The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 9th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemac_7 View Post
When I open up the ROM, nothing happens, it just looks like how it was before
It shouldn't look any different?
Old August 10th, 2010, 02:10 PM
score_under
I program the *other* ASM.

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alignment View Post
It shouldn't look any different?
OK, if I ever decide to release a new version (I probably will.... some time... in a few years... ) then I'm going to make a little indicator as to whether the ROM is open or not.
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:00 PM
jessemac_7
Beginning Trainer

Well it's not that, the problem is, when I open up the ROM how do I navigate to the scripts so I can edit them?
Old August 18th, 2010, 12:04 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
I made a quick test with this editor and noticed it can really help editing the scripts in pokemon gold (especially as I'm not used to pointers yet).
Of course I'll also use the "real way" to do this because some of the bytes this tool shows don't accurately match with the data that is stored in the rom.

Anyway, nice you made it back then :D

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:07 PM
DigitalDetection
Beginning Trainer

nice tool!
it loosk really good.
im going to use it on my new hack
cant wait for updates
Old August 28th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Klavice Gavin
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naive
Will there be support for RBY too? Because I was thinking of changing those events.
Old September 13th, 2010, 10:58 AM
MrRanskis
Beginning Trainer

I'm getting this error message when I start the program: "Could not load Scintilla.ddl! Make sure you extracted PKSV-UI correctly!"

It worked before but now it seems to be broken somehow. But I don't understand how because I have the Scintilla.ddl in the same folder. I re-installed it, same thing happened. Help me.
Old September 13th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klavice Gavin View Post
Will there be support for RBY too? Because I was thinking of changing those events.
It already does support Ruby. Just script it like you would Fire Red (watch out though, some of the FR\LG commands don't exist for Ruby and vise versa)
Old October 3rd, 2010, 05:13 AM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
The dynamic labels in Gold are excellent! That was a great add-on.

Old November 12th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Carnivore Chie
A Total Meatatarian

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Carnivore Chie
Sorry, I'm new to this whole thing. Would someone be willing to tell me how to use this to have Oak give you the National Dex right at the start instead of the normal Poke'Dex? I've tried searching several offsets, but can't find what I need to change... not to mention how to change it. I'm using FireRed, if it helps.

Never mind, I figured something out.

Last edited by Carnivore Chie; November 12th, 2010 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 24th, 2010, 03:11 PM
silverblock
Beginning Trainer

When I open AssociateShell it says "ERROR: access is denied"
what should I do? Cuz I really wanna edit!
Old December 6th, 2010, 06:08 PM
arcanate
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblock View Post
When I open AssociateShell it says "ERROR: access is denied"
what should I do? Cuz I really wanna edit!
try running it as an adminastrator
Old December 7th, 2010, 03:52 AM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alignment View Post
It already does support Ruby. Just script it like you would Fire Red (watch out though, some of the FR\LG commands don't exist for Ruby and vise versa)
I don't think you understood the question that was asked.
RBY doesn't stand for Ruby, it stands for Red Blue Yellow, the first 3 internationally released Pokemon Games.
Hope that clarified things a bit.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:30 AM
KidMartian
Dragon Trainer

How do you put scripts together? for example, can you do a give pokemon script and then a give item script all in the same script.?

Pokemon Hacking Team Chaos looking for members!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239339 is where the thread is!
Old December 28th, 2010, 09:12 AM
miksy91

I found a minor bug with this tool.

As you (score_under) probably know, winlosstext command (63 XX YY 00 00) is used to point to the text data after a battle is won (where the pointer is XX YY).

In my hack, event data of a house in New Bark Town is in Bank 60.
In that house, there is a person, and in the beginning of the script of that person, a 3-byte pointer points to Bank 13. In the script, the person tells you something and afterwards, a trainer battle starts.

When "winlosstext" command is used, the editor tells you that the text shown, after the battle, is loaded from Bank 13 although the game still loads the text in the same bank where the event data is located (Bank 60).
In this situation, I made the game load text, after the battle, at offset 0x182D7F by just having 7F 6D as the pointer (the editor will still show the text is load at offset 0x4ED7F but whatever...)

It doesn't matter to me anymore because I know how to get along with it but I just thought you might wanna fix it

Oh, and the game I'm hacking is Pokemon Silver (if it really matters).
Scripting commands in Gold and Silver should be the same, Crystal is a little different nevertheless.

Hacks I support

Last edited by miksy91; December 28th, 2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old January 12th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Rayce
Nooo0000OOB

Nature: Impish
I just downloaded this and it is working great. My computer was having trouble with some of the other scripting programs, but this one opens just fine.
I see very few things left to improve without attempting to make to make it built for stupid people(And that defeats the point of the overly hard to understand world of scripting)

I just downloaded this and it is working great. My computer was having trouble with some of the other scripting programs, but this one opens just fine.
I see very few things left to improve without attempting to make to make it built for stupid people(And that defeats the point of the overly hard to understand world of scripting)

Last edited by Rayce; January 12th, 2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 24th, 2011, 02:19 AM
ゼクロム
こんにちは!

Download it. Thanks! look really simple, especially the guide.
Old February 1st, 2011, 04:06 PM
Milloe
Beginning Trainer

The script editor seems to work great, but I have a different issue... the setting for Advance Map to select this as the script editor... it's not there... in A-Map's settings menu. Is it the version of A-Map I'm using? No one else seemed to have this issue so I'm not sure what to do... how do I add a script to the game without setting it as the script editor in advance map? I tried copy/pasting the offset into a persons script offset in advance map, but nothing happened. They didn't say what they used to say, nor did they say anything new, nor did the game freeze. It was like they weren't there at all. Help? =/
Old February 19th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Clasko67
Professional Trecaur

Nature: Timid
I can't understand this script, help please? I'm new to Pokemon Hacking and I only know how to use Advance Map 1.92 but I don't know how to edit script. Thanks.

gif" border="0"><br>Click here to feed me a fruit!</a><br><a href="http://www.dinomon.com">Get your own at Dinomon!</a>
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:39 AM
Bankaiglade
Rainbow Trainer

Yeah,I downloaded The version of Pksv on The FIRST page and i can get it to open but when i restart my computer....I go on to winrar, and try to open it...And it will not open! Also,I dont get scripting very much so can someone help with these two problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clasko67 View Post
I can't understand this script, help please? I'm new to Pokemon Hacking and I only know how to use Advance Map 1.92 but I don't know how to edit script. Thanks.
Yeah Me too....and is ur advanced map the newest version? I dont even know if mine is....

Last edited by Bankaiglade; February 21st, 2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 21st, 2011, 02:07 PM
itari
Community Supporter

So, I compiled a script in Pokemon Gold, but how would I find it to put in JohtoMap? (The number)

SubscriptAdvanced SongType Effectiveness EditorTilemap CreatorPython IPS Patcher
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:22 AM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentgeo View Post
So, I compiled a script in Pokemon Gold, but how would I find it to put in JohtoMap? (The number)
Uhh, what do you mean exactly ?
What I do is that, I first change the script pointer of the wanted event to a blank space (with JohtoMap) and from there, possibly repoint the rest of the script somewhere else (by writing a 3-byte pointer to another bank with a hex editor) and "store" that offset to my head.

Then, put for example byte "90" in the offset where you pointed the start of your script (which is used to end a normal script) and finally load the script normally with PKSV from the offset where the byte "90" is located (that way, it won't show "2call 0x0000... which is practically what "00 00 00" does).

Hacks I support

Old February 25th, 2011, 12:20 PM
itari
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
Uhh, what do you mean exactly ?
What I do is that, I first change the script pointer of the wanted event to a blank space (with JohtoMap) and from there, possibly repoint the rest of the script somewhere else (by writing a 3-byte pointer to another bank with a hex editor) and "store" that offset to my head.

Then, put for example byte "90" in the offset where you pointed the start of your script (which is used to end a normal script) and finally load the script normally with PKSV from the offset where the byte "90" is located (that way, it won't show "2call 0x0000... which is practically what "00 00 00" does).
Well, that's not exactly what I mean. In JohtoMap, there is a thing called "script number." What I need is how to call a new script from it.

SubscriptAdvanced SongType Effectiveness EditorTilemap CreatorPython IPS Patcher
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:39 PM
miksy91

Do you mean the four digits that are stored in this box: "Script: XXYY" ?
In case you do, read the GB/C Pointer Tutorial that's linked to my signature.
The four digits are a two-byte pointer and define the offset of the script.

Hacks I support

Old February 27th, 2011, 08:08 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
what program was used to make this

Sponsored Links

Advertise here