Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Closed Thread

Old February 15th, 2008 (11:55 PM).
Ninetales
Japan-flavoured Europhile

Send a message via AIM to Ninetales Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ninetales
True, true, especially the fact that the signup quality seems to go down as the RPG gets later and later...

Whoa... it seems that the rooms are arranged so that people get their worst enemy or worst match as a roommate... Gee, Violet and Cyclo...? Talk about near opposite personalities...

*waits for Sir Aaron to post* After all, I was talking to his character...

[size=1]Banner by me!
Old February 16th, 2008 (12:57 AM).
Morph
Beginning Trainer

ok i re-did my sign in is it better or should i chang something.

Old February 16th, 2008 (08:35 AM).
Raichu Master
...who?

Location: Good question...somewhere around here...I think... o.O
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Raichu Master
Yes, I should close this rp huh? I mean, I was going to leave it open only because...well...quite honestly, I didn't know how it would do. But since it is a rather popular RP, I suppose I'll close it.

School - See I was debating with myself about the whole school issue as well. I think it best if we attend a local high school.

NPC - Very good. If no one else has anything else to say on this matter then it is decided.

Ninetales - *grins wide* don't I know it!

Member of:
Anime Watchers Club
Romance Anime and Manga Club
Old February 16th, 2008 (03:34 PM).
Trainer Kat
→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;

Send a message via AIM to Trainer Kat Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trainer Kat
xD; I would still let Jez in, should she choose to sign up, since she DID say she was going to.
As for closing sign-ups, I dunno, if you're sure we have enough people. I remember one RP had prospectives sign-up, and then current members voted on whether or not to let them in. We could do that, or we could just close them outright.

Oh man, I can't wait to see how Ashleigh reacts to Violet...

I'm slightly stuck-up and aesthetics-obsessed, so it's highly unlikely you'll see me use anything but shiny Pokemon.
Deal with it. :]
Old February 16th, 2008 (07:23 PM).
Raichu Master
...who?

*ponders* Everyone who has signed up or has tried to sign up will be eligible to be accepted. I could post that all sign ups from here on out be put on here and then that way we can discuss, whoever I'm of the idea that we just close it and open it if I or we see fit. However, I don't know i would like to think more on the whole "voting" in or out, because ultimately it's my call whether someone is in or out. But you have seen how easily i am swayed. XD

Yeah, this should be interesting.

Rai...*shakes head*...he's such a...hmm...how do i put this...? Flirt? I have a habit of creating characters opposite of my own personality. XD

Member of:
Anime Watchers Club
Old February 16th, 2008 (08:21 PM).
Kansas
Scyther

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Kansas Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kansas
a flirt and ignores guys when they talk to him >.> *bitter he got ignored for Ashleigh*

Credit for Siggy goes to Jim <3
Old February 16th, 2008 (08:54 PM).
Trainer Kat

Send a message via AIM to Trainer Kat Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trainer Kat
Ashleigh's hot. ;]
She's shy, but she's hot.

I'm slightly stuck-up and aesthetics-obsessed, so it's highly unlikely you'll see me use anything but shiny Pokemon.
Old February 16th, 2008 (08:58 PM).
Kansas
Scyther

Send a message via AIM to Kansas Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kansas
um.... she's okay? shy... but she's okay...

Old February 17th, 2008 (08:00 AM).
Raichu Master
...who?

Rai tends to do that...whenever a guy talks to him and a girl, any girl really, is in the room or he thinks will be in the room, the conversation goes in one ear and out the other. Let's just say that he has selective hearing. XD

Rai: I'm working on it...ok...I'm working on it...sheesh...

Anyway, their first day of school will be tomorrow (tomorrow in the rp), which should be interesting.

Oh and all misfits, I don't know if I made this clear or not, were done on purpose. I just so love conflict that I couldn't resist. Oh and another thing, it will give each character a chance to work on control. XD

Member of:
Anime Watchers Club
Old February 17th, 2008 (10:49 PM).
Ninetales

Send a message via AIM to Ninetales Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ninetales
Quote originally posted by Trainer Kat:
Oh man, I can't wait to see how Ashleigh reacts to Violet...
Well there you go--I put Violet right across the table from her. Have fun!

Hmm... The problem with having two names (a real name and a nickname) is that you never know which one to call characters by. I've been calling everyone by their nicknames most of the time, but then nearly everyone except me has been calling their characters by their real names. Is this a mistake on my part--are we supposed to be given these second names by Dr. Vinton or something after a while?
(I hope not--then I'll have to do a switcheroo on Violet's names. There's no way she's being called Florita.)

I personally vote that we close the signups, only because nine or ten really is a crowd, and any more would make it easy to have things get out of control. We can open signups if people quit, but if that doesn't happen, let's just close signups for now. You can always restart this RPG later to allow some of the other people to be in the RPG, maybe break up the RPG into two--the same plot but with two different sets of characters (us and the new signups). I remember having to do that with an RPG I created on another site...

[size=1]Banner by me!
Old February 17th, 2008 (11:31 PM).
Idiot!
One shot, one kill.

I just noticed there is one character each for ages 14, 15, 17 and 18. The rest is 16.

I say close the sign ups. If you want to leave it open, get them to PM you their sign up. But it's better to close. You don't have to deal with low quality sign ups.
Old February 18th, 2008 (07:37 PM).
Trainer Kat

Not, like, trying to start something, but, I'm just wondering...
x.x Did Quasar get accepted?
I'm just unsure, since you didn't include him in the room arrangements.

Old February 19th, 2008 (04:50 PM). Edited February 19th, 2008 by Star Girl.
Star Girl
Dragon Obsessed

Just I thought I should give my two cents on closing the RP to new applications. I think were at an odd amount of students right now. I personally think we should wait until everyone has a roommate before closing the RP. After that point I'm all for closing the RP. My reasoning: having a roommate has its ups (some of which can be fun) and downs and who says we should deny one of the characters of having one?

About characters having individual mentors for themselves. I really like that idea, it would give the chance for some characters to come out and show their stuff without their usual worries. Also for the characters that have slight confidence issues, like mine, it would be the perfect way to build up a character's confidence level, since they are away from the watchful eyes of classmates. Also on another note most of the characters have different powers while some of the thing do overlap like Ty and Dana's ability to fly (at least I am assuming this on Ty's part) most of the time one instructor could not meet the needs of all the different characters and their respective powers which would make a single instructor would be able too.

Something that was bothering about me about Quasar. First of all he never listed Safeguard as one of his powers in his application. Second, call me possesive, but Safeguard is what I was using as the basis for Dana's energy barriers, I just didn't quite come out and say it like Quasar did. Truth be told I don't mind it too much since it is different from mine but for some reason it bugs me.

Anyway that's all I got to say for now.

Old February 19th, 2008 (05:00 PM).
Kansas
Scyther

i think too many mentors COULD get confusing with so many names flying around but i'm willing to deal with it.

on the new member category... theres already so many RPers and i have to wait forever before i can post already... i'd rather close them now.

as for Quasar.... i'm still seeing that he never even got accepted. Why is he posting?

Old February 19th, 2008 (05:08 PM).
Star Girl
Dragon Obsessed

Quote originally posted by Kansas:
i think too many mentors COULD get confusing with so many names flying around but i'm willing to deal with it.

on the new member category... theres already so many RPers and i have to wait forever before i can post already... i'd rather close them now.
I do see where you coming from on both of them. More RPers does equal more mentors which then equals more confusion. Your probably right that it would be better to close the RP to new applications

Quote originally posted by Kansas:
as for Quasar.... i'm still seeing that he never even got accepted. Why is he posting?
Yeah I noticed that too. I am starting to think maybe he thought since RM never said no that he was now accepted?

Old February 19th, 2008 (05:11 PM).
Trainer Kat

I would say leave it open for ONE more chick. That way we can force Daniel to have a roomie. x3

After that, close 'em.

Old February 19th, 2008 (05:39 PM).
Sir Aaron1017
Psychic Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Sir Aaron1017 Send a message via Skype™ to Sir Aaron1017
Sorry for not posting for a while... things are pretty busy around here... I hope to get it done by the end of this week, myaby on thursday... If I am lucky!!!!

and on the topic of another girl, that would be a better thing... Most people, like me, would like it better if they had a room mate... it makes it so you can just talk, relieve stress, and maybe get some things off their chest. In the case of Sophie, it could possibly help open her shell towards others.
Old February 19th, 2008 (07:17 PM).
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hey! I thought Raichu Master said "More detail on the half stage...and then you'll be good to go."
<sigh>
So that means I'm accepted as long I edited my "half-stage". And sorry about the Safeguard thingy, I forgot to include it in my "powers". Sheesh....

Correct me If I'm wrong please...

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old February 19th, 2008 (07:18 PM).
Kansas
Scyther

add more means add more... you're still pending until the RP owner says you're accepted. You don't get to decide what is "enough" detail for the RP, only the owner can.

Old February 19th, 2008 (07:20 PM).
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
Then I'll stop posting until he says so....

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old February 22nd, 2008 (12:43 PM).
Raichu Master
...who?

I re-looked your profile Quasar, and here is my final decision be it right or wrong:

The length of it will due. However, Safeguard was not in your profile, nor will it be. I have looked over the powers under question. Those being of Star Girl's character and your character and found that they would be too similar a comparison. So I will accept you under the condition that the powers that you originally signed-up under are it. Characters can not gain powers as the rp progresses nor can they lose powers. Their powers are their powers, unless specifically mentioned in the profile. If we debate with this decision I will not accept your sign-up.

Now on to bigger and better things:

I agree that there are a lot of people to post before you can post again, and I know for more active members that can be a pain. So I am still considering closing it, seeing as how that there is no one else really signing up anymore I just might.

I've been contemplating introducing an antagonist who is also a morph attending as well. But that's top secret for now, so that's your only leak.

I also want to apologize for my inactivity, my post will come later today, on the main principle that it still needs to be typed. I figured I should just clarify some stuff as to everything before I posted, so there's that.

Member of:
Anime Watchers Club
Old February 22nd, 2008 (05:58 PM). Edited February 22nd, 2008 by Kaishin.
Kaishin
WaterMage

Sorry for not posting in a long time my internet wasn't working.
Old February 22nd, 2008 (08:09 PM).
Idiot!
One shot, one kill.

I bet that morph will be female and Electric to give someone a roommate? No, wait, we have an odd number for both boys and girls now.
Old February 24th, 2008 (04:56 PM). Edited March 2nd, 2008 by Shiney.
Shiney
Sometimes, we come back!

Nature: Lonely
Okay, sorry for the huge delay people, but RM asked me to post this here, so here it is! I was usually in most of the older versions of this RP, but I'm feeling rusty. >_>

Name:Robert Price

Nickname: "Shiney"

Pokemon: Prone to change before completion, but for the moment, Eevee. His powers are enhanced hearing and eyesight, and slightly enhanced smell, as well as vulnerability to certain kinds of elemental radiation. Think sudden and violent illness (Evolution anyone?) He's also somewhat faster and more agile than you'd expect a guy his size to be, but nothing outrageous.

Description: For now, Robert price stands at almost six feet tall, varying slightly depending on his shoes, but his usual garb are black jeans, a dark wine-red colored polo shirt, and faded, half-beaten white tennis shoes. Over all this, he typically wears a german style black leather trenchcoat that makes his broad frame appear even more strongly built. He has a bit of a scruff on his face from lack of a clean shave, and has really dark brown hair a few inches long kept in a mess on his head. This makes a good contrast with his medium tan and hazel eyes. In short, he looks like a punk at first glance, and a quiet hermit at second. His distinguishing mark is the fact that his eyes are a sparkling, almost 'bright' black, the same as an eevee's

Half Description: Partially transformed, Robert gains pointy, furry Eevee ears poking out of his hair, and a large puffy eevee tail which he considers an annoyance (mostly because most people seem to want to mess with it.) His scruff becomes a little more pronounced, and he gains a white "main" of chest hair, which is thankfully thin enough to keep hidden easily. Moreover, he becomes slightly slimmer and smaller, but it's not a very noticeable difference. Other than that, he's mostly the same as his human form.

Pokemon Description: As you said, what makes him different from a pokemon of the same type... Well, his fur is the much darker brown of his hair, and while a bit bulkier than a normal eevee, you can also notice that his front paws are more warped almost like fingers, with four 'primary' toes, and one 'side' toe. It's still a paw, but it would be *slightly* more useful for messing with tools. His back paws look fairly normal, aside from five smaller toes, and it's more elongated slightly, good for pouncing and longer strides.

Personality: Robert's simply one of those people that's hard to identify as any one type of personality. He's quiet to most any stranger, and usually a nice kid, nice enough to be one of the people you can seem to walk right on over. But he does have a carefully hidden viscious side. If he takes enough garbage, eventually, he'll start to be mean as a cornered fox. (Pun intended.) On the rare occasions that he can make a close friend, he'll open up more, and sometimes seem to be random, more than a little odd. One of his virtues, and weaknesses however is that he's a nice guy at heart, and extremely Loyal, whch gets him into a lot of bad situations for the good of others.
Old February 26th, 2008 (09:39 AM).
Ninetales

Shiney: Shouldn't Shiney be Shiney in Pokemon form? Just kidding.

I would post now... I have time, but I can't just move on without Ashleigh answering Violet's question. This makes two RPG's where I'm waiting for Trainer Kat to post...

[size=1]Banner by me!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links