Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Round Table
Reload this Page Is Bigfoot real

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Round Table Have a seat at the Round Table for in-depth discussions, extended or serious conversations, and current events. From world news to talks on life, growing up, relationships, and issues in society, this is the place to be. Come be a knight.

View Poll Results: is bigfoot real
yes 10 41.67%
no 14 58.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 7th, 2007 (02:33 PM).
Banned

lets ponder on for days and days

personly i think hes real because of the patterson video and even holiwoods best costume designers could not remake a costume to look as real as that
Old December 7th, 2007 (02:36 PM).
by fire be P U R G E D
Gold Tier

Nature: Naughty
He may have been real once upon a time but personally, I think he's either made up or extinct. All these pictures are from the era when cameras sucked. Now when we can take pics in Hi-def and what not, no one seems to be finding Big Foot.

Monotype Fire Challenge
Old December 7th, 2007 (02:38 PM).
Banned

the patterson video may not be hi def buts its pretty convincing
Old December 7th, 2007 (02:55 PM).
光るブラッキー
Silver Tier

It might have existed, but not now. Don't you think they would find it easily with all the stuff there is now, such as satellites? It's easier to find than a ghost or an alien, at least. >_>

Old December 7th, 2007 (02:56 PM).

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by kokyuio:
personly i think hes real because of the patterson video and even holiwoods best costume designers could not remake a costume to look as real as that
What the hell? you mean
It depends on your concept of 'real' - the quality is awful it's probably a guy in a monkey costume.. =/

It's about as convincing as a bad quality Dr Who villain. If he is around then he's lived well over centuries then how? Does it have a mate? If not why hasn't his primate like hair changed colour? There is a massive lack of evidence.

It can't be an evolved species because there are no primates living in North America. Giving the history of hoaxes, false claims and illogical arguments, I firmly believe that Bigfoot doesn't exist

=/
Old December 7th, 2007 (02:59 PM). Edited December 7th, 2007 by Forest Grovyle.
Banned

you can believe that but i still believe its real

p.s. shiny umbreon r u allowed to post youtube links i wanna sow you some gd bigfoot clips

Quote originally posted by jwilso72:
What the hell? you mean
It depends on your concept of 'real' - the quality is awful it could be a guy in a monkey costume.. =/

It's about as convincing as a bad quality Dr Who villain. If he is around then he's lived well over centuries then how? Does it have a mate? If not why hasn't his primate like hair changed colour? There is a massive lack of evidence.

It can't be an evolved species because there are no primates living in North America. Giving the history of hoaxes, false claims and illogical arguments, I firmly believe that Bigfoot doesn't exist
MONKEY costumes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holywoods best costume designers could not make a costume nowhere near as good as tht and dont say they could because they already treid and failed
Old December 7th, 2007 (03:00 PM).
ヽ(⌐▨_▨)ノ♪♬
ModeratorCSEO

Nature: Brave
Well... it's hard not to believe in it o.o'

People fins like... proof and... stuff that he's out there. I personally don't care at all, but people have found some suspicious things that could have been stages, but It would have been hard to do it >>

avatar by FAIRY • paired with SYN
Moderator of ANIME & MANGAMyAnimeList
Old December 7th, 2007 (03:04 PM).
The Freshmaker!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
I don't believe that Bigfoot is real.
It was a good prank though.

I do believe in the Yeti though.

/ / ////
Old December 7th, 2007 (03:05 PM).

MONKEY costumes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holywoods best costume designers could not make a costume nowhere near as good as tht and dont say they could because they already treid and failed
Source please... lets not throw around random statements and pretend they're facts.. As good as that? you can make out no detail whatsoever! =/

Also King Kong costume 1962, a guy in monkey suit:

Thats 5yrs before and if you think that video is 'real', don't watch Godzilla XD

=/
Old December 7th, 2007 (03:06 PM). Edited December 7th, 2007 by kokyuio.
Banned

Quote originally posted by Chibi-chan:
I don't believe that Bigfoot is real.
It was a good prank though.

I do believe in the Yeti though.

bigfoot,yeti,loch ness monster and the beast of bobmim more i belive in them all

jwilso you think youre funny but im gonna wipe tht smile off your face but am i aloud to post youtube links here??????
Old December 7th, 2007 (03:11 PM).

bigfoot,yeti,loch ness monster and the beast of bobmim more i belive in them all

jwilso you think youre funny but im gonna wipe tht smile off your face but am i aloud to post youtube links here??????
4 age old stories/ crypto animals - with associated hoaxes for all of them, lack of reliable evidence or a logical reason at least. Could you at least explain why you believe them?

Yep, I'm the comedian of the website it would seem. Wipe my smile and every other skeptics smile away with your lack of proof. ^_^

=/
Old December 7th, 2007 (03:14 PM).
The Freshmaker!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild

You're allowed to post appropriate Youtube links D:

Loch Ness...I'm sorta doubting. These things are fun to think about, but obsessing, like obsessing always is, isn't what myths are made for. I don't think people should dedicate their lives to find the Loch Ness and Bigfoot and yadda yadda.

/ / ////
Old December 7th, 2007 (03:15 PM). Edited December 7th, 2007 by kokyuio.
Banned

just watch this

HTML Code:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YktEWmLVTvM&feature=related
p.s. i have more dont think im finshed!!!!!!!!!!

(ps its in html so you can read the whole thing)
Old December 7th, 2007 (03:21 PM).
Rocket's Revenge

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Erimgard
I'll check out the vid later, not really in the mood right now
But I voted no, I don't believe in bigfoot

Temple of Theorizing: A great online community to discuss the mysteries of the Zelda series
Old December 7th, 2007 (03:24 PM).
Banned

you voted you dont believe and you havent even seen tht one
Old December 7th, 2007 (03:29 PM).
Rocket's Revenge

you voted you dont believe and you havent even seen tht one
Alright I watched it
I've seen it before. It doesn't really do much to change my mind. It's possible that they exist...but I doubt it. It doesn't change my vote

Temple of Theorizing: A great online community to discuss the mysteries of the Zelda series
Old December 7th, 2007 (03:31 PM). Edited December 7th, 2007 by kokyuio.
Banned

ok youre title to your opion im gonna post another vid soon

my last vid i gotta go but just watch it!!

HTML Code:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-4y5q31y6XA&feature=related
Old December 7th, 2007 (03:45 PM).
Rocket's Revenge

that video didn't look realistic at all

Old December 7th, 2007 (03:49 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Big Foot, Nessie, dragons, they're all myths to my opinion, for they need hard proof for all the people in the face of the planet to believe. I'm with Erimgard, though.

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old December 7th, 2007 (04:05 PM).

In response to your first video: lack of things to disprove it does not act as 'evidence' of it's existence. So what if a costume has never been found? Well obviously the owner hid it :S
or the true owner never admitted to it either.
Also what's the reliability of the information on the video? totally unreliable. There is no source saying that 'Hollywood couldn't make a good monkey costume' elsewhere... It seems like some sort of Bigfoot believer propaganda.
Making a costume is like making a complex sculpture, for a perfect replica would also be difficult.

The second one... WHAT THE!?! HAVE YOU SEEN THE POSTER'S OTHER VIDEO? He finds the 'shot bigfoot'- which ironically he films and a nice clean Chewbacca costume is clearly evident. Besides it looks completely different from the PG vid (video 1 did say that a costume would be hard to copy after all). Also the dimensions are colour differ to PGs.
Sorry, but if you think all the videos on Youtube are true because they say they are and they acts as 'evidence'.. then you are very, very ignorant.

=/
Old December 7th, 2007 (04:50 PM).
The Ghetto Soulja Boi

Lol, all right, any of you people actually seen BigFoot? because I have and he's not that bad. I seen him walking in my back yard and I'm a national forest I have been in and I'm not scared and not cloyster enough to touch it. SO! on that note, BigFoot is really real.
Proud Leader of "The Legion Clan"

[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Old December 7th, 2007 (06:50 PM).
pls stop talking to me
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
I'm not sure. I'm leaning towards yes because the character isn't too exaggurated but I have no proof ><;
Old December 8th, 2007 (03:22 AM). Edited December 8th, 2007 by kokyuio.
Banned

Quote originally posted by jwilso72:
In response to your first video: lack of things to disprove it does not act as 'evidence' of it's existence. So what if a costume has never been found? Well obviously the owner hid it
or the true owner never admitted to it either.
Also what's the reliability of the information on the video? totally unreliable. There is no source saying that 'Hollywood couldn't make a good monkey costume' elsewhere... It seems like some sort of Bigfoot believer propaganda.
Making a costume is like making a complex sculpture, for a perfect replica would also be difficult.

The second one... WHAT THE!?! HAVE YOU SEEN THE POSTER'S OTHER VIDEO? He finds the 'shot bigfoot'- which ironically he films and a nice clean Chewbacca costume is clearly evident. Besides it looks completely different from the PG vid (video 1 did say that a costume would be hard to copy after all). Also the dimensions are colour differ to PGs.
Sorry, but if you think all the videos on Youtube are true because they say they are and they acts as 'evidence'.. then you are very, very ignorant.
if you dont think the first video is a bunch of lies search up bbcs 1998 recreation of bigfoot thats the video in which all the money was spent

Old December 8th, 2007 (05:20 AM). Edited December 8th, 2007 by Jaimes.

if you dont think the first video is a bunch of lies search up bbcs 1998 recreation of bigfoot thats the video in which all the money was spent

Actually yes, the statement about 'Hollywood couldn't make a good suit' is false. The 1960's Planet of the Apes & King Kong vs Godvilla clearly show that. Also the detail & quality is much better of a film on a screen than from a shaken up, slowed down hand camera. Just because you reminded me of the 1 single example that video showed, it's far from convincing. =/

Evidently the one who is not smart is you, because it seems if anthing, YOU failed to read the whole article yourself.
  • It points out that the programme is aimed as entertainment not, as evidence.
  • If you read the article, it claims that the BBC suit WAS a monkey costume, not provided by the BBC. The investigation was to compare movements, the camera type, speed and blur which matched the PGs. It was not to create an identical. ¬_¬
If anything the article simply plays doubt on a TV show aimed to capture audiences. ....So how is this proof for Bigfoot? It's not.
Also this page is a fan-site and lacks any credible sources. >_>

Since we're on terms of showing each other links that we can Google as evidence, then why not read Wikipedia's article, which is unbiased and DOES cite respectable sources - only if 'you want to be smart' that is. Evidently the facts cast doubt on the PG film.

Rather than copying + pasting a link to the next biased website, why not type out and explain your points? I'm getting bored of reading the awful 'evidence' you're repeatedly presenting. ^_^

=/
Old December 8th, 2007 (05:32 AM).

Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Bigfoot cant be alive now,

if he exised in the first place he would be dead by now.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links