Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page The Grand Tournament OOC thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Closed Thread

Old January 18th, 2008 (08:57 AM). Edited January 18th, 2008 by Jim.
Dinner

Nature: Relaxed
Also, considering practically every RPer in this RP seems to be currently online It'd be a good time to remind people about the 'Preview Post' button helps to avoid posting conflicts.

Shiny Eevee, no. No shinies, espescially not this early.

Also after the Mankey Boy (XD) battle has finished would it be better to progress?
Old January 18th, 2008 (09:18 AM).
Enter The Slasher House

But he completely ignored you, Kat.

Anyways, I think my first catch will be a Pichu... If we're able to catch Pokemon?
Old January 18th, 2008 (09:20 AM).

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Kansas Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kansas
ya i'm definitely all for progressing after the battle finishes... it would be ideal

Credit for Siggy goes to Jim <3
Old January 18th, 2008 (09:25 AM).
Dinner

Quote originally posted by Oni Raichu:
But he completely ignored you, Kat.

Anyways, I think my first catch will be a Pichu... If we're able to catch Pokemon?
A Pichu, but somebody got a Pikachu as a starter, It's sort of like catching a Charmander. But as long as Kat and Lash are okay with it. ¦\
Old January 18th, 2008 (09:27 AM).
Enter The Slasher House

Sorry about not updating on the battle, I've been beta-ing to fan fictions.
Old January 18th, 2008 (09:34 AM).
→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;

Send a message via AIM to Trainer Kat Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trainer Kat
Oh, no, I'm all for being able to catch the other starters. Two people having the same species at some point is totally okay. After all, Jim, we were almost Pichu rivals once. xD

Kat's gonna hold off catching for a tad. Though, surprise surprise, her first catch is gonna be a Gastly. [NOT Meowth?! :-O]

I'm slightly stuck-up and aesthetics-obsessed, so it's highly unlikely you'll see me use anything but shiny Pokemon.
Deal with it. :]
Old January 18th, 2008 (09:37 AM).

Send a message via AIM to Kansas Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kansas
i haven't decided my first pokemon... its between Slakoth, Nidoran, andddd MANKEY! XDDDDD

Old January 18th, 2008 (09:39 AM).

Send a message via AIM to Trainer Kat Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trainer Kat
ROFL!!!
xDD

You know, what's really funny is that he got Chimchar. I hadn't even noticed until Fen pointed it out. xD

By the way, I PMed Quasar, asking him to change the color of his Eevee. Hopefully he'll listen.

I'm slightly stuck-up and aesthetics-obsessed, so it's highly unlikely you'll see me use anything but shiny Pokemon.
Old January 18th, 2008 (09:41 AM).

lmao ya when i realized you gave Oni, Chimchar. I just shook my head in disappointment saying "oh man... this ones too easy...." rofl

Old January 18th, 2008 (09:46 AM).
Enter The Slasher House

I posted in the RP.

It ws originally a... A... I can't remember... Some grass Pokemon, I think, I asked to change.
Old January 18th, 2008 (09:50 AM). Edited January 18th, 2008 by Jim.
Dinner

A Mankey would just be the best, espescially if it started to sniff around 'Mankey-boy".

I may catch a couple of things quite early because I don't plan for my characterless Totodile too evolve. But at the moment he's happy attacking my bag. Whatever I catch will more than likely be a Pokemon that can learn lots of attacks from all different types. (i.e how Nidoran can learn Thunderbolt via TM etc.)

How will TMs work? There should be a move tutor in each new town that teaches any one of your Pokemon one of three moves XD (Somewhere along the line, probably Vermillion/Cerulean could be a Thunderbolt, Flamethrower Icebeam) [/rantaboutnothing]

Either way, as long as Totodile gets to learn Iron tail, I'm happy. Also I may get a Mewoth, I love Meowths as long as they WALK ON FOUR LEGS! Ever since the anime, every art and game sprite has depiced it as a bipedal (two legged) Pokemon and I'm sick of it ;_;

Edit: My first Pokemon will be a Skitty It can learn things like Thunder,bolt, Ice Beam etc. It's cute too <3 (And it must learn Double Team >D)
Old January 18th, 2008 (10:01 AM).

haha ya, good point, Jim. I've decided that the only pokes i'm gonna catch in this RP are ones who's eyes are half closed or look like they're tired all the time. I.e. Slakoth, Numel, Torkoal, Croagunk, (Medicham)? that should be entertaining... awhole team of pokes that look like Fen

Old January 18th, 2008 (10:04 AM).

Originally I had Oni with Torchic. Though, I don't blame you for wanting to switch. I don't care much for Torchic either. e_e

I think I may keep the rest of my Pokemon a surprise. xD Though, I always catch pretty much the same Pokemon, so it won't be too hard to guess.

...Mt. Moon, here I come. xDD

EDIT: Ahaha, Evkay, you should catch Uxie when we can start getting legends. xD

Old January 18th, 2008 (10:32 AM).

rofl Uxie would be perfect! i've been lookin down the pokedex to see who there is... I have to get out of my battle time warp before i can catch pokemon though... lol

Old January 18th, 2008 (10:33 AM).

Yeah, as soon as you said it, I went straight to Serebii to find a good legend. xD

Spinda could possibly work. It looks dizzy, rather than tired, but hey...

Old January 18th, 2008 (10:38 AM).
Dinner

No, no legendaries ;_; I hate all legendaries (the little blighters). Well, the only legendary I actually like isn't a unique Pokemon, there's apparantley a lot of them (Raikou)

^Perfect.
Old January 18th, 2008 (10:41 AM).

I like them as Pokemon. I can't stand when the 10 year olds come in on Wifi with their team of all legendaries, or when they're made out to be stronger than they really are.

Entei and Darkrai happen to be two of my favorite Pokemon...they're too cute for words. :3

Old January 18th, 2008 (10:47 AM).
Dinner

Quote originally posted by Trainer Kat:
I like them as Pokémon. I can't stand when the 10 year olds come in on Wifi with their team of all legendaries, or when they're made out to be stronger than they really are.

Entei and Darkrai happen to be two of my favorite Pokemon...they're too cute for words. :3
To be honest that's what made me hate them XD

But after I saw the 10th movie with Darkrai I have grown fond of it. You should limit it too one legendary per team. (Well that's if the RP gets past Cerulean city, never mind the actual Grand tournament XD) And I also like Celebi.

Edit: And no Ubers and/or unique Pokemon, like Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Arcues (Especially).
Old January 18th, 2008 (10:54 AM).

Quote originally posted by Jim:
You should limit it too one legendary per team.
Yeah, you'll see when/if we get to the Grand Tournament, but like all tournaments, it has its rules, and no one can use more than one legendary in the tournament.

Yeah, NO ARCEUS.

Guess what? I'm skipping class! >.>

Old January 18th, 2008 (11:00 AM).
Dinner

Good girl

(Should I be encouraging this?... Meh)

I'll make it my life mission too see this RP through to the end. And I just remembered what you said about being able to catch starters. By the way, someone who spells you as 'u' and too/to as '2' is viewing *hopes there's no sign up*
Old January 18th, 2008 (11:06 AM).

Haha, don't worry, I had the one-legendary idea for a while [however, I'd be fine with CATCHING more than one, as long as you don't USE more than one, and everyone gets a legendary before people start catching two.]

If there is, they'll be denied. Honestly, I'm all for new people being able to join RPs, but I do want this RP to be...well...high-quality. If I can't read what someone saying, it's pointless.

EDIT:
Oh duh, you were talking about skipping class. xD
Bah, it's friday, I am SO ready to be done for the week. College is so stressful.

DON'T SKIP CLASS GUYS!!!

Old January 18th, 2008 (11:14 AM).
Enter The Slasher House

I'll take either Suicune or Zapdos, if what I'm reading isn't a hoax.
Old January 18th, 2008 (11:17 AM).
Dinner

You'll TAKE? XD

Remember, it's the fourth page and we haven't even left the lab gates, now we have to go through millions of routes, cities and caves before legendaries are even mentioned XDD

Although I'm thinking of train rides, cycle road, public transport, cable cars etc may speed us up, we could get a lift from the Prof. too Viridian XD
Old January 18th, 2008 (11:18 AM).
Enter The Slasher House

It's always smart to think ahead.
Old January 18th, 2008 (11:20 AM).

Dude we are gonna hafta make more than one thread if we're gonna see this through to the end [which we are, RIGHT?! xD]

Yeah, you can catch legendaries. It's not a hoax.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links