The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 28th, 2011, 08:42 PM
vezix
Vezix

Nature: Brave
i wish my pokemon hikari will come true ..

okay story line-
a 13 yr old player have a party birthday like always but whn his b'day party a blackhole appeared and suck in to it and appeared in the futo town at the ichino region ... a professor name shigeru found him ask him wht goin on? and give him 1 pokemon zywing - a bird pokemon with a metal skull on it's head (like cubone) and suddenly a girl in a hurry ran and crash him(player) and the first battle started and a legendary pokemon appeared name Tenmed and the girl who fight with the player say the story about 2 legendary pokemon 1-Tenmed and 2-Kurasor two pokemon who from light and darekness who can make the wish of a people came true ... so the player wanted to find them to go back to his home in the meantime he wanted to become a greatest pokemon trainer.. while in his quest to become a greatest pokemon trainer a dark organization name team X-ceed wanted to find them wish for their own convenience ... so the journey begins.... okay in soon as posible i will draw a map..... okay to anybody wanted to do this i dont expect much from u all just take the credit and just make a character name 'vezix' only k? if u don wanna make just fine it's just an idea
Old November 14th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Soul Saint
Ghost~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Soul Saint
So, I came up with something of an intro and a plot. There's more to what I've got actually in a file compared to here, and this is pretty much for any group to take and make their own. Can use me as a consultant for the story/plot/quests/missions/etc. If anyone is interested, then just send me a PM with your team's name. As to answer the questions of, "Why don't you make a team or do this yourself?": My laptop can only handle so much, due to being in need of a new fan(One that isn't made anymore) and my desktop needing to be entirely replaced to even work now. There is also so much I can do on Linux - Which I'm not willing to get rid of just to make this. Rather have less junk going on in the background - Plus, it does make writing much easier.

Now, here's a bit of the plot and the current intro:

Vague Plot Out-look:
This game is set in Kanto - What I'd envision are larger cities, along with some new one's from.(Seven new gyms as well) Rumors have sprung up around the countryside of the region: Pokethefts, burglaries, even a mysterious trainer wandering the wilderness. There has been reason to believe that "Team Rocket" has returned - The police have not made any official announcement on such news.

The players character is fifteen years old, and his/her parents have decided it was time to let their child leave home. Unlike how other parents let their child leave at the age of eleven, they wanted them to finish school beforehand. Their father had been a trainer in his youth while their mother had been working in a local restaurant in [Insert town name here - Haven't begun making new towns yet or the gyms]. Staying at the inn by the center of the town is a old friend of your fathers - One whom he sends that player to meet.

Introduction:

The player starts out in a dark cave, the air stale and layered with dust. Around them would be walls glowing, a dark shade of purple, faintly as unintelligible whispers echo about the cavern. In front of the player would be a sign of rotting wood, covered by damp moss, before them – Through the moss covering it's message would be read, “All adventures begin by choice – In order to achieve your destiny, you must find your own way out of this cavern. You will be faced by questions along the way – There are no right nor wrong answers.”, behind the moss-covered sign would be a narrow path in the chamber. In following down it, the player would be greeted by darkness...
[Note: If you haven't figured this out already, this is how you will gain your starting Pokemon. Open to suggestions for what they should be, though I'm not a huge fan of the 4th&5th Gen. I do like that Zebricorn though.]

...where, laying before them, is a marker in the ground, a mist surfacing from out of the ground around it. In but a few moments, wisps from the mist would flow into place to form a message, “In battle, do your prefer to use brawn or brains(To be added to or changed)?“, the mist would disperse as two paths open up at the other end of the chamber - A symbol of a 'fist' above one, while the other holds the symbol of an 'eye' above it's entrance. Choosing one of the two paths before them, the player would end up in another chamber – [Depending on the players choice decides the interior description of the following room. Either way, in order to choose a starting Pokemon, the player essentially will fall down a hole to a fourth chamber where an item(Pokeball with their resulting starter) will lay on the ground for them to pick up.] - At the other end of the chamber would be an exit, light pouring in from the outside. A warm, familiar feeling, overcomes the player as they draw nearer and nearer towards the light.

When the player comes to, they are holding their newly chosen Pokemon in their hand as Prof.[Insert name here] speaks to them, “Ah, so you have chosen [Insert Pokemon name here]? [Blah blah blah, vague informational bit on their choice and what to expect with their choice].”

With that bit comes the opening to the story. The above is subject to change.(The mist for example - It's more a description than anything) For more information, send me a PM. If after a week this gains no real support, I'll probably just make a Fan-fic based around what I've got typed up already. Some features to mention in the story would be: You don't need all the badges, you just have more options on where to get your badges from. Maybe you'd just need seven badges instead of eight, you can still gather all of them in the end. And as for the "Pokemon League" - You wouldn't be put up against the Elite four. That s*** got old. It'd be a bit more special, if possible. There would of course be new rivals, and everything else depends on the team really. Not giving out everything I've thought up. >.>"
Old November 16th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

Nature: Relaxed
This is a draft story that I am currently working on.

Pokemon Ruby Hack.
Still haven't got a name for it as I've pretty much just started on making the game.

It is 90 years after the events of Pokémon Red & Blue…
All the Pokémon League Regions Elite Four have disbanded…
All the Region Champions have been defeated…
All region Gym leaders have scattered…
Wild Pokémon have gone on a rampage…
The Legendary Pokémon have awoken…
It’s been 20 years since this started…

You play the Great-Grandchild of Red.
The game is based in a new region called Cielo, North of Kanto.
The Kanto and Johto regions have been over run by an evil team (Not mentioning who, will be revealed when the game is release)
The Cielo region has no Gyms or a Pokemon League.
The laws of being a Pokemon trainer have changed. You cannot start your Pokemon journey until you are 16.
I have only finished the Introduction completely but I can give the main points of what will happen in the story.

Now to the story.
You start off in a weird dream. There are two people standing aside of two pokeballs. They get excited about catching two 'specific' pokemon. You awake in your bed from the dream. The player goes down stairs where your mom will be wating for you to wish you a happy 16th birthday. She tells you to go see professor Oak. (the third generation of prof Oak). The player finds prof oak and he will give you a Pikachu and a Pokedex for your 16th. The pikachu is an offspring from Red's son's Pikachu (assuming Red's Pikachu left an offspring).

So far, that's the introduction that gets your started on your journey.

The main quest of the story are:
1. Finding out why Pokemon have become extremely violent.
2. Uncovering the truth behind who has taken over Kanto and Johto. (Prof oak and Mom are hiding the truth from the player).
3. Finding a connection between the last 2 points.
4. And what have the Legendary pokemon got to do with this.

The back story will be explained in the game at some point and all legendary pokemon (except B/W) will play a part.

I'm not going to say any more because it will spoil the whole game.
Old November 17th, 2011, 09:26 PM
ROBO-BOY
The Monkey Man

I think that this might be a good one.

You live in the largest city in the Xylo Region, Port Sydnaro. You have always dreamed of being a Top Co-Ordinator, and with your starter that your mother gives you (An Aipom), you set out on your dream. You need to collect 8 Ribbons, as is the custom in the Xylo Region, and then are able to compete in the Xylo Pagent, where the winner becomes a top Co-Ordinator. However, an evil team kidnap your best friends Pok'emon, along with many others's, and you have to stop them along the way.

DETAILS:
HACK OF: Ruby/Saphire or Emerald
INFO: Gyms replaced by Contest Halls, Contest Halls replaced by Team (Doom maybe?) Bases.
Old November 30th, 2011, 06:42 PM
DreamOrDestruction
Master Of the Arcana

Here is a story subject to change.

Pokemon Raven Of The Dark

You live in the region of Yamiten in a small town called Twilight Town. Tomorrow is your 16th birthday and you get a premonition. You see a dark, shadowy figure roaming your region and in a blink of an eye your region is covered in shadows. As you wake up you see it is time to get your first Pokemon from Prof. Jean. You rush to the Professor's Lab as quick as you can to see your long-time friend getting his starter. As you disembark on your journey throughout the region you face Team Neo Darkness and Neo Twilight who both want to change the world. You begin to wonder what does this have to do with you? Well that decision is up to you, will you be the Eclipse of Darkness, the Shining Twilight, or your path? You are the one to guide yourself, so what will you decide?

"Life is just the same old thing done over and over again. Those who excel in life are just ordinary people who do ordinary things better than everyone else."

Old December 14th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Adamina
Beginning Trainer

I only really have the barest outline for this plot, and could really use some help. I have a decent amount of backstory, but as for the actual story you play...so far its very similar to the original.

Backstory

Spoiler:
Prof. Oak has always secretly been a Bug Maniac; he just repressed it becasue Bug Pokemon are thought of as weak and childish by the league. So for years, he gave out the 'traditional' starters (Charmander etc.), and researched all Pokemon. A few years before the game starts, he realised that he had made such a name for himself as the Pokemon expert, that he can get away breaking the League's rules - he's invaluable to them, right? Professors aren't meant to be able to become League Champion, but Oak challenged the League anyway, with a team full of Bug Pokemon, and won.

However, politics and circumstances conspire against him, and his victory turns out to be more than the League can handle, he is unallowed to become Champion, and is stripped of his official status as someone who gives out starters. So Oak releases all of the old starters into the wild in spite, and starts giving out Bug Pokemon as unofficial starters instead to the people in Pallet town (most people still come to Oak, rather than make the trip up to the League itself, where the 'official' starters are now bred. The League generally overlooks this, as Kanto is small compared with all of the other regions, and they have turned their attention outward).

Giovanni, after being defeated by Red, disbanded Team Rocket and fled, as is well known. However, most people did not know he had been training up a protege, called Luke. When Giovanni left, he told Luke that Team Rocket was no more, and that he should join the League - they would still accept him, as he was young (Luke was 18 at this time). Luke did so. Giovanni left Luke with a parting gift - a Charmander that he had 'acquired'. Luke trained up this Charmander well, and it grew into a strong Charizard. He became Pokemon Champion, after Red, and reigned undefeated for many years. He had a preference for Fire type Pokemon, but also incoporated Rock, Ground and Dark types into his team.

Prof. Oak, after reigniting his Bug Pokemon love, decided to challenge the League with he team of bugs. He reached the Champion, and after a long and tense battle, they were down to the wire, with Luke's Charizard and Oak's Beedrill. Oak managed to poison Charizard, and won. Luke was mad, naturally, but also relieved, as his Charizard had been getting old (10 years is old for Fire Pokemon headcanon). But poison is dangerous, Oak had been breeding up strong Bug pokemon in his quest to win, and the Pokemon League's Nurse Joy was bug-phobic. Circumstances conspired against him, and Luke's Charizard dies from the toxic poisoning it recieves. This pushes Luke over the edg. It was the last remnant he had of his relationship with Giovanni. He vows to find and defeat all trainers who use Bug Pokemon, to prove the inferiority of Bug Pokemon once and for all. To that end, he sets up Team Volcano, and makes everyone refer to him as Pyro.

Story

You play either a boy or a girl, of indeterminate age, who lives with their single mother. You are wearing bright green clothes because your mother needed all the support she could get, and thus has been dressing you in clothes that Oak gave her. The rival dresses in [either blue or a different green]. You go to Oak to get your 'starter' as your mother cannot afford to hire a flying Pokemon to send you to the league. Your choices are:

Caterpie, Spinara, and Heracross

Oak implores you to train up your Bug Pokemon strong, and defeat the League again with them, to prove that Bug pokemon have every right to be used in the League as other Pokemon. You have to go off and defeat the gyms first, and along the way encounter team Pyro.

Extras
Spoiler:

• The starters have all had their base stats brought up to be on par with the normal starters, and their moves have been changed a little too.
  • If you pick Caterpie, your rival gets Spinarak and vice versa. If you pick Heracross, so does he.
  • Caterpie evolves into Metapod at lv. 10 and into Butterfree at lv 16; Spinarak evolves into Ariados lv. 12 and into Scizor at lv. 25; Heracross evolves into Pinsir at lv. 25. These have been changed to make them more equivalent to starters, and they are all a bit different to hopefully give a different feel to each one.
  • The original starters are available in that garden place in Pewter City (where originally the guy is spraying repel to keep Pokemon away, now he is feeding them).
  • Considering having Larvesta be the legendary in Cerulean Cave instead of Mewtwo - perhaps Mewtwo gives you it, after seeing how hard you've worked for Bug Pokemon?
  • Pyro becomes more and more manical and a meglomaniac, and in the final battle he has changed his name to Lucifer.
  • Pyro wasn't just Giovanni's protege...

As you can see, I need help working out a better storyline - I suppose I could stick with the gyms, and highlight the idea that Team Volcano is really just made of extremists from the League, but I don't know if that would be too simple (and I'd need help working out the details anyway).
Old December 26th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Vladimir312
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamina View Post
I only really have the barest outline for this plot, and could really use some help. I have a decent amount of backstory, but as for the actual story you play...so far its very similar to the original.

Backstory

Spoiler:
Prof. Oak has always secretly been a Bug Maniac; he just repressed it becasue Bug Pokemon are thought of as weak and childish by the league. So for years, he gave out the 'traditional' starters (Charmander etc.), and researched all Pokemon. A few years before the game starts, he realised that he had made such a name for himself as the Pokemon expert, that he can get away breaking the League's rules - he's invaluable to them, right? Professors aren't meant to be able to become League Champion, but Oak challenged the League anyway, with a team full of Bug Pokemon, and won.

However, politics and circumstances conspire against him, and his victory turns out to be more than the League can handle, he is unallowed to become Champion, and is stripped of his official status as someone who gives out starters. So Oak releases all of the old starters into the wild in spite, and starts giving out Bug Pokemon as unofficial starters instead to the people in Pallet town (most people still come to Oak, rather than make the trip up to the League itself, where the 'official' starters are now bred. The League generally overlooks this, as Kanto is small compared with all of the other regions, and they have turned their attention outward).

Giovanni, after being defeated by Red, disbanded Team Rocket and fled, as is well known. However, most people did not know he had been training up a protege, called Luke. When Giovanni left, he told Luke that Team Rocket was no more, and that he should join the League - they would still accept him, as he was young (Luke was 18 at this time). Luke did so. Giovanni left Luke with a parting gift - a Charmander that he had 'acquired'. Luke trained up this Charmander well, and it grew into a strong Charizard. He became Pokemon Champion, after Red, and reigned undefeated for many years. He had a preference for Fire type Pokemon, but also incoporated Rock, Ground and Dark types into his team.

Prof. Oak, after reigniting his Bug Pokemon love, decided to challenge the League with he team of bugs. He reached the Champion, and after a long and tense battle, they were down to the wire, with Luke's Charizard and Oak's Beedrill. Oak managed to poison Charizard, and won. Luke was mad, naturally, but also relieved, as his Charizard had been getting old (10 years is old for Fire Pokemon headcanon). But poison is dangerous, Oak had been breeding up strong Bug pokemon in his quest to win, and the Pokemon League's Nurse Joy was bug-phobic. Circumstances conspired against him, and Luke's Charizard dies from the toxic poisoning it recieves. This pushes Luke over the edg. It was the last remnant he had of his relationship with Giovanni. He vows to find and defeat all trainers who use Bug Pokemon, to prove the inferiority of Bug Pokemon once and for all. To that end, he sets up Team Volcano, and makes everyone refer to him as Pyro.

Story

You play either a boy or a girl, of indeterminate age, who lives with their single mother. You are wearing bright green clothes because your mother needed all the support she could get, and thus has been dressing you in clothes that Oak gave her. The rival dresses in [either blue or a different green]. You go to Oak to get your 'starter' as your mother cannot afford to hire a flying Pokemon to send you to the league. Your choices are:

Caterpie, Spinara, and Heracross

Oak implores you to train up your Bug Pokemon strong, and defeat the League again with them, to prove that Bug pokemon have every right to be used in the League as other Pokemon. You have to go off and defeat the gyms first, and along the way encounter team Pyro.

Extras
Spoiler:

• The starters have all had their base stats brought up to be on par with the normal starters, and their moves have been changed a little too.
  • If you pick Caterpie, your rival gets Spinarak and vice versa. If you pick Heracross, so does he.
  • Caterpie evolves into Metapod at lv. 10 and into Butterfree at lv 16; Spinarak evolves into Ariados lv. 12 and into Scizor at lv. 25; Heracross evolves into Pinsir at lv. 25. These have been changed to make them more equivalent to starters, and they are all a bit different to hopefully give a different feel to each one.
  • The original starters are available in that garden place in Pewter City (where originally the guy is spraying repel to keep Pokemon away, now he is feeding them).
  • Considering having Larvesta be the legendary in Cerulean Cave instead of Mewtwo - perhaps Mewtwo gives you it, after seeing how hard you've worked for Bug Pokemon?
  • Pyro becomes more and more manical and a meglomaniac, and in the final battle he has changed his name to Lucifer.
  • Pyro wasn't just Giovanni's protege...

As you can see, I need help working out a better storyline - I suppose I could stick with the gyms, and highlight the idea that Team Volcano is really just made of extremists from the League, but I don't know if that would be too simple (and I'd need help working out the details anyway).
It's definitely an interesting idea that bug pokemon lovers (not me) would really enjoy. However, at least for the start, you'll have to greatly edit the bug pokemons stats, as starting out with a caterpie seems way too hard, as it'll have to evolve to butterfree before you get any actually useful attacks. Even though these technical problems exist, I think, with enough effort, this could work.
Old December 28th, 2011, 04:23 AM
gvgisdi
Officially addicted to Crystal

Nature: Quiet
Look what I just found on Pokémemes!

Wouldn't that make an awesome hack?
Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:34 AM
da27988
Beginning Trainer

Your region is in war, you have the east army of JOHTO and the west army of KANTO fighting for total supremacy why? total domination?, control over all Pokemon? know one really knows anymore they have been fighting for that long to remember the true cause of it.

You the main character and your best friend who live in the turmoil and destruction in the town of Pallet want to make a difference to end this war. So you and your friend go to the professor Oak to get a Pokemon starter (armys fight with Pokemon not guns nicer that way) only for a few spys from the army of JOHTO kidnapping your best friend and the professor leaving you to decide from the possible 3 starters which one to choose.

Your objective is to find your best friend and professor, find out the source of the war and end it.

There will be flaws to this but if someone wants to you use this story and idea just ask me. and as for gym battles im thinking you can do Kanto first then do the Johto then both kanto and johto elite fours or is that a bit too much?
Old January 6th, 2012, 04:21 PM
ROBO-BOY
The Monkey Man

Storyline:
You are Ash Ketchum, a young boy from Pallet Town. You have been travelling the world for a few years now, catching, training, and battling Pok'emon. When you started your journey, you were Ten, and in Kanto. But after The Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova, you are now Fourteen, and your Pikachu is ready and waiting on your shoulder. You are right now a cruise ship, waiting to be docked off in Culca Town, where Professor Fig lives. He is the most celebrated Professor in all of the Auzza Region, the place that right now, you are starting your adventure on.

Your first Gym is in Alburba City, floating on the sea. However, you have been asked by Professor Fig to deliver a Special Egg to a Girl named Charlotte in Holbrooko Town. So you must go. But, as you cannot swim that far, you'll have to go the long way, through Route A, Rookie Forest, Gerogo City, Route B and Route C to get there. On your way, you meet a rather Smarter and more evil Team Rocket, with a talking Persian. Persian is a rather strong Pokemon, and he wipes the floor with you and kidnapps you and Pikachu. Where are they taking you? How was Meowth strong enough to evolve? How on Earth did Jesse and James get SMART?!? Find out all the answers, and more, in Pokemon, Auzza Adventures.
Old January 12th, 2012, 10:33 AM
04bello
Beginning Trainer

My fire red hack story line: pokemon! Fight for Kanto
Proffesor Oak is putting together a team, a special team and guess what, you've been selected to be part of this talented pokesquad, along with ash, may, brock,misty and kanye west(my fave musician, tyring to change the soundtrack to 8 bit versions of his songs). You are Pallet Town's last line of defense, The rest of the region has been taken over by various gangs and an empire has been built by team rockets new leaders Jessie and James. Some gangs side with the rockets others dont give a damn and just want to run riot, looting and stealing civilians pokemon. Officer Jenny's and Pokemon rangers are dwindling in number.

You return from training with the squad one day and all of pallet towns civilians have disappeard, homes have been trashed and lab is almost empty, all that remains are oak's aids, who arent in a state to talk correctly let alone give you information.

But you are your person, stick with the pokesquad and continue the quest to find pallet town's finest (including your mum and brother) . You will go on missions with your team members and be part of larger missions,carry out solo missions, and have the option of doing side missions helping other gangs or finding civilians.

Make pallet town yours and then rid the region of the virus that are the gangs of kanto!
Old January 13th, 2012, 05:42 AM
ChibiVamp
>>RETRO GAMER<<

Nature: Rash
I'm not sure if it exists but a game where you play as a Team Rocket member would be really fun. You start as a fresh faced recruit and are assigned one of the stupid pokemon nobody really wants to train other than to flesh out the old pokedex. Instead of collecting badges, you travel around spreading Team Rocket's influence. Ofcourse the various gym leaders wount be quietly cooperating, so you'll have to beat them into submission first. Instead of just getting a badge and a TM, they will also hand over their best pokemon as insurance that they wount disobey. Along your journy, you will be repeatedly hampered by a certain trainer, his entourage and his rival, none of which will truely stand a chance.

Well? Good idea?
Old January 13th, 2012, 05:55 AM
ChibiVamp
>>RETRO GAMER<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvgisdi View Post

Wow that would be totaly awesome! I would love to play that game...
Old February 1st, 2012, 08:46 AM
CM'12
Beginning Trainer

Hi, I just joined but I've been following the site for hacks and such because I'm a huge Pokemon fan and I've decided to join because I've been toying with an idea for a while and I wanted to post it here to get some opinions, bare with me please, it's not too developed but an idea I've been toying with.

I'd probably use fire red or leaf green because it already has Kanto's map, and I know that it would be hard to add all the regions, but that's what I want to make eventually, with all the Pokemon and all the gyms, but with more of a story to it rather than just aimlessly roaming around to go and collect badges and and fight off evil teams.

I'm thinking in having a teenager going off on his own to find a father/brother/old friend that went missing, so he'll find company in his Pokemon and find leads on the missing person which will lead him from region to region. With the help of my cousin, I got a new idea and it would be a legendary Pokemon that controls humans and we part on a quest to find it. So instead of a team trying to control a Pokemon, it's a Pokemon that is playing around. And will go from region to region trying to find who is that Pokemon and how to catch it.

In each region the player may completely revamp his team (or not if the player wants an easier game), because the gyms/Pokemon levels would restart and be low at first and gradually get higher again. Or I could just do a different idea but still keep all the regions in mind, or at least four of them.

While I understand it's near-impossible to do so, I'm willing to at least give it a shot. I won't just head first into making it all right from the start, but I'd gradually make it and if it doesn't really work, at least I tried. I'd also try and include all Pokemon, or at least most of them.

Just an idea I'm toying with, I have some experience in programing and I'd love to hear what you guys think just to see if I should go with it and if I should seriously look into those hacking tools.

Last edited by CM'12; February 1st, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old February 1st, 2012, 10:12 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvgisdi View Post

That sounds fun but the problem is that there are only a few hackers who could actually do all that. Some of its features require recoding things from scratch.

It's not like it couldn't be done in GBA base though - in GBC this is probably impossible (at least for drawing part "where to store data of all the drawings ?").

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old February 2nd, 2012, 05:12 AM
ChibiVamp
>>RETRO GAMER<<

I've got what I think is a pretty good idea but don't know what to do with it.... So here it is

Spoiler:

Pokemon Spliced Helix (working title)
Something is seriously wrong in the region of ..... . For some time now new trainers have been abandoning their starter pokemon in favour of level 3 rattata and magikarp that they easily caught in the grass and rivers near their home towns. To top it off, some wild pokemon have been exibiting signs of genetic mutations. Now it is your job as the youngest assistant of Prof Gary Oak to get to the bottom of this mystery and discover for yourself what went wrong.
New evil team, Team Gentos.
An unexpected legend joins your team.
Travel to the past!
Secret forest of shiny pokemon
Better prizes at the casino and the possibilty of a new/rigged game
New uniquly themed gyms - Fossil. Run by a succesful fossil maniac.
- Eevee-lution. Uses eeevee evolutions and the town has eevee as its mascot
- Chef. Uses pokemon that could be cooked. The gym is also a resturant.
Some Final Fantasy music and some unknown tracks
Team Helix
They don't want to take over the world or awaken any legendary pokemon for the purpose of destroying/recreating it. They don't even want to steal trainers pokemon. All they want is to conduct illegal pokemon experiments to create more powerful pokemon for a sinister purpose yet to be discovered.
Mewtwo
The original genetic experiment doesn't want to see any other pokemon go down the same path he did. The experimentation of pokemon is one thing he truely can't stand. So in order to put a stop to it, he joins up with the
hero. However he has been drained of much of his power and will need to regain it along the way.
Absolene
The newly discovered evoltion of Absol. Through evolution, Absol's natural powers to predict natural disasters have been honed to the point where it can predict unnatural disasters in the future and past as well with accuracy that rivals even the most powerful psychic types. They are extraordinarily long lived and it isn't uncommon to find one that has lived long enough to teach itself to speak human language. It is however very rare to see one as they tend to avoid human contact as a result of the negative feelings most humans tend to have towards them and Absols.
The Absolene working with Mewtwo originaly informed it of the looming disaster, but Mewtwo was uncertain of this strange news and decided to wait for events to unfold before making a move. During that time, Absolene lived on Mewtwo's island, avoiding Ash and his friends like the plague during their visit.
Celebi
This pokemon is well known for its ability to travel through time. It was summoned by Mewtwo to send our hero into the past in an attempt to stop these bazzare events from occuring.

What do you guys think?
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:34 PM
Outkin
OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!

Nature: Quirky
Okay, I have a rough idea for two evil teams in my hack...here we go

<Unnamed evil team 1> (Life)

The grunts and lower ranked members believe they are fighting a noble cause. They want to gain power over life, to (To their knowlage) make everyone happy by making them immortal. Never having to grieve or worry about death again. The true intentions are to gain powers over life.....to the make the leaders of the group immortal and rule over the world as gods.

<Unnnamed evil team 2> (Death)

Like the above team, the lower ranked believe they are doing good. They want to gain powers over death to (they think) unite the worlds of the living and dead so everyone can be together and happy. The truth is that the leaders want to create a zombie army to take over the world, and never have to fear death.

The two teams rival each other and cause chaos in their wake. The grunts will annoy the player throughout the game with some issues, but the player will be forced to get dirrectly involved when he/she learns of the plot and their sibling is kipnapped out of spite and to further their dark plans.

Once the plan becomes public there will also be a bunch of the team that disbands, a war will start between the teams, the ex-team members and common trainers. After particiapting in a few battles in this war the player will find the team leaders....and the legendary pokemon they summoned. They must stop the leaders and the summoned pokemon, and rescue their sibling from the realms of death and life.

I'll likely make changes, but what do you think?

Last edited by Outkin; March 1st, 2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: typo >_<
Old March 6th, 2012, 06:52 AM
tandon

How about making game with actually all regions in it including orange islands.
Old March 6th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Outkin
OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!

^ I don't think a rom would have the memory for that, unless you want low/no content or to spread it across several roms, I don't thnk it's possible....yet.

Old March 6th, 2012, 08:03 PM
GoGoShinyDunsparce
And Flounderp too!

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkin View Post
Okay, I have a rough idea for two evil teams in my hack...here we go
Spoiler:

<Unnamed evil team 1> (Life)

The grunts and lower ranked members believe they are fighting a noble cause. They want to gain power over life, to (To their knowlage) make everyone happy by making them immortal. Never having to grieve or worry about death again. The true intentions are to gain powers over life.....to the make the leaders of the group immortal and rule over the world as gods.

<Unnnamed evil team 2> (Death)

Like the above team, the lower ranked believe they are doing good. They want to gain powers over death to (they think) unite the worlds of the living and dead so everyone can be together and happy. The truth is that the leaders want to create a zombie army to take over the world, and never have to fear death.

The two teams rival each other and cause chaos in their wake. The grunts will annoy the player throughout the game with some issues, but the player will be forced to get dirrectly involved when he/she learns of the plot and their sibling is kipnapped out of spite and to further their dark plans.

Once the plan becomes public there will also be a bunch of the team that disbands, a war will start between the teams, the ex-team members and common trainers. After particiapting in a few battles in this war the player will find the team leaders....and the legendary pokemon they summoned. They must stop the leaders and the summoned pokemon, and rescue their sibling from the realms of death and life.

I'll likely make changes, but what do you think?
I like the sound of that a lot! Quite deep for a Pokemon game, but that's what hacks are for I guess. Just one question - how does the Pokemon League fit into all of this?

Here's what I've been developing:
Spoiler:

I don't want to give too much away, but I'm basically asking 7 questions:
a) What if Prof Oak really was a great trainer when he was young?
b) What if the regional Professor was more than he seemed?
c) What if Gym Leaders became much more competitive amongst each other?
d) What if shiny Pokemon weren't the only 'unique' varieties of Pokemon species?
e) What if somebody got to Mewtwo before you did?
f) What if the main character had 3 siblings?
g) What if NPCs actually attempted the E4 challenge from time to time rather than sitting around like lemons?
... and attempting to answer those. As you may perhaps have guessed, Pokemon Sunray is set roughly 20 years before Gen 1.

So my question here is: what do you think of potential new Gyms sprouting in Towns around the region and attempting to challenge the established Gym Leaders? Does it interest you? Is it boring? Is it pointless and insipid? You decide!
Old March 6th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Outkin
OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!

^The league will be a side quest for a change. I've decided this team is going to make up for the first half of the game, with somethng (Haven't decided) for the second.

As for your ideas, love em. If done right it could make an interestng game.

And Chibi, i just started scrolling up XD Like it, some things can be done easily, but you'll have to be careful with others good luck.

Old March 7th, 2012, 01:55 AM
cappayne
Beginning Trainer

I always have ideas floating around in my head, but the latest is as such: (Disclaimer I have never experimented with hacking and have no idea if this idea is at all feasible)

Instead of the classic kid/hero on a quest to collect badges... you are instead an apprentice about to begin training to become a member of the police force. You are the son/daughter of Officer Jenny, and it's time for you to wander into the forest behind the academy and find your very own Growlithe. It is staged that the first (and only) wild Growlithe you encounter is shiny. You are given a Pokeball beforehand, and the inevitable outcome is that you catch it.

You are returned to the academy where you show off your new partner in the fight against crime, and the officers present are astonished that yours is shiny. The police chief (taking the role of Professor Oak) requests to meet with you. You talk with him and he sees something in you: A desire to rid the region of criminals (he will tell you about the evil entity that is plaguing the region - equivalent of a Team Rocket). But he also sees potential in you.

The police chief will also give you insight into the latest experiment among the researchers: are some Pokemon inherently evil, or is it the trainers that instill evil behavior in them? The only way to answer this question is to have data on every Pokemon so various tests can be run. They have developed a Pokedex, and the chief thinks that you should be the one to capture and record the data. Since doing so will require you to travel all over the region, it will also provide the character with lots of field work (there will be many, in-depth, complex dealings with criminals, both individuals (a la the 'Dig' house robber in Cerulean city) and groups (Team Rocket equivalent, etc.).

Once you obtain every Pokemon for the researchers, you will be permitted for final testing, and should you pass, become a certified member of the force. The rationale behind the tough entry requirement is that the chief wants to challenge the first apprentice to obtain a shiny Growlithe (since he himself did, over 50 years ago), and wants to test your potential.

So essentially, the primary goal is to obtain all the species of the region, and to pass the final test and become a certified member of the police force. The secondary goals are to defeat the evil entities that exist in the region and to progress through the game by battling proven trainers/gym leaders/elite four. After all, a police officer should be able to hold his/her own with the best of 'em, right?

Side notes: Maybe there are 1 or 2 other apprentices that are given the same opportunity as you (i.e. rival(s)), but it kind of goes against the special job you have. Maybe the rivals are criminals instead, like the Red Haired rival in the Johto games.

Also, only some of the dealings with criminals would be part of the main quest, some will be side-quests triggered by talking to certain people or wandering into certain areas/buildings.

Thoughts?
Old March 7th, 2012, 02:23 AM
GoGoShinyDunsparce
And Flounderp too!

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiVamp View Post
I've got what I think is a pretty good idea but don't know what to do with it.... So here it is

Spoiler:

Pokemon Spliced Helix (working title)
Something is seriously wrong in the region of ..... . For some time now new trainers have been abandoning their starter pokemon in favour of level 3 rattata and magikarp that they easily caught in the grass and rivers near their home towns. To top it off, some wild pokemon have been exibiting signs of genetic mutations. Now it is your job as the youngest assistant of Prof Gary Oak to get to the bottom of this mystery and discover for yourself what went wrong.
New evil team, Team Gentos.
An unexpected legend joins your team.
Travel to the past!
Secret forest of shiny pokemon
Better prizes at the casino and the possibilty of a new/rigged game
New uniquly themed gyms - Fossil. Run by a succesful fossil maniac.
- Eevee-lution. Uses eeevee evolutions and the town has eevee as its mascot
- Chef. Uses pokemon that could be cooked. The gym is also a resturant.
Some Final Fantasy music and some unknown tracks
Team Helix
They don't want to take over the world or awaken any legendary pokemon for the purpose of destroying/recreating it. They don't even want to steal trainers pokemon. All they want is to conduct illegal pokemon experiments to create more powerful pokemon for a sinister purpose yet to be discovered.
Mewtwo
The original genetic experiment doesn't want to see any other pokemon go down the same path he did. The experimentation of pokemon is one thing he truely can't stand. So in order to put a stop to it, he joins up with the
hero. However he has been drained of much of his power and will need to regain it along the way.
Absolene
The newly discovered evoltion of Absol. Through evolution, Absol's natural powers to predict natural disasters have been honed to the point where it can predict unnatural disasters in the future and past as well with accuracy that rivals even the most powerful psychic types. They are extraordinarily long lived and it isn't uncommon to find one that has lived long enough to teach itself to speak human language. It is however very rare to see one as they tend to avoid human contact as a result of the negative feelings most humans tend to have towards them and Absols.
The Absolene working with Mewtwo originaly informed it of the looming disaster, but Mewtwo was uncertain of this strange news and decided to wait for events to unfold before making a move. During that time, Absolene lived on Mewtwo's island, avoiding Ash and his friends like the plague during their visit.
Celebi
This pokemon is well known for its ability to travel through time. It was summoned by Mewtwo to send our hero into the past in an attempt to stop these bazzare events from occuring.

What do you guys think?
I really like that idea, the starter pokemon being abandoned sounds really mysterious and I like the fact that Mewtwo is actually a part of the storyline. The first two gym ideas remind me of Brock and the Kimono Girls in GSC for some reason, but the third is really creative - and kind of creepy.
I do like to see the Pokemon League not being pushed completely to the sidelines though, but that's just my preference.
Old March 9th, 2012, 05:29 AM
tandon

Can anyone make a game where we travel from one region to another using pokemon black\white as a base? Is it possible ?
Old March 9th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Magic
Guardian of the Great Rift

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappayne View Post
I always have ideas floating around in my head, but the latest is as such: (Disclaimer I have never experimented with hacking and have no idea if this idea is at all feasible)

Spoiler:
...Instead of the classic kid/hero on a quest to collect badges... you are instead an apprentice about to begin training to become a member of the police force. You are the son/daughter of Officer Jenny, and it's time for you to wander into the forest behind the academy and find your very own Growlithe. It is staged that the first (and only) wild Growlithe you encounter is shiny. You are given a Pokeball beforehand, and the inevitable outcome is that you catch it.

You are returned to the academy where you show off your new partner in the fight against crime, and the officers present are astonished that yours is shiny. The police chief (taking the role of Professor Oak) requests to meet with you. You talk with him and he sees something in you: A desire to rid the region of criminals (he will tell you about the evil entity that is plaguing the region - equivalent of a Team Rocket). But he also sees potential in you.

The police chief will also give you insight into the latest experiment among the researchers: are some Pokemon inherently evil, or is it the trainers that instill evil behavior in them? The only way to answer this question is to have data on every Pokemon so various tests can be run. They have developed a Pokedex, and the chief thinks that you should be the one to capture and record the data. Since doing so will require you to travel all over the region, it will also provide the character with lots of field work (there will be many, in-depth, complex dealings with criminals, both individuals (a la the 'Dig' house robber in Cerulean city) and groups (Team Rocket equivalent, etc.).

Once you obtain every Pokemon for the researchers, you will be permitted for final testing, and should you pass, become a certified member of the force. The rationale behind the tough entry requirement is that the chief wants to challenge the first apprentice to obtain a shiny Growlithe (since he himself did, over 50 years ago), and wants to test your potential.

So essentially, the primary goal is to obtain all the species of the region, and to pass the final test and become a certified member of the police force. The secondary goals are to defeat the evil entities that exist in the region and to progress through the game by battling proven trainers/gym leaders/elite four. After all, a police officer should be able to hold his/her own with the best of 'em, right?

Side notes: Maybe there are 1 or 2 other apprentices that are given the same opportunity as you (i.e. rival(s)), but it kind of goes against the special job you have. Maybe the rivals are criminals instead, like the Red Haired rival in the Johto games.

Also, only some of the dealings with criminals would be part of the main quest, some will be side-quests triggered by talking to certain people or wandering into certain areas/buildings.

Thoughts?
I like the concept, however from what you've said so far there doesn't seem like much of a driving force - and filling a Pokédex (only to 150 I hope) is quite a tall order unless they're strategically placed. Perhaps, since they are cops, you could give the player a 'partner', who on occasion tops up your Pokédex (could you an element of random luck on which get added to the Pokédex). Rarer Pokémon sightings could come in the form of missions from either the police chief or from talking to/helping locals - as another way to filling in the dex rather than battling and/or running around searching hopelessly.

Perhaps it would also be more user-friendly if you were only required to see the Pokémon rather than capture them.

Sponsored Links