The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:54 PM
ShadowMrk
The Ghost

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Yeah, I've already got the wanted poster system up and running. As for editting Wild Pokemon during runtime, there's two possible ways to do this:
1. As you load a map (via entering it) the game would jump to an ASM routine which would edit the wild Pokemon's data according to your own.

2. When you enter a wild battle, the Wild Pokemon's data would be editted at that time.

I'm gonna go with the first one because getting the second one to work without messing up Trainer pokemon would be frustrating.
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:51 PM
montyb
Beginning Trainer

As long as you can do it, then it's a great idea. I'd be willing to play that.
Old March 6th, 2011, 11:02 AM
~Zetsubou~
Hacker ~In Training~

Nature: Timid
This hack idea is based of the game half-life 2 (I don't want to make stupid references, but a completely different plot)

Rough sketch: The world has been taken over by the combine and they use pokemon as their slaves for various jobs. Actually having a pokemon is a sign of rebellion towards the combine, and it can get you killed.

You're living in City 11 (That's how every city will be numbered) and (at some point) will join the rebels and get a pokemon. Then your goal is to get to city 01 and...
(I dunno, i told you it was a rough sketch)

Don't think i will put things like zombies in, just the general theme. And i will have to give the combine pokemon, which is kinda silly.

I dunno, what do you think?

(I made a thread with this, and i will delete it asap)
Old March 13th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Gars129
Is now focused on other things

I have a new idea.

The story is set on in the 16th century, in a new island region. At the beginning, you can choose to be either a native aboriginal of the region, or a conquistador. Depending on which you choose, the storyline changes completely.

As a native, several people in the village fall ill to a mysterious illness, and you have to go on a journey to a nearby town in search of a medicine. Along the way, you encounter the conquistadors, who try to convince you to join them and be part of their way of life and convince other natives to join this new, more advanced, way of life. You refuse, and then discover that some of the villages have become Large towns run by the conquistador, and many of the natives are being converted to the conquistadors way of life. Being offended by what is happening, you decide to travel the entire island and convince the natives to rebel against the Conquistadors and their way of life.

If you choose to be a Conquistador, your mission is to travel the entire island and develop it, despite the opposition of some natives and the support of others.

[IMG]http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/cards/wqz8wnx8.png[/IMG]
Click here to level up my card![/url]

Diamond FC 3522 8541 4119
Old March 19th, 2011, 04:32 AM
kringlur
Velkominn í heim POKéMON!

Nature: Hasty
Police (Officer Jenny) version: RBY hack

The starter would be Growlithe because almost every Officer Jenny has one. I liked the idea of making Growlithe follow her around like Pikachu in Yellow, but I haven't been able to find out how I could make that possible. If I have to use Red or Blue, what should the other starters be?

Sprite:

More ideas:
- mystery game, has to go solve crimes and check out stuff ("checking out why pokemon are acting weirdly in places")
- mini events, has to escape from Brock's advances (if girl-only game?)
- collaborates with route guard(?) to try and wake Snorlax to clear path?
- flooded town, quest to find surf/build bridge/etc. so you can get to a stranded pokécenter and make sure everyone is okay
- lost ditto, owner is worried, go for a search
- hears of a fire, goes to help fight it but by the time the town is reached the fire is already put out and the town is damaged. Includes Squirtle squad? Has to round up squirtle squad members then go to the town?
- Officer gets a motorcycle instead of a bike
- following rumors from town to town, and getting tested at police stations instead of gyms (although gyms would still be around) to get badges. The badges would be "police stars"?
- Game has new music

Ideas from others:
miksy91: In the beginning of the game, you live in a town/city and see a child being kidnapped by criminals (not team rocket stuff but something like it) and begin a quest to follow them somewhere. Eventually, you would have to fight some gang that those criminals belong to and do those mini-games on the way.

aperso: try to include the squirtle squad :\ and some cases you could include the red and blue hero/heroine :\ maybe someone could be her rival another office jenny/nurse joy maybe even brock

Original thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6520072

Rocket grunt game; Yellow hack

Meowth would be your starter and follow you around like Pikachu does in yellow. You would work at all the Rocket events that show up in the original game. The male player in the original would be your rival and show up in the same spots that you encounter each other originally, but his rival (Gary Oak, or whatever you like to call him) would also be your enemy and would always show up first.

Peoples' dialogue would be changed because no one likes Team Rocket. Towns would be mostly unchanged and you could still get gym badges. Your home base would be Giovanni's gym so you would still start out in a "beginner area". You would start in the gym because Giovanni is just leaving it, and giving you orders for what to do while he's gone, or something. Instead of doing stuff like helping people to get HMs, you'd battle them and take them by force.

Misc. ideas:
- Make an event out of slowpoke tails
- You're the one who asks Red if he wants to join Team Rocket
- Make dialogue so Team Rocket seems a bit more evil than in the original games (not swearing, just references to other evil things they're doing)
- Actual home base could be in the game corner?
- After you complete a mission for your Boss he could give you a gym badge
- Random event: intercepted by Officer Jenny
- Change the "don't steal!" when you try to take someone's pokemon to "trainer gets in the way and blocks the ball"
- Tricks, like NPCs lying about what they're selling
- Grunt tries to break into lab to steal fossils, intercepted by officer jenny

Would it be easier to change pikachu to meowth, edit events, etc. in Yellow or to remap Fire Red to make it look and sound like Yellow, and just use Fire Red's tools?

Original thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=244636

Last edited by kringlur; March 19th, 2011 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 19th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Kensei
Beginning Trainer

I'm still in the idea phase. I've been deciding whether to have it in a past setting or not. The timeline compared to that of the regular Pokeuniverse is irrelevant; I'm introducing a Pokemon multiverse in the game. Currently I am throwing around several titles right now Pokemon: Tranquility & Cloudburst and Echo & Memory are the better working titles. I cannot decide until the game's plot becomes set in stone. Then the names will come to me.

Anyhow the games work like Digimon: Dawn & Dusk (from what little I played) in that each game represents either side of the same story; one being evil and the other being good.

This wouldn't be a copy of a game but a new one. The setting right now is a pseudo-past timeframe on a supercontinent called Pangaea. It is fairly modern in that the region is at the same technological scale as the Pokemon games we know and love. There are many differences however; fossil pokemon aren’t fossil pokemon at all but are rather abundant in the wild. Acorns are used to make all pokeballs, including a slightly modified regular pokeball made from just normal acorns. Stuff like that.

Gym leader themes consist of Viking (Ice), Caribbean (Water), African (Ground), Ancient Egyptian (Ghost), etc. Not all of the Pokemon have to be based around their religions because that might become tedious to mix and match properly after a while.

There is no leading Pokemon professor; he went insane a few years ago and disappeared. He happens to be your father. Your mother is the Pokemon Champion. That your mother in these games never takes a strong role is bullcrap. If you’re at all destined to be a Pokemon master I bet good money you come from talented, albeit possibly insane, genetics.

Most of the pokemon in the game would be from the regular pokedex. This would include B&W pokemon if possible. Though it would include many pokemon from all generations it would not include all pokemon from all generations. I was thinking of keeping the total at 200. There will be however, included in the 200, fakemon. There will be 3 custom legendaries; one for each game and one for both games, and the eeveelutions. In addition to those I would rather enjoy a few fakemon for dual types that are still missing; i.e. Fighting/Ghost, Fire/Water, etc.

If you don’t like Eevee, the perhaps you shouldn’t read on.

One of the main working concepts for the game is in fact about Eevee. There will be the eeveelutions for the remainder of the types not yet featuring one. Though this idea isn't new I've tried to tie it into the story while still being believable and innovative. The premise, corny as it is, is that the Eevees are the angels to Arceus’ God. Though this fact is not yet known, the eevee were, up until the game begins, plentiful and they are loved by everyone; eeveelutions included. For instance many gym leaders and members of the elite four will probably have one corresponding Eevee to their type on their teams. The Pokemon Champion’s team in fact consists of all Eevees. Your first pokemon? Male Eevee. Halfway through your journey before you battle the Elite Four, what do you get? Female Eevee. Eevee will not be found in the wild to enforce breeding regulations on your Eevee and for plot reasons. After the main game is complete that will change. Eevee.

Okay so gather round the campire kids. This is the rough plot t hough I cut myself off from having it be longer than it already is.

14 years ago Groudon and Kyogre enganged in a fierce battle resulting in a landmass breaking off of Pangaea. Before more destruction could be delivered a renowned pokemon scientist and the pokemon league champion were able to summon down Rayquaza and stop the battle. Respectively, the scientist was a man and the pokemon champion was a woman and naturally this event brought them close. They married and the champion became pregnant.

During the pregnancy the scientist found a strange book and began searching into crazy occult references and making connections with Pokemon. His lifestyle became a bizarre parody of what it had been and eventually he seemed to have snapped entirely. When the champion gave birth, her husband snatched what he thought was his only child and left. He had been too buried in his seemingly inane nonsense to ever become aware that his wife was having twins.

Game A

So the mother raised a boy, the main character for “Game A” and taught you everything you know about pokemon. It is your 14th birthday and it is time to go on your own pokemon journey and follow your own path to victory. You’re given an Eevee by your Eevee champion of a mom and sent on your way to be a pokemon trainer. The first gym leader has a family that lives next door with a daughter your age. She had her birthday a week before but was forced to wait so that you could both start your journeys on the same day. She seems angry about it and more than a little stubborn. Of course she totally digs you and is hiding like it all anime girls; through her obnoxious attitude. She was given a Tyrogue by her dad who was in town to see you off and to show you how to catch pokemon. You battle your rival. Her evolution depends on your win-loss ratio like Gary's Eevee in Yellow.

Her father than gives you both a few pokeballs after your battle and lesson, then leaves to prepare for your arrival in his own city at the gym. It is located one town away from your own. Your mother gives you instructions to achieve the pokedex app for your phone with a burgeoning but nervous scientist in the second town. She tells you that the old woman that lives in your town that you always pester is in fact a retired pokemon nurse. She can heal your pokemon if they get injured too badly. So catch and raise your own pokemon battling wild pokemon and trainers to get to the second town.

You arrive in the town and your ally brings you to the scientist’s house where you meet him. He heals your pokemon and installs the app on your phones. He tells you about it and begins to describe the mysterious Eevee disappearance when two members of a mysterious cult break in!

Game B

Your father used to be a world renowned pokemon professor. With your mother he helped save the world and limited collateral damage to a minimum. He doesn’t really talk about those days though. He doesn’t really talk to you at all except to speak of prophecies and to order you around. He leads a cult now, a cult dedicated to stealing all of the Eevees they can get. The reason is mysterious at first and even you aren’t privy to the information. The cult does not mind stealing other strong pokemon if it helps in their plans. You begin at an undisclosed location. There is just a large house and a small backyard with grass. It is raining.

You are the main character for “Game B” and you are a girl, proud of your identity but confused. Your father sees you as a disappointment. He found out that you were a twin of a boy. A boy lost to him, his rightful heir. Making do, he has made you study about pokemon your entire life and now he is sending you on your own journey. You must battle the gym leaders like everyone else, you must fight your way to the elite four and then if you beat your mother you might become worthy of your father’s love. In short he is a manipulative a-hole like Ikari Gendo. But he does give you an Eevee and an errand, then he leaves. Before you depart for the errand one of the elite cult members teaches you how to capture pokemon and gives you a few pokeballs. Capture a few pokemon from the grass or not, and raise whichever pokemon you wish. When you think you’re ready to depart tell the cult bishop who is also able to heal your pokemon.

You follow another new member of the cult to a small town nearby the first gym leader’s city. You bust into the town and try to capture the nervous scientist’s pokedex app. You enter the scientist’s home only to discover to young trainers already at the scene…

If you are interested at all hit me up with a private message. I have loads of this nonsense. What I'm looking for is forward thinking programmers, sprite designers, mappers, and every other niche involved in the production of this game. I will be immersing into the various tutorials as I am new to this. However with the addition of the experience I have to accrue this will undoubtedly take some time. I ask again for any experienced help available to get the ball rolling sooner.

Thanks for reading, skimming, or snubbing your nose. Let me know what you think and remember nothing is carved in granite. I will take any reasonable ideas into consideration for both plot and the game play itself.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit.”

Miyamoto Musashi

Old March 25th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Pink Typholsion
When I step outside... ♥

Nature: Relaxed
Pokemon: Frozen Magma

I've been wanting to start a hack, but once I try to start one I can never get a scripter to help. So now it's time to change. I want to start a new hack, hopefully I can get someone to pull me along the road (a Co- Owner of sorts).

Here's the info + Storyline:

Spoiler:
Rom-Base: Any

Main Legend (s):
All Regis (Regirock, Registeel, Regice all have a feud)

Storyline:
The Raluqe (Rawl-ooo-unique) (reverted from Eqular, which is a combo of Equator and polar) region, a island where Tropical norths, meet Arctic souths, but you live in a special place in Raluqe. You live in Tihalo City, the most famous port in Raluqe, and is also home to Prof. Palm. You love the city life, but it get boring at times... as you've always wanted to leave home. Your Mom never wanted you to leave, but your Dad also wanted to become a Pokemon Master and is living his dream though you. So one day without your Mom knowing, you and your Dad leave to go to Palm's Lab to get started on a journey. While on your journey you discover why, and how the Raluqe region was created, and why you were the one chosen to know.

Features:
All 386 Pokemon Available in one way or another.
Day and Night (maybe)
New tiles (if I can get people )
Explore, and discover the Raluqe Region
MANY after game quests, the Scarlet Archipelago, and the Black Mountain Range (crazy places to explore!!!!)
New League (8 Gyms, 2 Dojos, Elite Five, and TWIN Champions)
Team ??? has their eye set out for the reason why you were chosen
Will have twists and turns, and will have you double take
Finally the police will have a appearance in the game as well as secret agents and all.

If you seem like you'd be able to help me carry this BIG package, please PM me and we can get started.

Last edited by Pink Typholsion; March 25th, 2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old March 27th, 2011, 08:20 AM
kringlur
Velkominn í heim POKéMON!

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Typholsion View Post
Pokemon: Frozen Magma

I've been wanting to start a hack, but once I try to start one I can never get a scripter to help. So now it's time to change. I want to start a new hack, hopefully I can get someone to pull me along the road (a Co- Owner of sorts).

Here's the info + Storyline:

Spoiler:
Rom-Base: Any

Main Legend (s):
All Regis (Regirock, Registeel, Regice all have a feud)

Storyline:
The Raluqe (Rawl-ooo-unique) (reverted from Eqular, which is a combo of Equator and polar) region, a island where Tropical norths, meet Arctic souths, but you live in a special place in Raluqe. You live in Tihalo City, the most famous port in Raluqe, and is also home to Prof. Palm. You love the city life, but it get boring at times... as you've always wanted to leave home. Your Mom never wanted you to leave, but your Dad also wanted to become a Pokemon Master and is living his dream though you. So one day without your Mom knowing, you and your Dad leave to go to Palm's Lab to get started on a journey. While on your journey you discover why, and how the Raluqe region was created, and why you were the one chosen to know.

Features:
All 386 Pokemon Available in one way or another.
Day and Night (maybe)
New tiles (if I can get people )
Explore, and discover the Raluqe Region
MANY after game quests, the Scarlet Archipelago, and the Black Mountain Range (crazy places to explore!!!!)
New League (8 Gyms, 2 Dojos, Elite Five, and TWIN Champions)
Team ??? has their eye set out for the reason why you were chosen
Will have twists and turns, and will have you double take
Finally the police will have a appearance in the game as well as secret agents and all.

If you seem like you'd be able to help me carry this BIG package, please PM me and we can get started.
"a island where Tropical norths, meet Arctic souths" - What does this mean, exactly? Half the island being in the Arctic circle and the other half being warm and tropic?

I think it's weird for a dad to help their son basically run away from home, without getting their mom's approval or even knowledge of it.

Also since you seem to be looking for a team instead of story help you should probably be posting in the team recruitment area.
Old March 29th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

I've been working on this one for a while, but lack the skills to turn it into a game.
critique please

Spoiler:

Introduction

Well, this is an idea I've had for a while, incorporating Celebi as the main legendary. I've always loved Pokemon games, but always thought they've had not much in the story department. I'm trying to develop a game which has a gripping storyline, and create more depth to characters, places, and the like.
If this idea gets good feedback, I may try to learn RMXP and organize a team to create this game to the highest standards.

Story

You're traveling to the Professor's lab, where your about to receive your first Pokemon. You pass a cave, but a traveler in odd clothing steals your bag and escapes into the cave. Following him, you realize you entered Celebi's Shrine, and you have awoken a sleeping fairy. The Professor enters the cave, searching for you, just as an agitated Celebi sends both you and the Professor back in time.
You and the Professor end up in the past. But unbeknown to you and the Professor, this was no accident.

How do you return to your own time?
Why did Celebi transport you back in time?
Who was that mysterious thief?
The story is set in the future, so when you travel back in time everything will look pretty modern.

Features

I want to create features that enhance the game, without jeopardizing the nostalgic Pokemon feeling.

○ Two timezones
○ Engaging storyline
○ Less grinding time
○ Fakemon
○ New Region
○ 16 Gyms
○ Minigames
○ New Trainers
○ Enticing New Maps

Map

I don't have an actual map, but I do have plans for cities. I have an inspiration to model the cities from major tourist attractions and famous places around the world. So, for example, one city may have a landmark similar to the Eiffel Tower, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Pyramids, or even Uluru. Some towns will also be based on various festivals, like a circus and a renaissance fair. The towns will also be available in both past and present, the differences will be obvious.
I currently don't have names, but will produce some eventually.

Gym Leaders

The Gym Leaders from the past are all different from the ones that are in the future. The Gym Leaders will specialize in a certain type. Gym Leaders may sometimes add certain tasks or quests to be finished before being allowed to battle.
Gym Leaders will also have a part to play in their city, so Gym Leaders are very respected.

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old March 31st, 2011, 11:11 AM
AmatuerHacker
Beginning Trainer

Well i've being thinking of a plot for a few months now and I want to know if it appeals to anyone else (I would have made a thread in the beginners lounge but you can't anymore) Anyways, back to the main point!
This game WILL be a hack of pokemon gold (purely because the storyline consist of two parts and takes you into two regions)
Storyline:
Spoiler:
You are a typical teenage boy, attending the local school. However you are seen as an outcast of society, living on the fringes and the occasional "hello" from your peers. If the kids got to know you, they'd realise that your just a very normal boy, however the reason that they don't like you is because of your family's issues. You see, this "living on the fringe of society" seems to be a family tradition where you recieve constant abuse at school, then once their son was born you move far away. The reason that this has happened is because your great-great grandfather has changed the way the entire region lives... Approximately 160 years ago your great-great grandfather created the evil organisation of the region (the worlds first gang) as back then evolving pokemon was a lot more difficult than today due to the lack of pokemon research, your grandfather's goal was to find out a way in which he could speed up pokemon evolution. In order to do this he knew he must create some sort of machine to do this, to do this he knew he would need some help. So three days of planning your grandfather made an advert to draw intelligent people such as scientists into his group. Once they arrived your grandfather told the scientists his plan and if they agreed it would form a new gang. Unfortunately they all agreed, which has created the team that roams the region today, team nitrous. As mentioned before your father moved away after his son was born (this is you) and the only way you contact him is through letters. He knows that your graduation day is coming up so he decides to send you a letter explaining how he wants you to: "gain a pokemon from the local professor, take the gym leader challenge and win, after the gyms there "should be" another letter at home telling you about the cave "victory road" after venturing through this cave is the pokemon league... After beating the pokemon league this should be enough to clear the family name if not my region isn't so far away and i'll pay the boat fares, you could take my region on. That should definately show these hypocrites that not all our family is bad!" You decide to take your father's challenge waking up nice and early so that you get wide variety in pokemon available. For a bit the game is like any other pokemon game. (till roughly around 8th badge time, maybe sooner) when your grandfathers employees decide to frame you as a new team nitrous member! You decide to go undercover and bring the team down from inside its own foundation!
this is all i have at the moment; I'm still wondering which idea will be better: Going to your fathers region and fighting his regions gyms or whether you should go back in time and prevent your grandfather from creating team nitrous (i think the second idea is better)
Old April 3rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
The Noob Hacker
Praise the sun.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmatuerHacker View Post
Well i've being thinking of a plot for a few months now and I want to know if it appeals to anyone else (I would have made a thread in the beginners lounge but you can't anymore) Anyways, back to the main point!
This game WILL be a hack of pokemon gold (purely because the storyline consist of two parts and takes you into two regions)
Storyline:
Spoiler:
You are a typical teenage boy, attending the local school. However you are seen as an outcast of society, living on the fringes and the occasional "hello" from your peers. If the kids got to know you, they'd realise that your just a very normal boy, however the reason that they don't like you is because of your family's issues. You see, this "living on the fringe of society" seems to be a family tradition where you recieve constant abuse at school, then once their son was born you move far away. The reason that this has happened is because your great-great grandfather has changed the way the entire region lives... Approximately 160 years ago your great-great grandfather created the evil organisation of the region (the worlds first gang) as back then evolving pokemon was a lot more difficult than today due to the lack of pokemon research, your grandfather's goal was to find out a way in which he could speed up pokemon evolution. In order to do this he knew he must create some sort of machine to do this, to do this he knew he would need some help. So three days of planning your grandfather made an advert to draw intelligent people such as scientists into his group. Once they arrived your grandfather told the scientists his plan and if they agreed it would form a new gang. Unfortunately they all agreed, which has created the team that roams the region today, team nitrous. As mentioned before your father moved away after his son was born (this is you) and the only way you contact him is through letters. He knows that your graduation day is coming up so he decides to send you a letter explaining how he wants you to: "gain a pokemon from the local professor, take the gym leader challenge and win, after the gyms there "should be" another letter at home telling you about the cave "victory road" after venturing through this cave is the pokemon league... After beating the pokemon league this should be enough to clear the family name if not my region isn't so far away and i'll pay the boat fares, you could take my region on. That should definately show these hypocrites that not all our family is bad!" You decide to take your father's challenge waking up nice and early so that you get wide variety in pokemon available. For a bit the game is like any other pokemon game. (till roughly around 8th badge time, maybe sooner) when your grandfathers employees decide to frame you as a new team nitrous member! You decide to go undercover and bring the team down from inside its own foundation!
this is all i have at the moment; I'm still wondering which idea will be better: Going to your fathers region and fighting his regions gyms or whether you should go back in time and prevent your grandfather from creating team nitrous (i think the second idea is better)
If I am not mistaken, you could do this in Fire Red. Because in Fire Red, there is the Sevii Isles, which have their own map, so in theory, you could use the Sevii Isles as as an alternate region. Also, use paragraphs more, it makes it easier to read.

Anyways, I, once more, have a couple ideas. I wonder how many times I've posted here....

1. (This one doesn't really have a name yet, I can't think of anything good. I think I might just go with a generic mineral or something. Tourmaline sounds good.)

So basically, you start as a child (somewhere between ages 11-13) in the seaside small town of -yet to be named-. It is currently summer vacation and recently one of your neighbors, Liam, left to go out and travel with his Pokemon. Now, as any kid your age, you wish to be like him and go on a journey. However, your parents, who believe that Pokemon battling is wrong, won't hear of it. Instead, they want to send you back to school, so that you may get an advanced education and get a "real job". This is something you are against. With the summer almost up, you don't have much time to convince them to let you leave.

So, as you do most days, you visit your friend who lives two doors over. He too, is subjected to the same fate as yourself. Yet he is not willing to except it. He is enraged that Liam may go where he pleases, yet he and you cannot. After a temper tantrum, he realizes there is nothing that can be done. So, you go outside and into the area surrounding the town, something that has become very familiar and dull.

However, today is different. The usual greenery is obstructed by an entire camp. As it appears, this camp is inhabited by scientists who have just arrived. They are there to investigate a local outbreak of rare Water Pokemon that aren't native to the region. After some searching, you and your friend are the first to find the Pokemon, also finding that you are easily able to befriend it. The scientists want to give you a reward for finding it and, seeing as how you were so easily able to befriend the Pokemon, offer you your choice of one of the Pokemon that they were planning to give to the Safari Zone on their return trip. Your friend, without giving you a say, accepts.

That would be when both yours and your friends parents show up. They, as expected, object to your receiving a Pokemon. However, seeing the rare Pokemon and how much it likes you, not to mention the scientists kind words, allows them to change their minds at last.

(I'll add some more later.)

Last edited by The Noob Hacker; April 3rd, 2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old April 5th, 2011, 03:30 AM
TRXO
PokeGames master

I have an idea for a game but don't know how to hack, so if anyone is interested send me a message:
You start the game at Pallet Town on the day you are supposed to choose your first pokemon between: Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander, but just as your about to make your choice, Team Rocket breaks into the lab of Professor Oak and the three escape through the hole in the wall. As you go outside and you see they almost hurt a wild Pidgey, you come to his aid and he helps you fight them off. As the battle is over you talk to Professor Oak and he says that you and Pidgey seem destined to each other and that he is your pokemon. As you go through the Kanto region, you eventually come across the escaped pokemon, and any pokemon is accessible, available to evolve withought trade or happiness, evolution stones are unlimitely obtainable and every pokemon of the Pokedex can be found wild, accept for too strong evolved forms and legendaries only in events.
That's the plot, so if anyone wants to try, send me a message.
TRXO
Old April 22nd, 2011, 01:43 PM
Gawerty
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
This is one of my more bored in school ideas but here it is :

You have 4 options at the beggining of the game johto, kanto, hoenn,sinnoh.
completely different storylines but heres the catch your either the johto rival whos name i do not know. the famous gary, the hoenn hotshot may, and the fast-walking blundering barry but also heres the catch you be the orginal rivals while ash, brandon, chris, the sinnoh original main character my biggest idea for this was what do your rivals do while your playing the game? well this is how we find out because while the original main character is playing the game you get to be the rivals and find out how they got to where they were today...
PM me for critisizm or comments and please do note that i do not know how to make a game at all so this is up for grabs if anyone wants it just put my name in it as the original creator.
Old April 27th, 2011, 01:07 PM
oh yea
ROM playa

You are Lance growing up, and your best childhood friend/rival is Giovanni (future leader of team rocket) Your goal is to become the pokemon champion and dragon master.
After beating the elite four he get word of Team Rocket and make your own organization to rival and ultimately beat them. This organization is called Dragon warriors (only thing i could come up with) and it would take place in Johto before Ash. The current pokemon master is Prof. oak and you meet some of the future elite fours on the way, them helping you and you helping them.

I know this is a work in progress and if I'm not to lazy to learn how to hack it may always be that way but if any one is interested its all yours
Old April 28th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Dark pokemon
Beginner Hacker

Nature: Calm
This is what I'm planning for my hack Pokemon Lost Legends (Emerald hack)

Spoiler:

Intoduction
ROM: Emerald
region: Noxic
Starters:Evee
Legendaries: Groundon , Kryogre , Raqyazau , Jirachi, Deoxyous, Dialga , Palkiam, Giritina, Heatran , Regigagas, Regis,, Latios/Latias, Darkrai , Shaymin, Arceus,

Storyline
You're in a whole new region (still have to come up with a name) and live in Seashore town. It is your tenth Birthday and its time for you to go on a POKEMON journey and become a master like your father. So you visit Prof.Ike who gives you an Evee since the region doesn't really have any initial starters. While on route 501 you run into a Legendary POKEMON (still haven't decided) after the legendary went away a mysterious guy in a black cloak and hooded so you couldn't see his face asks if you have seen the Legendary. After that he goes to follow the legendary. Once you reach Movac city you saw a guy in a lab coat getting attack by another guy in a black cloak. You battle him and you caught his name Lost. He reveals he is apart of an Evil organization called Organization Recovery and make a run for it. The guy in the lab coat thanks you and gives you a Pokedex and pokegear and tells you to fill the pokedex up but also investigate organization Recovery. Before you leave the town you meet another black cloak guy but he stops you. It was the guy after the Legendary POKEMON. He saw some connection between you and the Legendary POKEMON and he wants to battle you with his new caught POKEMON. After that he declares to become rivals and leaves.

What is this organization after?
Who is this rival?

Features
Day and Night System (maybe seasons)
All 386 Pokemon (I'm going to try to fit in the additional evolutions of Fourth Generation like electovire or Leafeon in this hack)
New Region
New Evil Team with a goal
Pokegear (Pokenav)

So thats it so far.

What do you think

Last edited by Dark pokemon; May 1st, 2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old April 30th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Arlen
I heart ROBOT

Nature: Adamant
This is a small idea I had for a new hack, because I've been absent from these forums for about a year now (I hacked on a different account).

My game is based prior to the first Pokemon movie, it involves the background of Mew and Mewtwo. The story follows Mew's eventual capture by Giovanni and the Scientists and the cloning of Mewtwo. It is set during a period where major discoveries about the Pokemon world are being made, the story of the Unknowns and many other Legendary Pokemon. A lot of scientific discoveries are being made. So really there is a lot of things to include in my storyline. Of course, I haven't developed it completely so there are still broad areas I haven't researched.

Here are some of the features I wish to implement:
- An old feeling to the game, kind of a rustic feel.
- A new custom Pokedex, what I mean by this is the region is composed of many different Pokemon from different regions.
- You aren't a ten year old, you are a mature teenager so the decisions you made are more modern world.
- The main enemies in this aren't Team Rocket, but the scientists from the first movie and also Giovanni.
- The region is based close to Kanto, but is obviously completely custom.
- The game will have a very professional clean feel.

What do you guys think?
Old May 26th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Alomar
Follow me on Twitter @Daubs

Nature: Lax
Has anyone remade Emerald on FireRed? I know it may sound stupid, but I was thinking about it and it'd be pretty cool in FireRed perspective.. plus having the Sevi's to add another region like Johto/Kanto or Orre after the E4.

And sure you could just edit the tilesets and OW's etc in Emerald, but I think it'd be cool to re-script the game + extras on FireRed. Any support? I've been wanting to do this for a while, but i'm not sure.

Last edited by Alomar; May 26th, 2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old May 28th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Erebus
The sinister one

Nature: Quiet
I've been thinking one up for awhile now:

• You start in a big city
  • You get your starter at Pokemon School, but some of the starters not handed out yet break out and you and your newly chosen starter defeat one
  • The region is actually two, but there is a huge forest, lake, and desert on the border between them
  • Two organizations battling, as both want to morph both the nations to become one and rule it
  • You get to help one out after a YES/NO choice towards the middle
  • Right before you challenge the Pokemon Leauge, the organization you joined's ruler tells you that they are going to attack the enemies base and you are coming along, and it is the biggest dungeon in the entire game (I want to make it huge, like possibly biggest dungeon in hack history huge, with healing NPCs everywhere and several floors and tons of trainers)
Old June 22nd, 2011, 04:40 AM
Rantis_
Beginning Trainer

I read some of the ideas here and I thought that I might as well figure out one too

Name: Not decided yet.
(Hack of Fire Red)
Region: Kanto

Storyline:

Your journey starts from Pewter City instead of Pallet Town. You are an ordinary kid who wants to be a trainer and take the Pokemon League Challenge. One day, Gym leader Brock invites you to visit his gym and he gives you a Sandshrew for a starter. You start training your Sandshrew and go to explore Mt. Moon caves, when you suddenly notice that the cave
is full of Rocket Grunts. They start to battle against you and after you have defeated all of them, their powerful Admin comes there and beats the hell out of your Sandshrew. Team Rocket steals your pokemon and you return to Brock to tell what happened.

Brock takes you to see Prof. Oak to choose a new starter (not any of the original starters, possible starters could be Staryu, Growlithe and Exeggcute). Player also gets a Pokedex
from Prof. Oak. At this moment, our character wants revenge so badly that he decides to start hunting the Rocket Admins and their Leader until he had defeated every single one of them instead of taking the Pokemon League challenge. After this, player starts training his pokemon and catches new ones while exploring Kanto region in search of Rocket Admins.

-Player doesn't collect Gym Badges anymore and there is no Pokemon League, Gym leader battles are replaced by battles against 8 Rocket Admins of different areas. (e.g. Viridian's Admin, Cinnabar's Admin etc.) Pokemon League is replaced by Final battles against the top 4 Rocket Admins and their leader (Giovanni?) in their secret HQ, which location would be
revealed after the player has defeated all 8 Admins.

I think it would be a nice extra if the starter Sandshrew was already nicknamed and the Admin who stole it would have given it to their leader, so when the Rocket Boss sends out Sandslash with really familiar name, player would realize he fights against his own pokemon.

Feel free to comment and suggest improvements, criticism is welcome
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Pika_Pika_Chu
Beginning Trainer

Location: Brazil. yeah actually I'm LIVING here. I'm american >.<
Nature: Naughty
this is just my idea, don't critique please!!

Pokémon Pinetree

Storyline
You are an average Pokémon fan, that had been living on Pinetree Town, a small but urbanized town near the mountains and the wild for 6 years, desiring your own Pokémon. But your parents don't like the idea of you leaving Pinetree Town's safety to explore the dangers of Colossa, the new region. However, you are tired of waiting for the day your parents will let you go on a Pokémon journey. On a random night, your parents are going to have a dinner with their friends. They trust you and leave you home alone. You however, break the rules abruptly and run away from home. You gain your first Pokémon on Pinetree Town's local Pokémon Research Lab. You can choose between Unova's starters, and Eevee. Your objective in this game is just the same as the others - explore the region and earn the local badges of the cities's gyms.

Your character
You can choose between a boy and a girl. The boy has short black hair, white skin, and wears a blue shirt with black pants and red sneakers. The girl has long and straight brown hair, white skin, and wears a green shirt with black schoolgirl skirt and white sneakers.

Local towns/cities
Pinetree Town, Oak Town, Brook Maple Town, Sea Salt Town, Salmon Port, Coconut Island, Hula Paradise, Black Grand City, Wealth City, Royal Victory City.
Brook Maple, Sea Salt Town, Salmon Port, Coconut Island, Hula Paradise, Black Grand City, Wealth City have gyms. Royal Victory is where the Elite 4 is.

Features
> Dress up yourself! Cities/towns with two marts have items for you and your Pokémon. On your mart, there are clothes! Clothing are different from each town/city.
> Have good times on Salmon Port, Coconut Island and Hula Paradise! These aren't towns/cities, but no places on towns/cities. On Salmon Port, you can fish, cook fish, sell fish and eat fish. On Coconut Island, you can swim, drink coconut water, cook coconut treats, sell coconut treats and eat coconut treats. On Hula Paradise, you can go to the luau, swim at the pool, eat the luau's tiki treats and dance hula.
> Sleeping sprites are showed when YOU take a rest on local hotels.
> You can eat, but only for fun - that doesn't raise anything good for you, except you unlock food prizes at restaurants, which are HP/MP raising food for your Pokémon.
> Restore your Pokémon's health at saunas! The Pokémon on the sauna's sprite is showed when he/she/it takes a rest there.
> Earn gold by working too! There are plenty of jobs avaible on each town, and you can earn up to 500G by job.
> Rent Pokémon.
> Befriend and capture all legendary Pokémon!

I hope you like my ideas, please no bad critiques... I know how not good I am on making Pokémon game ideas.
Old July 12th, 2011, 01:32 PM
MCS35
Beginning Trainer

A hack that follows the Harry Potter storyline would be awesome. You're Harry, your rivals are Draco, Voldemort, etc. Ron, Hermione help you.
Old August 11th, 2011, 12:58 PM
trash
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys, i need an opinion or two about this idea i've started developing in my head.

Haven't yet decided what to call it.
(Ruby/sapphire based hack.)

Spoiler:
You awaken in a hospital, instead of prof. Birch at the beggining there is a strange looking Zangoose.
He tells you to call him Goose as he explains that you've been in the hospital for quite some time. He appears to be concerned about your memory loss.
After you tell him your gender, as he has a hard time telling human males and females appart, you decide on what you should be called.

The world is a mess after a terrible accident in a nearby laboratory. A number of Dangerous Pokemon,
infected by a virus roam the area, destroying towns and creating chaos.
Zangoose claims to have stayed by your side for all this time, because you hold the key to the downfall of these Monsters.
By then you realise Goose must be one of the infected pokemon. He confirms your suspisions and explains
that prof. Steel has experimented on him and suceeded in partialy curing him.
However the cure made him weak and he needs your help as much as you need his.

When you make your way across the desserted and destroyed Oldale town to Route 103 you spot a strange pokemon.
A man enggages it in fight and successfully captures it.
He introduces himself as Rayden and explains that the Infected pokemon have the ability to alter wild pokemons DNA creating new and powerfull creatures, like the one he just caught.
He appears to be excited and delighted by the recent happenings in the pokemon world.
When he finds out you are on your way to destroy these pokemon he is so fascinated by, he immediately tries to stop you.
He is no match for Goose and when he tells you that you are sure to meet again you know you just met your Rival.

Most of the trainer battles happen in towns.
The damaged buildings are home to many useful items but they are guarded by local trainers that reward you with more items as pokedollars don't
do you much good in a society with no marts.
You soon realise Rayden is not alone at enjoying the way things are, after more like-minded trainers engage you in a fight.

On routs you have a chance of encountering a Spliced pokemon however these pokemon seem to be a double edged sword.
Powerful, yet hard to control.

When you enter the forest on route 104 trainers tell you that there is a dark presence close by, and that you should turn away while you still can.
They try to show that you are to weak by battling you.
After you proove them wrong they cheer you on.
When you get the first glimps of the depraved pair of evil pokemon
you freez on the spot as you watch them rip a mans head clear off...

And on that bombshell...

I've developed the story further but don't want to give everything out at once.
Later content would probably get an ''M for Mature'' rating.

The part where i have 0 knowledge about rom hacks might be a problem,
however i will try to read about it as much as possible.
I do happen to know a thing or two about sprite art.

If i get positive feedback i will do my best to make this a reality,
but please be frank in your comments, i can take constructive criticism like a man.

Last edited by trash; August 11th, 2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old September 9th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Controversial?
should probably stop now

Nature: Naughty
Just a quick idea...more thought's actually gone into the evil team leader than the game itself xD

WARNING: The storyline does contain major spoilers and will probably detract from the game experience once the game is released. There are also religious, sexual and violent themes in this storyline. Probably will be rated M.

Spoiler:

So the game starts out with you and two friends starting out as Pokémon trainers after receiving letters that tell them they are the "lucky few" to be allowed trainer licenses or something...yeah, cliché.

Basically the full plot of the game doesn't start out until a bit after the first gym: a man is rambling about awakening a mysterious Pokémon, but to do so he says he'll have to be able to find fragments of its soul to awaken it.

His name is Neptune, he is the leader of a cult dedicated to Jirachi and its awakening. This cult is one of the two evil teams you encounter.

He is then approached by another man, this one controlling a gang of criminals. Neptune is propsed a deal where the gang help the cult find the fragments of Jirachi, in return for some of the profit.

This other man is Victor, leader of the other evil team you encounter.

So, while you battle and beat gyms along the way of being a Pokémon master [/cliché], the evil teams are busy searching for the fragments of Jirachi. You run into them often when in areas where the fragments are located, saving the people they are harming to attempt to find but usually failing to get the fragment anyway. However, in Mt. Fuego sometime after the 3rd gym, you thwart their plans to blow the fragment out of the volcano, and you discover the mayor on the town beside it has the fragment instead, and he gives it to you in gratitude.

Then you run into Louisa.

Louisa is, basically, a young Pokémon Trainer who claims to have had psychic visions about you. it means she wants you. She basically wants to protect you, thinking you're in danger. Once you reach a certain point, however, you'll find out that's not all she wants. But she claims you are in danger.

As you progress through the game, you'll end up seeing relatively less of the gang, though sometimes you do battle them, and more of the cult, attempting to covert people to their faith. However, the gang has actually ended up collecting almost all of the shards bar one - the one you have.

So, inevitably, they figure out you have the missing piece of the puzzle, and draw you in - by kidnapping Louisa.

They call you saying that Louisa will die if you do not do what they say. You follow their instructions and they kidnap you, taking you to a tower.

So there you are, tiled up with louisa in a cell. However, you manage to break out and although you cannot undo Louisa's chains, you end up scaling the tower and confronting the evil teams, who demand the final piece of the fragment. You refuse, so they force you down to the cell again.

But only to the door.

Their aim was to enter the cell, take your fragment kill both you and Louisa by filling the cell with water. Since this wasn't possible, they force you to watch while they kill Louisa by flooding the cell. You end up breaking down, and they incapacitate you, tying you up and bringing you to the top of the tower to force you to watch Jirachi's awakening.

So Jirachi is awakened, but Victor ends up betraying Neptune by demanding Jirachi. Neptune, obviously, refuses, going on about how he just wanted to follow his beliefs and did not want a life of crime. He unties you and tells you to defeat Victor in battle, just before the gang team members throw him off the tower and to his death.

So you battle Victor and defeat him, but Jirachi is enraged by the violence. You battle and capture Jirachi, but in the confusion afterwards Victor flees.

So you save the day, then you go battle the league tournament-style and become Champ. But wait, there's more!

Once the game is beaten, you are allowed access to a previously blocked area. At first, it just looks like another town. But talk to the people, and you'll find that this is Victor's hometown. Entering a house will find you face to face with Victor, for the last time. He will tell you his story.

WARNING: Now THESE are the big spoilers.

Spoiler:
Victor is a psychopath. He has had a history of abuse from both his parents, who are long dead. He killed them. He was bullied at school, and beaten almost to death, and had experienced a lot of trauma. He wanted Jirachi to fulfill his selfish desire for vengeance. But that's not the worst part.

He once had settled down and had himself a daughter. His daughter's name was Louisa.

THAT'S RIGHT. VICTOR MURDERED HIS ONLY DAUGHTER TO FULFILL HIS HORRIBLE DESIRES.

I wanted to create as sick of a character as I could with Victor, but I didn't think it'd turn out like this.

Don't steal it kay?

Last edited by Controversial?; September 9th, 2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old October 21st, 2011, 06:59 AM
C1707
Beginning Trainer

Based off the post war Pokemon conspiracy theories...

Name: Pokemon Apokelypse.

Base: Fire Red/Leaf Green or Emerald.

Plot: In the far off region of Utopia (need a better name but w/e.) the user character (henforce known as Stefan), has grown up with his grandparents, having never known his Mother of Father, but having never been told why. Nobody thinks anything of it, however, as it's a pretty common occurance is this perfect seeming land. However, shortly before Stefan's 10th Birthday, his Grandmother goes missing, and on the big day, Stefan's grandfather pulls him aside.

He tells Stefan that they live in what is known as a communist state. Which means that the goverment can hide whatever they like from the people, he then tells him that in the years before he was born, there was a great war held within the country, and his Grandmother was imprisoned for speaking out against the goverment. He says he's too old to go and save her, but asks if Stefan would do it for him. You, of course, accept, and are given the option of having one of your Grandfather's pokemon. (Squirtle, Qualiva or Treeko)

You will then set out across Utopia, travelling across the fourteen cities, (where you will take the Gym challenge as a cover up for your adventure, whilst you explore the four dungeons, finding out where your Grandmother is kept.) After the final gym battle, the leader will inform you that he knows why you became a trainer, and tells you how to gain entrance to the fifth and final dungeon, but then tells you that you'll first need to explore the forest where Mew is rumoured to lurk, if you have any hope of defeating the King.

You travel through the forest, and battle Mew where you can either defeat or capture him, and afterwards Mew will leave behind the HMSurf/Waterfall (You need this because no ship will take you to the king's island). You then travel to the final island. Where you will have to battle several generals and his personal security the 'elite four'.

If possible, just before your battle against the king, I would have it revealed that he is controlling the region by using Mewtwo's psychic powers. You tell your Grandfather about it, and he will give you an invention of his, a snag ball. You will use the snag ball to steal away Mewtwo, (so he is the King's only pokemon you don't have to worry about facing really. YOU CAN ONLY USE THIS BALL ON MEWTWO, otherwise you will just get the 'Stefen, now is not the time or place') You will steal away Mewtwo, and then the nation will be out from under his control, and you will be crowned King. (if this isn't possible, you'll just have to defeat his Mewtwo instead )

In the final scene (of the main storyline) a young boy will approach you, and ask if he could start his Pokemon journey now he is ten, you give him a Squirtle (even though you don't own one, or if you do, it won't be your one.) The young boy excitedly runs away, shouting that you'll remember the name Samuel Oak!
Old October 21st, 2011, 07:45 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
I need help with my Pokemon Adventures story. I was wondering, what other Pokemon I should give Paul. I don't want to give him Pokemon, he's used in the past before. Anyone know of ones in the 5th generation that you think would fit Paul's personality?

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here