The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 4th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Roxasabridged
Lucariowner

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxasabridged

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerXNinjaX View Post
hmmm.......could be good.......very interesting.........how about, you have fight the other trainers ( red and blue if you are green)

That would be a good idea, I sorta gave a rough idea, so I didn't put a bunch of stuff down. I wouldn't be able to do it anyway...

because they try to stop you before you fight the other gym leaders. When you beat the imposters the real red and blue come in and ask you to find pokemon. They heal your pokemon and you beat koga, surge, and sabrina. They leave and give you the badges, saying that their pokemon were taken hostage by the leader, who turns out to be the current pokemon league champion.

Going by Manga storyline standards, It could be made Lance, being all evil and stuff.

You beat him and then bam! you beat the game or something else happens.

The Yellow saga!

Anyway, here's my idea-

NAME-Pokemon Gravity

LEGENDARY-Atmero ( a pokemon that resides in the center of the earth and can utilize both psychic, earth, flying, and ghost techniques. He is flying/psychic. His ability is called centerforce. Centerforce slows the opponents speed and reduces special attack.
He emerges whenever it wants through volcanoes and fissures. He has been sighted so few times that people dont beleive he exists, except for the people who saw him.)

A legendary with a decent ability... How about a signiture attack? A gravity based attack that could deal proportional damage and lower speed even more... But that could be overpowered...

LOCATION-unamed region to the north of jhoto. Lots of mountains, valleys, and caves.
There will be trips underwater. I really hope that a script to have people follow you will be found! Would be cool to have mabye brock with you.

You would need a good reason to have him there.

PLOT IDEAS-
#1- Recently, in underground caves, miners have found rooms with carvings in the wall depicting an ancient pokemon with a large, many-layered circle around him and large ancient math equations that are too complicated for scientists and mathematicians to understand. Team Galactic has linked the pictures with Atmero, and are racing to find it.

Didn't they disband? Or are they under new leadership?

Why? To force mankind off the earth by making it uninhabitable. They think that if they can control gravity, people will be more "supportive"(dont want to die!) and they will recieve world-wide support. A spy in Team Galactic has leaked the information to the major scientists in the world. Professor Elm reccomended you for the job, as you are his neice/nephew and live the closest to the most likely enterance to the caverns below.

He could at least send back up in the form of Gold, but Pokemon never made too much sense when having newbs confront legendaries...

Now, a race to the center of the earth begins!

ADD-ONS- #1 GEO-map (town map marking the best routes and caves in the region)

#2- starters are lightning, earth, and flying.

Unique choice. But does Earth pokemon exist? Don't you mean Ground?

#3- all new pokemon with jhoto pokemon. No Kanto pokemon because of a mountain ridge that prevents the migration into jhoto. Mabye 100-150 new. (I have a few freinds that would be willing to help. The pokemon wont suck or look weird.)
It would be hard finding something that isn't done, but this sounds great anyway. Better than mine.
Old March 4th, 2009, 06:58 PM
TrackerXNinjaX
Traveling Artist

Nature: Relaxed
How about...
Name:Atmero or a different name....Greis, Graveroux...
Lv. at which you catch him: 63?
Ability: Centerforce/Depression- allows a continuous build up of gravity, slowing and reducing opponent's speed, accuracy, and special attack, from start. Pokemon can not use fly.
Moves: G-Force( Waits one turn then attacks and doubles in damage each turn after, user cant use any other moves)
Psychic
Fly
Sky Blast(brings a column of air from the thermosphere down upon the opponent( 100 damage)

And yes I do mean ground.
Old March 9th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Modest
well, after working on a hack for a while i got bored and decided to make a new one!

IDEA:you're the son of lance. you have been chosen by the elder of blackthorn city (the elder dude from crystal) to start a journey and be the next big pkmn master. you are put through many trials. lance gives you a bagon and he tells you to go train at mt silver...

...you journey to the top of mount silver and witness an epic battle between red and a trainer (hiro/talor/gold) red pwns taylor wit charizard's hyperbeam and blast an exit to the other side of mt silver. red and taylor exits through the hole. you go through and see a stunning new region! a mountainous region, terra (or another name if already taken), is north of johto and will have many complex caves in you wake...

...you soon discover the history of terra and what lies underneath it...

...there will be badges and you will have to live up to your father's legacy!

...this is pokemon: Dragon Legacy!

would this be a good story? please reply

Aljam

PS: is claire related to lance? i'll also make it so you can journey back to johto and do the johto leage challenge. also you will have an older sister as a rival.

Last edited by Aljam; March 10th, 2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old March 9th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Ancalagon the black
map hacker extrodinare

you are an ordinary 13 year old that is starting out in the nationwide metroplex of sonaus. it is populated by gen 1, 2, and 3 pokemon. you start on your gym quest, but mid way thru it you start to learn that everything is not as clean and pretty as it seems. there is much corruption and behind the scenes evil. there is no one overriding team of villains, but each area will each have at least two gangs, but they wont be working together (or will they?). those wont be the only people to contend with, there will be individuals, vigilantes, freelance criminals, and also people who train pokemon for the same reason you do, just because.
FEATURES
-huge explorable areas (remember saffron's closed buildings, none of that)
-rich story line
-all pokemon obtainable
-lots of trainers
-weather of all sorts
-familar faces
-new region to explore
-POSSIBLE JOTHO ACCESS
-an encounter with DEATH (as a trainer)
-safe version of the original Idaho missingno (just for old times sakes)
-ledendary last battle with ASH and his pikachu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljam View Post

PS: is claire related to lance? because i think i might make claire lance's wife.
i seem to remember that they are related, i think they are siblings.

i have found a great rom site, here

o
ptimists see the glass as half full
pessimests as half empty...
i see it i think "im thirsty, ill drink this!"

Last edited by Ancalagon the black; March 9th, 2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
~Poke~
Hasn't played 5th gen yet.

Nature: Modest
Ok, I've got an awesome idea.

Pokemon: Rise of Magikarp

Quote:
Bulbapedia:It is believed that the ancestors of this Pokémon were much stronger than the Magikarp seen today, and this belief has led scientists to research this species.
One day, you turn 14 (yes, in this region it's 14) and get your first pokemon. Suddenly, a magikarp in a tank the professor is
studying breaks free using a move no-one has heard of. It then uses Hydro pump on you and the professor and you go unconscious.
You wake up, and the professor tells you that he's received phone calls reporting several similar cases. He sends you off to find
out what's happening to the Magikarp.

Is this good? How can I improve on it?

EDIT: Ok, it's been 4 days, I think I'll post this soon, regardless of being rated. Eleven and a half hours.

Last edited by ~Poke~; March 26th, 2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

I have some sort of plot line, I guess... but don't expect anything anytime soon. I can barely script, my mapping, while not bad, isn't good, and I can't make sprites to save my life.

Pokemon: Sinnoh Travesties!

Ten years after the events in Diamond/Pearl (Not Platnium), and the entire region of Sinnoh has been cut off from the outside world. No information has been passed from any of the other regions, and poverty increased. The league, utterly blind by this, doesn't do much about it, as they're busy with meetings with the foreign leagues. The ones causing this is known as 'The Blank Division'. They blocked off the information networks, and unless you are rich, you wouldn't have access to the internet. The Blank Division is a government agency that is dedicated to protect the interior of the region from threats like Team Galactic, but they were corrupted by Giratina, and blocked off the information network.

Meanwhile, Cyrus has escaped from jail and re-formed Team Galactic, and was able to successfully hide from the Blank Division, until about this time, when they made their re-appearance. His goal is about the same as last time.

But while that is going on, Giratina, jealous of Arceus, tries to break free from the Torn World, and destroy Sinnoh, and the world itself, using both the Blank Division, and Neo Galactic as puppets, as well as Darkrai.

All while going through the eight gyms... yes, they're still in this. After all, the Elite 4 think they're all okay.

I'm still working out kinks in this storyline.
Old April 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Sophidius
Need a storyline? PM me!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Marx... View Post
I have some sort of plot line, I guess... but don't expect anything anytime soon. I can barely script, my mapping, while not bad, isn't good, and I can't make sprites to save my life.

Ten years after the events in Diamond/Pearl (Not Platnium), and the entire region of Sinnoh has been cut off from the outside world. No information has been passed from any of the other regions, and poverty increased. The league, utterly blind by this, doesn't do much about it, as they're busy with meetings with the foreign leagues. The ones causing this is known as 'The Blank Division'. They blocked off the information networks, and unless you are rich, you wouldn't have access to the internet. The Blank Division is a government agency that is dedicated to protect the interior of the region from threats like Team Galactic, but they were corrupted by Giratina, and blocked off the information network.

Meanwhile, Cyrus has escaped from jail and re-formed Team Galactic, and was able to successfully hide from the Blank Division, until about this time, when they made their re-appearance. His goal is about the same as last time.

But while that is going on, Giratina, jealous of Arceus, tries to break free from the Torn World, and destroy Sinnoh, and the world itself, using both the Blank Division, and Neo Galactic as puppets, as well as Darkrai.

All while going through the eight gyms... yes, they're still in this. After all, the Elite 4 think they're all okay.

So you're saying Giratina made this all happen? Where? In another dimension?

Did you know that Mewtwo is actually a crossing between Marowak (Cubone's mother from Pokemon Tower) and Mew? O_o
Old April 7th, 2009, 12:22 PM
ckret2
usually pronounced "secret 2"

Send a message via AIM to ckret2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Marx... View Post

Interesting ideas, though quite a few questions rise up: why doesn't the league take notice of the fact that Sinnoh's being cut off? They're the closest thing to a "governing" body we've ever seen in a Pokémon game (even if they're basically a sporting organization), so they'd notice if thier whole region is being cut off. And if their region is cut off, how are they able to meet with foreign regions? Why are they meeting with foreign regions to begin with?

Of course, Giratina might be controlling the Pokémon League as well, since it seems to be controlling everything else as well.

I think, from this, that The Blank Division used to be the "good guys," but basically took over because of Giratina's influence, right? Or did Giratina come in later? The way you phrased this, it sounds they were fighting Team Galactic, and then Giratina corrupted them, and then Team Galactic was re-formed, and then Giratina escaped. Which would mean The Blank Division was fighting Team Galactic while Team Galactic didn't exist and it was corrupted by Giratina while Giratina was still trapped in the Torn World. Which doesn't make sense.

How is Giratina doing this controlling, by the way? Mind control? It's not a Psychic-type and doesn't seem to demonstrate mind-control powers, as far as I know. Why does it decide to use Blank Division and Neo Galactic as puppets anyway, and what does this puppeting involve? Causing them to fight each other and destroy the world themselves? Do any of them ever realize they're being controlled?

And, while this is a minor thing, it's probably worth pointing out: Cyrus never went to jail. In Diamond/Pearl he just... vanished, pretty much, promising to come back. He wasn't arrested. You could just have him in hiding for a while and then come out of hiding to re-form Team Galactic instead of escaping from jail, unless it's somehow important that he actually be arrested and jailed at some point in the ten-year gap between Diamond/Pearl and your hack.

Anyway, a lot of questions there. Maybe thinking about them will help you work out the kinks. (Or make them worse. ¬.¬ Eh, good luck.)

This one is my hack.

This one is the hack I part-time map for.

I got an Illumise?
Pretty awesome.
Glad I grabbed an egg I didn't recognize.
Old April 8th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckret2
I think, from this, that The Blank Division used to be the "good guys," but basically took over because of Giratina's influence, right? Or did Giratina come in later? The way you phrased this, it sounds they were fighting Team Galactic, and then Giratina corrupted them, and then Team Galactic was re-formed, and then Giratina escaped. Which would mean The Blank Division was fighting Team Galactic while Team Galactic didn't exist and it was corrupted by Giratina while Giratina was still trapped in the Torn World. Which doesn't make sense.

How is Giratina doing this controlling, by the way? Mind control? It's not a Psychic-type and doesn't seem to demonstrate mind-control powers, as far as I know. Why does it decide to use Blank Division and Neo Galactic as puppets anyway, and what does this puppeting involve? Causing them to fight each other and destroy the world themselves? Do any of them ever realize they're being controlled?

And, while this is a minor thing, it's probably worth pointing out: Cyrus never went to jail. In Diamond/Pearl he just... vanished, pretty much, promising to come back. He wasn't arrested. You could just have him in hiding for a while and then come out of hiding to re-form Team Galactic instead of escaping from jail, unless it's somehow important that he actually be arrested and jailed at some point in the ten-year gap between Diamond/Pearl and your hack.
1. They were created after Galactic was disbanded, and the Blank Division blocked off the region from the world.

2. Giratina is using Darkrai to corrupt their minds in their dreams, basically, since it is still trapped, and only other legends can get to where he is for most of the game, at least until its portal opens up. And at the end, one of the leaders of the Blank Division realises that he was being used, but doesn't care, and tries to kill you anyway. Giratina's manipulating the leaders to do his bidding, and it involved cutting off Sinnoh from the world.

3. It actually is kind of important for him to have been arrested, as then Galactic would disband for the first time, and allow the Blank Division to move around more.

4. The Elite 4 can leave, the leaders of the Blank Division won't stop them. And I guess they don't really notice because Giratina's influence blinds them to that fact. (Actually, technically it's Darkrai's influence) They're meeting with the foreign regions to make alliances with them, so the backlash from defeating a man with a lot of supporters doesn't tear them apart (Because there likely would be some), as well as to have support in case of some other threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophidius
So you're saying Giratina made this all happen? Where? In another dimension?
Yes, it and Darkrai. Giratina ordered Darkrai to influence specific people to do its bidding, and he's in the Torn World, only he can't get out of there.

I hope that answers your questions, I had a hard time getting a couple of them, but... I'm open for questions and ideas, for I'm still at that point... remember, don't expect anything for a long time.
Old April 9th, 2009, 06:27 AM
sweetcindersong
Beginning Trainer

You make a character and start off in a town called Chaojewel. Your mom tells you that Pokemon is available in Prof. Beech's lab. You get any pokemon you like even the Sinnoh ones. Get a pokemon and meet a trainer. They will be your partner for the rest of the game. Then, you go to the next town and you will see something gleaming. It is a Chaos Sapphire. Get the Sapphire and you'll meet the good Team Shadow against bad Team Flora. They will walk away letting you start your pokemon adventure with your partner.
Old April 10th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Joosh
Nooby ROM Hacker

Its time for you to set out on your own POKéMON journey from KAYO ISLE (your hometown). A journey that has long awaited you...

Its the big day. Your explained that OAK is currently on leave and his good friend LORELEI from the POKEMON LEAGUE. Has come to look after the lab. You receive your starter POKéMON and enjoy your first match against LORELEI and her KRABBY.

Not long into your adventure you come to the POKéSCI centre for Pokemon science. Team Rocket are there there holding hostages and attempting to steal... something?!

You defeat all of the ROCKET'S and the director explains about WHY they were there. You didn't know it but what he says just changed your life... forever.

Any comments?

Please don't take any ideas from my plot without permission.
Old April 12th, 2009, 11:51 AM
rednano12
Beginning Trainer

I was thinking of a plot based off of pokemon cruelty. You are a young kid in a town, and your mom leaves her purse by the lake. You go back and get it for her, but on the other side of the lake, you see some men and a few pokemon crying out in pain. You approach the men and see they have blood dripping down their faces. A wouned pokemon is by them. You rescue a pokemon from a cage near them and attack them. Outraged, someone(probly a mayor) sends a group of people to investigate.

I have a lot more, but its all spoilerified. Is this too dark and gory for a pokemon game?
Old April 12th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Rabbit Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednano12 View Post
I was thinking of a plot based off of pokemon cruelty. You are a young kid in a town, and your mom leaves her purse by the lake. You go back and get it for her, but on the other side of the lake, you see some men and a few pokemon crying out in pain. You approach the men and see they have blood dripping down their faces. A wouned pokemon is by them. You rescue a pokemon from a cage near them and attack them. Outraged, someone(probly a mayor) sends a group of people to investigate.

I have a lot more, but its all spoilerified. Is this too dark and gory for a pokemon game?
I think Pokemon could stand being made 'darker and edgier' - I mean, Pokemon battling is essentialy similar to dog fights. But you have to be careful in how you do it, or you enter cliche land.

First, everyone knows that ANIMAL CRUELTY IS BAD. That shouldn't be your story's main focus. It's almost redundant. If your plotline involves the protagonist chasing after villains who mindlessly torture innocent fluffy creatures, there's no value in it. The trick is in finding something ambiguous in it, something with two sides. For instance, the fine line between 'Pokemon cruelty' and 'Pokemon as working animals'. You could show the transition in stages: dog-type Pokemon being used for hunting, dairy Miltank being kept in crowded conditions, Rapidash being whipped, Ursaring at the carnivals, Torchic in rooster-fights.

Second, there's the issue of Pokemon battling as being rather cruel. If you leave it out, the gameplay collapses, but if you don't explain it in some way, the player is sure to notice the double standard - so it's wrong for the villains to keep Pokemon in small cages, but alright for the hero to keep them in small balls? And isn't it wrong to make Pokemon fight each other for sport?

Third, there's the cliche around abused Pokemon that they will form an immediate, super-strong bond with their rescuer. In fact, the most logical thing for it to do when released is high-tail it into the forest. Why should it expect anything good from you?An abused Pokemon should have a fear of people and take a long time to get used to being handled by an owner.

So...I don't really know. I'd like to hear the rest of the storyline, though.

dreaming again
of a train track ending at the edge of the sea
Old April 13th, 2009, 04:47 PM
rednano12
Beginning Trainer

Thanks for the reply! That gave me a lot to think about. In case anyone cares, the idea originally came from an annoying meme that is rampaging around the interwebz about a blue amphibian pokemon... <.< I imagined a guy who was eating a mudkip and offering the trainer a piece stating well... (So I heard you like mudkips?) *shot repeatedly*

A few ideas I had were also similar to the lines of what you stated (slaves) but it just didn't seem that appealing to me. I liked the idea of fighting the evil people directly. I also had this as an idea for the bad guys. They are not randomly killing fluffy animals. Pokemon hurt humans too.

Wall-o-Text!

Spoiler:
The bad guys come from outside (some other region) where pokemon do not exist. They believe in human superiority and wish to eradicate lower life forms so they will thrive. Unfortunately, their idea is not popular at all. Coincidentally, a few years later, large quantities of food start to go bad. This group stands up and says that the only way that humans will survive is too eat the Pokemon. They get into power, but since you disagree with them, you are sent as an outcast. You then go out and help save some pokemon and taking them to safe places. You meet up with some other people and start to get power back. Infiltrate the lairs of the main authorities, and replace them with the Pokemon loving friends that you have made.
Old April 14th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Sophidius
Need a storyline? PM me!

Nature: Quiet
How about you're a trainer in the Ridanto (or Adorou) region. You're 14 years old and you get to recieve your first Pokemon in Smallwood Village, thrash about 8 Gyms and the Pokeleague, etc., etc. Meanwhile, the evil Team Rodent is looking for world domination. This is the main idea: They want to combine the power of both Giratina and Darkrai to literally make their dreams come true. Therefore they use Darkrai's power to create a dream and Giratina to create a dimension to make it come true.

Do not steal or copy this idea without my permission.

Did you know that Mewtwo is actually a crossing between Marowak (Cubone's mother from Pokemon Tower) and Mew? O_o
Old April 15th, 2009, 05:08 PM
realaregula
Hacker in Training

My idea is based around some of the glitches from the original R/B/Y games, specifically Glitch City and the Pokemon Missingno.
I call it POKEMON PIXEL. For some reason.

You start out in Johto a young trainer, just getting your first pokemon from neighbor Professor Elm. You've got one major goal- to discover the legendary 'glitch pokemon' Missingo. Your father was a scientist who went missing searching for the glitch on Mt. Silver, and by completing his research, you hope to find out what became of him.
Along the way, you take the pokemon gym challenge, and stop Team Rocket Blast, a fusion of the disbanded Team Rocket and the Team Galactic introduced at Stark Mountain in Pokemon Platinum. Team RB wants to find and harness the glitch pokemon for their energy, which they plan to use in a plan of global economic conquest.
This game takes place about 5 years after G/S/C and D/P/P (which I always group as happening around the same time), and therefore is about 8 years after R/B/Y.

The setting would be a Johto/Kanto combination region, with the climax of the game taking place on Mt. Silver and Glitch City, which would be an actual location in-game instead of a real glitch. Following the completion of the main plot, you would be able to go to the Sevii Islands and take part in the Island League, based off of the Orange Island tournament in the anime.
Gym leaders and settings would be a bit different due to the time gap.
A simple example, Janine would be the Fuchsia City Gym Leader, like in G/S/C, and Koga would be on the Elite Four.
A more radical example would be Blaine's retirement from the Cinnabar Island Gym, which has been taken over by his granddaughter, Cora.

As of right now, I've only got a rough idea of what I want to do with the storyline, and even less of an idea how to actually pull this off. I know there's probably issues in there with the story, and there are certain parts that I'm a bit clueless about.
Like...who would be leading TRB? And would they need a better name? What exactly are their evil plans? Who is your rival, and what is their history with you, if there is any? Would other glitches be wild pokemon in Glitch City? Could you catch the glitches?

Well, tell me what you think. What's good, what's bad, what you'd like to see if I can actually do this, etc. I like constructive criticism.
Old April 15th, 2009, 07:25 PM
PBFHDude
Fire Type Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PBFHDude
I just wanna c wat people think of this idea

Pokémon

Basic Info
Name: Pokémon
Code base: Pokémon Fire Red (U) [BPRE]
Date started: April 16 2009
Creator: PBFHDude
Language: English

Features
New Region Spriteria (Name may be Changed)
251 Pokémon (Kanto & Johto)
16 New Pokémon
New Hero/Heroine
New Rival (Member of Team Heartless)
New story
New Team Heartless (Name may be Changed)
New Legendary (No name yet but is a Dark/Fire type)
New Charmeleon evolution

Story
3 months earlier... Youre a 16 years old and birthday and your older brother Noah gives you your first Pokémon which is a Charmeleon before he leaves on his Pokémon journey.

Present day... Its been 2 months without contact from Noah and you and your family are getting worried, one day on your way back home from Station Town a guy in a red and black uniform comes approaches you. He offers to sell you a Gym badge case, when see it you recognise it as the badge case Noah took with him, you grab it and try to question him but he sends out a Seadra who uses smokescreen and he gets away. You run home and your mum calls officer Jenny, when you tell Jenny everything she and the police team go to investigate. Even more worrying pokemon have been going missing and dangerous hybrids have been appering. Unable to do nothing you go to try and find Noah yourself collecting badges to fill the case on the way, you and your trusty Charmeleon go in search for Noah across the region of Spriteria to find Noah and find out whats happening to the pokemon!

Last edited by PBFHDude; April 21st, 2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old April 19th, 2009, 06:33 AM
uchiha sasuke
I'm glad I'm one of them!

made a journey in all 4 regions (kanto, johto, hoenn, sinnoh)
Your goal is to get 8 badges and win the elite 4 in all regions (each one seperately)
You always get a starter, as soon as you reach a new region.
You cannot use your pokemon from a previous region, unless you reach the pokemon league, where you are allowed to call 2 pokemon from your previous squad to help you.

* all pokemon will be catchable.
* the gameplay will be the well-known versions of red, gold, saphire, diamond mixed together.
After you beat all four regions, you have the chance to go to the battle frontier (exactly the same as emerald version)
There you can call up all your previously owned pokemon.
Once you won all pokemon leagues, they will be automatically updated (higher level oppenents) so you can train there before getting to the battle frontier if you want.

Each region will have its rival + a standard rival which will follow you everywhere (like Gary-when he gets to a new region, he cannot call up his old pokemon)

The reason why I am interested in creating such a hack rom is because I want something that will last a long time.
Wait for your comments.
If anyone else is also should reply here (we can only include 3 regions if you prefer)
Old April 19th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Pkmnhack
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Pkmnhack
I’ve got an idea about a Legendary garden, you start out in a plane, you land in pridosa town... from there your dad asks you to come inside because its raining, when you go inside you see a large house, after some moderate small talk you are asked to design your room. You can make it just the way you want. Then your dad finds you playing with your new Nintendo Virtue, a game system that I made up. He asks you to go to the neighboring town and buy some groceries for his new Pokémon farm. You begin your trek on route 187, there are allot of Pokémon, to keep you safe your dad has left you with his trusty pure breed treeko. And soon you are at the neighboring town of Varidna Falls. It’s a large city; your character looks around to take in the large buildings and the many shops. But you notice the odd purple mist shrowding the outskirts of the city. Just as soon as he noticed the mist he had been over run by human like things in black jumpsiuts. With no money, no Pokémon, and a sharp stinging pain over his left temple, you black out. You wake up; there are alot of people standing around you with gifts, cards, and flowers. you begin to remember what hapended, but you take a second look around, those 'people' arent people theyre pokemon, legendarys to be exact. So now you’re stuck on a mystic island, surounded by pokemon that make your treeko look like a pea, no idea were you are, you’re stuck on the legendary island.

Characters that have been mentioned
You- a teenage boy/girl
Your dad Paul- A 25 year old single man
All of the legendary Pokémon- they have not yet been discovered (or they can be the children IDK YET...)

Not mentioned characters
Mom- is the elite four champions
Breeding assistant twins Kerry and Kammy- Paul’s not so secret lovers

Seven of the not special gym leaders
1- Manny- the Ghost trainer
2- Wilma- the Steel/ Rock trainer
3- Norman (from honen)- Normal trainer
4- Derik- the Ice/Water trainer
5- Paige- the Poison/Dark trainer
6- Burney- the Fire trainer
8- KK & Karen- Grass trainers

Spatial gym leader
7- If you’re playing as a boy her name and type is – Nina- the Physic trainer, if you’re playing as a girl than his name is Nikko- the fighting trainer

Other trainer categories
Cool trainer, bug catcher, physic, maiden, old man/women/old couple tag battle, young couple, scientist, professors, bird tamers, messengers, rangers, ninjas, knights, Draco trainers, and many, many more!!!
Old April 19th, 2009, 12:09 PM
ckret2

Interesting ideas! I like the concept. And the mental image of a bunch of legendaries standing around you with gifts, cards, flowers etc. is hilarious. Between the legendaries and the father with two lovers and his kid's mom off somewhere else, sounds like this will be quite humorous along with being an intriguing plot. There's only one detail that you should probably think about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkmnhack View Post
You- a teenage boy/girl
Your dad Paul- A 25 year old single man
Even if we take "teenage" to mean the youngest teen possible, a 13-year-old, Paul would have to have been 12 when the player was born, and possibly even 11 when he impregnated the player's mother. Teen parents aren't exactly uncommon--and considering that Paul has two not so secret lovers separate from the player's mother, I'm guessing a teen parent wouldn't be taboo in your game. But, a preteen parent is very unusual. Unless you really want Paul to have been a 12-year-old or younger dad (which would be something you'd want to reflect somehow in his characterization), you might want to change an age. You could either make the player the "normal" age for a Pokémon player, 10-ish, so that Paul could be 15 when the player was born; or, you could make Paul a few years older, 29 or 30, so that he could be 16 or 17 when the player was born.

I'm also wondering about why you'd need to make two different gym leaders based off of the player's gender. Is it something like R/S/E, where if you play as male, then May is a rival, and if you play as female, then Brendan is a rival? Because if Nina/Nikko served as an ongoing rival, acting as the character that you didn't choose, her/his alternate genders would make more sense. But if she/he is a character that you only run into once, just to get a badge, then giving her/him a variable gender and Pokémon type wouldn't make as much sense, since it wouldn't really have any long-term effect on the game.

This one is my hack.

I got an Illumise?
Pretty awesome.
Old April 19th, 2009, 03:54 PM
PBFHDude
Fire Type Trainer

[QUOTE=ckret2;4561496]Interesting ideas! I like the concept. And the mental image of a bunch of legendaries standing around you with gifts, cards, flowers etc. is hilarious. Between the legendaries and the father with two lovers and his kid's mom off somewhere else, sounds like this will be quite humorous along with being an intriguing plot. There's only one detail that you should probably think about:

Even if we take "teenage" to mean the youngest teen possible, a 13-year-old, Paul would have to have been 12 when the player was born, and possibly even 11 when he impregnated the player's mother. Teen parents aren't exactly uncommon--and considering that Paul has two not so secret lovers separate from the player's mother, I'm guessing a teen parent wouldn't be taboo in your game. But, a preteen parent is very unusual. Unless you really want Paul to have been a 12-year-old or younger dad (which would be something you'd want to reflect somehow in his characterization), you might want to change an age. You could either make the player the "normal" age for a Pokémon player, 10-ish, so that Paul could be 15 when the player was born; or, you could make Paul a few years older, 29 or 30, so that he could be 16 or 17 when the player was born.[QUOTE=ckret2;4561496]

Dude has a point however i live in england and we recently had a 13 year old dad.

Click to go to my sprite thread

Awesome pic by ~.:Northern Lights:.~

Old April 19th, 2009, 04:09 PM
ckret2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFHDude View Post
Dude has a point however i live in england and we recently had a 13 year old dad.
Yeah, I didn't say that it doesn't happen. Heck, I've seen 12-year-old girls get pregnant. But just because it can happen doesn't mean it's normal. If a guy has a kid when he's a teen, that alone would do a lot to change his life--assuming he doesn't abandon the kid (and Paul apparently doesn't), he'll be spending his high school years taking care of a baby. If a guy has a kid when he's still a kid himself? That'll affect his whole life, and a whole lot of his personality, too.

The way the original poster just mentioned the ages so casually, I figured he hadn't stopped to think that 25-year-old dad + teenage child = father at 12. It's not impossible, but it's not something that you can just drop into a story without considering the ramifications on the characters' personalities and their lives.

... What does living in England have to do with the age of dads?

This one is my hack.

I got an Illumise?
Pretty awesome.
Old April 20th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Rabbit Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFHDude View Post
Story

3 months earlier... Youre a 16 year old Pokémon trainer who has just returned from competing in the Pokémon League. Its your little brother Noahs tenth birthday and you give him his first Pokémon which is a shiny Charmander (that you caught for him on the way back from the Pokémon League) so he can start his Pokémon journey.

Present day... Its been 2 months without contact from Noah and you and your family are getting worried, one day on your way back home from Station Town a guy in a red and black uniform comes approaches you. He offers to sell you a Gym badge case, when see it you recognise it as the badge case your mum gave Noah for his birthday, you grab it and try to question him but he sends out a Seadra who uses smokescreen and he gets away. You run home and your mum calls officer Jenny, when you tell Jenny everything she and the police team go to investigate. Unable to do nothing you go to try and find Noah yourself collecting badges to fill the case on the way, you and your trusty Charmeleon go in search for Noah across the region of Spriteria!
There's one part of your story that doesn't make sense. (Aside from the fact that Charizard isn't found in the wild.) If the protagonist has already defeated the League, why is he going out for badges? Shouldn't all his Pokemon be super strong? There's no point in starting at the end of the story, as it were.

Without that, your storyline is pretty bare - go and find your little brother Noah. And, of course, pick up badges on the way. It needs some fleshing out. If the ending is nothing more than Noah being rescued and the baddies ending up in jail, it's going to fall flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkmnhack View Post
I’ve got an idea about a Legendary garden, you start out in a plane, you land in pridosa town... from there your dad asks you to come inside because its raining, when you go inside you see a large house, after some moderate small talk you are asked to design your room. You can make it just the way you want. Then your dad finds you playing with your new Nintendo Virtue, a game system that I made up. He asks you to go to the neighboring town and buy some groceries for his new Pokémon farm. You begin your trek on route 187, there are allot of Pokémon, to keep you safe your dad has left you with his trusty pure breed treeko. And soon you are at the neighboring town of Varidna Falls. It’s a large city; your character looks around to take in the large buildings and the many shops. But you notice the odd purple mist shrowding the outskirts of the city. Just as soon as he noticed the mist he had been over run by human like things in black jumpsiuts. With no money, no Pokémon, and a sharp stinging pain over his left temple, you black out. You wake up; there are alot of people standing around you with gifts, cards, and flowers. you begin to remember what hapended, but you take a second look around, those 'people' arent people theyre pokemon, legendarys to be exact. So now you’re stuck on a mystic island, surounded by pokemon that make your treeko look like a pea, no idea were you are, you’re stuck on the legendary island.
If everything up until blacking out and waking up is one long cutscene, I think it can be safely cut out. Is it really significant that the protagonist arrives on a plane? Or that he likes to play on his Nintendo?

I'm intrigued about where the story goes from that point. Why are there gym leaders on the island?

dreaming again
of a train track ending at the edge of the sea

Last edited by Rabbit; April 20th, 2009 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:23 PM
cuplampghosthunt
<--I don't know what this is

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
One day, you turn 14 (yes, in this region it's 14) and get your first pokemon. Suddenly, a magikarp in a tank the professor is
studying breaks free using a move no-one has heard of. It then uses Hydro pump on you and the professor and you go unconscious.
You wake up, and the professor tells you that he's received phone calls reporting several similar cases. He sends you off to find
out what's happening to the Magikarp.

Is this good? How can I improve on it?

EDIT: Ok, it's been 4 days, I think I'll post this soon, regardless of being rated. Eleven and a half hours.
This sounds like a really cool hack. It would be awesome if you replaced all the empty pokemon spaces in the ROM with different types of magikarp, like a giant fire-breathing magikarp or a magikarp with arms and legs that can beat up its foes. I wish you the best of luck.

Quote:
Pokemon Chaos Sapphire

You make a character and start off in a town called Chaojewel. Your mom tells you that Pokemon is available in Prof. Beech's lab. You get any pokemon you like even the Sinnoh ones. Get a pokemon and meet a trainer. They will be your partner for the rest of the game. Then, you go to the next town and you will see something gleaming. It is a Chaos Sapphire. Get the Sapphire and you'll meet the good Team Shadow against bad Team Flora. They will walk away letting you start your pokemon adventure with your partner.
I'm sorry but this story just sounds really generic. What sets it apart from other games? Does it have new pokemon? Cool features? An epic storyline? What?

Anyway, my idea for a game would be an affectionate parody of the Pokemon games, one that makes fun of all the aspects of the games. Like maybe you go into somebody's house and they call the cops on you for breaking and entering, or you try to fight against Team Rocket so you run into Silph Co. with all six of your pokemon and get shot within five seconds. It could also have some dialogue changed, like making fun of how you can't get past rocks or trees in the games by having something like a pencil blocking your way and you can't get by. Maybe an ice path where instead of sliding on ice you have to wear socks and the floor of the cave is newly cleaned linoleum. Whaddya think of that? (I've already got three ideas for a hack that I'm more eager to make then this one, anyone who like this idea can just take it and make a game based on it.)
Old April 21st, 2009, 07:35 AM
PBFHDude
Fire Type Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
There's one part of your story that doesn't make sense. (Aside from the fact that Charizard isn't found in the wild.) If the protagonist has already defeated the League, why is he going out for badges? Shouldn't all his Pokemon be super strong? There's no point in starting at the end of the story, as it were.

Without that, your storyline is pretty bare - go and find your little brother Noah. And, of course, pick up badges on the way. It needs some fleshing out. If the ending is nothing more than Noah being rescued and the baddies ending up in jail, it's going to fall flat.

If everything up until blacking out and waking up is one long cutscene, I think it can be safely cut out. Is it really significant that the protagonist arrives on a plane? Or that he likes to play on his Nintendo?

I'm intrigued about where the story goes from that point. Why are there gym leaders on the island?
K fair enough uve got a point. i guess it needs some work. io just wanted to try out an idea. if uve got a way i could improve this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the feedback.

Click to go to my sprite thread

Awesome pic by ~.:Northern Lights:.~

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here