Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Reload this Page [Resource] Bob's Fire Red Patch

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old 2 Weeks Ago (05:05 AM).
Fides Et Gaudium

Nature: Jolly
Hi everyone! I'm Bob Bobberson and I'm here today to present to you a side project I've been thinking about/working on. Hopefully when I'm done with this ROM base it'll help hackers worldwide.
Features:
All 721 Pokemon (I know there are quite a few of these out there but I'm adding it in anyway)
Running shoes indoors
Professor Oak gives you the National Dex at the beginning of the game
Fairy type plus new moves, abilities, and items
The roaming roar glitch is fixed
Everything is De-capitalized
Pokemarts are fixed to adjust to the new items

Tools used:
G3HS
UPR
Amart

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes into Him shall by no means perish but have eternal life.

Acts 2:21
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Old 2 Weeks Ago (09:23 PM).
champion

i will help u in some things that i know i can even do the beta testing for ya i will be glad to help ya well u are the 3 person i have seen to come up with this huge
project i hope u will complete it because no one else completed it.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:44 PM).

Nature: Quiet
Is such patch actually necessary?
Quote:
Running shoes indoors
Really? This is basically changing one single byte and takes like one minute.

Quote:

Professor Oak gives you the National Dex at the beginning of the game
And this is setting one flag at the beginning of the game which takes around 2 minutes.

Quote:
Fairy type plus new moves, abilities, and items
This sounds familiar...Oh right! MrDollSteak made a patch providing new moves, abilities and items.

Quote:
The roaming glitch is fixed
I presume you're thinking about IV glitch which is also a matter of few byte changes.

Quote:
Everything is De-capitalized
Again, DollSteak's Patch.

Quote:
Pokemarts are fixed to adjust to the new items
This is something new I guess but does it mean that the items available in Pokemarts has been changed? Even though some people may indeed like these changes, there's a high possibility others will not.

And, the last one which I omitted.
Quote:
All 721 Pokemon (I know there are quite a few of these out there but I'm adding it in anyway)
I'm not sure if I'd say quite a few of these . There's a Fire Red 870 which is unfinished and full of bugs. There's also Unnamed Fire Red 721 Project which has all Pokemon up to 4 gen, new evolution methods and some other features. I think Jambo made a patch like this in the past but I'm not certain at this one.
Anyway, what I want to say is there's no reason for people to download your patch because there's either a better alternative or the changes can be very easily made by themselves.
Old 1 Week Ago (02:39 PM).
Blue Turtl3

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by DizzyEgg:
Is such patch actually necessary?
Anyway, what I want to say is there's no reason for people to download your patch because there's either a better alternative or the changes can be very easily made by themselves.
I think its not necessary, but its always nice to have everything in one place that works well together; with this patch having all these things, there are less likely to be bugs/overwritting offsets since all the changes are made by the same person.

Any possibility that this would end up being compatible with JPAN's engine, or is this just an "add-on" to the base game??
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)