The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 22nd, 2009, 09:01 AM
Regigiygas
I'm no longer Dr. Regigiygason

Location: Well, is there a legendary golem-like cosmic destroyer in YOUR town?
Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by miggy93 View Post
My story:

You, Ash Ketchum, have just recently arrived in Hoenn. At Prof. Birch's laboratory, an older looking Jesse, James, and a Persian appear from a green portal. They claim to be from the future and they had come back to the past to steal the most powerful pikachu of all time, your Pikachu. They steal it and jump back into the portal. You follow them, after Prof. Birch gives you one of the starters.

You arrive at the Littleroot City Pokemon Center 20 years in the future. You have found out that a lot has changed. Team Rocket has taken over the region, and it's new leaders; Jesse, James, and Persian, rule it as dictators. Sootopolis City has been changed into the Dictatorial Office, where the dictators reside and rule the region. It's gym has been relocated to Lilycove.

You meet an older Prof. Birch who tells you to head to Sootopolis and recapture Pikachu. But you must make yourself stronger by taking on the Elite Four Challenge first. You decide to take the challenge, and heads to Petalburg City where Max (Norman, the former gym leader's son) is the new gym leader. He battles you and you won. He tells you that the gym leaders have formed an opposition group against Team Rocket and asks you to join them. You agree and the two of you set off to the other gyms. You arrive at the Rustboro Gym to find it empty. All gyms are empty. When you arrive at Meteor Falls, you find all the other gym leaders fighting Team Rocket grunts. You and Max help. The grunts retreat and the gym leaders welcome you into the group. You battle them one by one to gain experience and make your pokemon stronger.

Once strong enough, you and the gym leaders find out that Team Rocket hs stolen the two legendary orbs and plan to take over Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh as well. You arrive at the Underwater Cavern too late, Kyogre and Groudon have been awoken. They fight the battle inside the Cave of Origin. The gang try to find Rayquaza to stop the fight only to find out that it has been captured by Team Rocket. The team, along with the Elite Four and the new Champion, May, head towards Sootopolis but it is surrounded by a very strong wall. All of you send out your pokemon, then <name>, the legendary pokemon of unity appears. He destroys the wall and you go inside. Inside, you find Mewtwo who senses your power and tries to battle you. <name> battles Mewtwo instead telling you to free Rayquaza. You do and when you return you see that Mewtwo has defeated <name>. Rayquaza battles Mewtwo and wins. It brings Kyogre and Groudon back to sleep.

Team Rocket is overthrown and sent to jail while you are reunited with Pikachu. The gym leaders, knowing of your dream to become the greatest pokemon master, gives you the badges that you earned when you defeated them at Meteror Falls. You battle the Elite Four and win. You battle and win against May as well. After being the Champion, Steven (the Champion at hte present time) appears. He has travelled to the future using Celebi. He knows everyhing that has happened. He challenges Ash saying: you have defeated the future champion but can you defeat the present one? You win and using Celebi, Steven teleports you back to the present.
If you had looked just a few posts up the thread, you would have seen someone else making this same mistake, complete with people getting mad. Please, at least read the rest of the thread next time.
Join the MOTHER 1, 2, and 3 Fanclub!
~banner by Shaymew
Old August 25th, 2009, 03:10 AM
DaMexicanMadness
Gotta Love Incubus!!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DaMexicanMadness
Alright, i came up with this idea like the other day, i don know if anyone else has tried it or what but how about the character you are is like an ex team rocket member who quit due to him/her realizing they actually dont like team rocket and have a new found love for pokemon. Before leaving team rocket your character ruined a plan for overtaking olivine and vermillion city (So its gonna be set in Jhoto & Kanto) and turning them into ports for smuggling stolen pokemon across the world. Professor Elm had also been kidnapped by team rocket and made to work for them, due to a new rocket boss (I haven't thought of a name yet) wanting to have an expert on pokemon on their side unwillingly! So you also save Elm from team rocket once the you have foiled their plans and you tell him that you've left team rocket and want to start a new pokemon journey by releasing all of your stolen pokemon into the wild and catching a new first pokemon, so Elm helps you to catch one!! So you take the gym challenge and face a new elite four but also encounter team rocket along the way wanting revenge for what you've done. also new kanto gym leaders and after 16 badges are acquired you face off in like an elimination kinda pokemon league like in the anime maybe??

I dunno it sounds kinda hard to make and i aint got any hacking experience lol so its kinda just an idea, i just wanted to hear some feedback if you would?? thank you... there's probably a few gaps in the story as well lol
Old August 26th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

I know I posted another idea, but I decided, that if I were to hack, I wouldn't do that one. Why? Because I can do better, a lot better. So I got to thinking... what would a good plot be? One that's better than what I had? That's when it hit me, an original region. Yes, it's commonplace on here, but... yeah. Here is the plotline, and... yeah.

After Cyrus escapes from Hell (Torn World), he runs to a region known as Altoria. (Working Title, I will make a different name later) There he meets a man known as Kaine, the leader of the licentia, a group that wants to destroy the entire world. He was offered a position of power in the resistance, but Cyrus refused. Kaine simply asked again, but the man wouldn't give in to him. Kaine tries to kill the ex-leader of Cyrus, but he manages to get away.

He stumbles throughout the forests for a few days. Lost, hungry, and exhausted. But if he were to stop, he would be caught and killed by Kaine and his group. When he finally escapes from the maze of forests he was in, he sees what the people of the region are like.

Thieves, outlaws, and general ne'er-do-wells inhabited the southern portion of the region, while the northern portion is the normal people, the not too evil ones He was able to escape to the border, but he was captured by police, after having been recognized.

The next thing Cyrus knew, he was being taken to jail in an armored vehicle. After reaching the jailhouse, he was stripped of all pokemon, and was presented a choice

Destroy the alliance, and save the legendary pokemon, or get executed, via electric chair. Obviously he chooses to destroy the alliance, so he would get off, however, he had a special chip planted in his head to prevent him from leaving the region, or attacking innocents, lest he gets electrocuted to death.

Now, the Licentia's goal is simple, to get back at the World Government for laying down rules, and preventing chaos from ruling, so to overthrow them, the Licentia will collect the seventeen plates, each guarded by a legendary pokemon, to summon Arceus to destroy the World Government, the Pokemon League HQ, and anyone who tries to rebel against them. Of course, something else has plans for this...

I know this is full of plotholes, but... yeah. I haven't had much time to refine this idea just yet. None of the names are official just yet, and if I decide to make a hack, this one will be the first priority. My main obstacle is scripting, but I'll eventually figure that out. I haven't seen this plot yet, but then again, I don't pay attention to many hacks.
Old August 26th, 2009, 05:56 PM
TehBazzard
Main creator of FireRed+

Ok, my hack is more like an expansion to the FireRed game, but I still need to shaken up the plot and add in some side-plots as well.

In my hack, I planned an additional area to explore after you beat the game. Its called "Challenge Mountain". What I had planned for its story was that...
Challenge Mountain is a recent geographical structure that appeared after a very unusual spectacle of lights swirled high up in the skies above the area where Challenge Mountain now is. It is home to extraordinairly strong Pokemon that hail from every region. Scientists have tried to investigate the mountain, but nothing quite seems to explain its appearance. They have decoded relics written in Unown about a "Chosen One". Like the Battle Tower in Johto and the Battle Frontier near Hoenn, it attracts strong trainers from all over the world. It is said that the place just oozes the sense of strength, and word on the block is that many Legendary Pokemon reside there. Of course, this is like cheese to a Rattata for the evil organizations of Team Rocket, but imagine the look on their faces when they see Team Magma and Aqua fight there too! Its one trainers dream to be a Pokemon champion, its another to solve the mystery of Challenge Mountain.

Yeah its kinda corny and not too unique, but its the best I got for what I have just made up now. Its a rough draft really.

The thread for my hack is here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=192355

Team Silvery Sparks:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5043741
Old August 31st, 2009, 10:55 AM
Skully367
Bored...REEEEALLY bored.

Deleted, desided to make it myself, not give the story line to someone else.

Last edited by Skully367; September 1st, 2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old September 4th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Wiimeiser
Beginning Trainer

Pokemon Pale Version:
Hack of... Platinum? Oh come on.
You are one of two siblings who live on a small Hawaii-like island in the Zindow Region (Name pending), which consists of a chain of islands similar to the Sevii Isles, except much larger. You and your sibling (the other player character) go to the temple on top of the island, where you meet a trainer (the rival) who wants to get inside the temple. Just then the dude's father, some team-leader style guy, comes down and breaks into the temple. Your rival gives you a Pokemon and you fight the leader (practice battle) when the rival fights the leader and you escape to port. There you met a professor, who's researching eight stone tablets and wants you to collect them for him. He believes they have something to do with the temple on your island. Yada yada...

I'll do more later.
Old September 4th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Ranger0684
Only The Hardest Survive

Nature: Bold
how about you play as Prof. Oak when he was young and just make up stuff from there then goes to ash POV then Gary POV
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Neo-Wolf
I am back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger0684 View Post
how about you play as Prof. Oak when he was young and just make up stuff from there then goes to ash POV then Gary POV
Unique, but isnt it a lot small?

Hey guys, I am back!
But NO more ROM Hacking for me.
Nor any CSS.
I am now primarily a writer.

Stuck in your hack? Developed a writer's block? Get cool story ideas from me!
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Haku.
(FLAME)...H....A...K..U

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Haku.
I think theres one movie about OAK when he is young.
Hmmm the movie is about suicune and celebi.
try making about that one if you want to make about the "younger" OAK.
before you meet ash,after you meet ash and so on.

Old October 7th, 2009, 03:28 AM
aquadan
is searching for members

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aquadan
Yeah thats Sammy Oak!!!

Bulbapedia offers lots of information about it

a upcoming stylish and original hacking team

Last edited by aquadan; October 7th, 2009 at 03:29 AM. Reason: cussing
Old October 9th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Trigger
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Here's my first post about my hack idea Pokemon Explorers. Here is the storyline so far.

You play a young adolescent living in the Novas Region. Today is the day you take the test at the DPT (Department of Pokemon Trainers) to become a Pokemon Trainer. Before you head to the DPT in Amber City, you stop at the lab of your childhood friend and tutor, Professor Acacia. She wishes you good luck on your test and sends you on the way with a parting gift, a PokeNav! When you reach the DPT you check in and are assigned a rental Pokemon and proctor. Your test is to win three simple battles in a row. After winning the battles you receive a trainer’s liscense and a stampbook (your book gets stamped instead of getting badges in the Novas region). Happy to have these items you rush back home where your mother and Professor Acacia are waiting. After telling them the good news, Professor Acacia rewards you with an Aron as your first Pokemon and downloadable Pokedex application for your PokeNav.

After leaving home (and receiving your mom and Professor Acacia’s match call numbers) you head back to Amber City to challenge the local gym. In front of the gym you see a disgruntled teenager about your age, mumbling something. He/She wasn’t able to challenge the gym because he had Pokemon and no Trainer License/Stampbook and the leader threatened to call the police. Then he/she challenges you to a battle sending out a Gible with a level equivalent to that of your Aron. After defeating him/her, he/she runs off screaming that they’ll be the greatest Pokemon Master.

In this hack you would be able to choose many paths that alter your experience in the story. The point of pokemon explorers is to allow the player many different storyline and adventuring oppertunities.

Last edited by Trigger; October 9th, 2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Looked wrong
Old October 9th, 2009, 10:59 PM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger
You play a young adolescent living in the Novas Region. Today is the day you take the test at the DPT (Department of Pokemon Trainers) to become a Pokemon Trainer. Before you head to the DPT in Amber City, you stop at the lab of your childhood friend and tutor, Professor Acacia. She wishes you good luck on your test and sends you on the way with a parting gift, a PokeNav! When you reach the DPT you check in and are assigned a rental Pokemon and proctor. Your test is to win three simple battles in a row. After winning the battles you receive a trainer’s liscense and a stampbook (your book gets stamped instead of getting badges in the Novas region). Happy to have these items you rush back home where your mother and Professor Acacia are waiting. After telling them the good news, Professor Acacia rewards you with an Aron as your first Pokemon and downloadable Pokedex application for your PokeNav.

This is less of a storyline and more of an opening to the game itself. Its a good opening in my opinion, but its not really a fully-fledged story line.

Quote:
In this hack you would be able to choose many paths that alter your experience in the story. The point of pokemon explorers is to allow the player many different storyline and adventuring oppertunities.

Diverging storylines take a lot of time and effort to create, so you'd better be prepared for long hours of work ;D
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Scepii
Beginning Trainer

Everything was normal... But team rocket
was hunting for a pokemon,Lugia.
Lugia was an beatyful,great and the sky and water protector.
But when lugia got capture by team rocket it was dump in
RIVER OF POISEN and died...They thauth...
Now its burried under grown and team Volcano is trying to
wake the legend up again....

Present day:
You are a young (sex) that like the most kids wants to be
a league champion.
So you start your journey after getting your pokemon.
But if Toxic Lugia awakes the whole world is in danger.
So you gotta stop team Volcano from waking it up.
Old October 28th, 2009, 02:53 PM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Why would Team Rocket dump a Lugia (of all Pokemon) into A RIVER OF POISON? That doesn't make sense in the slightest. I can understand capturing it and using it for their nefarious scemes - Heck, I can even see their scientist preforming experiments on it - But callously dumping a ledgendary Pokemon into A RIVER OF POISON? I don't think so.

While Team Rocket are certainly not the kind of people that you'd invite to your birthday party, they do have their limits. Their leader isn't a psychopath who is out to bend the world to his will - No. He is primarily a buisnessman who deals in money raised from the capture, sell and exploitation of Pokemon, along with standover tactic and general dastardlyness - Think of what a mafia man would be attempting to achieve if you want to get into the mindset of Team Rocket.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: because of a desire for profit, Rocket Execs/ Giovanni aren't really going to mindlessly do something like that to a Pokemon that could bring them so much money on the black market or be useful during instances in the future. It just doesn't logically make sense from the way I see it.

How does Team 'Volcano' (Better name pl0x) know that Lugia is still alive? That also brings another point - Poison is suppossed to do the exact opposite of letting stuff live, why would Lugia survive for so long? Please don't answer: Because its a ledgendary. Just like Team Rocket, they also have their limits.

Why is the river poisonous anyway?
Old October 29th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
I already have a thread but I could use a little help.

Plot: Ok, a turn of events. Your not a Pokemon trainer, Coordinator, Breeder, or even a Ranger. Nope, your not a wild Pokemon either. Then what you may ask are you? You my friend, are a starter Pokemon. For once a game seen from the other side from the Pokemon's point of view instead of the trainer's. You may decide if you wish to disobay your trainer. Or decide you don't want to evolve if you have an evolved form. For once this will show what the inside of a PokeBall looks like. Or, you may refuse to go into your PokeBall. The choice is yours in this new game from the trainer's Pokemon's point of view.

But if you do decide to go into your PokeBall, even if your trainer puts you in the PC don't think there will be nothing to do. There is a whole different world inside of the PokeBall. While inside the PokeBall you may find items, battles or just form adventure teams with other Pokemon that your trainer has caught. If you form teams with Pokemon your trainer has caught you can even have a team base. Best of all you will always be the leader of that team. You may name your Team whatever you'd like.

What I need help with is getting all those advanced features into the game. I know it's possible. Pokemon Ruby Destiny Rescue Rangers was changed a lot kinda like this.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old October 29th, 2009, 09:09 PM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon
Plot: Ok, a turn of events. Your not a Pokemon trainer, Coordinator, Breeder, or even a Ranger. Nope, your not a wild Pokemon either. Then what you may ask are you? You my friend, are a starter Pokemon. For once a game seen from the other side from the Pokemon's point of view instead of the trainer's. You may decide if you wish to disobay your trainer. Or decide you don't want to evolve if you have an evolved form. For once this will show what the inside of a PokeBall looks like. Or, you may refuse to go into your PokeBall. The choice is yours in this new game from the trainer's Pokemon's point of view.

But if you do decide to go into your PokeBall, even if your trainer puts you in the PC don't think there will be nothing to do. There is a whole different world inside of the PokeBall. While inside the PokeBall you may find items, battles or just form adventure teams with other Pokemon that your trainer has caught. If you form teams with Pokemon your trainer has caught you can even have a team base. Best of all you will always be the leader of that team. You may name your Team whatever you'd like.

What I need help with is getting all those advanced features into the game. I know it's possible. Pokemon Ruby Destiny Rescue Rangers was changed a lot kinda like this.
CopyPasta'd from your thread :O

A novel idea, but this isn't actually a storyline; you've written a concept for a game.

Storylines determine how the game progresses from one overarching sequence to another - Concepts are related to how the game itself is played. To give you an example of a concept, in an average Pokemon game, you go around catching and battling Pokemon whilst gaining badges - There is no actual story incorporated into this. There may be linearity (e.g. progressivly winning your badges in a set order), but there are no extraordinary circumstances that destroy the status quo, forcing you to go above and beyond the call of duty for any reason (e.g. various encounters with Team Aqua/ Magma with an overarching plan to cpntrol Kyogre/ Groudon).

You've also come into a area of Pokemon where there is actually that much canon regarding the issue. Noone's been inside a Pokeball, and official sources have never revealed what happens inside, so if you play your cards correctly and competently explain what is happening to the player, you've basically won yourself a land where you can do anything you want with few (if any) canonical restrictions.

A storyline help thread isn't the best place to ask how to implement stuff like that into your hack either... :/
Old October 30th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
I have another idea. This is based on the 'Pokemon Pikachu Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition.' But I am not copying it. This just uses the genral idea, but with Pachirisu instead. So that means, yes it will be hacked off of Platinum. The title will be somewhat like that one but will be called,'Pokemon Pachirisu White: Special Pachirisu Edition.' I may ask Kenji if mine can be a spin off to his. I'll have to work on the storyline though so I won't be copying someone else.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old November 4th, 2009, 03:29 PM
DarkAlucard
Seek me. Call me...

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
I idea was inspired from a past hack that Esmas was doing, but I changed the storyline and made it a bit more in depth. I want to do this idea, but I'm not sure if I should work on two hacks at the same time. If people think it's a good idea, I might do it. If I do take this one, it will either be a hack of either Emerald or Leaf Green.

(No Name)
This is the story of the other side of Gold. In this version you play as Silver. You'd start in a small quiet town near Mount Silver (Bad pun not intended). Living with his reformed father, Giovanni, who has driven a hate for Team Rocket into his son. Growing up in a family involved in a life of crime, Silver now has no problems with stealing from other people, and that includes Pokemon.
On his tenth birthday, he says goodbye to his father early in the morning, telling him he's just going for a walk. The reformed Giovanni, says goodbye without asking where he is going. Silver then and heads to New Bark Town to steal his first Pokemon.

When he gets to Professor Elms lab, he looks through a window and sees Gold, standing there choosing his first Pokemon. As he sees Elm walk Gold out of the lab, he decides to sneak into the lab and steal a Pokemon.
When Elm sees Silver, Silver rushes out the window and runs home to show his father his Pokemon. Giovanni, now living a life free of crime, is disgusted when he hears that his son, has stolen a Pokemon from Prof. Elm. After a long argument, Giovanni kicks him out of the house until he returns the Pokemon. Silver heads back to New Bark Town, to give the Pokemon Back, but being the kind person that Elm is, and seeing how the Pokemon has become attached to Silver, he decides to let Silver keep the Pokemon. Still angry with his father, Silver decides to go on his own journey, with his Pokemon, to prove to himself and his father that he can end any evil ideas in his head, by trying to remove Team Rocket from the world.

And just a little more info, on what I'm thinking about doing.
Silver will take his own route through Johto, visiting some familiar towns of Johto, and some you've never seen before.

How's that sound?
Man, Silver is sooo twisted, he´s m favorite character of the games but... He can be treated like a hero, we need to be the villain. I like the manga-game history link, but how can Silver be so mad if is dad is a free-crime guy??? Come on, think something else, we want to be the greatest trainer in the world but instead of be good and make friends with other trainers, we want to destroy all of them so nobody question our authority, i think your storyline is good but something is missed i think, we need an event, something that make Silver leave is "good" dad and begin a twisted and weird trip with pokemon.
And i have a question, who´s gonna be your starter pokemon or how we can have? we can chose it???
I hope this idea can achieve the hacks title, keep working i thank you for read my suggestions...
Old November 4th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Darkest Shade of Light
Pokémon Midnight Sun

Nature: Adamant
You start off in the Sentor Region. Sentor is almost identical to Kanto, minus a few Pokemon from other regions. You've just turned ten (where have I heard THAT before?) and you've always wanted to go on an adventure. After you receive your starter, you go to tell your mom about it and show her the starter you chose. While showing your mom your starter, Team (IDK) attempts to rob your house. Only one of them fights you, and they do so with a level 5 Poochyena. After you beat them they run off and your mom thanks you and heals your pokemon. Then you head to the first route in Sentor after (hometown). The first pokemon you see is ENIGMA (No Battle). A Sentor specific legendary that is one of the two main legends in Midnight Sun. Then Celebi flies up (Other main legend) and attacks it, they both fly off shooting random attacks at each other. You go back to (hometown) and tell the proffessor about it. He looks at your Pokedex and tells you a little about ENIGMAs history. ENIGMA is the chaos pokemon created on accident when a scientist was fiddling with some of Celebis genes he had obtained through luck of meeting it. A machine went haywire and ENIGMA popped out. It destroyed the lab and went in search of its gene-sibling. He tells you that is all he knows about ENIGMA and that you may have to catch it to get data. You go through the normal storyline of most of the games (gym, Team (IDK), gym, major Team (IDK), gym, so on) and then you see ENIGMA again. Then Team (IDK) runs up and tosses a pokeball at it. It simply stands (floats?) there and uses psychic powers to destroy it. Then it unleashes its enigma beam and destroys half of the route your on. You have to take a MAJOR detour and beat the crap out of some more Team (IDK) members. Then you beat the Elite Four and go back home. Your mom tells you that there have been sightings of Team (IDK) around the route where ENIGMA tried to blast you. You go there upon her request and find a bunch of Team (IDK) members passed out all over the place. They're mumbling about, "Evil Island" which is actually ENIGO ISLAND. You go through there, nothing forced on this island. Then you get to ENIGO CAVE. You go through the cave and at the end you see Celebi and Enigma fighting. They stop and Celebi challenges you (Lv. 55), after you hopefully catch it Enigma challenges you (Lv. 60). Then you go about your adventure and try to complete the Pokedex. TADA!!
Old November 4th, 2009, 04:56 PM
DarkAlucard
Seek me. Call me...

Nature: Timid
This is my idea:
we are Edward ( o whatever you name it), i don´t have the country of this adventures but for the story, it,s the same what it is. The main line of the story is that we want to become the greates pokemon trainer in the world, but to do so, we need to fight a lot of trainer to gain experience and guess what??? Ash, Misty, Brock, Gary, Silver, Gold, May, Brendan, even Dawn and Lucas are our rivals in this story (even Giovanni has and aparicion). Forget save the world (maybe little sidequests only with the pokegangs: rocket, magma, aqua and, perhaps, galactic), forget the poor 8 gyms and the elite 4, we are gonna fight all the gym leaders, all the game characters, all the anime principal characters (as ritchie) and, most important of all, we are gonna battle the entire elite four, from agatha, bruno, loreli and lance to aaron, bertha, flint, lucian and cynhia. We have all, we fight all and we are the next pokemon master.
I don´t want a new country, just the old ones wherever it´s chose, neither fakemons, only the 4gen pokemon that make the trainers be logical, and believe, each one of the trainers pokemon team are great (i have almost done with the teams).
I need more ideas for the hack, i´m a begginer-almost middle hacker so maybe changes and scripts aren´t big deal but we need the sidequest with the gangs (but i don´t want to finish with they and send to the jail, they still be existing in the whole game); events for almost every trainer ( i´m crazy, i have planned aprox. 75-80 principal characters, each one with is personality and unique dialogs, hopefully not so bored).
I´m open to new ideas and suggestions, and i hope you likethis idea and support me with more and more ideas.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 06:57 PM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Ok I have a trhead up on my Idea and need supporters.

You have just turned 11 ((you will find out why...)) and you live in pallet town.You go downstairs and you see your dad.(A first since RSE and you'll find out why.))He tells you he got a job at the Petalburg Gym in the Hoenn region.He gives you an EEVEE to remember him by. You then go to Prof Oak's lab to find that Birch Oak and Elm are there having a meeting about a roup of trainers supposedly visiting there.Eight Trainers sudenly walk in (( Gary, the Opposite trainer of the Boy/girl you chose, Gold, Silver,Ruby Sapphire, Wally and,Crys(have to make her sprite).They have a huge table with Nine Pokeballs.from there you can choose any of the three fire Water and Grass pokemon.before you leave, Gary asks you to battle him,as he has your weakness type.Aftee the battle,Everyone left on their journey and you have to get a Parcel by request on Prof Oak.From there, you battle Your Opposite Gender at the pathway into route 1 as she/he has your same type. Then you head to Viridian City and battle Wally who,you have the advantage against.After the battle,you get the Parcel and Gold and Crys get you to head bakc to the lab with them and everyone gets their pokedex((already National.))You then start on yoru journey through kanto,Facing your rivals and Gym Leaders along the way,before every Gym battle((Eight Trainers and Gym Leaders...))and head to the first eliete Four. there is more to the story than just that.

Features:
All three regions
A tournament at the end of story
natl Pokedex at the start
Tale of the Legendaries
first 386 pokemon.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:44 PM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel_Kazuki
You have just turned 11 ((you will find out why...)) and you live in pallet town.You go downstairs and you see your dad.(A first since RSE and you'll find out why.))He tells you he got a job at the Petalburg Gym in the Hoenn region.He gives you an EEVEE to remember him by.
Why are you saying "((You'll find out why...))" about seeing your father? You write that, yet you explain why in the very next sentence why. I do know why you turned eleven - Because it has been 365 days since you turned ten :P

Also, Dad = Norman? If that is the case, your father is a bigamist :D

Quote:
You then go to Prof Oak's lab to find that Birch Oak and Elm are there having a meeting about a roup of trainers supposedly visiting there.Eight Trainers sudenly walk in (( Gary, the Opposite trainer of the Boy/girl you chose, Gold, Silver,Ruby Sapphire, Wally and,Crys(have to make her sprite).They have a huge table with Nine Pokeballs.from there you can choose any of the three fire Water and Grass pokemon.before you leave, Gary asks you to battle him,as he has your weakness type.Aftee the battle,Everyone left on their journey and you have to get a Parcel by request on Prof Oak.From there, you battle Your Opposite Gender at the pathway into route 1 as she/he has your same type. Then you head to Viridian City and battle Wally who,you have the advantage against.After the battle,you get the Parcel and Gold and Crys get you to head bakc to the lab with them and everyone gets their pokedex((already National.))
Like I said a few posts up: This sort of thing isn't really a storyline, but more of an opening to the game itself.

Even as an opening, this just seems to be a copy+paste job from the opening to FR, only with an insane number of trainers and three battles (Which decrease in difficulty, I might add) before you can get your balls. Why are Gold and Kris randomly thrown in to take you back to Oak? Surely they're not beginning trainers in Kanto as well :x

I'm not sure why you gave the character an Eevee in the first place if they're going to get an actual starter Pokemon. Surely Oak/Elm wouldn't think its fair for all the other kids who aren't as rich lucky - They'd probably refuse you a Pokemon or something :/

Quote:
You then start on yoru journey through kanto,Facing your rivals and Gym Leaders along the way,before every Gym battle((Eight Trainers and Gym Leaders...))and head to the first eliete Four. there is more to the story than just that.
So, you're just telling us the genetic story + some battles, whilst excluding the real meat? Please don't do that.

Do you have anything else storywise to add?
Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:09 PM
Karel_Kazuki

Well I mean that at the end of the game, he will be 13 because when you beat the Eliete Four a year will pass by in a time skip and you can acess the next region.He is Inded Norman but You wont move,The maps will be biger and contain CITIES instead of their usual 2 house format.Its not a copy and paste, even if it seems like that I may give the trainer Pokeballs when he leaves the First Time around with the Pokedex, and I may switch the EEvee with a good Luck Charm, which will tie into the story later.Gold and Krys are there because You met them at the Lab along with every one else,I will increase difficultiy pokemonThe story will explain Team Rocket's Rising,The Truth behind Silver, Reports of Magma and Aqua, All three teasm coming together and tries to take over the world by summoning a legendary pokemon, using Events that happened in the story.The Police will be involved, after each encounter with the Teams and Im just tryng to explain the Jist of the story insted of the full thing because Im trying to make it unexpected yet good enough to say"THIS IS WHAT NINTENDO SHOULDVE MADE!!!"
Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:41 PM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel_Kazuki
Well I mean that at the end of the game, he will be 13 because when you beat the Eliete Four a year will pass by in a time skip and you can acess the next region.He is Inded Norman but You wont move,The maps will be biger and contain CITIES instead of their usual 2 house format.
Time usually remains static in Pokemon games (Apart from the occasional Day/ Night feature), so why are we hurtled forward a year once we've finished? Surely you can just access the next region once you've completed the first.

Most towns/ cities are a lot more than just 2-3 houses. Only Pallete Town has less than five buildings, and have you seen the size of Saffron or Celadon?

Quote:
Its not a copy and paste, even if it seems like that I may give the trainer Pokeballs when he leaves the First Time around with the Pokedex,
It was basically a copy+paste. This is how the original opening to FRLG progressed: Get Pokemon > Battle rival > Get Package > Return to Lab > Get Pokedex and Pokeballs. You just added an extra two trainer battles between the rival battle and getting the package.

Quote:
I may switch the EEvee with a good Luck Charm, which will tie into the story later.Gold and Krys are there because You met them at the Lab along with every one else
I would advise swapping the Eevee - You wouldn't be overpowered in the beginning and the Luck Charm could add another dimension to the story.

Can you say why Gold and Kris are at the lab? Are they there for a specific reason, collecting their starter Pokemon or just bumming around?

Quote:
The story will explain Team Rocket's Rising,The Truth behind Silver, Reports of Magma and Aqua, All three teasm coming together and tries to take over the world by summoning a legendary pokemon, using Events that happened in the story.The Police will be involved, after each encounter with the Teams
By 'Team Rocket's Rising', do you mean that you will be in the same time period as when Team Rocket got its act together and became a fully-fledged interational crime syndicate, or will there be a document/ NPCs talking about it somewhere in the story? If it is the first scenarion, you can't really include Gold, Kris or Silver because they wouldn't have even been born yet if you're going by Team Rocket canon.

I'm not really sure about the Rockets, Aqua and Magma all coming together to preform the 'take over the world' scenario. Magma and Aqua hate each others guts, so co-operating would be the last thing they'd want to do. Factor in the prime motivations for each team (Rockets: They want power, but not neccessarily enough to rule the world with an iron fist [This can generally be boiled down to a desire for financial power] - Aqua: Expand the seas at the cost of the land - Magma: Expand the land at the cost of the seas) and you can see that there is little to no common ground between the teams on a motivational level at least.

Quote:
Im just tryng to explain the Jist of the story insted of the full thing because Im trying to make it unexpected yet good enough to say"THIS IS WHAT NINTENDO SHOULDVE MADE!!!"
I have no problems with trying to keep your story somewhat secret, but most of what you put up earlier was not enough for me to adequately evaluate your story.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:06 PM
Karel_Kazuki

Okay, I will change the Eevee idea.us Krystal and Gold are there as are the other trainers for the same reason that will be explained ingame, They all have been chosen from each region to take part in A Grand Tournament ((which is what i said in the first post...))The story isn't necessarily a year later but the first whole half takes place in a year. Itsp not a prequel to explain the Rockets starting out, but t a Secret Goal behind an obvious goal.Like The Supposed Goal Of Akatsuki in Naruto , which was to take over the world by having peolpe pay for their service . I know what you are also Saying about Magma and Aqua .but do you remember how they became friends in the end? Well they will try one last shot to take over, which will have a tragic event.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here