The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Tutorials

Notices

Tutorials Looking for a guide to help you out? Then you're in the right place! We've got everything you need, ranging from Mapping to Music!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old September 21st, 2010, 05:02 PM
Kronos
Shooting Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Latios View Post
I'm having a really weird glitch whenever I try to put in a song.

I get through the "Assemble song" process, but whenever I try to listen to it, it comes out as a weird popping/buzzing noise.

Any idea what's going wrong?
Either one of three things happened:

Your instruments don't match the instrument list you set.
Your instruments don't exist in Pokemon games.
You are exceeding the sound output capabilities of the GBA.

Try going to the FR Instruments guide thread and change things around in your midi file to match an instrument list. That should fix some things.
Pokemon Worldwake [RPG Xp]

Old November 11th, 2010, 10:54 AM
pkaurastorm
"The Only Legit Pokesav'r" ")

Nature: Timid
i open my emulator but the healing theme comes up instade of my Owl city Fireflies MIDI file/ .s file help?!

EDIT: Ok I Realize Not All Files Work LOL But Why Do They Sound So Weird?

Last edited by pkaurastorm; November 11th, 2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old December 5th, 2010, 05:52 PM
pokemonmastertriplex
the ultamite pokemon master

hey does anyone no how to fix this when i assemble ugly thing

i keep gettng error #6 overflow or whatever please reply asap
Old December 10th, 2010, 05:14 PM
drew6464
Artist, spriter

Nature: Relaxed
It says vbalcbex6.ocx is missing for Sappy. I tried downloading that, but it said it can't create an object and vbalcbex6.ocx is outdated.

EDIT: Fixed previous problem by changing the compatibility to XP, but now every time I open a ROM, it crashes. Help?
If you cannot get ahold of me / sent a message with no reply to me, the best course of action would be to send me a message on Skype (hesitationaggravation) or deviantART (monochrome0), because I am by no means consistently active on these forums.

Every tear is
Every tear is
Every teardrop is a waterfall
Every tear is
Every tear is
Every teardrop is a waterfall

Last edited by drew6464; December 10th, 2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Fixed and replaced with new problem
Old December 14th, 2010, 08:13 PM
thedgr05
Tower of Doom creator

Location: It seems like.... If I was right in front of a computer typing this.
Nature: Calm
Help please! I'm a begginer at this >.<

I remember magnius saying something about Base Offset. Could someone help me at finding a free base offset for the songs? And how to find them please!!!
Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:41 PM
Washibon
---

This is a great tutorial, but when I do the silly command promt thing with the vbalCbEx6.ocx- This error message shows up ->

"The module "C:\windows\system32\vbalCbEx6.ocx" was loaded but the call to DIIRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005."

This sounds like the vbalCbEx6.ocx I downloaded wasn't compatible with Vista? If so, may I please ask of you to give me a download link to a version that works with Vista? Or if that's not the case, then please let me know what's wrong! Thank-You!
Old January 13th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Sotaku
Pokémon Expert

Nature: Quirky
I've recently read in some posts that you need to put vbalCbEx6.ocx, vbalExpBar6.ocx, and cPopMenu6.ocx, and to register SSubTmr6.dll for Sappy to open, but I still can't figure out why it crashes everytime I open a GBA file.

EDIT: I have Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit OS), and an Intel Pentium Processor in my ASUS Laptop K52F/K62F series with 3 GBs of RAM, I wonder if it has the same problem Vista does?

When life gives you despair, expect good things to happen.

Last edited by Sotaku; January 13th, 2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: More info
Old February 11th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Magnius
Pokemon Music Hacking Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedgr05 View Post
Help please! I'm a begginer at this >.<

I remember magnius saying something about Base Offset. Could someone help me at finding a free base offset for the songs? And how to find them please!!!
Well, if you're only testing, you could "xDDDDDD" for your offset. But if you actually have a project and you're inserting music, you could basically use free space as your Base Offset.
Old February 27th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Robotico00
Beginning Trainer

Sappy crashes when I click the play, stop or volume buttons and when I click "Assemble that ugly thing!". Could someone help me?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 26th, 2011, 03:23 PM
sarCAsum0
Moo?

I'm pretty sure this question has been asked many times before, but I still get the errors:

Code:
Run-time error '429:'
ActiveX component can't create object
and

Code:
Run-time error '372:'
Failed to load control 'vbalCboEx' from vbalCbEx.ocx. Your version of vbalCbEx6.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.
Before you tell me, yes, I have registered vbalCbEx6.ocx, since I had gotten a different error before I did. I've searched everywhere for the newest version, but I already have it, it seems like. If anyone could help me, that'd be great.

(I am also trying to import a midi of Onett from Earthbound, although that would make a difference for this error, would it)

EDIT: Downloaded a new version of Sappy, and it worked. :D

Last edited by sarCAsum0; March 29th, 2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old March 26th, 2011, 03:45 PM
M4
Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!

Nature: Careful
Sappy crashes everytime I put in a rom. >.<

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286185
Old April 5th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Robey
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Track View Post
normally, it should take some seconds xD

er...now I have a problem too.
With sappy (05?) I was never able to play the music, I was just able to import/export/assemble.
Now I downloaded sappy 06, I was able to play the sounds! (yeah..happy!).
But then I tried assembling a song---> crash!
I thought..okay, maybe it's too long. But then I tried a 2 track-song and it crashed again!
it doesn't matter which song I choose, sappy crashes when assembling.
So I wanted to assemble the song via sappy 05, which always worked before.
You may have guessed: Now it crashes if I try to assemble.

I've read through this thread to look at all the errors and possiblilties for crashin, but..it's not the song.
And I've read about the possibility that my kernel32.dll has crashed?
How can you recognize that, since I see it in my system32 folder but dunno if it's okay.

So..what can I do now?
I'm quite depressed since I finally understood how to loop songs, but now I can't even try it out...
I had that EXACT same problem. I found it was because, like clonex said, the file had become associated with the text editor. To fix this, I managed to find a program that disassociates the file type. So in effect it makes it "forget" what program to open it with. I removed the .s file association all together and that seemed to fix it :D
Old April 16th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Alf Stewart
Champion

Nature: Lax
As the title says, I have worked on some music to mke it sound like FRLG in an awsome program called AnvilStudios 2011, You can make Pallet Town have accordions instead of what instrument it actually has. I have edited Super Mario Land music, Pokemon Black and White, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga and other songs like I gotta feeling so if this works I'll insert them into my hack titled Pokemon MarioRed (Hack of FireRed). Thanx!
Old April 23rd, 2011, 01:15 AM
stocko
Toast Engineer

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to stocko
hey guys, I have been getting the problem with all that 'vbalCbEx6.ocx' crap. I have registered the file with my computer but I am still getting errors whilst trying to open sappy. The two errors are:

1. "Run-time error '429'
ActiveX component can't create object"

2.Run-time error '372':
Failed to load control 'vbalCboEx' from vbalCbEx6.ocx. Your version of vbalCbEx6.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

I have been searching all over the internet and found nothing
Can you please help me?????
Old April 23rd, 2011, 01:23 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocko View Post
hey guys, I have been getting the problem with all that 'vbalCbEx6.ocx' crap. I have registered the file with my computer but I am still getting errors whilst trying to open sappy. The two errors are:

1. "Run-time error '429'
ActiveX component can't create object"

2.Run-time error '372':
Failed to load control 'vbalCboEx' from vbalCbEx6.ocx. Your version of vbalCbEx6.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

I have been searching all over the internet and found nothing
Can you please help me?????
Basically, you'll have to go to the official Sappy site and download from there. That should fix the problem as it will reinstall Sappy and add all the proper installation files. :3
Old June 3rd, 2011, 09:06 PM
ziprider255
Master of All Time and Space

Nature: Calm
Sappy won't work on my PC (Win7 Home Premium). It says that I'm missing the OCX file required to make it run (vbalCbEx6.ocx). I've installed an ocx before, but I can't find a safe website to download vbalCbEx6.ocx. Could you offer a suggestion.
Old July 21st, 2011, 03:03 PM
pikachu27
Welcome

Nature: Timid
I have a problem when I what to put in a song the sappy crashes.
Old August 8th, 2011, 02:42 AM
fergyc
Beginning Trainer

Is there a proper way of finding space for music? I've tried free space finder but even when I used that it seemed to overwrite another sound file. If I used 0x800000 on Intro message 1 then 0x800100 on Intro message 2 then Intro message one still ends up breaking.

This is on firered.
Old August 8th, 2011, 10:38 PM
JinRazielGames
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Brave
How many instruments are allowed?
Earlier, i read that you can't put too much instruments.
Old August 10th, 2011, 12:10 AM
ipatix
Music Hacking Freak

At Pokemon Games:
-5 Direct Sound instrument simultaneously
-1 instrument for each GB channel
Old August 10th, 2011, 01:01 AM
DavidJCobb
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipatix View Post
At Pokemon Games:
-5 Direct Sound instrument simultaneously
-1 instrument for each GB channel
I thought it was a maximum of five tracks that use Direct Sound, but with a maximum of 6 Direct Sound notes playing at any given moment.

(You can have more Direct Sound notes than there are tracks -- chords count as multiple notes.)
Old August 10th, 2011, 01:56 AM
ipatix
Music Hacking Freak

Because of dynamic allocation of the DirectSound channels it doesn't matter if you use for example 1 DirectSound note on each 5 tracks or 5 DirectSound notes on 1 track. If using more than 5 DirectSound notes simultanously the notes with the lowest priority won't play.
Track 1/0 has the highest prority and the last tracks has the lowest priority.

You can have up to 10 tracks (fanfares only 9), but which notes you use on them is something completly different.
Old October 30th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

When I try to open up Sappy, I get this error:

Run-time error '339':

Component 'vbalCbEx6.ocx' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is mossing or invalid.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate.
Any help?
Old October 30th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate VonGrimm View Post
When I try to open up Sappy, I get this error:

Run-time error '339':

Component 'vbalCbEx6.ocx' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is mossing or invalid.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate.
Any help?
Go onto google and search for 'vbalCbEx6.ocx free download' once downloaded place it in your sappy folder.

I'm not 100% sure if it would work. Because with me sappy does not work on windows 7 starter and up.
Old October 31st, 2011, 06:15 PM
RichterSnipes
Simpleton

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
Go onto google and search for 'vbalCbEx6.ocx free download' once downloaded place it in your sappy folder.

I'm not 100% sure if it would work. Because with me sappy does not work on windows 7 starter and up.
Actually, the Fire Emblem Community released a great Sappy mod that is actually fully functional on Windows Vista/7 computers. It also comes with a voice table editor to boot, which is coming to great use in what I'm trying to achieve in my (currently) personal hack.

The link and instructions are in DavidJCobb's music inserting tutorial on this same forum; it should be near the top. Install it on top of a regular Sappy install to get it working flawlessly.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links