The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2009, 07:08 PM
kangman
Beginning Trainer

well... this is my idea.... i was thinking putting type-moon characters (touhou project, fate stay night and tsukihime <- has to have evos... (eg. chibi saber->saber with no armor->saber with armor/air sword->saber with excalibur (stone evo)) ) instead of the actual pokemon itself.... with fate stay night story line...

btw i just recently got into moemon (pokemon + moe) and touhoumon (touhou project characters replacing pokemon with the original firered storyline) <- gave me the idea...

so normal pokemon really gets boring now... youtube/google touhoumon or moemon if you want to know....

one more thing fakemons (unless they are anime/game (this does not include south park since it isnt anime) characters) arent really my types... which discourages me to play the game by billion light years...

this is just an idea i doubt that it will be made... hopefully someone will be kind enough just to make an ips of it like moemon (just changing the sprites and names like touhoumon)
Old April 21st, 2009, 07:58 PM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Rabbit Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFHDude View Post
K fair enough uve got a point. i guess it needs some work. io just wanted to try out an idea. if uve got a way i could improve this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the feedback.
Alright. Now it's looking like a standard Pokemon game with a parallel plot of looking for your brother, the way other games have you battle a Team X. And there are hybrids involved...personally, I'm not enthusiastic about using genetic modification as a plot point because "Clones Are Bad" has been used to death and the science behind it is never accurate, but if it ties into the plot in a way that makes sense, there's no harm in it.

If the protagonist keeps in touch with the police, that could be used to direct the player through the plot line - for instance, an Officer Jenny shows up in a city and tells you to turn left instead of right, or even backtrack, to pick up on the kidnappers' trail. The plot is still only sketched, though. A lot depends on how the player interacts with the plot and what happens at the end.

I'm curious, why did Noah get kidnapped? Is he being held for ransom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangman View Post
well... this is my idea.... i was thinking putting type-moon characters (touhou project, fate stay night and tsukihime <- has to have evos... (eg. chibi saber->saber with no armor->saber with armor/air sword->saber with excalibur (stone evo)) ) instead of the actual pokemon itself.... with fate stay night story line...

btw i just recently got into moemon (pokemon + moe) and touhoumon (touhou project characters replacing pokemon with the original firered storyline) <- gave me the idea...

so normal pokemon really gets boring now... youtube/google touhoumon or moemon if you want to know....

one more thing fakemons (unless they are anime/game (this does not include south park since it isnt anime) characters) arent really my types... which discourages me to play the game by billion light years...

this is just an idea i doubt that it will be made... hopefully someone will be kind enough just to make an ips of it like moemon (just changing the sprites and names like touhoumon)
Oh my gosh, so that's what they're called. Chibi Pokemon anthros...so cute! This needs to be exploited.

If I knew the first thing about coding I would definitely start working on this. It would really spice up the games. I can see two issues, though. One - every species would have to be drawn twice, because of gender differences, unless the sprites could be drawn in a way that leaves their gender ambiguous. Second - moemons look an awful lot like little people. Some players might be struck by the morality of capturing the little beasts and bending them to their will. On the other hand, as long as the game continues to treat them as animals, players might just accept that moemons aren't any more human than Pokemon are.

...Forget what I just said. There are no problems. They're so adorable that all objections just melt away.

Edit: Looks like you're not the first with the idea, Kangman. An English Moemon patch can be found using Google.

dreaming again
of a train track ending at the edge of the sea

Last edited by Rabbit; April 21st, 2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 12:43 AM
kangman
Beginning Trainer

well.. thats true cause i found around 4 english ones on youtube... but what im now looking for is the latest touhoumon patch... btw gijinka is the name for things like moemon...
Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:19 AM
PBFHDude
Fire Type Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PBFHDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Alright. Now it's looking like a standard Pokemon game with a parallel plot of looking for your brother, the way other games have you battle a Team X. And there are hybrids involved...personally, I'm not enthusiastic about using genetic modification as a plot point because "Clones Are Bad" has been used to death and the science behind it is never accurate, but if it ties into the plot in a way that makes sense, there's no harm in it.

If the protagonist keeps in touch with the police, that could be used to direct the player through the plot line - for instance, an Officer Jenny shows up in a city and tells you to turn left instead of right, or even backtrack, to pick up on the kidnappers' trail. The plot is still only sketched, though. A lot depends on how the player interacts with the plot and what happens at the end.

I'm curious, why did Noah get kidnapped? Is he being held for ransom?
Thanks for the new feedback. The hybrids aren't exactly gonna be bad, the reason they're dangerous is because they cant control their powers. You will be able to catch and train them.

I like your idea of working along with the police if you dont mind i'd like to use it.

Not completly desided on why he was kidnapped but it will probably have something to do with him having something or knowing something the bad guys need.

Click to go to my sprite thread

Awesome pic by ~.:Northern Lights:.~

Old May 9th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Ace_McPhail
Dancing Mad

Nature: Quirky
This is my hack idea:

You have just moved in to the snowy Neohh region from the Othoj and you are still getting used to this place. But something seems very familiar about the region's leader, Anita Rigg. You brush it aside as just a coincedence, but you are not wrong. Then strange things start happening as you start to become a trainer. Unexplained pokemon sightings, whole cities becoming warped and altered and the rules of time and space being destroyed as wholes to other places and times start appearing.
Why is this happening?
Who is Anita Rigg and why is she familiar?
Can you still manage to become a Pokemon Master?

... Well that's I've got so far. Any comments/suggestions?
Thanks in advance

- Ace_McPhail

Name: Ace
Hometown: Olivine city
Region: Johto
Pokemon:
Typhlosion
Blaziken
Sazandora
Kyurem
Groudon
Porygon Z
Old May 9th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Sophidius
Need a storyline? PM me!

Nature: Quiet
This is my idea for a hack. Do not steal it.

In Pokemon FD you play a 14-year old boy (or girl) who is Joy's son (or daughter) and who sets off for an ordinary Pokemon adventure in which he wants to become a Pokemon Master. When you enter a forest you encounter a Celebi. Curious, you advance forward to it, but it flies away from you. At last the Celebi is trapped in a dead end and when it has no other way out it zaps you back to the same town, but then 40 years earlier. In the village you see the entire Joy family (including your mother) and you see they all have names, called by their grandmother. Then, when the grandma calls them all Joys stand up and move inside after their grandmother. However, there is one girl who stays behind. She, spotting you walks towards and even through you (you're a ghost) and sees a Celebi. that's when Celebi zaps you back to the present. Throughout the hack there'll be more of these flashbacks and at the end even a flashforward to the future. Also, you'll get to know Team Xenos, an apparently very advanced evil crime syndicate.

PAY ATTENTION NOW! THIS IS HIGHLY SECRET!
When Celebi's sent you to the future you wake up there in a hi-tech hideout of a team called the Opposers. They say they've saved you from the evil clutches of Team Xenos and that the memories you have of your "present" are FALSE. Team Xenos has erased your own memories and replaced them with those of your journey to become a Pokemon Master. However, deep inside you've always known that your memories were an illusion. In the real world you're actually already the Champion of the region and you've already saved the world several times. Recently you've saved the world from a Deoxys invasion. When you know your true identity you learn that Team Xenos is the same Team Xenos as the one from the "present". That explains the advancedness of the syndicate. You also learn that their leader is about to release Aeclypses, a devastating Pokemon who'll destroy Arceus and his world and create his own world without Pokemon. You realize that this is wrong and try to prevent it from happening by... To be continued...

CHANGE

It’s the most important thing in the world…

It causes chaos to turn to tidiness…

It causes life to turn to death…

It causes everything to turn to nothing…

But most of all…

It’s inevitable…

POKEMON FD: FINAL DESTINATION

“Where does everything end?”

COMING SOON

Did you know that Mewtwo is actually a crossing between Marowak (Cubone's mother from Pokemon Tower) and Mew? O_o
Old May 11th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Ace_McPhail
Dancing Mad

Could someone rate me and sophidius' plot's please? It feels a bit lonely in here. D:

- Ace_McPhail

PS. Please don't delete this for being a bump.
PSPS. I like your story sophidius . I'm a big fan of bad stuff happening with time and space

Name: Ace
Hometown: Olivine city
Region: Johto
Pokemon:
Typhlosion
Blaziken
Sazandora
Kyurem
Groudon
Porygon Z
Old May 11th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
I loved the story of sophidius..i know more of the story then all of you...and they are good..
9/10

Old May 26th, 2009, 01:01 PM
FANOFFIRESTARTERS!!!
Call me FOFS

My idea isn't much, but you make up the rest.... pokemon are being turned into XD pokemon (unpurifiable shadow pokemon) and you must stop it.

I have all the Pokemon sprites from 1-151 already changed.....Pm me to continue this idea with me :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XD.JPG‎ (220.7 KB, 40 views) (Save to Dropbox)

1Venusaur 2Charizard 3Blastoise
4Butterfree 5Beedrill 6Pidgeot
7Raticate 8Fearow 9Arbok
10Raichu 11Sandslash 12Nidoqueen 13Nidoking
14Clefable 15Ninetales 16Wigglytuff 17Golbat
18Vileplume 19Parasect 20Venomoth
21Dugtrio 22Persian 23Golduck
24Primeape 25Arcanine 26Poliwrath
27Alakazam 28Machamp 29Victreebel
30Tentacruel 31Golem 32Rapidash
33Slowbro 34Magneton 35Farfetch'd 36Dodrio 37Dewgong 38Muk
39Cloyster 40Gengar 41Onix
42Hypno 43Kingler 44Electrode
45Exeggutor 46Marowak 47Hitmonlee
48Hitmonchan 49Lickitung 50Weezing
51Rhydon 52Chansey 53Tangela
54Kangaskhan 55Seadra 56Seaking 57Starmie 58Mr. Mime
59Scyther 60Jynx 61Electabuzz 62Magmar 63Pinsir 64Tauros
65Gyarados 66Lapras 67Ditto 68Vaporeon 69Jolteon
70Flareon 71Porygon 72Omastar 73Kabutops
74Aerodactyl 75Snorlax 76Articuno 77Zapdos
78Moltres 79Dragonite 80Mewtwo 81Mew
Old May 31st, 2009, 10:29 PM
Wiimeiser
Beginning Trainer

Sorry for the rushed image, but I think a hack set on two chains of islands would work. Chains of islands similar to the Sevii Islands, But you can walk and surf between them.
There are two chains- one with bridges joining most of the islands, the other without. You can travel between the two chains by surfing. There will be a variety of islands, including normal, jungle, tropical, desert, FR/LG safari zone, arctic, city, and a volcano. One particular island will have a HUGE waterfall almost a map tall. But these are just my ideas.
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon Region.png‎ (33.6 KB, 18 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old June 2nd, 2009, 03:07 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANOFFIRESTARTERS!!! View Post
My idea isn't much, but you make up the rest.... pokemon are being turned into XD pokemon (unpurifiable shadow pokemon) and you must stop it.

I have all the Pokemon sprites from 1-151 already changed.....Pm me to continue this idea with me :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I can help with the idea, Team Azure Darkness has created a machine that is affecting pokemon all over the world, wild and caught. You live in the little town of Gensville and you notice your dear little charmander has gone missing, you go to look for it. You eventually find it, but it's covered it darkness and attacks you. You see a nearby pokeball and throw it, and when it hits the charmander, the darkness is freed and your charmander is captured by you. now, you must find the source that is making pokemon everywhere go mad.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 04:48 AM
KhaoticHeart
Chaos Orange is in development

Send a message via Yahoo to KhaoticHeart
Okay, I know I'm new but try to follow me. My hack is going to be called Chaos Orange. Its a hack of Fire Red, but that irrelevant. The story starts in Pallet Town 10 years after your father, the old Elite Four champ, has disappeared. And you start your journey in order to find him. But thats not all. Three years after he left a new group called the Kanto Reformation Alliance appeared on the scene and after a quick rise to power they began to change Kanto. They disbanded the Pokemon League, so this means there are no gym badges to collect. And no badges means that higher level pokemon wont obey! But some people saw through their plans and formed the Conservation Rebellion. They set up secret gyms and hand out badges to their members so that they can defeat the KRA. Yet between these two are the still crazy antics of Team Rocket. But you don't care about either side (initially) and will do whatever it takes to find your father. But this is just the tip of the Iceberg!!! There are still plenty of twist and turns planned.

What do you think?
Old June 2nd, 2009, 07:11 AM
The Ominous Plains
I'll make Userbars for You!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Ominous Plains
My idea is pokemon Journies: Eevee Edition (i'm working on a better name, sorry)

It starts in a new region south of, but in a brand new, ranch like town solocaen that is famous for breeding Eevee's. The town is famous becuase of Eevee's highh demand they don't roam in the wild anymore.
Basically you and your best friend decide to go see the Eevee eggs before they hatch but you witness a sillouette of some people snatching all but two of the eggs.
You tell the Head of the Town and he says it could be one of 5 groups.
It could be the

Since you and Your best friend (Rival) are the most promising Breeders you are given the eggs sent out on your own adventure to work through a the region to find out who it was.
------------------Notes----------------------
I also pokemon sprite so i can make some new types of eevee.
At the end you can breed your Eevee with other Eevees back at the ranch so you can get all of them.
I'll also make a legendary Eevee and add a few other legendaries into the game.
The pokemon will be D/P/Pl S/G/C R/S/E
----------------------problem-------------------
i dont acctually hack this is an idea, please give tips and CC
----------------------sprites---------------------------
Coming soon!

Last edited by The Ominous Plains; June 3rd, 2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 04:30 AM
Bulbasaur!
Beginning Trainer

Player hates dad, who is Team X's admin.
Player's mom is the elite four leader.
Player runs away from home.
Player gets attacked by Pokemon.
Player is saved by Rival.
Player gets Pokemon from Rival.
Player runs further from home.
Player vows to end dad's evil deeds.
Player trains Pokemon.
Player fights gyms.
Player beats all gyms.
Player finds out that Team X is going to mutate Pokemon.
Player confronts dad.
Player beats dad.
Player's Dad gives up and becomes good.
Player and Dad fight Team X's Boss.
Player and Dad lose pathetically.
Player's dad gives up on Pokemon.
Player borrows Dad's super high leveled Pokemon.
Player fights an epic battle with Team X's boss.
Player wins Team X's boss.
Player wants to challenge mom.
Player beats mom.
Player beats Rival.
Player is the Pokemon Champion.
Player is granted access to some secret island.
Player meets Rival at the secret island.
Player has final epic battle with Rival.
Player wins.
Attached Images
File Type: png map.png‎ (5.2 KB, 12 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:52 AM
pop94
Beginning Trainer

im new to this place and i dont know how hack or do anything like that yet, but i really want 2 learn how but id like 4 someone 2 make a game like this using a fire red or crystal rom. anyway id like 2 see a game where u are able 2 catch the first 251 pokemon in a new region or an in johto but with a few new areas 2 explore. im not really a big fan of the advance generation pokemon. thats wat id like 2 see in someones future pokemon hack. also it would need 2 be the same type of game as any other pk game like getting badges beating pk leage etc.
Old June 7th, 2009, 03:18 PM
ckret2
usually pronounced "secret 2"

Send a message via AIM to ckret2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop94 View Post
im new to this place and i dont know how hack or do anything like that yet, but i really want 2 learn how but id like 4 someone 2 make a game like this using a fire red or crystal rom. anyway id like 2 see a game where u are able 2 catch the first 251 pokemon in a new region or an in johto but with a few new areas 2 explore. im not really a big fan of the advance generation pokemon. thats wat id like 2 see in someones future pokemon hack. also it would need 2 be the same type of game as any other pk game like getting badges beating pk leage etc.
So... basically, you want Johto, with Johto Pokémon, and a few new areas? With eight gyms and the elite four?

You're in luck, buddy. HeartGold and SoulSilver are coming out in a few months. :\

This one is my hack.

This one is the hack I part-time map for.

I got an Illumise?
Pretty awesome.
Glad I grabbed an egg I didn't recognize.
Old June 7th, 2009, 07:05 PM
pop94
Beginning Trainer

yea but im sure uwont b able 2 get all the starters nd legendaries but i am excited about that game anyway. but i would like 2 be able 2 explore a new region in a hack but with all 251 pokemon catchable without having 2 trade with another game. like in yellow version alll starters were obtanabe but there were still pk in that game that werent catchable i dont like that. i wish i new how 2 hack.
Old June 14th, 2009, 02:10 PM
TheGateKeeper
Beginning Trainer

My story goes something like this, your the son/daughter of a famous Pokemon Scientist who had made huge contributions to pokemon technology (Pokeballs, PC Storage system, medical treatment, etc..)

About a year ago he disappeared with out saying anything to you or you mother. You finally decide you tired of waiting around for him to return. So you set out to find him yourself.

I've got more to it like where he really is and what he's doing but I want to know what everyone's opinion on the start of everything.

I also want an original way of meeting the rival, professor, and getting you first pokemon but I lost on what to do.
Old June 15th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Sophidius
Need a storyline? PM me!

Nature: Quiet
Well, I've got a hack called Pokemon: Legend of the Aquatus and in it the following event happened:

Aquatus report: October 21st (one year ago)

Today was a very calm day at sea. Too calm for my liking. A lush ocean breeze made the ship cross the water slowly. It’s been like this for over two days. For me this is like the precedent of a storm, a huge one. But wait…
At the moment of writing the wind speed is increasing. The ship’s sails are filled with air pockets now. The ship is speeding up. It’s getting dark, clouds start to form above our heads, heavy rain clouds. This seems like a bad omen. The ship’s captain is yelling something at his crew, they start to raise the sails and prepare the ship for something. A loud crack, rain flushing down on the ship. The strong wind makes the ship crack within its borders. Large waves crash down on both sides of the ship’s deck while the ship starts to shake. A sound, some sort of melody in the distance. Red lights below the water’s surface, splashing waves, huge wings, a giant black birdlike Pokemon attacking us, opening its beak, red eyes, unleashing a rainbow-colored bea …

Obviously the bird Pokemon was Lugia, but not just any Lugia. This one was fierce and ferocious, savage even. Something must be very wrong.

Aquatus report #1: Date unknown

I was lucky I survived the attack, I was one of the few who did. The ferocious beast tore the entire ship apart with its destructive wings. Entire pieces of wood were sent flying as the Pokemon ravaged over the ship. Me and some members of my crew managed to escape in inflatable life rafts. There weren’t enough life rafts for all of us though. A struggle between the crew started, as they were all eager to survive and I had to make the choice to abandon them or abandon hope. Few seconds later they were fried by the black, red-eyed bird. I couldn’t bear to watch. We spent days, weeks, maybe even months drifting on the raft. I couldn’t count the days. All I knew was that I was eager to survive, at any cost! One day we stranded on an island, an island that seemed beautiful at first. It turned out to be inextricably harsh for any living organism that was prey to the predators. These predators were species like I’ve never seen before. Wild, savage, ferocious, like the bird Pokemon. Even a Primeape seemed domesticated compared to this. With their sharp teeth, claws and other sharp or blunt extensions they killed another half of my crew, leaving me alone with Mad Jack, Harry and Larry, whose real names I don’t remember, neither do they. There is something strange about the Pokemon, though. One of them for instance looked like a savage Rattatta. It must be coincidence, but it keeps me thinking. Something is not right. Another thing I don’t really trust is that some strange noise is coming from the back of the forest. I think it’s worth investigating.

P.S. I was also very lucky when my journal stranded on this island. One of the pages was torn out, though: the day of the attack. It’s like someone doesn’t want me to write this.

This is the adventure of Captain Hogarth who got stranded on an island in te middle of the ocean. He was attacked by savage, ferocious Pokemon who seem to appear all over the isle. The strange noise is the reason why the Pokemon are like savages. It's a factory where Pokemon are "spiritsplit" instead of XD shadowfied. However, it may be more efficient, but it's also much more harsh. In the spiritsplitting process the good Pokemon spirit is extracted and replaced with an evil one. This makes the Pokemon inpurifable. During the extraction process the Pokemon experience an immense amount of pain beyond description.This is why the protector of the island showed up to save them. Lugia invaded the factory from above, destroying its machinery from above. The employees somehow managed to capture it and they held it in captivity before they let it share the same fate. Lugia's spirit however was so strong the machinery couldn't get a hold of it. That's why the supervisor decided to replace it with an evil spirit with the same amount of strength to balance the imbalance. Lugia went savage from the pain. It destroyed the factory and flew off into the depths of the ocean.

Did you know that Mewtwo is actually a crossing between Marowak (Cubone's mother from Pokemon Tower) and Mew? O_o
Old June 19th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Wiimeiser
Beginning Trainer

Love your ideas, Sophidius.

Anyway, back to my previous post here, what I'm saying is, try making Sevii Islands-like locations on a much larger scale. A bridge across the sea, surfing across a larger ocean than any in Hoenn, a HUGE waterfall, Islands of fire, ice and lightning...
Any chace you guys wanna make a hack in such a region?
Think Sevii Islands meets routes 124-130 (except on a larger scale) and you've got the basic idea.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 04:05 PM
MC Blaze
The Breeder

Nature: Modest
Ok, how about this idea: (5 years after DPPt)

You´re a 15 year old boy/girl who lives in Pallet Town (Re-designed), and it´s time for you and 2 other kids to begin your journey to the final Pokemon Challenge: The World Championship.

The Pokemon World Championship is a tournament held every 10 years to crown a Pokemon Master. In the last edition, your father won the title by beating some guy named Reed or Ray...

Anyway, you get to Prof. Oak´s lab, where the other 2 trainers are waiting too. One of them is the opposite gender of yours (Friend) and the other is always a boy (Rival). After a heated talk between the 3 of you, Oak asks you to come in. (You chose your starter in a window before the scene) The first one to chose her/ his pokemon is your Friend, he/she choses the one that weakens (Spell, sorry) yours, then it´s your turn, but your Rival barges in and takes the one that is strong against yours, leaving only the one you chosed.

After all of you part ways, you start your journey through the world. The rules have changed: now you only need 4 badges to enter the Pokemon League at Indigo Plateu, and it isn´t held like the other games; no Elite 4. You participate in a Tournament for the title of Indigo Champion, which means you qualify for the World Championship. In the tournament, you face your Friend, your Rival, and a few "Special Opponents" such as Blue and...

Futher details should remain unveiled, but tell me what do you think.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 02:32 PM
Kyouya
"baddest of the bad"

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kyouya Send a message via Yahoo to Kyouya
Well this is the storyline i made for my hack
when i actually start to read it, it seems a little dull to any ideas

You are a 13-year-old Looking for the minun you had befriended in the forest near town and you see a something dark go into a castle and you follow it to see what it is you get locked in and trapped the only other person in there is the person from next door you to have to battle darkrai the other person gives you an eevee when he/she sees that you have no pokemon

To escape the castle.Fight darkrai, fight villains, and win tournaments to get the Space(palkia),time(dialga) and torn(giratina) artifacts

Once you gather the artifacts from the islands head back to darkrais castle and purifie the place so no one will be trapped there again

Then you head out of the castle To find out that the darkness had engulfed your home town

to be continued ...

Favorite games
1.Soul Nomad
2.Shining force exa
3.most dbz fighting games
4.naruto ultimate ninja 2 (shino chidori ftw)
5.God eater/Disgaea/Mass effect
Thing I've Noticed
That I'm coming up with Random stuff to make the scroll bar activate
I'm an angry person
Random quotes

"Who's the baddest of the bad, maddest of the mad, killer of kings, and destroyer of worlds"-gig
"Everyone needs to die."-revya
Alt account
Kyo The pro

Old June 24th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Nyjil da Kid
Jambalaya of Justice League

I've actually put so much thought into this that I changed the story about 2 or 3 times.

Pokemon Suecra

Suecra, a land divided into three parts, Spatia, Tempora, and an unnamed strip of land that divides the two known as the Ravine. The Ravine is an area where people who feel threatened by the "war" go to live in peace. You, a 14 year old [boy/girl], who lives with his 18 year old [brother if girl/sister if boy] and little sister Violet, and your father, Prof. Pagoda. Pagoda's main goal was to discover the true history of Suecra which seems to influence the "war" between Spatia and Tempora. One fateful day, your home was broken into and searched by members of an organization that calls themselves Team Mettle. "I am Commander Oro from Spatia. We'ved received word that Prof. Pagoda lives in the Ravine, so we decided to stop by and pay our respects", said a young man about the same age as you are. "I am Jonathan Pagoda and according to my diagnosis, I am alive and well", announces Prof. "Not for long" he replied. Oro sends out Magnezone and Metagross who steal Pagoda's lab right from their basement. Your older sibling tries to stop them but is no match for Team Mettle. They escape and Pagoda has disappeared. With Violet deciding to stay with your neighbor, You and your sibling decide to finish your father's dream of discovering the history of Suecra and ending the war. Later that day, you come across a Riolu who seemed to be injured from the attack. But this Pokemon holds a terrible unknown secret. You decide to challenge Gyms[ who each have a certain amount of knowledge of Suecrian history] and try to overcome the tension betwwen Spatia and Tempora while travelling through Suecra with your sibling.

What is Team Mettle's reason for attacking your home? Where has your father gone? And what role will Riolu play in your journey?

I plan on making this reality so please give me some feedback and critism.

Old June 24th, 2009, 07:21 PM
ckret2
usually pronounced "secret 2"

Send a message via AIM to ckret2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyjil da Kid View Post
and an unnamed strip of land that divides the two known as the Ravine.
If it's unnamed, why is it known as anything?

Anyway, I like the plot idea. It sounds like you've given it a bit more thought than many other beginning hacks, though unless you know where you're going with it having a good beginning won't mean much.

Why do you need an "evil team"? You've already got Spatia and Temporia (otherwise known as Palkia Land and Dialga Land, I expect) at war with each other--or at "war" with each other, I'm assuming that all the quote marks must mean something--so why not have, say, spies or scouts from one of the armies do the trashing of the lab? (Or even have spies/scouts that are just seemingly aligned with one of the armies, since I'm sure there's some Deep Dark Secret that will be revealed later.) The plot you've got set up here doesn't sound like a plot of a generic Pokémon game, so I don't see why you can't have an evil organization without naming it Team Something. For that matter, why have a Prof. Something, when this "Professor" seems not to be a Pokémon Professor at all but, in fact, a Historian? How 'bout Historian Pagoda?

Quote:
You and your sibling decide to finish your father's dream of discovering the history of Suecra and ending the war. Later that day, you come across a Riolu who seemed to be injured from the attack. But this Pokemon holds a terrible unknown secret.
I like the sound of that, definitely a twist from the generic get-Pokémon fight-Gyms beat-Team plots. I'm already wondering what that Riolu's secret must be.

Quote:
You decide to challenge Gyms[ who each have a certain amount of knowledge of Suecrian history]
... Why Gyms? Especially in this setting: There's a war going on, you're living in No Man's Land in between two warring nations, and the solution is to challenge gyms? Pokémon Leagues are essentially giant sports tournaments; in this context, challenging gyms would be like deciding that if Mexico and Canada started lobbing nukes at each other, the solution would be to start playing professional tennis, and after you win a match, you can ask your opponent what they think you should do about the war. What are gym leaders, who are essentially Pokémon-world sports stars, going to know about the history of a mysterious "war"?

You could call them anything else. Why not make them, say, Generals? They could be opposing leaders in the war; four of them from Spatia, four of them from Temporia, so it would make sense that they would know some stuff about the history of the war, and challenging them to a battle would not be a "sporting event" but a vicious Pokémon versus Pokémon battle that could be similar to the battles that the armies fight with each other. You could rename the badges Medals and say they're the medals of merit that people get for exhibiting courage and skill in battle, or something. Or, make the "gym leaders" into underground researchers or smugglers, secretive people who would rather fight you than share the knowledge/rumors they've gained or pieced together about the truth of Suecra's history. When they give you "badges," it indicates that you've been accepted into each of several secret organizations that are working, either independently or together, to unravel the history of the region and its war. Or, make them members of the evil team or gang or conspirators or war-mongers or whatever it is Team Mettle really is. But against the backdrop of a mysterious war, a region divided into a Space faction and a Time faction with a narrow band of refugees in the middle, a kidnapped historian/professor of a father, and an injured Riolu with a secret... having Gym challenges seems a little incongruous.

Good luck with this idea. It seems intriguing so far, and I'd like to see where you're going with it.

This one is my hack.

This one is the hack I part-time map for.

I got an Illumise?
Pretty awesome.
Glad I grabbed an egg I didn't recognize.
Old June 24th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Regigiygas
I'm no longer Dr. Regigiygason

Location: Well, is there a legendary golem-like cosmic destroyer in YOUR town?
Okay. I have a storyline idea, and I want to see if other people will find it "hackworthy". This is would be a hack of pokemon ruby, and the storyline is similar, but eerily dissimilar.

Hoo... Here goes.

You begin by riding a moving truck to the Hoenn region. The moment the truck stops, you get out and your mother greets you. Basic ruby spiel. But then, your mother says, "Sorry about putting you in the trunk, but we needed you to stay near the--"
Then she stops, afraid of having said too much.
You are a little on edge when Birch screams, "Help Me!", and you go to investigate. Prof. Birch yells, "In my BAG! There's a POKE BALL!".
However, Birch forgot his bag.
Birch puts on an annoyed expression, and touches the Poochyena that was chasing him. Its eyes glow, then they dim. Poochyena hits the floor, motionless as a rock. Birch thanks you "for your valor" and gives you a Kecleon instead, hoping you'll "use it creatively."
Similar things happen, such as you and Wally waiting in Route 102 for a long time, before Wally impatiently mutters, "Ralts, where are you?", as if he knew a Ralts was coming.

This is not Pokemon Ruby Version. This is not even Hoenn. Peeko is a robot, the rock smash rocks are made of plastic, and Norman keeps forgetting his son's name. Who are you anyway? Why do you have no memory of where you lived beforehand?

What is going on?
Battle well, follow the rules (or work around them), and you will find out.
Join the MOTHER 1, 2, and 3 Fanclub!
~banner by Shaymew
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links