The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread

Old March 22nd, 2008, 01:17 PM
digitelanimefan
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Nice hack! I like where this is going, and the story seems interesting.

I wish you'd take some time to at least alter some of the trainer dialogue... Its somewhat disconcerting to be told by a Lass that route 4 is at the base of Mt. Moon.

One question: Did you alter when Mareep evolves? Mine didn't evolve until level 18. Wondered if it was a glitch, or intentional. If its intentional, does Ampharos evolve at a different level too?
Old March 22nd, 2008, 01:29 PM
BlackRainbow*
Pokemon Coralo Version ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitelanimefan View Post

I wish you'd take some time to at least alter some of the trainer dialogue... Its somewhat disconcerting to be told by a Lass that route 4 is at the base of Mt. Moon.

One question: Did you alter when Mareep evolves? Mine didn't evolve until level 18. Wondered if it was a glitch, or intentional. If its intentional, does Ampharos evolve at a different level too?
Um.. mareep basicly evolve at level 18. I'm not really sure about Ampharos
Old March 22nd, 2008, 01:31 PM
digitelanimefan
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by ~Shirin View Post
Um.. mareep basicly evolve at level 18. I'm not really sure about Ampharos
ht tp://serebii.n et/ pokedex-rs/179.shtml

Serebii says they evolve at 15, and I also have memories of having mine evolve at level 15 before.

Not that I'm complaining if its been changed, I'm just trying to figure out if it was a glitch, or intentional.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
Great hack!

But i think you should update the tileset though...

FRLG styled looks a bit... old :P
I actually like the FRLG look, I have made some changes in the way of palletes. For example the trees are brighter and there is a greater contrast in the flowers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitelanimefan View Post

I wish you'd take some time to at least alter some of the trainer dialogue... Its somewhat disconcerting to be told by a Lass that route 4 is at the base of Mt. Moon. :P

Yeah it has been changed. This is because Trapinch and Spheal evolve way later on so I had to compromise and make them all evolve at 18. They evolve again at 36. Their movesets are different too but I will have to change that because I was a little biased to the Trapinch line. Also I'm going to change everyones text just before releasing Milestone 1 as it says in Status.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone noticed but I've added a lot more screens in the first post. They go all the way to Temshore City.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 04:50 PM
DarkFear
I will ^^

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DarkFear
Great storyline, I jus know the end is somehow gonna be EPIC
Old April 22nd, 2008, 08:42 PM
Thrace
@tion

So I've been finalizing the beta, there are really no bugs (that I know of) in the game now, except for the nickname thing. Mostly I've been touching up things here and there. Anyway heres a small preview of what is to come:

Latim City Gym: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR5LStABcio

I realize that I haven't shown any of the scripts I've done so I'll try to show some more of those.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 03:34 AM
Shadow Arcanine
Spriter and OWmaker

Send a message via AIM to Shadow Arcanine
oh, great video, i really like it, exspecially the sprite of the gymleader and the script with surfing, it's much more interesting that misty's gym for example!

and great, would it mean that the beta will come out soon? to which point does it go? second gym?

keep it up, you've got a great hack there

~Pokemon Flame of Rage~ ~Pokemon Legend of Fenju~ ~Pokemon Zephyr~ ~Pokemon Raptor~ ~My Pair~

i'm inactive at the moment, so pls do not ask me to do work for you except i'm in your team

Old April 23rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Arcanine View Post
oh, great video, i really like it, exspecially the sprite of the gymleader and the script with surfing, it's much more interesting that misty's gym for example! ^_^

and great, would it mean that the beta will come out soon? to which point does it go? second gym?

keep it up, you've got a great hack there ^^
Right now I'm just doing all the scripts in the hack, I'm up to Latim City and I've done all the OW's outside and 3 houses, I still need to do 5 more houses and all the scripts in the National Library... after that just a few more scripts til Temshore City which is the end of the beta. Yes there will only be 2 gyms but Temshore and Verasa won't have Gyms, so thats 4 towns in the beta. It will however be quite long I think because of the difficulty level.

On a side note, I just realised that the sprites head seems too big for its body and the OW looks like Kakashi from Naruto. I'd like to get some feedback if possible about it, also it is a water-type gym (obviously) but the sprite suggests it is steel type doesn't it?
Old April 24th, 2008, 03:55 AM
I can haz haxburgrz?
<--- Making Shimmering Pearl

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to I can haz haxburgrz?
hey dyusudydndhdjhdnjd (whatever the heck ur name is i didnt read closely enough) nice hack keep up the good work
off topic: nice sig i cant wait for ninja gaiden 2 either!!!!

Old April 24th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfurby View Post
hey dyusudydndhdjhdnjd (whatever the heck ur name is i didnt read closely enough) nice hack keep up the good work
The name is dshayabusa, you short-sighted person! Anyway, the video is good nothing to change at all.
Old April 28th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfurby View Post
I know, its gonna be so awesome. I'm gonna buy an XBOX 360 just so I can play it.

Well beta 1 is almost here, if you look in the Status part of my first post, I have only a few more things to do. I have about 3 scripts to do in Latim City, a whole bunch in the National Library but most is just text and trainerbattles so it won't take too long. The D/P Pokemon are in the beta but you can't get any. You will however see 1 D/P Pokemon, but that will be in a battle. The Trainer Card sprites are already done as you can see in the first post, I've also got some of the OW sprites done, I only need to do the girl and the boy's running sprites. This all means that if I have the motivation, and if nothing major happens, and the testing is done in time, you can expect a beta by this week. One last thing, here is a few screenies of Miriam's Berry Shop, I don't know why, but I felt like putting one in, so here it is:

Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:42 AM
Thrace
@tion

Beta 1 is available for download now in the first post. It is completely different from the preBeta in fact every map and script has either been completely remade or edited. So go check it out! I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I've also made two new videos, one where you get your first Pokémon and one which has the first event that develops the plot. Both are about 2 minutes long. The links are below.

First Pokémon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQPYohkqKc4

Seeing Dad in Latim City:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaubybODCuU

Last edited by Thrace; May 2nd, 2008 at 02:26 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:09 AM
wildarms001
Random Supporter

wow nice updates there dude and also have a beta :D how many pokes d/p in the beta? tnx :D gudluck hope you can finish this great hack :D

Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:27 AM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildarms001 View Post
wow nice updates there dude and also have a beta :D how many pokes d/p in the beta? tnx :D gudluck hope you can finish this great hack :D
You can't get any D/P Pokemon but you will see one in a battle. Also, both videos are available now.

EDIT: Haha, just realised I didn't really say anything about the beta. It's pretty long, its got 7 routes, 2 mountains/caves, 4 city's and probably over 50 houses. There are also a bunch of side quests some you won't be able to complete fully. There are two gyms but there are a ton of trainers, if you battle every trainer, I'm fairly certain you can get 3 Pokemon to lvl40 so yeah there are a lot of trainers. Also the trainers are harder and have a more diverse range of Pokemon compared to FR/LG/R/S/E etc. Pleas report any bugs/glitches you find even if its small like 1 tile you can move on or text going out of the box. Also I'm sorry to say the OWs are not in the beta, the OWs I've made so far don't look very good and I'm not the best spriter so I want to take my time with them.

Last edited by Thrace; May 2nd, 2008 at 02:35 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:40 AM
simplynaruto
Booted out - don't be like me!

WOW nice beta. I will go try it noooow! And good luck.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:02 AM
Shadow Arcanine
Spriter and OWmaker

Send a message via AIM to Shadow Arcanine
well, maybe it's just my rom, but when the man in the second town took me in a building the game restarts .__. and i wanted so much to see what's in this building T_T"

but the first town and route is great xD

~Pokemon Flame of Rage~ ~Pokemon Legend of Fenju~ ~Pokemon Zephyr~ ~Pokemon Raptor~ ~My Pair~

i'm inactive at the moment, so pls do not ask me to do work for you except i'm in your team

Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:22 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
lovely hack, though here are some errors of what I found so far...

hold onto your hat, 'cause this ain't pretty...
Attached Images
File Type: png genesis_01.png‎ (8.6 KB, 68 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png genesis_02.png‎ (7.0 KB, 73 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png wow.PNG‎ (90.6 KB, 73 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png genesis_03.png‎ (9.4 KB, 71 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:35 AM
simplynaruto

OMG its palkia! What was he thinking.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:39 AM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Arcanine View Post
well, maybe it's just my rom, but when the man in the second town took me in a building the game restarts .__. and i wanted so much to see what's in this building T_T"

but the first town and route is great xD
Yeah sorry, it was a really stupid mistake not even a script just a behaviour problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
lovely hack, though here are some errors of what I found so far...

hold onto your hat, 'cause this ain't pretty...
First 3 has been fixed the last one I can't fix at the moment.

I re-uploaded the beta and hopefully this one will work.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:41 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

k, thanks.
I'll report anything that are glitchy.
also, have you fixed the movement permissions in the first town..?

~edit~
I guess you haven't yt, and there's still a Palkia in the first route... :\

Last edited by destinedjagold; May 2nd, 2008 at 03:48 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:53 AM
simplynaruto

Yeah it also stops me at the building he leads me to. I go in and the game goes black. The roms not bad cause I use it with every other patch and there fine.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:54 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

he already put up a new patch. try it out.

edit...
btw, I caught myself a Palkia, so er, yay?

Last edited by destinedjagold; May 2nd, 2008 at 06:05 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 04:05 AM
simplynaruto

Oh ok thnx. I will download now.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:24 AM
Archayos
THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Archayos Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Archayos
Wow... Just... wow. O_O

My standards are pretty high for hacks, considering that most of them have a generic storyline with some edited dialogs and sprites. But this one has piqued my interest. And I love your mapping. Really, it's so decorative.

I'll download the Beta later and then tell you exactly what the glitches are. Ah, and I'll give you a pretty good review too.
Want your game's name here? PM me!

Quote:
In Mimi's terms: "You're stupid. Go away."
/\ I said that to some random guy pestering me for a resource. :/
Old May 2nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
Newpkmnhack
Beginning Trainer

good storyline but it does not look like much has changes alright i know that the story line has changes and ect but when oak opens up the game and the person u play sprite looks the same shudent you change it to give the new effect to the game
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here