The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old February 9th, 2008, 01:44 PM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to +Sneasel™
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscreater View Post
i downloaded this, great hack, and i found a shiny rattata lol.

but there are a few things i don't like about this hack as well...........like, e.g. when ur in the forest, it's just way too big, since u won't be able to get repel at the start of the game, it's annoying that u keep walking around and keep encountering pokemon, while also hitting a few dead ends or wrong turns and it's just a big waste of time and really annoys me in that place......

another thing is how u have several trainers there as well, which makes it even more annoying because the pokemon centre is far away and u end up going back there at least once or twice and when u come back to the forest, u have to go through all that annoying encounters and all that crap again...........it's just very annoying.

And maybe it's just me, but i find Growlithe lvl up slow, my murkrow gained the same amount of exp but lvled up way faster.........which is also one of the problem, for me at least, that the trainers are a bit too strong. Maybe it's cuz i didn't do as much training in this game but i really hate exp grinding against wild pokemon, fighting normal trainers is much easier but u can't even have an easy fight against them at the start, which makes it hard to train............maybe u wanna adjust that? And i really think sticking to having 3 starters is probably better, even if u like fire type pokemon in ur hack as the starter, at least let ppl have 3 choices, not just one..........

oh and one thing i REALLY REALLY HATE about is how u changed the character's hair style, it just.......looks weird and doesn't suit it......well that's just IMO.

Lastly, most hacks i've seen and played are almost the same, as in:

1. changing storylines
2. changing maps
3. add new events etc

but they're not really that different afterall, some are really fun to play like DJG's Ruby Destiny, while some are also quite fun like Shiny Gold but u pretty much know what to do already so it's pretty much a re-make, but i like hacks that are totally different, as in a lot more custom maps and other custom stuff, which is probably y i like Ruby Destiny better than most other hacks cuz it has more custom maps and stuff changed than others, except a few towns that are still based on the normal RUBY Version but otherwise it's great fun........

anyway my point is, most hacks seemed the same, sure they are "CUSTOM" hacks but there're just a few things changed, that's all, u pretty much expect those points i mentioned above or maybe a few others, but i've never seen anything that actually makes it TOTALLY different or totally fun, so maybe here's a good suggestion for u:

1. Try to change the bike to something else, like how Pkmn Quartz had skateboard
2. Try to change surf into a surfboard or something, so u don't actually ride on pkmn

and a few others i forgot and can't think of rite now, but ya just have totally different storyline and a lot more custom stuff will really make this hack look awesome...........and maybe have a better translated english too lol. Anyways most other hacks are already finished or already far into the finishing stages, while some others still haven't even released a beta yet, so that's y i'm giving u these suggestions and i hope u can implement into ur hack and make it really awesome in the future, keep up the good work!
The one starter is good, as that's the way the hack is. I didn't have too much of a problem, just bring potions/catch other pokemon.

Remember, its just a beta, he can get into extra things later (like the surf thing, if he wants to)
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

PPH - A great hacking forum
Old February 9th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscreater View Post
i downloaded this, great hack, and i found a shiny rattata lol.

but there are a few things i don't like about this hack as well...........like, e.g. when ur in the forest, it's just way too big, since u won't be able to get repel at the start of the game, it's annoying that u keep walking around and keep encountering pokemon, while also hitting a few dead ends or wrong turns and it's just a big waste of time and really annoys me in that place......

another thing is how u have several trainers there as well, which makes it even more annoying because the pokemon centre is far away and u end up going back there at least once or twice and when u come back to the forest, u have to go through all that annoying encounters and all that crap again...........it's just very annoying.

And maybe it's just me, but i find Growlithe lvl up slow, my murkrow gained the same amount of exp but lvled up way faster.........which is also one of the problem, for me at least, that the trainers are a bit too strong. Maybe it's cuz i didn't do as much training in this game but i really hate exp grinding against wild pokemon, fighting normal trainers is much easier but u can't even have an easy fight against them at the start, which makes it hard to train............maybe u wanna adjust that? And i really think sticking to having 3 starters is probably better, even if u like fire type pokemon in ur hack as the starter, at least let ppl have 3 choices, not just one..........

oh and one thing i REALLY REALLY HATE about is how u changed the character's hair style, it just.......looks weird and doesn't suit it......well that's just IMO.

Lastly, most hacks i've seen and played are almost the same, as in:

1. changing storylines
2. changing maps
3. add new events etc

but they're not really that different afterall, some are really fun to play like DJG's Ruby Destiny, while some are also quite fun like Shiny Gold but u pretty much know what to do already so it's pretty much a re-make, but i like hacks that are totally different, as in a lot more custom maps and other custom stuff, which is probably y i like Ruby Destiny better than most other hacks cuz it has more custom maps and stuff changed than others, except a few towns that are still based on the normal RUBY Version but otherwise it's great fun........

anyway my point is, most hacks seemed the same, sure they are "CUSTOM" hacks but there're just a few things changed, that's all, u pretty much expect those points i mentioned above or maybe a few others, but i've never seen anything that actually makes it TOTALLY different or totally fun, so maybe here's a good suggestion for u:

1. Try to change the bike to something else, like how Pkmn Quartz had skateboard
2. Try to change surf into a surfboard or something, so u don't actually ride on pkmn

and a few others i forgot and can't think of rite now, but ya just have totally different storyline and a lot more custom stuff will really make this hack look awesome...........and maybe have a better translated english too lol. Anyways most other hacks are already finished or already far into the finishing stages, while some others still haven't even released a beta yet, so that's y i'm giving u these suggestions and i hope u can implement into ur hack and make it really awesome in the future, keep up the good work!
Well, remember, its just a beta, and its just in the beginning, i have lots of ideas but i didn´t add them on beta 1...
About the 1 pokémon, it will stay like that, if u are a boy the starter is a growlithe and if u are a girl the starter is vulpix, and it won´t change.
Growlithe on beta 1 has lower states than it should, but its only because since it was a beta 1 and it wasn´t long i wanted it to be a bit difficult.

The new things will appear later, don´t be so hasty, i have almost the whole hack planned and it has new things, i hate the bike so i will change it... And more new things.
Just wait to beta 2....
Old February 9th, 2008, 05:29 PM
cloudstrife
Beginning Trainer

i liked the shiny battle and the fact that you see Mew in the beginning of the game
will you be able to catch Mew in the later betas?
I also liked the idea of two professors
good luck on pokemon omega!
Old February 10th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudstrife View Post
great game!
i liked the shiny battle and the fact that you see Mew in the beginning of the game
will you be able to catch Mew in the later betas?
I also liked the idea of two professors
good luck on pokemon omega!
Hehe yeah mew will be able to catch, but yet i don´t know when...
Old February 10th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Is murcrow catcchable i throw a pokemon ball at him and he broke out with one shake and burned
Old February 10th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Twinx
s o m e t h i n g M O R E

Ya, I also noticed that Xiros gave Murcrow has a low catch rate, it drove me crazy XD
Considering that it's shiny, I agree that it should have a low catch rate, but it's gonna be really hard to catch it with a normal pokeball..
I wasn't planning on raising it anyway, so I just killed it hehe.

:: my deviantArt ::
Old February 10th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Karonte
YAY PLATINUM IS HERE^^

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Karonte
Cool Hack! I just caught murkrow!

o_o OMG i just found a wild shiny pidgey!

Currently:Garchomp

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorer's of time: Team: Da Waffles
Leader:Anthony *Piplup*

*Not ready for rescues *
Old February 10th, 2008, 09:33 AM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

i killed it, lol! It used up all my pokeballs!
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

Old February 10th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
Is murcrow catcchable i throw a pokemon ball at him and he broke out with one shake and burned
Yeah its catchable but it has a very low catch rate, so its difficult to catch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkChild View Post
Ya, I also noticed that Xiros gave Murcrow has a low catch rate, it drove me crazy XD
Considering that it's shiny, I agree that it should have a low catch rate, but it's gonna be really hard to catch it with a normal pokeball..
I wasn't planning on raising it anyway, so I just killed it hehe.
Yeah its difficult to catch, for next beta the catch rate will be higher, but it will still be a bit difficult haha
Old February 10th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Tenzou
~Ten...

Speechless. What you did ... What you made... Awesome Xiros! :D Wonderful storyline, ( I liked the diary a lot, by the way) New graphics and palettes, etc. (and as usual your original and great scripts ). So far I have no questions and I think Pokemon Omega is brilliant and is a hack you must try.
Old February 10th, 2008, 04:02 PM
~Areku-San
Pokemon Darkblue Author

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Areku-San
Yep, thanks to Xiros I can make Wildbattles Shinyz ñ_ñ.
I hope to see pics.
Well, the translation are good. In Spanish.
In English i dont know...
Anyways, Good Luck frend!

Thanks for your supporting!
Old February 11th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzou View Post
Speechless. What you did ... What you made... Awesome Xiros! :D Wonderful storyline, ( I liked the diary a lot, by the way) New graphics and palettes, etc. (and as usual your original and great scripts ). So far I have no questions and I think Pokemon Omega is brilliant and is a hack you must try.
Hehe thanks for your comment! x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex_14 View Post
Yep, thanks to Xiros I can make Wildbattles Shinyz ñ_ñ.
I hope to see pics.
Well, the translation are good. In Spanish.
In English i dont know...
Anyways, Good Luck frend!
Haha thanks for posting lex, i will bring some new screens soon.
Old February 11th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Tenzou
~Ten...

What really pisses me off is that growlithe's exp has been lowered. ¬¬. It's hard, but I like a good challenge! Either ways, way to go man. There's some traduction glitches but nevermind them, nut keep in mind for the next beta to correct some of them. For example, when you pick up some stuff, or in the map. Good luck and i'm looking forward for your next beta.

Old February 11th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-

Thanks to zunex there are two more support bars!

In the first post i have added the code so u can add them to the signature easily.

I´m very busy right now and i won´t be able to post screens for some days...
As soon as i can i will bring new screens.

Old February 11th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Erick
It's been a long time!

Nature: Adamant
Hi Xiros.

I only can say that the Beta is awesome!

REally! All!

The palletes, the graphics, the shiny script!

Seriously, continue this hack!

I support you!

See you-!
Old February 11th, 2008, 06:29 PM
iPredator
"Every Self Will Taste Death"

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to iPredator
how do i find hm cut or hm flash i just beat the first gym leader

Blaze the level 64 Typhlosion!
To Get

Old February 12th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Keyr!n View Post
Woah, nice supporter bars, Xiros!
By the way, any progress for the next release?
Very few progress, just some scripts, soon i will start to work more seriously on the hack, but for now i´m being busy with other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight View Post
how do i find hm cut or hm flash i just beat the first gym leader
In this beta u can´t find hm cut or flash, after u beat the first gym leader u can go to the central power in that town.

Old February 12th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Tenzou
~Ten...

Im in the forest... Very tricky part i must say. Just wondering... Do you have planned to what point does the 2nd beta extend? ( 4th gym,etc)

Old February 12th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Shadowz
Among the Shadowz...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shadowz Send a message via Yahoo to Shadowz
Hey Xiros i love this hack. The Pallets are great and very easy on the eyes, the D/P house is also great and the tree matches with the pallet.

The storyline, however is hard to understand. You've jumbled up your ideas into one place and it's really hard to understand, please fix it. Apart from that, this hack is awesome.

-Sam

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 12th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzou View Post
Im in the forest... Very tricky part i must say. Just wondering... Do you have planned to what point does the 2nd beta extend? ( 4th gym,etc)
Well, i think it will have 4 gyms, also there will be more battles against team shadow and new characters will appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowz View Post
Hey Xiros i love this hack. The Pallets are great and very easy on the eyes, the D/P house is also great and the tree matches with the pallet.

The storyline, however is hard to understand. You've jumbled up your ideas into one place and it's really hard to understand, please fix it. Apart from that, this hack is awesome.

-Sam
Well, maybe my translation of the story to english wasn´t very good, if someone wants to translate it better just pm me xD

Old February 12th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Crosell
Advanced Trainer

the story is just fine :P i can read it perfectly so i dont think ppl should complain about that..
Better complain about the shint murkrow :P
Why is it a shiny murkrow ? haha i think murkrow is rather boring even if it is shiny, i would have made another pokemon shiny, but oke it's your hack and even with the murkrow in it, it'sstill good :)

I'll make a man out of you!
Old February 12th, 2008, 05:03 PM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossel View Post
the story is just fine :P i can read it perfectly so i dont think ppl should complain about that..
Better complain about the shint murkrow :P
Why is it a shiny murkrow ? haha i think murkrow is rather boring even if it is shiny, i would have made another pokemon shiny, but oke it's your hack and even with the murkrow in it, it'sstill good :)
I thought it was really unique and original to make it a shiny murkrow!
I too liked the story!
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

Old February 12th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Crosell
Advanced Trainer

It would be unique if the shiny murkrow was a different pokemon xD
Like a red gyarados, that's unique.
A shiny eevee would be unique and i think many people would like it.
well it's just because i dont like murkrow, so it's more something about myself, the fact is that a abtaining a shiny pokemon is unique

I'll make a man out of you!
Old February 13th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
There's a good hack you've got here! But again, there's a few things that needs to be changed.
1. All trainer texts in Ruta 4 are not changed.
2. You should change the Trainer's Card's League badge.(I think you should make your own badges.)
3. The TM in the first gym is still Bulk Up.(Since it's a electric gym, it should be thunderbolt.)
That's all my suggestions.
Old February 15th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Tenzou
~Ten...

w00t! I made it through the whole beta and even got to know which is the pokemon that hatches in the egg! And the event at the electric station (or whatever it is) was great. I agree its an excellent hack but it needs to be polished a bit (referring to the badges, as well as some translations) Great job Xiros!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links