Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 8th, 2009 (05:37 PM).
Zero°
Mirai Nikki
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero°
I have a question:
OK, I understand that infractions are just warnings, but is this any different from referrals?
Old September 8th, 2009 (06:01 PM).
Ursula
have we got a deal?
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Ursula Send a message via Skype™ to Ursula
Referrals are not bad - one receives a referral when someone says they referred them to PokeCommunity.
Old October 14th, 2009 (08:42 PM).
Dr Gregory House

Nature: Gentle
So wait, I've been spending weeks thinking that other people can see my infractions?
:O
Oh and, with the notice at the top of the page, if we already know we have infraction points and it tells us every time we log on, is there no way to turn that off? Or is it a mandatory thing?
Old October 14th, 2009 (08:52 PM).
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Dr Gregory House:
So wait, I've been spending weeks thinking that other people can see my infractions?
:O
Oh and, with the notice at the top of the page, if we already know we have infraction points and it tells us every time we log on, is there no way to turn that off? Or is it a mandatory thing?
Don't need to worry there.. you, and the staff are the only one's who can see your infraction points. xD Everyone else might as well just forget that that tab exists for you. >_>

& That's probably a stuck notification.. :/ It might go away on it's own eventually, but I know to fix that with VMs you have to go delete a few of them. Maybe one of the s-mods could delete/redo one of the infractions.. that would reset it, and might fix the problem.

slateport cityanimu tumblrpair
Currently playing entirely too much ORAS.
Talk to me about Hoenn.
Old October 14th, 2009 (08:56 PM).
Dr Gregory House

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Break.:

& That's probably a stuck notification.. :/ It might go away on it's own eventually, but I know to fix that with VMs you have to go delete a few of them. Maybe one of the s-mods could delete/redo one of the infractions.. that would reset it, and might fix the problem.
Yeah... But I wasn't talking about a pop-up... although that would have been nice... Rather than being scared to death when I read that PM... a pop-up to pre-empt it?
Anyways,
Oh and yes it does go away after browsing around the sight a bit... but every time I log on, I see it, at the top of my page, and yes, I know I have 4 infraction points, I know the consequences.... it just takes up vertical space. It's kinda annoying.
Old October 14th, 2009 (10:15 PM).
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Dr Gregory House:
Yeah... But I wasn't talking about a pop-up... although that would have been nice... Rather than being scared to death when I read that PM... a pop-up to pre-empt it?
Anyways,
Oh and yes it does go away after browsing around the sight a bit... but every time I log on, I see it, at the top of my page, and yes, I know I have 4 infraction points, I know the consequences.... it just takes up vertical space. It's kinda annoying.
Oh, it's a pop-up? :/ I'd say just disable your pop-up notification for that type of message, but then it would do that for all of them, soo.. ><; hmm. I can see how it'd be annoying, though. Wish I could tell you how to actually fix it. x_x

slateport cityanimu tumblrpair
Currently playing entirely too much ORAS.
Talk to me about Hoenn.
Old November 24th, 2009 (05:56 AM).
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
I know it is against the rules to ask for Rom files, but would it still be against the rules to ask for someone to Email the link to the Rom to my personal email then? Cause the link wouldn't be posted on this site, they'd be sending it to my email address.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old December 2nd, 2009 (06:44 AM).
Marksman
Trainer

Location: In front of a Computer with a Chikorita on my shoulder, The UK!!!
Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Konekodemon:
I know it is against the rules to ask for Rom files, but would it still be against the rules to ask for someone to Email the link to the Rom to my personal email then? Cause the link wouldn't be posted on this site, they'd be sending it to my email address.
Surely you can just PM them and ask 'em to do that...I think...Right?

Anyways, there's one thing I wanna make myself clear on...I wanted to check the other Pages, but my Computer is being Terrible at the Moment. Taken me 5 Minutes to post this, and that's AFTER clickin' Post Reply D:<. Anyway, the Question:

If someone has received a Warnin' for an Offence, it expires, and they commit said Offence at a later Time, does the Warnin' become an Infraction or is a new Warnin' bestowed upon 'em?

The Following part has been Customised by me:

Can you raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
92% of tenes hvae moevd on to rap.
If you are prat of the 8% who stlil lteisn to rael msiuc, cpoy and pstae tihs itno yuor siangurte.
98% of the pupaltioon has a Msycape.
If yur'oe prat of the 2% taht deons't or prat of the 98% werhe soneome esle mdae one for you woiuhtt yuor pmesrsioin, cpoy and ptase tihs itno yuor singurate.
Satretd by Blkzaien Lvoer. Csumsiteod by me.
75% of Péookmn graems use chates and slcaepily mdae ceods to mkae tiher Pkmoéon btalte-whorty. If you are one of the 25% taht lveel tehir Pméookn up llagely, put tihs in yuor snirtauge.
If you can raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.

PC Family: Partner in Insanity: Lyulf!

Old December 2nd, 2009 (07:36 AM).
Went
Team Magma Grunt

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
It pretty much depends on the severity of the action, the time from the warning and the judgement of the mod. Sometimes you might even get an infraction right the first time if your post is too bad, so yeah, there isn't an exact rule for that.
Old December 23rd, 2009 (08:55 AM).
.Seth
.explorer.

Nature: Quiet
I'm wondering what my latest infraction was for, since the moderator didn't consider it an argument.

Or is that just his way of saying shut up?
Old January 30th, 2010 (03:29 PM).
winseven4lyf
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to winseven4lyf
Can anyone else but myself and the Moderator see my infractions?
Badges: 0
Pokedex (Seen/Caught): 14/6
My Party: Staravia - Level 15
Chimchar - Level 10
Geodude - Level 6
Zubat - Level 4
Bidoof - Level 2
Date Started: 31 Jan 10
Old January 30th, 2010 (04:33 PM).
Hiidoran
used Bone Club...?
Community Supporter

No, only you and we staff members are able to see infractions.

That tab might as be invisible to everyone else, hun.
Old January 30th, 2010 (04:41 PM).
PokemonLeagueChamp
Traveling Hoenn once more.

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by .Seth:
I'm wondering what my latest infraction was for, since the moderator didn't consider it an argument.

Or is that just his way of saying shut up?
Probably his way of saying shut up. Mods are people too. They can get angry(shocking stuff, huh?).
Old January 30th, 2010 (05:06 PM).
Hiidoran
used Bone Club...?
Community Supporter

Just gonna go ahead and throw this out there:

Moderators cannot just issue infractions because we get frustrated or have a particular emotional reason to give 'em. It is at our discretion whether someone deserves one, but there are some pretty strict rules for what we can and can't do.

So, I'm sure that infraction was perfectly legit.
Old January 30th, 2010 (05:26 PM).
PokemonLeagueChamp
Traveling Hoenn once more.

Nature: Adamant
Just because that may be official policy doesn't mean that it is always followed. This is one of the best moderated forums out there, albeit sometimes annoyingly so, but the staff are not perfect.
Old February 17th, 2010 (06:54 AM).
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Under this system when thing expire they should be removed from your profile. At least for yellow cards since they are less serious so the person's punhisment of having to be reminded or mistakes should be less serious.

P.S.
And anoher question
Old February 17th, 2010 (07:16 AM).
processr
Community Supporter Tier 5

Other users who aren't members of staff can't see your infractions/warnings. It's only you who will see them, so it's really not a concern that they don't 'disappear'.
Old February 17th, 2010 (07:21 AM).
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

^That.

Plus, they need to stay there. Staff need to check to see if you've committed previous offences when deciding to infract you or not. Depending on how many you've had before can make the difference between a friendly PM or an infraction.
Old February 17th, 2010 (08:25 AM).
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NatureKeeper Send a message via Skype™ to NatureKeeper
Quote originally posted by Lawrence:
Just gonna go ahead and throw this out there:

Moderators cannot just issue infractions because we get frustrated or have a particular emotional reason to give 'em. It is at our discretion whether someone deserves one, but there are some pretty strict rules for what we can and can't do.

So, I'm sure that infraction was perfectly legit.

Quote originally posted by The Doctor:
You broke the rules. Whenever you break the rules you're likely to get an infraction. If you don't you're lucky. Especially in a forum like Pixel Art, where the rules are broken multiple times a day, and where a moderator can get extremely frustrated with the posters.
..I am sincerely on the urge to ROFL from the bolded words.
Old February 17th, 2010 (08:29 AM).
processr
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote originally posted by NatureKeeper:
..I am sincerely on the urge to ROFL from the bolded words.
Way to take what was said out of context. The Doctor was frustrated because of the rule-breaking, Lawrence was giving the example of a mod being frustrated when no rule-breaking has taken place. Read what was said a bit more thoroughly next time. :)
Old February 17th, 2010 (08:33 AM).
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NatureKeeper Send a message via Skype™ to NatureKeeper
Quote originally posted by Apophenia:
Way to take what was said out of context. The Doctor was frustrated because of the rule-breaking, Lawrence was giving the example of a mod being frustrated when no rule-breaking has taken place. Read what was said a bit more thoroughly next time.
Then why many other posters who did my mistake recieved more than one chance of post deletion before infractions?
Old February 17th, 2010 (08:47 AM). Edited February 17th, 2010 by Patchisou Yutohru.
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by NatureKeeper:
Then why many other posters who did my mistake recieved more than one chance of post deletion before infractions?
Okay, this is starting to get ridiculous, NatureKeeper. You received a warning for breaking the rules in Pixel Art. That's all there is to it. You're acting very immature in a matter a child would when getting a toy taken away from it. You got a warning, a reason for the warning, the reason is reflected in the rules, learn from it, deal with it, and suck it up. It's really not that difficult.

Posts posted in a forum are subject to approval of the moderator of that forum. That is common knowledge on forum systems of any kind. If they find that your post doesn't fit within the guidelines they created for that forum, then they have the right to take action against your post. That's what they're there for. A warning is much different than in infraction; it's a friendly reminder that "hey, I broke the rules. I should do something about it next time."

You should be grateful you received a warning and not an infraction, which hold point values against you in the future. Count your blessings, darling. Just be glad you got a nice mod and not someone like Harry or myself, where we wouldn't hesitate to infract you for that minor mistake. Different moderators operate differently than others, after all. And just because you don't agree with action against you doesn't mean it was the wrong thing for the moderator to do especially considering the fact that the moderator knows their forum better than anyone and they know what they want out of it.
Old February 17th, 2010 (09:18 AM).
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Quote originally posted by Aladdin:
Okay, this is starting to get ridiculous, NatureKeeper. You received a warning for breaking the rules in Pixel Art. That's all there is to it. You're acting very immature in a matter a child would when getting a toy taken away from it. You got a warning, a reason for the warning, the reason is reflected in the rules, learn from it, deal with it, and suck it up. It's really not that difficult.

Posts posted in a forum are subject to approval of the moderator of that forum. That is common knowledge on forum systems of any kind. If they find that your post doesn't fit within the guidelines they created for that forum, then they have the right to take action against your post. That's what they're there for. A warning is much different than in infraction; it's a friendly reminder that "hey, I broke the rules. I should do something about it next time."

You should be grateful you received a warning and not an infraction, which hold point values against you in the future. Count your blessings, darling. Just be glad you got a nice mod and not someone like Harry or myself, where we wouldn't hesitate to infract you for that minor mistake. Different moderators operate differently than others, after all. And just because you don't agree with action against you doesn't mean it was the wrong thing for the moderator to do especially considering the fact that the moderator knows their forum better than anyone and they know what they want out of it.
Sorry, my perosnality makes me a bit overreactive.

And... Is that something I should be grateful or..

Anyway...

Warning is not as dangerous as Infraction points, but it really does put an Infractions tab in my User Profile...

Any random viewer would say, like 'Omg... This guyz is rulex breakerz! Must not be vizitors to such rulex breakerz!'
..That's really it. I'd be grateful if i is at least hidden.
Old February 17th, 2010 (09:29 AM).
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

It is hidden to normal members. Infraction tabs are only viewable to staff members.

(And omg Nick I am nice. :()
Old April 1st, 2010 (10:42 AM).
zgillis
Action Replay Code Master

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to zgillis Send a message via Yahoo to zgillis
I like that it is more official.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links