The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old February 4th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

Wait i know its a patch but when i downloaded it it was a program.
Is that normal because i can't open it.
NVM but what hack is the game of?
Ahhh!
The stupid rom i downloaded doesn't work!
Alright sorry for spamming.

Last edited by Yoshimi; February 4th, 2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:26 AM
ZodiacDaGreat
Working on a Mobile System

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
Wow! Xiro, your hacks amazing!
I love the shiny battle especially, as I've being trying to implement it in my hack for ages but no clue until I saw your hack...
So when are you going to fix the shiny hack glitch, if you do please let me know...
Anyways great hack, I see a bright future for Pokemon Omega...
Good Luck!
Old February 5th, 2008, 09:48 AM
cloudstrife
Beginning Trainer

hello, ive been playing pokemon omega and its great!
i just have one question concerning the shiny pkmn glitch
if you catch a shiny pokemon after this glitch is activated, does it mess up your game? (i didn't catch any, but im just curious)
thanx
Old February 5th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Crosell
Advanced Trainer

Murkrow ain't shiny when iplay it :O
howcome? patching problem ?

I'll make a man out of you!
Old February 5th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Minun200
Trainer

May I use your tiles because I really like them.

Old February 5th, 2008, 11:21 AM
SerenadeDS
Trainer

I've got around to playing the Beta last night. I must say, pretty impressive. Some things here and there I would change. But otherwise, I like it. I can't wait to see how this game turns out. Good Luck Xiros!
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossel View Post
Murkrow ain't shiny when iplay it :O
howcome? patching problem ?
Another person told me the same, i really don´t know since it didn´t happen to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachirisu200 View Post
May I use your tiles because I really like them.
Sorry but i don´t let anyone to use any of my tiles :S

Well thanks everyone for posting!
Old February 5th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Just finished the Beta, great job Xiros :3

Shiny Murkrow worked for me, you know it may be that some people are using Firered 1.1 instead of Firered
Old February 5th, 2008, 05:50 PM
adamb241
Pokémon Raging Fury

Nature: Brave
I just played it, the hack is very good. You need to look at your movement squares though. I found a lot of mistakes. Good hack overall.

\-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
+A new project from Dark Steel Productions+
Old February 5th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

The shiny glitch happened to me also on shinygold but it doesn't mess up your game.
It just makes all pokemon you see shiny and all pokemon will have the same nature as the shiny pokemon in the wild.
Ex.Red gyarados nature timid
All the other pokemon you catch will not only be shiny, but the nature will always be timid.
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Minun200
Trainer

I'm having trouble playing the hack. It downloads as a .rar file. When I open it it doesn't work.

Old February 6th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Twinx
s o m e t h i n g M O R E

So I just finished the beta and I gotta admit it to you the best part about this is the forests.

No really, you can tell it's like a jungle, and it's easy to get lost, and that's the way it should be

One problem though, the lack of "ETHER" I only found one and I was only training growlithe (TOO LAZY XD) and everytime I have to return all the way back to the Pokemon center just to regain some PP XD

So maybe we should be able to buy Ether?

Anywayz, great work man, best of luck and keep up the good work!

:: my deviantArt ::
Old February 6th, 2008, 01:47 PM
adamb241
Pokémon Raging Fury

The starting town and the town with the 1st gym is way to far apart. Maybe make one of those rest lady houses. There is like 3 routes in between and it's annoying to go all the way back if you white out.

\-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Chatot View Post
Just finished the Beta, great job Xiros :3

Shiny Murkrow worked for me, you know it may be that some people are using Firered 1.1 instead of Firered
Hehe thanks. I´m sure it is not fire red or fire red 1.1, because the hack its in ruby :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamb241 View Post
I just played it, the hack is very good. You need to look at your movement squares though. I found a lot of mistakes. Good hack overall.
Hum i couldn´t understand what u said, can u explain me in a different way?

Quote:
I'm having trouble playing the hack. It downloads as a .rar file. When I open it it doesn't work.
First u have to extract it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkkChildd View Post
So I just finished the beta and I gotta admit it to you the best part about this is the forests.

No really, you can tell it's like a jungle, and it's easy to get lost, and that's the way it should be :)

One problem though, the lack of "ETHER" I only found one and I was only training growlithe (TOO LAZY XD) and everytime I have to return all the way back to the Pokemon center just to regain some PP XD

So maybe we should be able to buy Ether?

Anywayz, great work man, best of luck and keep up the good work! :)
Hehe that forest, i think, was my best map. If u want difficult maps, wait until i start mapping the caves xD

Quote:
The starting town and the town with the 1st gym is way to far apart. Maybe make one of those rest lady houses. There is like 3 routes in between and it's annoying to go all the way back if you white out.
Yeah u are right, maybe i should add a joy in the forest, but it won´t be so easy to find her hehehe.
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:38 PM
adamb241
Pokémon Raging Fury

You know when making maps that you have to place the colored number that represent what the player can do.

1=impassable
C=Passable
4=Impassable(Surf Exception)

Understand?

\-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
Old February 6th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Glacier
Mayzz Lover

i downloaded this from WAH it was great yet i had translated it but didnt want to steal some1 elses game in a different language.. i trained all my pokes into their lvl 60's can't wait 4 beta two keep it up!
Old February 7th, 2008, 03:48 AM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to +Sneasel™
lol, i don't get why so many people can't play this?

Well, the beta was amazing! That was one of the best hacks i have ever played!
The shiny thing worked for me too!

Best of luck!!!
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

PPH - A great hacking forum
Old February 7th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Keyrin
Beginning Trainer

Ah, good to see it's up on PC, Xiros.
Darn, I wish I had time. I was supposed to translate it, but I only got up to Town 1.

Sorry for that, Xiros, I had little time. Keep it going, it's looking very good!
Old February 7th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-

I don´t have enough time now to answer all the posts so i will answer just 2 of them xO

Quote:
You know when making maps that you have to place the colored number that represent what the player can do.

1=impassable
C=Passable
4=Impassable(Surf Exception)

Understand?
Yeah now i undersand, well thanks, now i will try to revise the whole beta so i fix those little mistakes xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Keyr!n View Post
Ah, good to see it's up on PC, Xiros.
Darn, I wish I had time. I was supposed to translate it, but I only got up to Town 1. -_-

Sorry for that, Xiros, I had little time. Keep it going, it's looking very good!
Hehe at lest u tried, and i´m very thanked for that.
Thanks for posting!

Well, now i´m currently scripting :P
Tomorrow i should be starting to work with a cave tileset, so soon i will show some screens.
That´s all for now!
Old February 7th, 2008, 07:22 PM
adamb241
Pokémon Raging Fury

Your welcome. While playing the betta I killed both baby snorelax and the shiny Murkrow....I am so bad!

\-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
Old February 8th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-

Quote:
Your welcome. While playing the betta I killed both baby snorelax and the shiny Murkrow....I am so bad!
Haha in beta 2 there will be more wildbattles so u will be able to kill more pokémon =P
Old February 9th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Minun200
Trainer

the file doesn't extract. Could someone give me a quick toutoiral on how to make it work.

Old February 9th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-

Quote:
the file doesn't extract. Could someone give me a quick toutoiral on how to make it work.
Lol, it´s strange, well i will upload the patch and uplad it to sendspace so u can downolad it and there is no need to extract.

Edit: Here is the link http://www.sendspace.com/file/t35czq
Old February 9th, 2008, 08:23 AM
~Areku-San
Pokemon Darkblue Author

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Areku-San
Well, the Leader Sofia, is a MotherFu**** Powerful xD.
Is more difficult than the Team Shadow o.O.
But i beat. before 13 times :p (More than the 1st leader of Ruby Destiny)
Well, i hope updates of the Beta 2.
Good luck frend!

Thanks for your supporting!
Old February 9th, 2008, 01:31 PM
chaoscreater
Beginning Trainer

i downloaded this, great hack, and i found a shiny rattata lol.

but there are a few things i don't like about this hack as well...........like, e.g. when ur in the forest, it's just way too big, since u won't be able to get repel at the start of the game, it's annoying that u keep walking around and keep encountering pokemon, while also hitting a few dead ends or wrong turns and it's just a big waste of time and really annoys me in that place......

another thing is how u have several trainers there as well, which makes it even more annoying because the pokemon centre is far away and u end up going back there at least once or twice and when u come back to the forest, u have to go through all that annoying encounters and all that crap again...........it's just very annoying.

And maybe it's just me, but i find Growlithe lvl up slow, my murkrow gained the same amount of exp but lvled up way faster.........which is also one of the problem, for me at least, that the trainers are a bit too strong. Maybe it's cuz i didn't do as much training in this game but i really hate exp grinding against wild pokemon, fighting normal trainers is much easier but u can't even have an easy fight against them at the start, which makes it hard to train............maybe u wanna adjust that? And i really think sticking to having 3 starters is probably better, even if u like fire type pokemon in ur hack as the starter, at least let ppl have 3 choices, not just one..........

oh and one thing i REALLY REALLY HATE about is how u changed the character's hair style, it just.......looks weird and doesn't suit it......well that's just IMO.

Lastly, most hacks i've seen and played are almost the same, as in:

1. changing storylines
2. changing maps
3. add new events etc

but they're not really that different afterall, some are really fun to play like DJG's Ruby Destiny, while some are also quite fun like Shiny Gold but u pretty much know what to do already so it's pretty much a re-make, but i like hacks that are totally different, as in a lot more custom maps and other custom stuff, which is probably y i like Ruby Destiny better than most other hacks cuz it has more custom maps and stuff changed than others, except a few towns that are still based on the normal RUBY Version but otherwise it's great fun........

anyway my point is, most hacks seemed the same, sure they are "CUSTOM" hacks but there're just a few things changed, that's all, u pretty much expect those points i mentioned above or maybe a few others, but i've never seen anything that actually makes it TOTALLY different or totally fun, so maybe here's a good suggestion for u:

1. Try to change the bike to something else, like how Pkmn Quartz had skateboard
2. Try to change surf into a surfboard or something, so u don't actually ride on pkmn

and a few others i forgot and can't think of rite now, but ya just have totally different storyline and a lot more custom stuff will really make this hack look awesome...........and maybe have a better translated english too lol. Anyways most other hacks are already finished or already far into the finishing stages, while some others still haven't even released a beta yet, so that's y i'm giving u these suggestions and i hope u can implement into ur hack and make it really awesome in the future, keep up the good work!

www.theviperfiles.com
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links