The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 29th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
Impish is a good nature for Mudkip, not sure about bad natures though sorry.
Old December 29th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
Is Adamant, Brave or Quiet still good?

Old December 29th, 2010, 04:43 AM
The Red Chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
Is Adamant, Brave or Quiet still good?
Adamant is okay but you'll be less powerful in the Surf department.
Brave is probably better for that moveset if you really don't mind sacrificing whatever speed it has.
Mudkip's line has a higher attack stat than special attack, and being that you'll have Earthquake, one of the better moves on your Swampert [assuming you'll evolve it], Quiet is not really that good.

So out of those choices, Brave is best.
Old December 29th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Chain View Post

Adamant is okay but you'll be less powerful in the Surf department.
Brave is probably better for that moveset if you really don't mind sacrificing speed.
Mudkip's line has a higher attack stat than special attack, and being that you'll have Earthquake, one of the better moves on your Swampert [assuming you'll evolve it], Quiet is not really that good.

So out of those choices, Brave is best.
Thank you! Wow! I happened to get a Brave Mudkip!

Old December 29th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Hm, is there anyway possible that you could take a picture? Cause I find that odd. The sticker should definitely be holo.
Not anymore.... I just gave it to my Grandma today (she bought it for me off of Amazon.com) to return it. Sorry.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old December 30th, 2010, 10:01 AM
SquirtleGirl
Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..

My Pokémon Sapphire went missing for a couple of months an I finally discovered it in a damp corner of one of the rooms in the house Now when I put it in my DS to play [being all happy that I've found it, because I'd been looking for it for AGES and needed to import to my Diamond game to complete the NationalDex] Anyways, I turned it on and it tells me the internal batery has run dry and that clock based events will not occur. Can this be repaired in any way?

In progress
:
Water Monotype Challenge: Pokémon Diamond

"Only three things are infinite, the universe, human stupidity...and the number of Zubats in Dark Cave"

Old December 30th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Not anymore.... I just gave it to my Grandma today (she bought it for me off of Amazon.com) to return it. Sorry.
Well, that's fine too. Soon you'll be on your way to getting a good copy, I'm sure. :)

Quote:
My Pokémon Sapphire went missing for a couple of months an I finally discovered it in a damp corner of one of the rooms in the house ^^ Now when I put it in my DS to play [being all happy that I've found it, because I'd been looking for it for AGES and needed to import to my Diamond game to complete the NationalDex] Anyways, I turned it on and it tells me the internal batery has run dry and that clock based events will not occur. Can this be repaired in any way?
Why, yes it can. Seems to be a lot of these questions lately. Linking up with the Pokemon Colosseum bonus disc will enable the patch, and I want to say Pokemon Channel, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen as well, though I'm not too sure on the latter. And I think you can still order replacement batteries. If you look back a few pages in this thread, there are probably better answers, cause I know this question has been brought up a lot recently.

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old December 30th, 2010, 11:34 AM
SquirtleGirl
Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

Why, yes it can. Seems to be a lot of these questions lately. Linking up with the Pokemon Colosseum bonus disc will enable the patch, and I want to say Pokemon Channel, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen as well, though I'm not too sure on the latter. And I think you can still order replacement batteries. If you look back a few pages in this thread, there are probably better answers, cause I know this question has been brought up a lot recently.
Apologies ; I haven't been on the forums since October so I haven't really been following anything ;

In progress
:
Water Monotype Challenge: Pokémon Diamond

"Only three things are infinite, the universe, human stupidity...and the number of Zubats in Dark Cave"

Old December 30th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Jak
baby smod

Quote:
Apologies ^^; I haven't been on the forums since October so I haven't really been following anything ^^;
No need to apologize; I wouldn't think to look back a few pages either, to be honest. I was just referencing it so that you could look back and see what other people suggested for the last person that was concerned about their battery.

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old December 30th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirtleGirl View Post
My Pokémon Sapphire went missing for a couple of months an I finally discovered it in a damp corner of one of the rooms in the house Now when I put it in my DS to play [being all happy that I've found it, because I'd been looking for it for AGES and needed to import to my Diamond game to complete the NationalDex] Anyways, I turned it on and it tells me the internal batery has run dry and that clock based events will not occur. Can this be repaired in any way?
As Syd said, when he thought you could buy Back-up Batteries, you can indeed, because I did, and my Internal Battery is no longer dead. You have to be able to sauder though.
(might have spelled that wrong btw)

Quote:
I was just referencing it so that you could look back and see what other people suggested for the last person that was concerned about their battery.
I believe that person was me btw.

Hoenn, 1 Badge

Last edited by Weavile05; December 30th, 2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:24 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

I have a question regarding my Leaf Green version. Which starter should I get? I've heard that your starter's type affects which legendary dog you're gonna get. Should I choose Bulbasaur like what many claim to be good or Squirtle? I don't really like Charmander, so that's out. Is Entei better or Raikou?

Old December 31st, 2010, 07:12 AM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

That all comes down to what you prefer. Do you like defensive or offensive pokemon more?

Hoenn, 1 Badge
Old December 31st, 2010, 07:30 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
I have a question regarding my Leaf Green version. Which starter should I get? I've heard that your starter's type affects which legendary dog you're gonna get. Should I choose Bulbasaur like what many claim to be good or Squirtle? I don't really like Charmander, so that's out. Is Entei better or Raikou? :(
Bulbasaur is taking the easy route... Can beat first two gyms, resistant against the 3rd, 4th You should have another Pokemon, 5th, 6th, 7th could be hard without the right helpers, but 8th and the E4 should be moderately easy.

Squirlte is known as the average option, fairing against most gyms. 3rd and 4th are the only one's that should give you problems, Blastoise has good defensive stats along with offensive, Venusaur has good Special stats and speed. (Well better than the Toise')

Raikou is better >: Entei is just rubbish But Entei does have a shallow movepool I'd go with Raikou (:

Squirtle + Raikou :D
Old December 31st, 2010, 11:46 PM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

Bulbasaur is taking the easy route... Can beat first two gyms, resistant against the 3rd, 4th You should have another Pokemon, 5th, 6th, 7th could be hard without the right helpers, but 8th and the E4 should be moderately easy.

Squirlte is known as the average option, fairing against most gyms. 3rd and 4th are the only one's that should give you problems, Blastoise has good defensive stats along with offensive, Venusaur has good Special stats and speed. (Well better than the Toise')

Raikou is better >: Entei is just rubbish But Entei does have a shallow movepool I'd go with Raikou (:

Squirtle + Raikou :D
Thanks for the advice. I chose Squirtle and 3rd and 4th gyms were so easy. I used my Diglett to beat the Electric type and my Doduo owned the Grass gym. :D

Ok, here's some for my Emerald which was restarted 4 days ago.
1. Which Electric Pokemon should I place temporarily in my party until I get a Chinchou? Electrike, Magnemite or Pikachu? Voltorb is out cos I see that it sucks. I'm thinking maybe Electrike will do especially with Manectric.
2. Which Pokemon should I make it learn HM Rock Smash? Zigzagoon, Aron or Gulpin? I was planning on making Zigzagoon my HM slave, it has Cut learned already.

Last edited by Diamond1304; January 1st, 2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 1st, 2011, 12:42 PM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Antebellum
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I chose Squirtle and 3rd and 4th gyms were so easy. I used my Diglett to beat the Electric type and my Doduo owned the Grass gym. :D

Ok, here's some for my Emerald which was restarted 4 days ago.
1. Which Electric Pokemon should I place temporarily in my party until I get a Chinchou? Electrike, Magnemite or Pikachu? Voltorb is out cos I see that it sucks. I'm thinking maybe Electrike will do especially with Manectric.
2. Which Pokemon should I make it learn HM Rock Smash? Zigzagoon, Aron or Gulpin? I was planning on making Zigzagoon my HM slave, it has Cut learned already.
1-Electrike is a great party member. Spark or Shock Wave go great with it, and it can usually KO a Pokemon in under 2 hits. I highly reccomend it.

2-Zigzagoon can learn a few HMs, so he's pretty good but Cut is really uneeded for most of the game. If you can find a Geodude, use one, it's a fantastic HM slave. Also, you'll need flash for victory road, so you might need something that can use that.
Old January 8th, 2011, 01:31 PM
AliceBlaze
Shiny Collector

Nature: Lonely
Is it possible for pokemon that you recieve from in-game trades to be shiny if I keep soft resetting? Because in Firered, I'm trying to get every stationary pokemon (gift, legendary etc) in shiny forms.
Old January 8th, 2011, 02:20 PM
The Red Chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceBlaze View Post
Is it possible for pokemon that you recieve from in-game trades to be shiny if I keep soft resetting? Because in Firered, I'm trying to get every stationary pokemon (gift, legendary etc) in shiny forms.
In-game trades? What do you mean?
When a person in-game trades with you?
Old January 8th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Quote:

I believe that is what he means. And I believe the answer to his question is yes.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
Old January 8th, 2011, 03:40 PM
AliceBlaze
Shiny Collector

Nature: Lonely
Quote:

An in-game trade is when an NPC asks for a pokemon in exchange for another pokemon that is normally hard to find. For example, you can trade a Spearow for a Farfetch'd in R/B/Y/FR/LG.
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:52 PM
The Red Chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceBlaze View Post
An in-game trade is when an NPC asks for a pokemon in exchange for another pokemon that is normally hard to find. For example, you can trade a Spearow for a Farfetch'd in R/B/Y/FR/LG.
Right. So then the answer to your question is most definitely a yes, you can soft-reset for a shiny of a "gift' Pokemon. :3
Old January 14th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Aerosignus
Blazeblaziken!

Nature: Relaxed
Hello. I read somewhere that when my internal battery stopped working, all I had to do was link it up to Pokemon Colosseum to reset the clock. Is that true or not?
Old January 15th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Goldeh
Beginning Trainer

Hey, I'm new to the forums. I looked around for a better more appropriate place in the forum to put this thread, but I couldn't find one..so here it lies until moved. I was wondering how to get to Safari Zone in Emerald. I started yesterday..I have 4 hours on the game, and I've beaten the first 3 gym leaders I believe. I have a level 29 Pokemon. At my stage, I would like to know how, and if I can go to the Safari Zone..so I can search for Pikachu. Thanks.
Old January 15th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Timbjerr
Hero of the Blue Flame
Community Supporter

Between Fortree City and Lilycove city, so you'll need to be past the sixth gym at least.

Oh, and just friendly advice for obvious newbie, this thread is where these questions go. ^_^

PokéCommunity Veteran Timbjerr

"We're not perfect. Sometimes our brains tell us one thing, while our emotions tell us another. And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us."
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Jude Mathis
[ いかないで。 ]
Community Supporter

Yeah, I'm just gonna merge this into the correct thread. ^ ^;
Old January 16th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Goldeh
Beginning Trainer

Thanks a lot. I will keep playing, and get to that point. I just need to be patient!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links