The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 21st, 2008, 02:02 PM
j.a
awesomenesses!

**** IT! ive been nice from the start and the entire idea whas crapier than all you FAGS! and you gotta be kidding me how do you expect to make 151 pokemon with No sprites! and the title page is the CRAPIEST part!

Help Pokemon aquamarine version!
Old February 21st, 2008, 02:18 PM
.houndoomed
Trainer

What you just said was a very rude and childish thing to say. Someone gives you very kind, and in fact TOO kind constructive criticisim and you go all 'OMG **** YOU THIS GAME IS CRAP AND YOUR CRAP AND YOUR ALL FAGS!!!!'
And even more amusing is the fact that your sprites are quite bad and you just flame somone who is trying to help you.

Now, this was unacceptable. You can't take C&C, don't post at all. And the fact you started to insult the thread's first post is laughable. Well, this is a job for the mods now.

Oh, and guys, just ignore noobs like this.
Old February 21st, 2008, 10:47 PM
Mrchewy
nom nom nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.a View Post
**** IT! ive been nice from the start and the entire idea whas crapier than all you FAGS! and you gotta be kidding me how do you expect to make 151 pokemon with No sprites! and the title page is the CRAPIEST part!
Honestly, I having nothing to say about that. Perhaps you should stop acting like a six-year-old and learn to accept that no one is good at everything. I gave you advice on how to improve your spiriting skills and you start throwing insults at us.

In short: grow up. The rest of the community (along with myself) would appreciate it very much.
Old February 21st, 2008, 11:04 PM
Lorem Ipsum

Originally Posted by j.a View Post
If your sprites aren't up the the mark, then it's no need to flame my game. You see, you were complimenting it in your first post in the thread, and now, just because I didn't give you the job, it doesn't mean that you can be downright awful to me.

I didn't give you any concept arts for you to sprite because your example sprites weren't what I was looking for, and I didn't want to waste your time.

At the moment, I am feeling extremely hurt and angry because of the way you have criticised my hard work for 5 months.

EDIT: I didn't see you wanted a job in mapping. Due to your attitude, and apparently thinking that the game is "CRAP", then I doubt you will still want your mapper job. Even if you did want it, I would have to decline, because of your attitude in your most recent post.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:07 AM
Savant

Congratulations j.a, I hereby declare you the dunce of this thread.
Please, stay out of Game Development until you can act in a respectful and mature manner.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:08 AM
Lorem Ipsum

I am here to announce a major update in the game. After a bit of scripting is completed, the battle scenes will actually tell you how much EXP you need to go to the next level. I will get a screenshot of it in the next post.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:59 AM
jamie.ds
PokePlanet Owner

i like this version of pokemon. i wonder where you het the ideas?
Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:06 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorem Ipsum View Post
Thanks for that Avatar.

I am here to announce a major update in the game. After a bit of scripting is completed, the battle scenes will actually tell you how much EXP you need to go to the next level. I will get a screenshot of it in the next post.
Cool! A bit like the percentage in my game! That will be useful.
I'd steal the idea, but there's not enough space...
Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Neo04
Beginning Trainer

Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:37 AM
Lorem Ipsum

Thanks people! The comments are going down really well, and I am trying to take advice from you.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
j.a
awesomenesses!

i hope you guys can just forget my post i was mad cuz at school my only chance to get on the badminton team was ruined by a jerk in my class my uncle was making me wait to get my cell back and my dad just kept pissing me off.

back on topic: your game is looking kinda good but the pokemon could use a little more detail and you could redo the title.

Old February 24th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Lorem Ipsum

Old February 24th, 2008, 07:34 AM
j.a
awesomenesses!

the jellyfish (if thats what its supposed to be) should be redone you just used the gradient tool and that dont look to high detail. :nervous: ( no offence)

P.S. you should release more of you new pokemons if you want i can use adobe photoshop and try and make u a new title if u want. :)

Old February 24th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Lorem Ipsum

I did use Adobe Photoshop. The title screen is far less quality than what it is when you play the game; the colours are blended and not in blocks like they were.

Have a go at a title screen if you want.
Old February 24th, 2008, 03:50 PM
j.a
awesomenesses!

i guess i can but tomorrow...
P.S. what do want on it¿

Old February 25th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Lorem Ipsum

I would like the words "Pokémon Aquamarine" somewhere on it, in a Pokémon type style, and try and put onto it this Pokémon, which I have concepted up for you. Don't try and put the art on there, re-draw it and put it on.

I produce to all followers of Aquamarine, MANZAP!:
56KB Warning! But Manzap is here :D

The colouring isn't particularly good because I am absolutely rubbish at Sugi style art.

DARN! It lost colour! I will have to upload as PNG, even if the file is huge.
Old February 25th, 2008, 04:20 PM
j.a
awesomenesses!

i just noticed i might no be able to make a good one but il do my best plz dont critesise after and ur poke might not look to good
EDIT: You might get it late cuz i forgot to install lolz! il try to find my cs2 cd.

Old February 26th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Lorem Ipsum

What does everybody think of the Pokémon anyway?
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:51 PM
j.a
awesomenesses!

wut pokemon the customs¿ or the title¿ or... something else...¿

Old February 26th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Lorem Ipsum

The Manzap I posted a couple of posts up. I would like to know people's opinions on it.
Old February 26th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Mrchewy
nom nom nom

Quote:
The Manzap I posted a couple of posts up. I would like to know people's opinions on it.
It definately needs some work. The design itself is FAR too simple, and there's a difference from making a simple Pokémon to making it look ridiculous. The drawing itself looked like it took you 5 minutes to draw, and it's generally just to... bland.
Old February 26th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Lorem Ipsum

I told you I can't colour in Photoshop for my life...

I'll show you a sprite of it later, which looks quite a bit better.
Old February 27th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Mrchewy
nom nom nom

Quote:
D:

I told you I can't colour in Photoshop for my life...

I'll show you a sprite of it later, which looks quite a bit better.
I'm mainly concerened with the actual design of the Pokémon, not how you drew it. Seriously, it's just a blue ball with little lines dangling from it; I understand you wanted it to be basic but you've taken it too far. Same with the owl one; it's boring, basic and generally unoriginal.
Old February 27th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Lorem Ipsum

Manzap is a jellyfish. Also, why is an own basic and unoriginal?

Where have you seen a starter owl before? Never.

And, I think I have decided to re-design the main character. Who likes the idea of playing as Gary? (Possibly with the female being Daisy...)

Last edited by Lorem Ipsum; February 27th, 2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old February 27th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Yeah, Tentacool and Tentacruel are jellyfish too, but look at the detail on them.
And by unoriginal, I think he meant that the design was rather plain, not the idea. If you look at Noctowl, for example, you'll notice it has markings on its chest, and a cool head-thing.
A good thing might be to put more colour on your sprites: Strigiphyl only has that weird green tinge and black, while Manzap is entirely blue.

Sponsored Links