The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What should Pokemon Radiant Sun's companion version be called?
Pokemon Luminous Moon 7 100.00%
Pokemon Abyssmal Moon 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 26th, 2008, 02:26 PM
GunSaberSeraph
Durandal of the Devic Era

Nature: Calm
New Update! Characters, Rivals,gym leaders, and new legendaries added!
I'm Making my first Rom hack ever called Radiant Sun. It's based in a new region called Haru
and its a game adaption of a fanfiction I wrote a while ago. It'll be a hack of Pokemon Firered and here's what i'll try to include:

- All 386 Advance generation Pokemon
- Select Diamond and Pearl Pokemon (including sinnoh starters)
- Phone System
- New Gyms
- An Extra Island Region (undine islands)
- An actual tournament style Pokemon League (With Elite Four at the end)

Any help or tips are encouraged (i'll need a scripter, a person who can edit battle sprites, aw, heck i'll take any help)

Story
It's your 10th birthday and you wake up in your bedroom in Breezefall Town. Your mother greets you and tells you to take your new bike and ride it to the poketrain station at route 401 to go to the Pokemon lab in Hailtech City. When you reach Hailtech, you meet the eccentric
Professor Cedar who studies Pokemon attributes and natures. After you choose your starter(one of the Sinnoh starters) a man from the Haru crime organization called Team Andromeda attacks the lab and tries to kidnap Profesor Cedar. Being the valiant trainer you are, you chase the Andromeda grunt out into Hailtech square and use your Pokemon to defeat him. Afterwards Profesor Cedar rewards you with your secondary starter ( your choice between a starter from any of the other regions) and then he sends you off to start your journey to rule the Haru League!

More Features
- Two new Boy and Girl Trainers with their own speaking roles
- New Team Andromeda
- All Legendaries from advance generation, Manaphy, plus two new ones representing the sun and moon!
- 8 New gym leaders whose battles stlyes feature themes instead of types ( i.e. Sound attacks, special effects)

New Trainers
Like I mentioned before, Two new lead trainers with their own lines in the story. Their names are Hayate (Boy) and Raziel (girl) . of course you can change their names of course. But since i can't do Trainer sprites for the life of me, so i'm holding a sprite editing contest! Here's how it works, below i'll display descriptions of Hayate and Raziel while contest participants will study these descriptions and create an overworld sprite and two in battle sprites (front and back) for each trainer. Once you're done just
email it to [email protected]

Rules
1. Only members of pkmncommunity can participate (duh)
2. Posting my email address here means i trust you guys, so no sending anything besides the sprite entries!
3.If you are spriting for both Hayate and Raziel, send me both their entries seperatly.
4. if you are interrested in joining the contest please post in this thread in advance. (or Pm me. which is probably better)
5. Sprites must look similar to my descriptions and look like genune trainer spites. i only expect the best.
6. e-mails containing entries must also include:
User Name
Spriting Experience
Hack Projects you've helped in
Any other credentials

Rewards
The winner(s) will not only have their trainer designs appear in Radiant Sun, but i will give them credit, and start a Hacking team with them (or join theirs. my strong suit is Concepts and Mapping.) Plus, if i am greatly impressed by the winner's spritework, i'll write them in as a member of the Haru Elite Four!

*if you want to recommend someone then more power to you!

Descriptions
Raziel
Height: Same as May's (R/S/E)
Hair: Brown
Eyes:Green
Bag: Laptop Carrier

A rambunctious young girl from Breezefall Town. Light Brown Hair tied into a ponytail with a white scrunchie/Barette. Wears a Pink hoodie jacket with red trims. Carries a Bag that looks like a laptop tote.
Hayate's Contest Spot is closed
Hayate
Height: Same as brendan's(R/S/E)
Hair: Green
Eyes: Optional
Bag: Optional

Resident smart alec of Breezefall Town with an urge to help people in trouble. Green hair that reaches his shoulders. Wears A silver shirt with black trims. Blue Pants. his design description is'nt as strict as Raziel's.
Hayate's OW(credit to megiddo):
Hayate1.png

Hayate's Battle Sprite(credit to omomo0725):
Hayate Battle.png

Anyways pm me if you want to compete. i'll post a deadline if i see any interest. Now only Raziel is left.

More about Raziel & Hayate
Not all Heroes are exactly perfect. And my two new trainers will have their own share of flaws. Raziel, although a very gifted trainer, has a rather huge ego which puts people off and can get her into trouble. As for Hayate, he treasures his friends more than anything else... to a rather extreme point. Although he would'nt look like It, he can become incredibly overprotective of others. But exactly why is a mystery...

Rival(s)
Ah, the rival... of the greatest staples in pokemon. What feels better than one Trainer dedicated to crush you under the agony of defeat? Three trainers!
I first got the idea when in the other forums about rivals where some people were complaining about how the newer rivals were too nice and cheery, While other people thought that the original rivals were too mean and their hatred against you seemed too random. So in Radiant Sun i've decided to add a mean rival, a friendly advarsary, and lastly, a neutral nemesis!

Hitomi (friendly)
Female
When you first meet Hitomi she challenges you to a battle just for the heck of it. while traveling through Haru she'll pop up a couple of times to help you mostly, but will treat you to a quick sparring match every once in a while.

Mikado(mean)
Male
You'll probably meet Mikado at a mini-tournament in Atmos City. Anyways when you meet him, he'll make it very clear that he doesn't like you in the first scene you see him. Which puts off both your friendly and neutral rivals who are also in the tournament. Apparently you both have a history together, but what...?

Steelie(neutral, you change his name at the begining. Steelie is just a choice)
The first of the three rivals you face off against. Unlike Hitomi and Mikado, instead of being definetly nice or cruel, he'll just play mind games with you when battling, but he'd be perfectly willing to work together with you when the need arises.

i'll update when i can, and i'll add more concepts and maps when i get started.

Towns
The main theme in Pokemon Radiant Sun will be the weather, so, i'm naming most of the towns after words that have to do with the weather. (i.e. Breezefall Town)

Breezefall Town (Hometown)
Hailtech City(Pokemon Lab)
Dunedraft City(First Gym)
Northfront Town(Second Gym)
Kozufoot Town(Third Gym, Poke Daycare)
Sunnycide City(Fourth Gym, Beach Resort)
Atmos City(Fifth Gym, Game Corner, Mini Tournament)
Southfront Town(Sixth Gym)
Stratos City (Seventh Gym)
Nighttide City(Eighth Gym)
Heliotopolis City(Haru League)
(Not all the towns, names are subject to change)

Gym System
Like I mentioned before, Some of my gyms will feature special battle themes instead of types. I can't promise all of them will but it's still a nice feature if i do say so myself. Here are some examples.
Dunedraft City Gym:
Leader: Wave Rider Sandy(Male)
A rather free spirited Young Man with a deep passion for surfing. Being a great surfer, he often frequents the best beaches in Haru when he's on break from his gym duties. He believes that the essence of all beaches of made of sand and water, so he uses both ground and water type pokemon in battle.

Atmos City Gym:
Leader: Generation DJ Melanie(Female)
The most popular Disk Jockey in the Haru Region. Her battling career started when she worked at Atmos City's local nightclub. one day a trainer challenged her to a battle. Her fighting style was so unique that the Haru league council took notice and appointed her as Atmos's new gym leader. Since she has a love for music, her team features pokemon that have attacks which have to do with sound. ( I Have a rather nice surprise concerning the puzzle in her gym... mwa ha ha ha ha....)

Supporting Cast
Professor Cedar
Head Professor of Hailtech City's Pokemon Lab. Much younger than the professors in the other regions, Prof.Cedar's profession is pokemon abilities and natures. In the begining of the game Cedar gives you one starter and then another as a reward for foiling a Team Andomeda grunt's kidnapping plot. If I become great at scripting, i'll have him check the nature of the pokemon at the top of your roster and point out their strong points.

New Pokemon
I'm planning to add some D/P pokemon to Radiant Sun, but only a few.
- D/P starters and their evolutions
- Leafeon and glaceon
-Gallade
-Ambipom
-Gabite and its evolutions
-Manaphy
And that's it. or at least the ones i think are nescessary.
New Legendaries
Here's info on the Two new legendaries! Now new info on Stellibra!
Solentinel
The Solar Sentinel Pokemon
Type: Fire/Electric
Ability: Drought

Description: After Arceus created the sun to warm the earth, part of the sun's essence gained it's own free will and formed itself into Solentinel. Solentinel represents Protection against all darkness and harm, and it is said that solentinel's existence gave pokemon the ability to defend themselves.

Lunjitsu
The Lunar Shinobi Pokemon
Type: Dark/Fighting
Ability: Speed Boost

Description: After the moon was created by the remnants of the darkness that used to cover the earth, the essence of the dark side of the moon was overcome by rage and gave birth to Lunjitsu. Lunjitsu represents Stealth and the thirst to kill. it is said that Lunjitsu's existence gave pokemon the ability to attack.

Stellibra
The Comet Balancer Pokemon
Type: Ice/Rock

Description: An ancient tribal Fresco describes Stellibra as a Justice that judges the actions of humans and pokemon and symbolizes order and obediance. it is said that Stellibra's existence gave pokemon the ability to follow human commands.
Maps
Every time i make a good map i'll make an attachment of it for people to see and rate.

Spoiler:

Breezefall2redo.gifBreezefall3.gif
After being reviewed, i made a redone version of Breezefall town. The large house at the right is the player's the house at the left is vacant(which plays a very important role in the story.) the path guarded by the police officer leads to the S.S. Atlantis which takes you to Heliotopolis Island where you fight other trainers in the pokemon league. the path at the right is an alternate path you can take to go home after you beat the eighth gym. the top path is Route 401 where you ride your bike to hailtech city's lab at the begining of the game. i might add a fourth path so Breezefall town will be at a crossroad.

Nin recently created a new version of Hailtech City (Please Rate from 1 to 10) NEW!
http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?i...echcitypk2.png

Extra Stuff

Q and A
Q: Will Radiant Sun have a companion version?(i.e. Red and Blue, Gold and silver)
A: No, i'm not evil like nintendo who'll make two versions of the exact same game and will force you to trade to get all pokemon. Although if there was an opposite version i would probably call it Luminous Moon. But if people like Radiant Sun enough after the final beta is released(which i'm sure they will.:) ) i'll create a Diamond and Pearl remake hack called Luminous Moon.(which would be awesome since i could add a day/night system and super contests. Don't get your hopes up too high though.

Help Section

-need someone who can make banners
- Main trainer sprite contest above
- A pro music customizer
- A tileset that sort of resembles the temple of the sea from the 9th movie.
- Any and all help

anyways this is it for now. i'll add new info on characters later. now i'll focus on maps.
Important News!
Forum Member Megiddo has created an OW sprite for Hayate! anbody whose interested in making an in battle sprite for can use ths as an example:
Spoiler:

Now Megiddo's gone and made an OW Sprite for Raziel!
here it is: http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/h...rrent=15_0.jpg
(plz post comments! Constructive critizism accepted)
New Radiant Sun Banners

anyone who wants to support Radiant Sun by putting this in their sig can, but they have to give credit to Nin.

(Credit goes to omomo0725)

Brand New Journey!
The main objective Radiant Sun's adventure will be split into two different Arcs. In Arc1, you will travel around the Haru region and obtain the 8 league badges. Once you do so, you'll gain access to Heliotopolis Island where you challenge other trainers in Haru. After winning the Haru League tournament, the second Arc opens with the Elite Four challenging you to fight them.

To face off against this powerful crew, you must travel to another brand new region, the Undine Islands! Each Elite Four member resides in their own Battle Palace, and after you beat them, all you'll gain access to the final palace, which holds the Haru league's Elite Four champion.

Also, at many points during your journey you'll fight against the mysterious organization known Team Andromeda. what are Team Andromeda's intentions, and what threat do they hold against the entire Haru region?

Last edited by GunSaberSeraph; February 20th, 2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: New Info on Legendaries
Old January 26th, 2008, 02:36 PM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to +Sneasel™
Cool, if you can implement all those ideas into the ROM, it will be good.

The best one is the last one, saying that there will be an actual tournament, it seems cool.

Best of luck!
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

PPH - A great hacking forum
Old January 26th, 2008, 08:25 PM
kebbles
Rom Hacker.

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by itman1234 View Post
Cool, if you can implement all those ideas into the ROM, it will be good.

The best one is the last one, saying that there will be an actual tournament, it seems cool.

Best of luck!
Lol itman i've had that tournament idea from the start and you never said you liked it.

When the world is in its final moments..
Where will you be?
Old January 26th, 2008, 08:41 PM
adamb241
Pokémon Raging Fury

Nature: Brave
What do you mean by tournament style?

\-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
+A new project from Dark Steel Productions+
Old January 27th, 2008, 05:54 PM
GunSaberSeraph

you know how in the show ash fights in a tournament against tons of other trainers? that's what i mean. after you win the tournament you get a pass to fight the elite four.

he probably forgot yours.. sorry to steal your thunder...

Last edited by GunSaberSeraph; January 27th, 2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 28th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Binary
え?

Nice, idea, the story also sounds interesting, and your ideas also sound interesting...hope to see that you put them together, good luck!

~C3LEBI
Old January 31st, 2008, 02:37 PM
GunSaberSeraph

i've been having trouble as to how you're supposed to add new pokemon. like i said above,i'm planning to add pokemon from diamond and pearl (just the starters and some Pre/post evolutions). Anyways, so far i've been looking into it and it seems like i can only replace other pokemon with new ones. does anyone know how to add pokemon without losing any of the others? if i can't how do i change the cries?
Old January 31st, 2008, 03:13 PM
Dunsparce
The Land Snake Pokemon

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphinw1 View Post
All Legendaries from advance generation, Manaphy, plus two new ones representing the sun and moon!
Ironic. About a year ago, I developed a Solar Eclipse Pokemon and a Lunar Eclipse Pokemon.

I had IVs, Moves, Typing, ect. I made them before D/P English Release, so all the D/P attacks have their Japanese names.

My Cherish Pokemon Thread!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...43#post4831443

Last edited by Dunsparce; January 31st, 2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old January 31st, 2008, 03:49 PM
GunSaberSeraph

really? you want to help me out with spriting my new pokemon? (those two will be the only fake ones i think i'll add... i might add a mew-type legendary that represents the stars.

Last edited by GunSaberSeraph; January 31st, 2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: grammer
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:08 PM
Dunsparce
The Land Snake Pokemon

Quote:
really? you want to help me out with spriting my new pokemon? (those two will be the only fake ones i think i'll add... i might add a mew-type legendary that represents the stars.
I'm no good w/Spirting. Only Making Facts and Figured For Pokemon.

I can construct the mechanics of your new Pokemon, but only with these

-Physical Description, so I know what moves work on it. Also, some background info, so I can incorporate moves that fit in their legends (I won't tell, as I myself have make 40+ Fakemon that I don't want to talk about much)
-Type
-Abilities
-What are the Generation Limitations for moves/abilities (1st-3rd Gen or 1st-4th Gen)
-RSE Battle Mechanices or DP Battle Mechanics

Old January 31st, 2008, 06:45 PM
GunSaberSeraph

okay then, here are my descriptions

Sun Legendary(nameless)
Solar Sentinel Pokemon
Large, Hulking. Red and Gold armour. works well with physical moves, but his type allows him to tap in powerful special attacks. i basically want it to use moves like Overheat,Thunderbolt,slash,earthquake,screech,protect. Hms it can learn are flash,strength,Rock smash, and fly.since it represents the sun it's ablity could drought. 1st-3rd gen moves.

Moon Legendary(can''t think of a name for this guy, either.)
Moon Shinobi Pokemon
Type: Dark/Rock
You heard right, a ninja based legendary. his strengths are speed and special attacks,can learn moves that inflict statuses
attacks: Extrme speed shadowball,agility,rest,swagger,... you know stuff like that. Hms could be dig,cut,rocksmash,waterfall.
1st-3rd gen attacks.

in thanks for helping me i'll let you name pm your ideas to me (i'll even let you be my first community friend.)
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:53 PM
Dunsparce
The Land Snake Pokemon

Quote:
okay then, here are my descriptions

Sun Legendary(nameless)
Solar Sentinel Pokemon
Large, Hulking. Red and Gold armour. works well with physical moves, but his type allows him to tap in powerful special attacks. i basically want it to use moves like Overheat,Thunderbolt,slash,earthquake,screech,protect. Hms it can learn are flash,strength,Rock smash, and fly.since it represents the sun it's ablity could drought. 1st-3rd gen moves.

Moon Legendary(can''t think of a name for this guy, either.)
Moon Shinobi Pokemon
Type: Dark/Rock
You heard right, a ninja based legendary. his strengths are speed and special attacks,can learn moves that inflict statuses
attacks: Extrme speed shadowball,agility,rest,swagger,... you know stuff like that. Hms could be dig,cut,rocksmash,waterfall.
1st-3rd gen attacks.

in thanks for helping me i'll let you name pm your ideas to me (i'll even let you be my first community friend.)
Done. I've PMed then to you.

Old February 1st, 2008, 04:08 PM
GunSaberSeraph

Yes! two new community friends, And the two new legendaries decided!

Friends: Dunsparce, C3LEBI<3
Old February 3rd, 2008, 07:26 AM
GunSaberSeraph

How does everyone like my new map?
Old February 3rd, 2008, 07:31 AM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to +Sneasel™
Quote:
Yes! two new community friends, And the two new legendaries decided!

Friends: Dunsparce, C3LEBI<3
Quote:
How does everyone like my new map?
don't double post, even if its your thread!

Map rating: 6/10
Reason: Too empty + square.

Suggestions: Try adding some flowers + bushes, and don't make everything look so organized.
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

PPH - A great hacking forum
Old February 3rd, 2008, 08:04 AM
GunSaberSeraph

sorry about the double post. i hit quick reply instead of edit and before i realized it, it was too late.

about the map, it was just a test to layout it's design. if i was able to snapshot the entire map, you'd see that on the southwest part of town, there are two roads leading to two other routes. anyways thanks for the ideas on adding more flowers and bushes, i'll add a revised version later today. remember, don't be afraid to critique me!
Old February 3rd, 2008, 08:35 AM
shane2243
Dragonite Lover

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to shane2243
"Wears a Pink hoodie jacket with red trims." can i suggest maybe not red trims? it wont look very good. maybe somthing more complimentary?
Old February 3rd, 2008, 02:43 PM
Dunsparce
The Land Snake Pokemon

May I suggest something?

Rather than making towns and routes uniform with a neat-and-trim feel, try to randomize some things. Make flowers appear in random spots. Have somehting like a bald patch ont he landscape. Rather than making the town's borders square, try to add a more natural feel. I do this with my RPG Maker all the time.

I'm really hoping this project pulls through ^^;

Old February 3rd, 2008, 05:41 PM
GunSaberSeraph

hey, shane if you want to help with spriting or you know someone who can help pm me! (maybe white trims would be better, at the time i was thinking about ten ten's outfit from naruto)

Thank you again for posting dunsparce! you've been helping me a lot so far. you really deserve that E4 Position!
Old February 3rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
Megiddo-san
Barium - Summer '12 Return?

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Megiddo-san
If he doesn't, I can make a couple OWs for you.

Hashire! Asu e tsudzuku shinka no micha wa
Old February 3rd, 2008, 06:18 PM
GunSaberSeraph

really? that would be awsome! pm me and give me your ideas. try and do an overworld for hayate, first. i didn't make his design description as specific as raziel's.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 06:21 PM
Megiddo-san
Barium - Summer '12 Return?

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Megiddo-san
Alright. I should have that done soon.

Hashire! Asu e tsudzuku shinka no micha wa
Old February 3rd, 2008, 06:44 PM
GunSaberSeraph

finally someone is thinking of contributing to the player sprites! looks like i won't have to resort to using the FR/LG trainers.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

FR/LG sprites give me the heebie jeebies.
So seraphin when i finish a few maps then i will count as a staff member of this thread right?
Old February 3rd, 2008, 08:00 PM
GunSaberSeraph

of course. do i have to do anything special to make you a staff member or is it just in name?

P.S. Megiddo just gave me an OW for Hayate. soon you'll never see the scary FR/LG sprites ever again. hehehe
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links