The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 5th, 2008, 09:14 AM
~Mithos~
- Three Days Grace -

Advertise here
Ok so looking at this my offences would have been gone by now, seeing as they were from flaming + spamming in july and june. Do they count as expired, or are they still there?

Signature and Avatar by Kayla Ann
Old January 5th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Lash

Nature: Calm
Wow, this new system seems really interesting, and much more effective than the original warning system. And it is totally understandable.

"Jimmy you are forever in our hearts"

And **** you 2009 for taking him from us.
Old January 5th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Umanouski
1/2 of the NIWA Tag Team Champ
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Quiet
it reminds me of traffic tickets. Once you get so many POINTS on your license its suspended and eventually (if you consider you continue with your violations) its revoked permanently.
But I cant go home till the last shot's fired
Till the Last Shot's Fired By Trace Adkins

And I'm proud to be on this peaceful piece of property,
I'm on sacred ground and I'm in the best of company,
I'm thankful for those thankful for the things I've done,
I can rest in peace, I'm one of the chosen ones,
I made it to Arlington.
Arlington by Trace Adkins
Please respect the souls who have lost their lives in war defending our freedoms.
Old January 5th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Michii
as in Mishy

Nature: Bold
Haha, this system isn't going to make me stop speaking my mind though. =]

I just have one problem with it. What if members see that they only get a warning or the infraction expires very soon? Won't they believe that they can continue posting like that and/or potentially take advantage of the system?

Look to tomorrow because it's all we have. Turn up the music until the walls shake. What do we have?
Is it hope? Love? Is it nothing at all? We won't know at all until we make something of what we feel.
When that happens, we'll find the truth. We'll find what we want. And we will find ourselves, finally.
Old January 5th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Umanouski

again. It may be gone, but it stays on record. After a while, you just get booted.

I made it to Arlington.
Please respect the souls who have lost their lives in war defending our freedoms.
Old January 5th, 2008, 11:30 AM
PB
'PB

I have another question, Where excatly are they in your CP?, Will it show blank if you dont have any, or will it not show up at all?

What if something is done accidently like someone accidently double posts and doesn't realise or was being Rude as payback for someone (not that it should be in threads but its an example) or what if staff member got the "wrong end of the stick" and gave you an infraction for no reason. I guess what I'm basically asking is: Can they be deleted and not counted if the staff member got it wrong?
Old January 5th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

This new system seems like it may keep everything a little more organized compared to user notes, good call. But I'm a little confused on something. I had one warning under the previous system, now according to this new layout, it is long expired. So, will the user notes be deleted, or will they be converted into infractions? And if they are converted, will they last the alloted time, or come in as expired?

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old January 5th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Gary, the Magic Fairy
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
I have one thing that slightly confused me.

Quote:
(In addition, if you ever get a total of 25 infractions (NOT points, but actual infractions given), you're banned permanently from the community)
Do expired infractions count towards this total? Say, someone bypasses the character limit 25 times over the course of 2-3 years, which all expire before another infraction is given. Does the 25th one automatically ban you, or does it only count as having one infraction?
Old January 5th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Virtual Headache

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry! View Post
I have another question, Where excatly are they in your CP?, Will it show blank if you dont have any, or will it not show up at all?

What if something is done accidently like someone accidently double posts and doesn't realise or was being Rude as payback for someone (not that it should be in threads but its an example) or what if staff member got the "wrong end of the stick" and gave you an infraction for no reason. I guess what I'm basically asking is: Can they be deleted and not counted if the staff member got it wrong?
IIRC it's on the main page of the userCP. If you have none, it won't show any.
And yes, they can be undone.

Last edited by Virtual Headache; January 5th, 2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old January 5th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenji-kun View Post

Do expired infractions count towards this total? Say, someone bypasses the character limit 25 times over the course of 2-3 years, which all expire before another infraction is given. Does the 25th one automatically ban you, or does it only count as having one infraction?
I think you get banned in that case, since, even if you get the lowest infraction (1 point each) it's impossible to have 25 working infractions at once without having 20 points (permaban). You would have been banned long time ago.
Old January 5th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Ever gaining 25 red cards will lead to a permanent ban on the forums. But I'd suspect that after the first red card for your example, breaking the character limit, would stop at least after three of those red cards. Yellow cards are additionally a warning before we give them out, and they don't count towards 25 infractions.

Red cards will count even when expired, so please try not to accumulate 25 of them. :x

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 5th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Umanouski

ouch, but even to get 25 in the first place means you don't care. Now, what about people that share computers and have different screen names?

I made it to Arlington.
Old January 5th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umanouski View Post
ouch, but even to get 25 in the first place means you don't care. Now, what about people that share computers and have different screen names?
It'll be handled the same way as the previous warning system.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 5th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Warheart
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Warheart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Warheart Send a message via Skype™ to Warheart
Really complicated, but I think this new idea makes alot more sense than the previous warning system =/

Just curious: Aside from my last warning which I recieved like, 3 weeks ago, my other two happened back in March, and April. Will those warnings be removed, or are they just permanent because they had taken place before the new system was implicated?

Why? I'm tired of all the people here who think they're cooler than they actually are, I'm tired of the way certain people get away with things, just because they're friends with the staff here, I'm tired of all the raging teen-angst contained within these forums I'm tired of the way no one knows how to take a joke anymore, I'm tired of how I've been treated by the people I've thought to be my "friends" here, and I'm tired of all the unwanted drama PC has caused in my life over the past several months.

Plus, Pokemon just sucks anyways.

If you want to reach me for any reason, contact me at "[email protected]"
Old January 5th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waker of Chaos View Post
In other words, my warning for flipping out at criticism from years ago and my more recent warning for flaming and flame-baiting are to be considered null and void? Or are they to be considered yellow cards?

Either way, I think the user notes should be either removed or replaced with yellow/red cards, so as to be consistent.

Also, this question was missed.
No, all of your old warnings are still going to be kept, we'll be converting them to infractions. Depending on how severe the warning is, it'll either be a yellow card or a red card. Whenever you get an infraction from here on out, the person giving it will take a look at your user notes and add infractions for your old offenses.

Actually, that's something important that needs to be mentioned. When we give you the old infractions for old warnings, don't freak out. You'll get a PM saying you got an infraction, even if it's an old one (so don't think you're getting double-infracted or anything like that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-chan View Post
So...what happens to old warning user notes?
Do they get deleted? Mine have been kept for over a year...
They're converted to infractions, I explained more in my reply to Waker of Chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeDDR110 View Post
This system sounded compilctaed to read, but overall i think i get it. Does it go into use today?
Yes, we're using it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shika-kun View Post
Just to make things sure, if you get 2 points for Bypassing character limit, will it get reduced to 0 after 2 weeks?

If yes, then it's wonderful for rule breakers. xD
Not really, because we can give custom infractions that are worth more points and expire longer if needed. So if a person is continually doing it and ignoring the infractions, one worth more points that doesn't expire so soon can be given.

Also, 25 infractions total leads to a ban, so they'll need to remember that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Mithos~ View Post
Ok so looking at this my offences would have been gone by now, seeing as they were from flaming + spamming in july and june. Do they count as expired, or are they still there?
Well, for super old warnings you'll probably only be given a yellow-card (so that there IS a record of it and we can delete the user notes). For more recent ones, you'd get a red card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michii View Post
Haha, this system isn't going to make me stop speaking my mind though. =]

I just have one problem with it. What if members see that they only get a warning or the infraction expires very soon? Won't they believe that they can continue posting like that and/or potentially take advantage of the system?
Glad to hear it, nobody expects you to stop speaking your mind. Just do so in a way that follows the community rules and you'll be fine. :x

See my reply to Shika-kun about that question.

Quote:

They're hard to miss, they're right on the first page. If you have any infractions, trust me, you'll see it. With any luck, however, the box will never appear for you. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemental Downfall View Post
This new system seems like it may keep everything a little more organized compared to user notes, good call. But I'm a little confused on something. I had one warning under the previous system, now according to this new layout, it is long expired. So, will the user notes be deleted, or will they be converted into infractions? And if they are converted, will they last the alloted time, or come in as expired?
See my reply to ~Mithos~ about the old warnings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenji-kun View Post

Yes, expired infractions still count. It's the total number of infractions you ever have gotten, even after they expire. When you're given the 25th infraction, the moderator who is giving it will get a notice saying that it's your final infraction and will result in a ban, and as such will be asked to display a message to you about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warheart View Post
Really complicated, but I think this new idea makes alot more sense than the previous warning system =/

Just curious: Aside from my last warning which I recieved like, 3 weeks ago, my other two happened back in March, and April. Will those warnings be removed, or are they just permanent because they had taken place before the new system was implicated?
See my reply to ~Mithos~ about it.
Old January 5th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Gοяκнaвоii
I am MIRAJ =]

Send a message via ICQ to Gοяκнaвоii Send a message via AIM to Gοяκнaвоii Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gοяκнaвоii
Yes, this will help the PC very much. But one question is, you can still get perma banned by constant spamming right? (like, alot of times and ignoring any warnings given)
Hmm.. i think we should try to get the reputation thing back, as it will help with the D/P Wireless trade centre for PC. =)
Old January 5th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

All I have to say to this system is just...congrats on giving more chances. At least I feel that way. I've just been informed that 9 points is sort of a two week ban. So that mean a couple of spam posts, well that depends entirely on the moderator/staff, and the certain member gets the banhammer for those two weeks. Heh.

Anyway, I feel that no matter how many times the warning system has to be changed, that people still have to avoid them, no matter how colorful, or decorative the warnings seem to be.

Eh. All I have to say for now, really. All in all, just great job on making it.
Old January 5th, 2008, 09:40 PM
The Fallen
Donator Tier 5

Nature: Calm
Finally deciding to utilize the forums infraction system; smart move. Not confusing at all, rather common sense. I like how it is put together though. Nice job.
Old January 6th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Avey
Enter The Slasher House

Wow, this is extremely well thought out. Who decided on all of the infraction differences; just Ausaudriel or the entire staff?

Last edited by Avey; September 6th, 2008 at 06:50 PM. Reason: I got bored at ten to four in the morning.
Old January 6th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Teamtyranitar
Fizz-X

Quote:

double posting happens to me alot i post just as the sever gos down so i click it again then i get yelled at
Edit: 130 post <----------- does that count as spam even if the post before it
Old January 6th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamtyranitar View Post
double posting happens to me alot i post just as the sever gos down so i click it again then i get yelled at
Edit: 130 post <----------- does that count as spam even if the post before it
I repeat, none of the rules on PC have changed. All of the rules you're used to following are still the same. Accidental double posting happens sometimes, that's understandable (especially due to server crap-outs).
Old January 6th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
I like the new system, It's simple and easy to keep track of when you've broken the rules. And the points system is useful too because now the mods dont have to tug on an s-mod's+ pants/skirt to ban a member with a 3rd, 6th or 9th infraction. XD
And a yellow card is a lot more of a discreet way to correct a member in my opinion. Stops flaming maybe? Not sure but I'm sure there's a perk along those lines somewhere. XD

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old January 7th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Kraka-chan
From the Kraka Club

Nature: Timid
I've never heard of this system being used in some of the forums I visit.
It's very intimidating. I'd be too afraid to post.

New Sig and Avatar coming soon! Hello, I'm back!
Kraka-chan on DeviantART - YouTube Channel
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:00 AM
PB
'PB

Originally Posted by Kraka-chan View Post
I've never heard of this system being used in some of the forums I visit.
It's very intimidating. I'd be too afraid to post.
Its not a problem if you follow the rules.

Has it starting now then?
Old January 7th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Kylie-chan
the fae sorceress

You know what amuses me about this system? The old warnings stuck, usually, minus the taking-time-into-account-then-manually-banning.

But other than the transition, looks good to me. Wish we'd had these things when I was your age, sonny. ♥

あの交差点で皆がもしスキップをして もしあの町の真中でてを繋いで空を見上げたら
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here