The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1851    
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:42 AM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
So I witnessed the fight between Kyogre and Groudon, and I'm stuck as to what I need to do next?
Go to Steven, he'll lead you to the Cave of Origin. Then you tell Wallace in there to go to Sky Pillar.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1852    
Old April 1st, 2013, 05:47 AM
Sonkitts's Avatar
Sonkitts
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Where would I look if I wanted to buy Sapphire, Leaf Green and Fire Red? Turns out my versions are fake. Buying online is dodgy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1853    
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:06 AM
Autumn Reverie's Avatar
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonkitts View Post
Where would I look if I wanted to buy Sapphire, Leaf Green and Fire Red? Turns out my versions are fake. Buying online is dodgy.
You can go to any game shop and ask if they still sell those games or not. If you can't seem to find any, I would suggest downloading an emulator (AdvanceBoyVisual's the best for the above mentioned) and get the Sapphire/Leaf Green/Fire Red ROMS online. All of those are available online for free - just Google them and viola! Make sure they're the real deal though. Some of those can be fake too. Hope this helps. All the best and enjoy!
__________________

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Reply With Quote
  #1854    
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:23 AM
solopy567's Avatar
solopy567
Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Where ever I get dragged to next XD
Age: 20
Gender:
Nature: Brave
No really. For some reason, every time I play now i reach a point I cant pass because my pokemon are too underleveled and suddenly I find myself having to grind a lot. This never happened in the past. I play like I always played: pick a starter, catch pokemon that can beat the gym leaders, and that's it. I dont even know what Im doing wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #1855    
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:45 AM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
eye of the needle
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
What are you playing and how long did you take a break from playing? Merging this with the Q&A thread btw since this is sort of a question.
__________________
Kill me like an animal.
paired to klippy and elheroeoscuro
Reply With Quote
  #1856    
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:09 AM
Nick-p
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
i have a little problem here For 4 weeks i have not been playing my pokemon emerald game and today i wanted to play it but the problem is i inserted it in my gameboy advance sp slot, turn on the system and this is what i got:

1. i inserted the gba cartridge correctly in the gba sp slot and turned on the system and it had a white screen that displayed "GAMEBOY" with the word " NINTENDO" under it.


2. after the word ''Gameboy'' and ''nintendo'' were displayed it went to a white screen and i am guessing that it froze up trying to load? any ideas please let me know thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1857    
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:13 AM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
eye of the needle
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Take it out and blow into the cartridge. NES style.
__________________
Kill me like an animal.
paired to klippy and elheroeoscuro
Reply With Quote
  #1858    
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:38 AM
Nick-p
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
i tried blowing into the cartridge wont work either i tried blowing into the gba slot wont work. is the internal battery dead in the gba pak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
What are you playing and how long did you take a break from playing? Merging this with the Q&A thread btw since this is sort of a question.
i took a break up to 4 weeks

should i take the game cartridge apart and clean the terminals with alchol- nick

Last edited by Nick-p; April 1st, 2013 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #1859    
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:22 AM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-p View Post
i tried blowing into the cartridge wont work either i tried blowing into the gba slot wont work. is the internal battery dead in the gba pak


i took a break up to 4 weeks

should i take the game cartridge apart and clean the terminals with alchol- nick
I'd probably try and avoid taking it apart as much as possible to avoid breaking it further. Are you 100% sure it's not a fake?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1860    
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:34 AM
Nick-p
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
come to find out it is a fake because there shouldt be the letter ''E'' at the bottom left side of the game pak itself The genuine Ones have the ''CE'' on the side should i just swipe the contacts with rubbing alcohol
Reply With Quote
  #1861    
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:48 AM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-p View Post
come to find out it is a fake because there shouldt be the letter ''E'' at the bottom left side of the game pak itself The genuine Ones have the ''CE'' on the side should i just swipe the contacts with rubbing alcohol
I think the american ones have that, I'm Australian, so mine has what you said. If you could post a picture, it'd really help. If it is a fake, it may just never work.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1862    
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:33 AM
Nick-p
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
found some useful info online i thought it was fake i guess i was wrong it has the shiny stcker on it and i cannot post any pics until i have up to 15 post dont forget ia am still new here!-nick
Reply With Quote
  #1863    
Old April 1st, 2013, 02:10 PM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-p View Post
found some useful info online i thought it was fake i guess i was wrong it has the shiny stcker on it and i cannot post any pics until i have up to 15 post dont forget ia am still new here!-nick
Where did you buy it? That might give a hint.
You could always get your post count up by posting in the adv gen forum (just don't spam).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1864    
Old April 1st, 2013, 05:11 PM
tabor62's Avatar
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In the Sun
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
If it will help you out any, here's a picture of mine for you to compare it too:

Spoiler:


Sorry if the image is too big >.<
__________________
Moderator of Trade Corner
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here



Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Reply With Quote
  #1865    
Old April 3rd, 2013, 03:38 AM
Nick-p
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
i am not that kind of person to spam people but i do know that i originaly purchased the game from game stop a few years ago and liked the game ever since
Reply With Quote
  #1866    
Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:08 PM
Nick-p
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
is there a way to fix this from it not loading? it isnt one of those fake gba games.

and am i on the wrong forum? if the mods want to move me thats ok with me thanks for helping-nick
Reply With Quote
  #1867    
Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:28 PM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
eye of the needle
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Take it out and blow into the cartridge maybe? It's hard to determine a problem since there's not much info here. Are you absolutely sure the game isn't fake? There was an instance in another thread where the user said their games weren't fake, and upon further research, they turned out to be. There's a post in the FAQ in Advance Generation Gaming where you can read about identifying fake GBA cartridges.
__________________
Kill me like an animal.
paired to klippy and elheroeoscuro
Reply With Quote
  #1868    
Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Nick-p
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
i am 100% sure it is not fake because it has the shiny sticker on it
Reply With Quote
  #1869    
Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:36 PM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
eye of the needle
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
If you say so. Anyway, like I said, blow into the cartridge NES style, put it in your system securely and snug, and boot it up again. I can't think of why it's not working.

You didn't happen to leave it in a pocket that recently went through the washing machine, did you? I know that tends to damage games.

edit: Before I leave for class, I also want to add in that you might should clean it. Take a q-tip and put a little all-purpose cleaner on it. Not too much, though. And then gently swab the inside of the cartridge and see if that helps. I know that works for NES games (gee, that keeps getting brought up a lot, doesn't it?) so I assume it will work for a handheld Nintendo game.
__________________
Kill me like an animal.
paired to klippy and elheroeoscuro

Last edited by Jak; April 3rd, 2013 at 01:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1870    
Old April 3rd, 2013, 03:59 PM
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Gonna move this into Advance Gen so Syd can merge it into the proper thread. :3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1871    
Old April 5th, 2013, 03:23 AM
D_Pickford
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
My current team is:

Kabutops: Lv43
Graveler: Lv44
Raichu: Lv44
Charizard:Lv43
Vaporeon:Lv49
Haunter: Lv43

Where would you recommend that I train for the Elite 4? It's my first time round and the reason my Graveler and Haunter aren't evolved is because I'm on an emulator.
Reply With Quote
  #1872    
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:19 AM
chgs54
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Hey, I'm Luke. I'm new on this site and I wonder if you can help me with obtaining all stars on pkmn trainer card in pokemon fire red and leaf green versions?
I know about requirements but I can't get through this one: Jump 200 times in Pokémon Jump and get 200 Berries in Dodrio Berry Picking
you need 3 players to get through and gba wireless adapter only allows 2 at the same time on one computer.
Can someone help me?
Reply With Quote
  #1873    
Old April 9th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
eye of the needle
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Those adapters require someone being local. It's not like the wifi we have now.
__________________
Kill me like an animal.
paired to klippy and elheroeoscuro
Reply With Quote
  #1874    
Old April 9th, 2013, 01:55 PM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Pickford View Post
My current team is:

Kabutops: Lv43
Graveler: Lv44
Raichu: Lv44
Charizard:Lv43
Vaporeon:Lv49
Haunter: Lv43

Where would you recommend that I train for the Elite 4? It's my first time round and the reason my Graveler and Haunter aren't evolved is because I'm on an emulator.
I always found the trainers in the water above the hots springs on one island with the Seeking to be good exp. Also the route between Lavender Town and Saffron City has lots of trainers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1875    
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:32 AM
AnonygooseD's Avatar
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Africa
Nature: Jolly
I've caught like 5 krabbys now and none of them have a good nature, is it because of the old rod? and what should I do to get a good nature krabby?
OR would you recommend me a better water type?
__________________

Last edited by AnonygooseD; April 10th, 2013 at 07:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.