• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A few pokemon related works of art I made because I'm cool like that...May be large!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofAnime

Now with 80% more awesome!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Hey, I mighta neglected I was an awesome artist in my many years at this site. :o

Of course, rather than taking my word for it, see for yourself!

This first pick is what I call a "hybrid" of two pokemon.

What's that? Why don't I call it a fusion since I'm combining two Pokemon into one? Well, quite blankly, fusions suck and are nothing more than gross atrocities that anyone with paint think they can make by splicing random pokeparts together. :/

You'll see right off the bat why this is a much more unique and different concept. This is a hybrid of Lugia and Garchomp, I call it...Lugar!
LugiChomp.png

As you can see, this is not random body parts thrown together, but an actual new creature composed of traits from both pokemon. Neat, huh?

These next series of pics are new pokemon I came up with. Rather, they're new Evos/pre evos of currently existing pokemon. :)

This first guy is an evolution to one of my favorite 4th gen pokemon, Abomasnow. Say hello to Yetalanche! He's Ice/Fighting :o
Yetalanche.png

Rawr, frightening, huh? :O

This next one is my favorite of the evolutions and is an evolution to Jynx (like she needs one. :P). Give a Psychic/Ghost round of applause to Voodear!
VooDear.png

On top of being the only Psychic/Ghost type ever, she's beautiful and may replace Gardevoir for many folks. :o

These next guys got cramped for space and share a picture together. :P

There's a Pinsir evolution named Crusor, Who is Bug/Ground (shocking, no?)
And a Lapras pre evolution named Loness.
News.png

And my final pic to share tonight, a picture of my absolute favorite pokemon, Mamoswine!
Behold his mighty colossal glory! :D
Mamoswine.png

So there you have it, like my pixxies? lolololololol

KingofAnime

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Before Voodear, my favorite female pokemon was Froslass. :o

txteclipse

The Last
Years
*What's that? Why don't I call it a fusion since I'm combining two Pokemon into one? Well, quite blankly, fusions suck and are nothing more than gross atrocities that anyone with paint think they can make by splicing random pokeparts together. :/*

Haughty much?

Anyways, these are fairly good. Not the best here, but good. Maybe try some shading?

KingofAnime

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Yes, after seeing millions of failed fusions and almost dying inside, you'd be haughty as well. >_>

And I don't shade when drawing the picture, I save that for the CGing...

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Hm, it's true that it doesn't look like either a Garchomp or a Lugia, but you don't need to go off bad-mouthing splicer's while your at it. :/ That's not really as mature as you could be, because there are some splicer's who are great at splicing. It's kind of like if I told you that your fakemon drawings suck because anyone with a pencil and paper can draw fakemon, and they're all ugly because they all suck at drawing.

Which isn't true, so let's save the sass for somewhere else.

Anyway, Voodear's proportions are somewhat odd, and I'm thinking it's the position of her er... chest, and her arms. The piece of hair covering up her eye isn't thick enough to cover up the size of her head that would be normal, so there should be a bit of head on the right, but if you were going for the weird disproportionate look, then yeah, forget what I said. Jynx is pretty strangely proportioned anyway.

Crusar and Lugar are cool, and the perspective on Lugar was done nicely. Crusar reminds me of a different pokemon, though I can't put my finger on it... It's got something to do with the spike he's standing on, but oh well.

KingofAnime

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Yeah, I mighta been unjustly unfair with the fusionists. To be honest, I've seen some good ones out there, it's just that the large amounts of crud outweighed the good. D:

So yeah, there was my little minivent in there, lulz

I'm not totally a jerk like that. :|

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Alrighty then, I'll take your word for it. xD; But let's not spam up the thread with posts that aren't related to your art, okay? and thank you, for condensing your rant. xD The point is fully received, and I don't disagree with your statement on the crud vs. the good.

KingofAnime

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
I've begun mini CGing Yetalanche, but never got around to fully doing him yet. THis is his progress so far:
Yetalanche1copy.png

Ignore the red outlines, I did a quick sub for black for preview purposes.

EDIT: I'm beginning to think I should stay out of the creative section altogether, I never realized how harsh a CCer I am. >_<
I can quickly see this site's population turning against me...

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
Years
There's nothing wrong with harsh CC. I think you're what this place needs. P:
Excellent beginning work on the CG, but as you said in my thread, it does kinda look like a Digimon (the horn and the hands look like they were taken from Megaseadramon and another Digimon I can't remember), and it looks more like an alternate evo to Snover than an Abomasnow evo. The art is top-notch, however.
And have you ever seen Xia Phearix's work? He's probably the best mixer I've seen.

KingofAnime

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Meh, It could go for an alternate Snover evo too.

I've got Yetalanche's basic color scheme in mind, so that'll make a good reference for the final product. :P

Unfortunatley, I've not been here enough to know who Xia Phearix is... :<

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
Years
Xia Phearix doesn't go here, I was just wondering if you might have seen him around if you've ever been to PMF Inc or C Spriting. (he mostly hangs around the former)
I can give you a link to his works once Invisionfree is back up, if you're interested.
Back on topic: I love Crusor, but it seems more Bug/Steel than Bug/Ground. And what will the colors be for Yetalanch? Similar to Ambomasnow?

KingofAnime

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Similar to Abomasnow, only the green on him is more dark and he has more of a bluish tinge to his body rather than pure white.
I was thinking of making Crusor Bug/Flying, but 4x weakness to rock sucks and that's a pretty common type already.

I figure Bug/Ground adds for more of an unexpected twist (Like Gyarados' flying half, lul)

KingofAnime

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Eh, I'm bumping this to provide some non pokemon art. :p

Main Character in a Castlevania fan game I was going to create awhile ago, Julia Belmont/Belmondo:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a...airly Recent to New Art/Julia_Concept_001.png

Boss enemy design for that same game, Charybdis. For those that played Symphony of the Night, this is Scylla's counterpart. (Warning, contains boobies!)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/spit_image.php.png

For those Megaman fans out there, this is my version of PirateMan made into Navi form. Say hello to PirateMan.EXE!
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/piratemanexeth3.png

More Megaman stuff, this is a picture of the LifeVirus from the Battle Network game, he was the final boss in the first game. This is a dark corrupted version of him known as the AkumuVirus:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/DeathVirusPic.png

This is yet another Megaman themed picture. It's a two headed dragon modeled after Gospel and Greiga, two more final bosses in battle network games:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/GrespelDragon.png

Ok, I really don't know what the **** this thing is. All I know is that I drew it shortly after playing Resident Evil, you can clearly see some clues hinting to that, no?
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/Haunting.png

Here's some links to the art in my photobucket account:

Fairly newish art
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/

A bit older stuff
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Old Art/

Lol, garbage from when I really sucked. :P
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Very Old Art/

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
i saw these and i said pretty nice

then i looked again and said very nice then i saw these ones and i said ace

10/10 for all of em i think the are great

KingofAnime

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Hay I hope I'm allowed to revive my own thread seeing as how I'm updating it. :/

Anywho, at Smogon, there recently was a series of "Create-A-Pokemon" threads, where the entire community came together and went through an elaborate process to create a brand new pokemon from scratch. In one part of the polls, there was an art stage where artists submitted their possible designs for what the pokemon was to possibly look like given that its typing was to be Ice/Bug and designed as a mixed sweeper. My design was as follows:
icebugsmall.png

(By the way, the winning design was made by the user Cyzir Visheen:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/sc00564182fd9.jpg)

Well, seeing as how my design lost to the better man, I began work on spriting him, since this was one of the final stages for the pokemon to go through, now named Syclant. In order to sprite him by scratch, I had to draw him up in a pose of my own to serve as a good reference. Again, the design is Cyzir's I only redrew him in a different pose.
icebugg.png

What does the sprite look like? You'll have to wait for me to update a sprite thread to see it. :|

After the success of Smogon's first "Create-A-Pokemon" threads, a second one is currently underway and our typing this time is Ghost/Fight. The role it will play is a physically balanced pokemon. Alot of folks hoped for him to be a Banette evo, but the final vote ruled against this. But to make those chaps happy, I drew up some possible Bannette evo designs.

Design one was probably the most lol. I didn't realize it at first when I drew him, but his robes and the puppet handle behind his back and the way his arms were stretched out like that made him look like he was Jesus being crucified. With that, I dubbed this "Ghost of Jesus"
Banette-evo.png

Design two was closer to my central idea of mixing in a puppeteer theme, but the face kinda killed it for me. :(
banetteevo.png

Design three was the final and best. I managed to not only express the puppeteer theme well, but I allowed him to be able to use the handle as a means for attacking and defending.
bannevo.png

After the Banette evo ideas, I wanted to create some new Ghost/Fighting designs from scratch. This first one was reminiscent of a Viking Ghost, though that was unintentional as well. :/
ghostfight.png

This next design is my favorite of all of them. I did everything very well because of a great inspiration I had for him. Tell me if you can guess what it was. :D
mummra.png

The art design contest is still going on by the way, If you are interested in wanting to submit a good idea, you still have ample time.

This last picture is pretty random and kinda sucks. It's just a dragon. I hate humanshaped dragons more than anything so I really don't know why I drew him.
Dragon.png

Also, I made a conceptual picture of Steelix showing him drawn in several pieces. This has a specific purpose in mind and I won't quite reveal it yet...
Steelix_small.png

Tis all for now. :p

Years
You can always bump (double post) in your own topics when they have not been inactive for 30 days. If the topic is older than a month, regardless of who posts after that, the topic will be closed.

You can always make a brand new topic to showcase your works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back