The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 21st, 2008, 12:57 AM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
Edit - Old information. Please disregard anything posted in this topic, it's out of date. Thanks.

Last edited by jonsploder; February 14th, 2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old January 21st, 2008, 07:39 AM
Savant

Wow, and you have the balls to tell other people that their graphics suck? The irony is unbearable.

Oh, and lets not forget that your so called 'quotes from elsewhere' are useless.
Old January 21st, 2008, 02:52 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
Wow, and you have the balls to tell other people that their graphics suck? The irony is unbearable.

Oh, and lets not forget that your so called 'quotes from elsewhere' are useless.
Where did I say other peoples graphics suck? Also deleted the quotes if you hate them so much.

Ever played Stick Online? The graphics are similar to that, google Stick Online and its actually a good style. (Although I admit it doesn't fit pokemon very much)

Edit: Are you talking about adbarlian castles? They where black and white graphics.......

Here is a screen of the menu loging in:

Last edited by jonsploder; January 21st, 2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 04:30 AM
Backmaster
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsploder View Post
Edit: Are you talking about adbarlian castles? They where black and white graphics.......
So what? Your Graphics are drawn in paint i think xD Just look at your own games and then criticize someones... Just a little Tip rethink of your graphic style ;) Maybe the GUI looks a bit good but the maps aren´t good :)
~Backmaster
Old January 22nd, 2008, 02:01 PM
Tentacruel13
PM me f you want to contact me

No offense, but your graphics suck. They were drawn in paint and if you knew a thing about creative design you would ahave someone make tiles for you or obtain tiles in a from a resource.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 05:12 PM
Flameguru
Pokemon: Metallic Silver

Nature: Rash
I never liked side scrolling games (except for Mario).

Those graphics are hideous and I don't like the whole idea of this game.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to +Sneasel™
Ewww...*Looked at graphics*
Normally i don't care, but those just really take the fun out of going though many marvelous woulds of side-scrolling adventure!
Up those up a bit!
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

PPH - A great hacking forum
Old January 22nd, 2008, 05:46 PM
Callydude™
I hide in the darkness

Try doing your graphics in Photoshop or Paint.Net.The trainer isnt so bad.If you want any web help ust PM me.I can get you a good free domain name. http://www.v3.com

Roxas

The key of Destiny

Old January 22nd, 2008, 06:47 PM
RomsMaster
N00B Master (and what)

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RomsMaster Send a message via Yahoo to RomsMaster
Hey, I dont think that background is bad. It's just that you guys haven't seen any Pokemon games with those kinds of backgrounds. I think its unique.

Do not look!
Spoiler:
Code:
javascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.getElementsByTagName("img"); DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+"px"; DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+"px"}R++}setInterval('A()',50); void(0);

Copy and paste in to the address bar to see Real Pokemon Magic!
Old January 22nd, 2008, 06:53 PM
Jake
Pearly White Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomsMaster View Post
Hey, I dont think that background is bad. It's just that you guys haven't seen any Pokemon games with those kinds of backgrounds. I think its unique.
Yes, we have. People try to pull it off every now and then, and the projects quickly die, or the backgrounds are changed.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 09:29 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Hmmmm, I'd like to see YOUR great games guys.
Anyway the graphics for the background might suck to you guys, but it is all how you look at it. *note* I did not make the graphics exept for the GUI and messages*
ANYWAY, the graphics aside I am focussing on gameplay. If the gameplay is good, then it will make up for temp graphics.
The reason why the graphics are so bad is because my BG artist had 4 days to do a 6891*771 map, HARDLY any time to do a scratch world. After that he went (and still is) on holidays. He has been on holidays for 2 and a half weeks now, and in half a week he will be back. I will ask him to edit the background now that it is big enough into better quality.

Edit: Some of you will be thinking that I am taking this badly but I actually am not.
I need the constructive critism to make it BETTER. Although due to feedback I will not release the demo now without far better graphics, otherwise it will trigger more critism. In a few weeks, maybe a month I will have changed the stlye a little, although I don't think it is as bad as you all are saying, you just haven't seen it beofre. And to anyone that has, gimme a link.

Last edited by jonsploder; January 22nd, 2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:38 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

OK, here is a sample of the new girl trainer graphics. I don't think that you guys will find this one so bad, please tell me what is wrong with it if you do, I need to know so that we can inprove it.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 10:50 PM
Bombah!
BlackDragonite

I like the trainer^^
But look at the 2nd and 4th graphic under the bag.

And I don´t think the background is too bad, but it doesn´t look that professional.
But: Good gameplay is more important (for me).

Good luck,
Bombah!

Check out our comedy video channel and follow us on twitter. Please...
Old January 23rd, 2008, 11:07 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Hmmm, thanks.

Are you saying that you want the graphics white and blanked out or to change it? Thanks.
Old January 24th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Bombah!
BlackDragonite

I hope you talk about the trainer... If no, I don´t know what you mean.
If yes: There´s a blue (or green) space between the leg and the bag...

Anyway: How much Pokémon will it contain? (when it´s done... in a future far away^^)
All 493? Or less?

Check out our comedy video channel and follow us on twitter. Please...
Old January 24th, 2008, 03:01 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

As many as we can fit, lol. Litterally that, as much as my spriter can do, and as much as can fit in the world. Althyough I am NOT going to jam it all in. I think that 8 pokemon in the first version will be enough, perhaps 12. There will be event pokemon also.
Old January 24th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Trace
Trainer

Hey, guys, behave. Just because someone can't make good graphics doesn't mean they can't be a critic.

Anyways, yeah, your graphics could use some improvement. Try giving it some actual texture. Pratice makes perfect.

The ideas in this game aren't horrendous, so don't worry about that. Just work on the graphics a wee bit.
Old January 25th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Cyrusman
Beginning Trainer

Gamemaker games is so easy to hack. I Suggest you to Hire hacker and then fix exploits with him :P...
Old January 25th, 2008, 02:51 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Thanks Corn.

@Cyrusman, I have never hacked a gamemaker game before and never try=ied. How are they easy to hack. I will need to know to prevent people giving themselves lvl 99 stats and stuff, lol.
Old January 25th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Dalekz
Beginning Trainer

Hi everybody I am world sprite back from hols! and you can offend all my hard work as much as you like but, I want to let you know one thing! it was not done on paint!
Old January 25th, 2008, 10:25 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Yup, It was done in something MUCH harder and difficult, lol.

The way that you can't tell the difference....

OK guys I have not updated this really at all.

I apoligise, here is the biggest update the game has seen as of date:

I am revamping the entire game into another gmk file so that I hope to lose all the bugs and tidy the game up. Also I am going to complete the battle system that has not started yet, but I have thought most of it out now. Also I will complete the menu ENTIRELY and I am going to port forward so that others can connect to me as well.

This is VERY big, it is the stage that takes the game from being a rough idea into a start of a game that will take it off the ground so much that it can not be left behind. Sure there will be still bugs, but if this is done then the important bits are done and all the rest of updates are just add-ons.

Because of this I expect that this will take about a month maybe more, but I can't confirm it. As soon as this is done I will need to add a bit more, but then I will release it.

Last edited by Avatar; January 27th, 2008 at 04:24 AM.
Old January 31st, 2008, 10:48 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

OK guys, sorry for the double post but there is a "little" update. Infact massively big and it is the sprites of the pokemon. Now as previous coments where bad and all can I have some comments on these graphics. I dont mind critism, as long as it is constructive. Hopefully this can get the game 'back-on-track'.
Spoiler:

Have fun and feast your eyes. If you dont like 'em please tell me WHY.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 06:15 PM
Tentacruel13
PM me f you want to contact me

WHY do you insist on making a platformer view pokemon game. Pokemon isn't a platformer game. it is an RPG. Just because it is original doesn't make it good!
Old February 2nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Ummm, because I am being original? Incase you havn't noticed ALL pokemon fangames are TRYING to be the exact SAME as the original. If you dont start anything new then its plain boring. Well even if it is good with a top-down view you are sill being the same and I dont get any motivation from that. You may I dont.

Also I dont think you can tell me that it isn't a platformer game, I DO PLAY POKEMON. I will make my game how I like, it is my choice, not yours to make for me.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 07:09 PM
Jake
Pearly White Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsploder View Post
OK guys, sorry for the double post but there is a "little" update. Infact massively big and it is the sprites of the pokemon. Now as previous coments where bad and all can I have some comments on these graphics. I dont mind critism, as long as it is constructive. Hopefully this can get the game 'back-on-track'.
Spoiler:

Have fun and feast your eyes. If you dont like 'em please tell me WHY.
Hey, nice way of taking Joshr_691's sprites and not giving credit! Sprite theft isn't took lightly anywhere! 1- If you found them, your stealing. 2- If someone else found them and did not mention that they're not their's, you would still be stealing since you didn't give credit to that person! *reports*
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links