The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 21st, 2012, 06:34 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardevoirxGalladeForever View Post
I'm not sure if this is in the right spot, but I have a question. I was hunting Raikou on my LG, but he used Roar, scared the crap out of my Pokemon, then escaped, and I was going to continue looking for him but when I looked at my Pokedex, it said Area Unknown. Can I find him again? If so, where, because it's area's unkknown now..? Has this happened to any of you? Is it a mean trick or is it a genuine coding glitch, or will he pop up again?
LeafGreen and FireRed have a glitch where when roaming Pokémon use Roar, they will disappear forever. You won't be able to find it anymore. It's a known bug.
Old October 26th, 2012, 05:31 PM
TRiGa
Eeveelutions Rule

Nature: Calm
Do anyybody know the best movesets to use for Crawdaunt? I am doing a Solo challenge for Pokemon Sapphire.
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
I'd go for a mixed set. Try Surf, Ice Beam, Brick Break, Facade/Swords Dance. Surf is obviously great STAB. Ice Beam to expel pesky Grass types and Dragons. Brick Break for opposing Dark types. Facade is more filler, so you could just go with Swords Dance instead, but seeing that this is a solo, you might want more fire power than set up power. It sucks that Crawdaunt basically has no good Dark STAB moves this game (if you change this to Emerald, you get Crunch at 51), but eh, gotta just go with it. No Earthquake either, which sucks.
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:32 PM
JollyRoger25
Dark Type Master

Nature: Jolly
Hey, I'm trying to grind out levels for my first run at the Elite 4, where would you recommend. I'm grinding on wild pokemon in Victory Road now, but its slow workings. I also can't seem to use the Vs. Seeker there, whats up with that?
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRoger25 View Post
Hey, I'm trying to grind out levels for my first run at the Elite 4, where would you recommend. I'm grinding on wild pokemon in Victory Road now, but its slow workings. I also can't seem to use the Vs. Seeker there, whats up with that?
I assume you're playing FireRed/LeafGreen if I can recall?

There's Trainers on several routes you may have battled earlier that might have gotten stronger since you last battled them.

Try and use the Vs. Seeker and you can battle them for experience (and money too!). Hope my advice was helpful.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old October 28th, 2012, 12:33 PM
PokeHunter212
Unhatched Egg

Hi 67 page long thread and all who inhabit it. So this is a dumb question but it's safe to assume that if one has not received events to get Jirachi or Deoxys that they're not going to anytime in the future yes?
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:53 PM
JollyRoger25
Dark Type Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeHunter212 View Post
Hi 67 page long thread and all who inhabit it. So this is a dumb question but it's safe to assume that if one has not received events to get Jirachi or Deoxys that they're not going to anytime in the future yes?
Yeah, the distribution for Event Pokemon has ended for generation III, as of now. The only way to get any of the Event Pokemon is to use a cheating device like Action Replay, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I assume you're playing FireRed/LeafGreen if I can recall?

There's Trainers on several routes you may have battled earlier that might have gotten stronger since you last battled them.

Try and use the Vs. Seeker and you can battle them for experience (and money too!). Hope my advice was helpful.
Yeah, should have mentioned that I was using Fire Red/Leaf Green, sorry.
And that was helpful thanks.

Last edited by JollyRoger25; October 28th, 2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old October 28th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Quote:
The VS. Seeker, for whatever reason, doesn't work in caves. I don't think it works in forests either, but not sure. Definitely know it doesn't work in caves like Victory Road though. Sorry. :(

Quote:
The only gen III event you can still get is the Bonus Disc Jirachi. It's at level 5 with a Salac Berry, and the event is for Ruby and Sapphire. However, getting one of these bonus discs would be the main concern. I'm not sure of their rarity. You could try checking eBay if you really want, but it's really not worth it. But in a sense, this event is "ongoing" as long as you have the disc, because you can use it as many times as you want.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 07:53 PM
Shiroi Alucard
White Knight

I'm looking for a site or possibly a store I can go to, to buy Pokemon Emerald and Fire Red/Leaf Green for the GBA. I 'd like to avoid Ebay and Craig's List for it's numerous fake cartridges that are often bought by mistake.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 08:18 PM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBlaz View Post
I'm looking for a site or possibly a store I can go to, to buy Pokemon Emerald and Fire Red/Leaf Green for the GBA. I 'd like to avoid Ebay and Craig's List for it's numerous fake cartridges that are often bought by mistake.
I'd just recommend downloading an emulator like Visual Boy Advance and downloading the game off CoolROM. It's free, much easier, and much faster.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 08:21 PM
Shiroi Alucard
White Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post
I'd just recommend downloading an emulator like Visual Boy Advance and downloading the game off CoolROM. It's free, much easier, and much faster.
I would but I want to play them on my DS and be able to transfer them to my Soul Silver, unless there's some way to do that using an emulator?
Old November 3rd, 2012, 08:21 PM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBlaz View Post
I would but I want to play them on my DS and be able to transfer them to my Soul Silver, unless there's some way to do that using an emulator?
Oh, never mind. You can't do that with an emulator. I got nothing then.
Old November 5th, 2012, 07:24 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

So I'm replaying my Leaf Green and I'm wondering whether or not to evolve my Haunter before I face the League. See, my problem is that Haunter is my favorite ghost type but I really want the stat increase when I evolve it into Gengar. This, by itself, would not be so much of a problem if I wasn't so freaked out by Gengar. (Yes, I was scared pissless of it when I was a kid watching the original anime and its stuck with me up to this day).

It'll be the first time in any Pokemon game that I use Haunter in my final team, but beyond that, I'm contemplating trading it over to my Heart Gold and the to my White to use in competitive battles.

What should I do?

Old November 5th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Just evolve it. You want the better stats I think, and I don't think Eviolite Haunter is a thing...or a good thing. Cause being bulky isn't what Haunt or Gengar is about. It's about fast hard hitting special attack, and you're gonna get that more out of a Gengar than you would a Haunter. But if this is just for in-game, it doesn't really matter.

I don't recommend Haunter for gen V competitive though, but that's a topic for another section. Keep in mind, if you want help with competitive stuff, you're gonna wanna try asking in Battle Center. You will get better results asking there than here, plus if you're sending it to gen V, this is the gen III section lol. Though I'd recommend getting a completely new Haunter to use competitively rather than one from an in-game playthrough, but maybe that's just me.
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Heracles4

Grovyle
-Quick attack
-Rock Smash
-Pursuit
-Fury Cutter
Beautifly
-Flash
-Gust
-Poison Sting
-Stun Spore
Taillow
-Peck
-Wing Attack
-Quick Attack
-Focus Energy
Aron
-Metal Claw
-Rock Tomb
-Mud-Slap
-Headbutt

I need advice and tips on how to beat Wattson with these pokemon/Advice on pokemon to catch to use to beat Wattson

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Last edited by Heracles4; November 13th, 2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

First thing's first. Tailow and Beautifly will be useless. Your best bet is using that Aron on his Magneton and abusing the crap out of Mud-Slap. Make sure it's holding a Cheri Berry. I think that'd help. Grovyle should be able to do wel-- o. Nevermind. That's an awful moveset, I hate to tell you. Grind Grovyle to level 29 and learn Leaf Blade and never let it go. Ever. After that, Grovyle should be alright against everything but Magneton on Wattson's team.

I recommend getting a Geodude, if you're not opposed to it.
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Tsukimaru
Double battles veteran

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukimaru
guys, i have a question. i really want to train a raikou, but as you know, it is a roaming pokemon, so once i find it in leaf green, it´s nature remains the same, so it´s stats.
i wonder that if i trade it to emerald, delete the lg file, clear it up again, and get to trade with emerald again, if i trade the old raikou to check the new raikou location, if everytime i find it is the "first time" i meet it in the new game, would it spawn a new raikou every time? (diferent stats and nature)?

/showthread.php?t=188702

Diamond FC:1719-2198-5393.
Platinum FC:3395-0270-3626
HeartGold FC: 4297-5796-7530

Check out my battles and comment please xP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9P1Zd4exY4
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Trading the Raikou over isn't going to make it spawn. I'm pretty sure it automatically starts roaming after you get the National Dex, so that's the trigger. And only one will show up. Trading in a Raikou isn't going to make a bunch appear. It's just one per file, and even then, if you find it and it Roars you away, it's glitched you out of being able to obtain it. I'm not sure about it showing up in your Pokedex location if you trade one over though. Not really worth all the effort though. I think you'd be better off trying to get a good nature Raikou from HGSS.
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Tsukimaru
Double battles veteran

haha noo, you misunderstood my question

what i meant is to take the raikou to another version, delete the leaf green save file, start a new one (so i can get a new raikou), clear the game, get the National Dex, and then trade the previous file´s raikou so i can see the new file´s movements.

what i wonder is: once raikou is roaming but i still haven´t seen it, does it have like a determinate nature/ stats even before i first meet it?

/showthread.php?t=188702

Old November 14th, 2012, 10:56 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukimaru View Post
haha noo, you misunderstood my question :P

what i meant is to take the raikou to another version, delete the leaf green save file, start a new one (so i can get a new raikou), clear the game, get the National Dex, and then trade the previous file´s raikou so i can see the new file´s movements.

what i wonder is: once raikou is roaming but i still haven´t seen it, does it have like a determinate nature/ stats even before i first meet it?
Raikou's nature and IVs will be determined once you first encounter it. However, there is a glitch in third gen games where all roaming Pokemon have really low IVs except for HP. If you want a third gen Raikou with decent IVs, your best bet is the one in Colosseum.
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Tsukimaru
Double battles veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Raikou's nature and IVs will be determined once you first encounter it. However, there is a glitch in third gen games where all roaming Pokemon have really low IVs except for HP. If you want a third gen Raikou with decent IVs, your best bet is the one in Colosseum.

ohhh, that explains why it got 0 in al IV but HP hahaha
thanks i guess i`ll take the dust out of colosseum and star it over.

/showthread.php?t=188702

Old November 21st, 2012, 09:36 AM
OneEyedSquid
Unhatched Egg

I'm not really sure if it is a good place to post that...
Some time ago my friend and I started to play Pokemon Fire Red on Gameboid. She was the first, who defeated Elite Four. We were both very surprised and excited that there is something more after the ending credits (Sevii Islands). But well, when I finally defeated Elite Four, my rival and became a Pokemon Master, my game just ended. Here's an exact description:
After prof. Oak have put my pokeballs into that strange machine, I saw "Game is saving" for a two seconds. Then I patiently waited until credits ended and ... the game returned to the main menu. And here's the problem - my only save (in game) is three months old, when my Bulbasaur was on 10th level... What should I do to continue the game and go to the Sevii Islands?
As I said - my only "fresh" saves are these made by Gameboid, not in the game. To be honest, I have no idea how to save the game "properly". Can somebody help me, please? I really want to continue the game!
Sorry for my poor English
Old November 21st, 2012, 09:46 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

...What is Gameboid? I don't want to sound rude, but do you mean GameBoy? Since you mentioned your English is bad, I read your post about three times to try to get what you mean, and I'm still having a hard time understanding. If you're playing the game on a legit Game Boy Advance, you should just pause the game and click save and that's how you save. If you really meant Gameboid, which I assume is some kind of emulator, then you would probably need to ask in Emulation instead.

I'm trying to understand your question as best as I can, sorry. :(

Edit: Okay, Drakow confirmed that Gameboid is an emulator. This sounds more like it's an issue with that, so you're gonna want to ask in Emulation, cause this thread is for questions about the game, not what you're using to play the game. Sorry about that. I hope you can find your answer there!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156

Last edited by Jak; November 21st, 2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Feebas
Unevolved

Need some help on the 7th Hoenn gym.
I realize that Tate and Liza are a Psychic-type dual battle, but I don't have any good Dark-types to battle them. I do have an Absol and a Mightyena, but neither seem to be adequate. Any suggestions?

Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:21 PM
Yellow Silver Nostalgia
Those Were The Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feebas View Post
Need some help on the 7th Hoenn gym.
I realize that Tate and Liza are a Psychic-type dual battle, but I don't have any good Dark-types to battle them. I do have an Absol and a Mightyena, but neither seem to be adequate. Any suggestions?
Could try some sort of evasion tactic with one Pokemon doing double team and everything, and then use the other Pokemon to do reflect or something to help protect the double teaming one, and then once the double teaming one is unhittable, whip out some toxic.

That's how I beat them on expert emerald anyway.

Sponsored Links