The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should I increase the difficulty?
Yes, it's a bit easy 62 53.91%
No, it' fine the way it is 53 46.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old March 27th, 2009, 06:26 AM
RolandHazoto
Beginning Trainer

Pokémon PERFECT PLATINUM

Hack of:

Pokemon Platinum

Story:

Player starts out on their adventure following their overly-hyper childhood friend. In what starts out as just another innocent adventure the player soon finds them self fighting for the fate of the world against the evil Team Galactic in an effort to stop their power lust as they try to control the great Giratina.

Features:

All 493 Pokemon are available!

4 major events accessible, allowing you access to 4 D/P Legendaries!

Notes:

• I have included every Pokemon scattered throughout the Sinnoh Region. Unfortunately, due to lack of scripting tools at this time many previous (pre-D/P/P) legendaries can be encountered randomly (most if not all are level 70+).
  • I did my best to keep the Sinnoh dex somewhat accurate, but any Pokemon that is not in Platinum will not appear in the Pokedex. I apologize for any inconvienence but we just don't have the tools to edit the Pokedex at this time.
  • I have edited every trade evolution! Normal Trade Evolutions should evolve at level 40. Item trade evolutions now evolve holding the trade item on level up in the daytime.
  • 4 event items are available through in-game trades. Allowing access to event legendaries. (Be sure to remove the items from the pokemon once the trade is completed!)
  • The Stopwatch and Alarm Clock Pokétch Apps can be acquired from the Pokétch President once you have 7 Gym Badges.
  • Challenger's Edition has progressively increasing difficulty for experienced trainer's.
  • Newest releases include patching program and your choice of patching methods.
  • Patch should now be Linux compatible!
  • I've included mirrors in case of server failure.
  • *UPDATED* I found an error in Rotom's Form room and have corrected it.
To-Do:

Nothing.
Any versions beyond this point will now be known as Perfect Platinum Extended as we have completed what was my primary goal, to make a complete version of the original Platinum.

Special Thanks:
Mushen - Without him, you may have never seen this release!
SCV - For all his patience with me! (And the extra help you gave us at the end!)

You may choose the GUI versions (they are smaller and easier to handle) although they are not guaranteed to be bug free. The non GUI versions are Linux compatible.
GUI Versions:
PP GUI Version.zip
Mirror 1 - Mirror 2 down

PPCE GUI Version.zip
Mirror 1 - Mirror 2 down

Non-GUI Versions:
Perfect Platinum
Mirror 1 down

Perfect Platinum - Challenger's Edition
Mirror 1 down
Please submit any bugs, issues, or suggestions to me.

Last edited by RolandHazoto; October 2nd, 2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old March 27th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blazichu
You're still going to need a storyline...

←(left) the online world for life(MSN, PC etc.)~
Old March 27th, 2009, 06:43 AM
RolandHazoto
Beginning Trainer

Hrmm, I'm gonna have to head to the guide's then... I spent all my time making the hack that I have barely had time to play the game...

I'll fix this A.S.A.P.

Old March 27th, 2009, 06:50 AM
aquadan
is searching for members

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aquadan
Ummm.... so its platnuim with the other legends on random encounter...
in like a month Platnuim comes out in australia, why dont i just wait till then
you really should re consider what your doing

a upcoming stylish and original hacking team
Old March 27th, 2009, 06:58 AM
RolandHazoto
Beginning Trainer

No, it has all 493 Pokemon available where as Platinum normally only had 398 available with no accessories/add-on's/limited time events.

I also have almost all of the special Nintendo events accessible. (many, if not all, no longer are available)

And as the tools become available I will be adding in more events.

Last edited by RolandHazoto; March 27th, 2009 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Last minute thought
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:16 AM
aquadan
is searching for members

hmmmm..... seems like your just editing pokemon Plat. to make it easier.

Old March 27th, 2009, 07:19 AM
RolandHazoto
Beginning Trainer

It's actually harder... I raised levels in various locations and you will be running out of pokeballs a lot!
I suppose you can say it is more geared towards those that either can't trade or don't want to...

Trust me when I say there is so much more I'd like to do with this, but I am limited by the tools available...

Old March 27th, 2009, 07:39 AM
aquadan
is searching for members

used a diff base, FYI D/P/PL is a 3d game!
look EVERYWHERE for tools, not just PC
But i dont see how its harder, ill spend more time in the routes leveling up and ill keep a higher stock of ultraballs(pokeballs suck)

Old March 27th, 2009, 07:45 AM
RolandHazoto
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadan View Post
used a diff base, FYI D/P/PL is a 3d game!
look EVERYWHERE for tools, not just PC
But i dont see how its harder, ill spend more time in the routes leveling up and ill keep a higher stock of ultraballs(pokeballs suck)
And I have looked, I even have a handful of tools that have not been officially released yet thanks to my chats with devs. But a large portion of the D/P tools do not work for Platinum due to the offsets being different.
I chose Platinum because not enough people are doing the 4th gen games.

And good luck making the money you will need for the ultraballs!

But I do have a poll up, if you feel I should increase the difficulty then submit a vote.
I can increase levels any where I please, but I will state now that I will not be increasing the levels of the Elite Four as they and your Rival do get stronger each time you fight them.

After all, I have this marked as a beta because I cannot say that I am satisfied with the project yet, and have released this to get views on where it can be improved.

Last edited by RolandHazoto; March 27th, 2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Wolvenreign
Beginning Trainer

Hey everyone, it's Roland's development partner, Wolvenreign. At this point, I'm really more of the idea man. Until I get a new 8GB card for my YSMenu'd R4-III, that is. When that time comes, I'll help with the hacking and so forth.

AquaDan, you can do the same thing with any RPG to make it easier. The point isn't really to make it harder, just to user-enhance the experience to include everything Nintendo's penultimate core Pokemon game doesn't already have. Oh, and when my friend says "Pokeballs", he was of course referring to all TYPES of Pokeballs.

Let it be known that once this is finished, it will also include new events to house the legendaries of past games, as well as an explanation in the Pokemon canon as to the existence of Missingno. Contact me with ideas for the events, though you should hurry. My head is rapidly filling with ideas on how to make it happen.
Old March 27th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Nature: Relaxed
I hope you guys know that hacking Platinum is practically impossible if it's not. There are barely any tools out for it so your better off using a different rom. i like the ambition but your taking on way to much in my opinion.
Old March 27th, 2009, 04:29 PM
RolandHazoto
Beginning Trainer

Heh heh, I did everything that is done so far by myself in 3 days.
I love a challenge!
And I should have the next version released on April 1st, with ~850 trainers made stronger to improve difficulty!
And why do another rom? Everyone else is doing other roms!
And just a note, I'll probably keep the first version up unless it's unanimous that people prefer the harder difficulty...

Old March 28th, 2009, 07:45 PM
gabe_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballscooper View Post
I hope you guys know that hacking Platinum is practically impossible if it's not. There are barely any tools out for it so your better off using a different rom. i like the ambition but your taking on way to much in my opinion.
So just because there are no tools makes it impossible to hack? Pokemon is the most unprotected game series ever, you can map out 90% of the game in less than a day.
Old March 30th, 2009, 11:48 AM
RolandHazoto
Beginning Trainer

MAJOR UPDATE!

I made a mistake with the trade evolutions, they are now all fixed!
All your current saves should work, just repatch a clean ROM.

I should be releasing the "Challenger's Edition" in the next few days, which will be exactly like the current version with increased difficulty.

Last edited by RolandHazoto; March 30th, 2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: typo
Old March 31st, 2009, 06:16 AM
RolandHazoto
Beginning Trainer

Heh heh, Blazichu that wasn't very nice!
He was only worshiping my awesomeness...

While I'm at it I'll ask, will it be alright if I add my Challenger's Edition to this thread or will I have to make a separate thread?
I'd rather add it here cuz it's the exact same hack with changes to the trainer's to make it more difficult...
That and I am reluctant to be constantly managing 2 threads at once as they will have all the exact same updates...

***2nd post*** April 1st midnight release!
Well as promised I have released my Challenger's Edition!
This version continues to get harder and harder the further you progress.
It will always contain all the updates that I include in the regular Perfect Platinum so no one misses out on any thing either way.
Enjoy all and feel free to submit suggestions/issues!

And good luck with Conficker today for those of you running on Wind0w$...

Last edited by RolandHazoto; April 2nd, 2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Double Posting!
Old April 4th, 2009, 07:17 PM
tsol
Beginning Trainer

This looks really neat, I found this website looking for the tools to do the exact same thing.

Now you saved me the time

I do have a question though, how many of the Pokemon caught will be "legit" as far as appearance goes? Will the Pokemon that are usually only available from the pal park show up as being from the pal park, or will they show up as being from where you caught them? For most Pokemon it doesn't matter, I guess, because you could just breed them, but for some legendaries I guess it could. I haven't had time to take a good look at all the available tools to see if it is possible to create a version where you can catch 493 "legit" pokemon, so i guess I'm just curious to how you went about it..

Also, boo to all the nay-sayers.. this is good work, I'm going to try the challenge patch now.

Edit: some more feedback

I'm not really sure what is capable, but I know that the Regi's only show up if you have the event regigigas from toys r us.. maybe if there is a way to acquire that regigigas from an in-game trade, the other regi events will trigger.

heh, i just realized your the guy that was posting in the gbatemp thread about this, so i guess this patch doesn't have the problems in the giratana world that the other method had?

Last edited by tsol; April 4th, 2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old April 4th, 2009, 07:30 PM
RolandHazoto
Beginning Trainer

Just a friendly tip, you have to be pretty good for that challenge patch! Focus on weaknesses and don't be shy to items! ;-p
As for the legitimacy, the way I understand it, a hacked pokemon is determined by it's stats. Because of this I have made sure not to edit any of their stats! They all of the legit default stats and attacks that the game gives them by default (why the game as the information for pokemon it doesn't have I'll never understand but I can confirm they do) on my game I am currently working towards my 6th badge and everything has gone smoothly!
I can't play online so I don't know if they are ok on WFC but in all theory they should be.
And as for the handful of legendaries that I have on random encounters I will be writing events for them as soon as the tools are available!
For now the trade evolutions are catchable as random encounters, but you can raise em all from scratch as I only made em catchable before I could confirm that my evolution edits worked.
(i.e.: you can catch Machamp or you can evolve a Machoke at level 40)
Just lemme know if there is any issues...

Old April 4th, 2009, 08:09 PM
tsol
Beginning Trainer

I assumed they would be legit as far stats go.. they would probably pass any legit checks, which is all that really matters. I was just talking about how it shows the location that you acquired the Pokemon, and how if you open it with pokesav it has a lot information regarding the location and cartridge version that the Pokemon was caught.. (for example, any charmander caught at lake verity is an easy to spot fake).

Kind of irrelevant really, as long as the stats are legal I can't see anyone other than nintendo caring, and if someone cares enough they can just make them "legit" with pokesav..

from my understanding battle revolution has the toughest legit testing, so if they work on there then thats all that really matters. I don't have a wii though so I can't check..

And just an idea, when/if it becomes possible, is to make it so that you can buy most or all of the tm's and some popular hold items. Perhaps have people give them away daily like the berry people.

Anyway, you have my support. I'm fairly new to rom hacking but i'm not an idiot either, so if you need anything i'll help where i can.
Old April 4th, 2009, 08:17 PM
RolandHazoto
Beginning Trainer

Well the guy who claims to be my partner has yet to complete a task I gave him 4 days ago and it should have took only 20 minutes maybe an hour at most...
But nothing needs to be done now, I'm just trying to prepare for the next release which will have at least 1 new event. But as mentioned that's up in the air until I get the new tools (I might even have it done before the public gets the tools! ;-p)
And yea, so far the locations do in fact show as where you caught them but like you said, I don't know that to be a legitimacy issue. Especially since I know a guy that has over 100 mews on his pokemon stadium games thanks to the old dupe tricks!
But if anyone can find issues in the legitimacy of em please let me know and I promise I will find a way to fix em!

Old April 5th, 2009, 12:07 PM
tsol
Beginning Trainer

So far no problems, I haven't noticed that much difficulty difference, I am about to do the first gym though.

The only thing that bugs me, is that there are a ton of non-sinnoh region Pokemon running around, but you still only have a sinnoh dex. It may not be changable yet, but it would be neat if you could make it so that you start with the national dex, or change the requirements for upgrading to the national. You could just make it so that if you talk to the proffessor, instead of checking your sinnoh dex he would be like "****, I gave you the wrong pokedex, take this one, its better." Just an idea..
Old April 5th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Da Man
The One and Only

Nature: Hardy
Are all the national Pokemon found in their proper places? (e.g Nidorans on Route 201, Ditto on Route 218, Solrock and Lunatone at the 3 lakes).

And what about pokemon that are normally uncatchable, like the starters?
Old April 5th, 2009, 02:49 PM
RolandHazoto
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsol View Post
So far no problems, I haven't noticed that much difficulty difference, I am about to do the first gym though.

The only thing that bugs me, is that there are a ton of non-sinnoh region Pokemon running around, but you still only have a sinnoh dex. It may not be changable yet, but it would be neat if you could make it so that you start with the national dex, or change the requirements for upgrading to the national. You could just make it so that if you talk to the proffessor, instead of checking your sinnoh dex he would be like "****, I gave you the wrong pokedex, take this one, its better." Just an idea..
I had considered for quite some time (and even mapped out) an event to get the National Dex prematurely but, after some research, I came to realize that there are several major events that only occur once you have the National Dex, so for the time being I have left it alone... I do apologize for it but it's stuck like that for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Man View Post
Are all the national Pokemon found in their proper places? (e.g Nidorans on Route 201, Ditto on Route 218, Solrock and Lunatone at the 3 lakes).

And what about pokemon that are normally uncatchable, like the starters?
For the most part I haven't touched Platinums original spawns, there are a few locations I may have had to decrease the likelihood of a certain encounter but I can't think of too many I removed unless they were in several other locations (There are f**king Golbats everywhere originally!)
As for the one's in particular you mentioned I'd have to double-check, which I probably won't do till tomorrow... I'm not feeling too well today...
As for the uncatchables, they are random encounters until I can script new events...

Last edited by RolandHazoto; April 5th, 2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: missed a spot
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:01 PM
nofamenogame
POKEMON WRATH OF GREATNESS

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to nofamenogame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandHazoto View Post
Hrmm, I'm gonna have to head to the guide's then... I spent all my time making the hack that I have barely had time to play the game...

I'll fix this A.S.A.P.
i could write you a story line
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:03 PM
RolandHazoto
Beginning Trainer

The one that is there is fine... Thank you anyway though

Old April 13th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Masterge77
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
Hey, I got an Idea, make Looker the champion, after all, I was expecting to fight him as the champ instead of having to fight Cynthia again like we did in Diamond/Pearl......

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links