pokéGirL Power !
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Floe Island Day-Care, Kanto
Gender: Female
Nature: Modest
is there anyway to better breed for characteristics? i have been trying to breed a Roselia with a Speed characteristic for days with no luck. for some reason most of them come out with "somewhat vain" character which is what the male has. im not sure what characteristics do to be honest, i have looked them up, if someone could explain them to me in plain english hehe i would be happy thanx
__________________
ss/fc: 0990 6380 9632 ((retired))
blk/fc: 2795 0584 5756 ((retired))
Reply With Quote
  #1140    
Old December 14th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
baby smod
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Well, sounds like you're playing one of the DS games, so your best bet is to ask in either the DPPt Q&A thread or the HGSS help thread, depending on the game you're asking about. This section is for RSE/FRLG, and in these games, there were natures, but not characteristics.
__________________

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Reply With Quote
  #1141    
Old December 16th, 2010, 09:39 PM
ZenTheObscure
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Gender: Male
what do i do to get in the desert in ruby? i havent played in so long...im in fallabor now training but im curious
Reply With Quote
  #1142    
Old December 16th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Christopher's Avatar
Christopher
Hear Me Roar
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
you have to beat Flannery after which your rival will give you the Go-Goggles which will allow you to go into the desert.
Reply With Quote
  #1143    
Old December 17th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Arkywhitegirl's Avatar
Arkywhitegirl
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Arkywhitegirl
I read you can write down "LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL" and something happens but you don't know what, anyone know?
Reply With Quote
  #1144    
Old December 17th, 2010, 02:41 AM
DrFuji's Avatar
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Upside-downia
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkywhitegirl View Post
I read you can write down "LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL" and something happens but you don't know what, anyone know?
Write that down on the PokeMart questionaire sheet in FireRed (little piece of white paper on any Mart's counter) and you will unlock the Mystery Gift feature for FireRed. Its primary use was at downloadable Nintendo events, but those ended a looong time ago for the Third Generation games.
Reply With Quote
  #1145    
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:34 PM
nyLde's Avatar
nyLde
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Female
hello guys,

i do have a pokemon EMERALD and LEAF GREEN versions.

*Just askin if i can trade pokemon on those 2 versions using a nintendo DS and a GBA SP with a link cable???
Reply With Quote
  #1146    
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Keyaki's Avatar
Keyaki
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 20
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyLde View Post
hello guys,

i do have a pokemon EMERALD and LEAF GREEN versions.

*Just askin if i can trade pokemon on those 2 versions using a nintendo DS and a GBA SP with a link cable???
No, No you can not.

Unless you have 2 GBAs it won't work
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
200 pixels too wide.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Reply With Quote
  #1147    
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Kenshin5's Avatar
Kenshin5
Wanderer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
You can't trade them, it is a one way trip from the Game Boy Advance Game Pack to the DS Game Pack. It's done through Pal Park on Route 221, you transfer 6 pokemon per day from your GBA game to your DS one. You cannot have HM moves on them when transferring them. As Keyaki said you need two GBA's. DS do not have Link Cable Slots.
__________________

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White


Last edited by Kenshin5; December 17th, 2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #1148    
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:44 PM
nyLde's Avatar
nyLde
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Female
oh my bad, well thanks for the help, i should be getting another GBA so i can trade

Last edited by nyLde; December 17th, 2010 at 11:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1149    
Old December 18th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Tiimme
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Belgium
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
When you're using an emulator to play with
how do you trade in eggs or pokémon that you cannot catch in the game?
Cause I've seen a lot of guys here talkin about it, but I've not the tiniest clue on how to do that.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #1150    
Old December 18th, 2010, 05:40 AM
JakeyBoy's Avatar
JakeyBoy
Riddle me this
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
You need a special emulator, but to be honest I'd recommend using a code to force the Pokemon to appear. Also, this sort of question should be taken to the Q&A thread in the Emulator forum.
__________________
RIP Slowpoke Jackson
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.