The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 7th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Nacon
Item Trafficker

Send a message via AIM to Nacon
On a lighter note, in contrast to the sad thread that's in hot discussion right, I'd love for us to share stories about our traveling, adventures, stuff like that. Have you found a place where you could find peace within yourself, a part of the world that felt like paradise, a part of the world that impacted your outlook on life.....

I'd love to hear it... if this thread starts to flow, I would love to share a couple of mine.

My trading thread, check it out!

Spoiler:

Feed me a Rare Candy!
some spoiler.. huh!

MY STANDARD BATTLE RULES:
Spoiler:

6 vs 6
Hax Items Clause
Hacks Clause
No Ubers
Sleep/OHKO/Evasion/ Clause
Old November 9th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Lady Nicole
hello o.o

Nature: Naive
I loved visiting places like Costa Rica and New Orleans because of the climate =D

Credit to aragornbird for the Cresselia image

Nicole is happy
Old November 9th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Nacon
Item Trafficker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nicole View Post
I loved visiting places like Costa Rica and New Orleans because of the climate =D
(thanks for getting this going....):D

mad cool you've been to Costa Rica, I've been there 4 times so far... definitely one of my favorite places on the globe... you know... one of the few places where you can see a sunrise from the Atlantic Ocean and see it set in the Pacific.

The fact that the climate is so diverse in Costa Rica, and always, IMO, perfect... the mountain air is crisp, the beaches are so relaxing, the rain forests are just SO beautiful.... I've travelled all over Costa Rica... one of our family traditions is to go horseback riding at all these spots...

Even as a minor detail, I think that foods have more flavor over there...the chicken tastes like CHICKEN(!) and the eggs taste like EGGS(!).... it's nice to have food once in awhile that isn't from a processing plant (basically)

My godmother lives over there, she's a friggin' rich and very respected lady, so when me and my family go there, we get the first-class treatment... oh yea.. and I love my latino-food.

She got me hooked on J&B Scotch... too... lol.

When my family travels, we don't mess around, and we usually don't simply just sit next to a pool drinking 'tinis.... we go on full out adventures!

Spoiler:

Feed me a Rare Candy!
some spoiler.. huh!

Spoiler:

6 vs 6
Hax Items Clause
Hacks Clause
No Ubers
Old November 9th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Memory
let's waste time ✖

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Memory
I've never been out of Colorado before. XD
Doesn't matter, though, I love the mountains up here. My dad and I travel up there sometimes as I just love to take pictures of the red rocks and other things. <3

I've been up to Mother Cabrini twice, and it is a very remarkable place. It's so quiet and peaceful.
Old November 9th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Nature: Gentle
Well unfortunately, I haven't traveled much, but it's one of the things I'm most excited about growing up about. XD (Did that make sense?)

I want to go everywhere and I want to do it even if it means traveling without a penny to my name. I'd give up everything for a chance to just go to a foreign country and start a new life.
Old November 9th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Nacon
Item Trafficker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausaudriel View Post
Well unfortunately, I haven't traveled much, but it's one of the things I'm most excited about growing up about. XD (Did that make sense?)

I want to go everywhere and I want to do it even if it means traveling without a penny to my name. I'd give up everything for a chance to just go to a foreign country and start a new life. </sap>
start all over? huh.... starting all over is a bit much for me, but there's so many other places I haven't gone that I want to go to. I want to touch 6\7 continents, at LEAST..... since who knows what's up with Antartica...

Spoiler:

Feed me a Rare Candy!
some spoiler.. huh!

Spoiler:

6 vs 6
Hax Items Clause
Hacks Clause
No Ubers
Old November 9th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Anti
I forgive you, Chris Bosh.

Nature: Serious
Loving pizza, chicago was a great vacation. thw indy city is a cool city. I'll say that. Giordano's pizza...mmmmmm
Old November 9th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Firebird306
lol

Location: Cities don't exist and we live amongst hoppy roos and tree bears. :B
Nature: Quiet
The city I live in right now...

I've only been to places in a 300km distance basically, within New South Wales. I haven't gone on a holiday and I don't want to right now. But I do want to see the world one day.
Old November 9th, 2007, 07:38 PM
sims796
We're A-Comin', Princess!

First off, a tour around Austrailia. Beautiful. Wish I could go again. Was there 20 days. (21 nights).

Then when I visit my family down South, I love it. Soutth Carolina, Myrtle Beach (to a lesser extent) Virgina, I love down South.

Of course, nothing beats good 'ole New York.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 10th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Nacon
Item Trafficker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sims796 View Post
First off, a tour around Austrailia. Beautiful. Wish I could go again. Was there 20 days. (21 nights).

Then when I visit my family down South, I love it. Soutth Carolina, Myrtle Beach (to a lesser extent) Virgina, I love down South.

Of course, nothing beats good 'ole New York.
Oz was off the hook.... I was there on a diplomacy forum... so I mainly explored Canberra and Sydney... haha.. good good times.... and being a New Yorker, it's just weird seeing so many friendly people... usually people just "do their own thing" around here... and over there, my NY'er status got me many a free drink at the pubs...

I agree with you about Oz.... definitely want to go for a longer time....even though the flying was purgotorial, and the time difference confusing as all heck... I'd totally do it again.

Spoiler:

Feed me a Rare Candy!
some spoiler.. huh!

Spoiler:

6 vs 6
Hax Items Clause
Hacks Clause
No Ubers
Quick Reply