The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:53 PM
j.a
awesomenesses!

Advertise here
the script would be looong and it would take longer if HE had to do do the sprites so that he dont have to worry il take a whack at a piano (even he wont use it)

Help Pokemon aquamarine version!
Old March 20th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Angel Haru
Beginning Trainer

Old March 21st, 2008, 12:52 PM
Lorem Ipsum

In other news though, I have scrapped the idea of a piano function until I know more RGSS to script it. I now have an update on how close we are to a demo now.

MAPS: 89%
POKÉMON: 5%
SPRITES: 1%

So, now, I am going to ask you to submit your ideas for Pokémon, moves, types, abilities, anything! We want this game filled with content from you, the fans.

Also, the Aquamarine forums are in dire need of activity, so get on over there. It's pretty obvious where the link is, but PM me if you can't find it.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:33 AM
j.a
awesomenesses!

cool so were about 94% ready for the game demo (i added 89 5 and 1 then divided it by three)

Old March 22nd, 2008, 11:09 AM
Lorem Ipsum

Umm, no, not really. Technically, we're 205% away from the game (300%). Divide that by 3, and you get roughly 66%.

I also made a support userbar. It can be improved, but we need more sprites, and for more sprites, we need more concepts

Code:
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7884/aquauserbargr1.gif
Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
j.a
awesomenesses!

my concepts arent GREAT but... if you want them i can get them for you....
Also i could geve you an example of what some look like....

Old March 24th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Lorem Ipsum

If you could, j.a, that would be brilliant. Thank you.
Old March 25th, 2008, 03:38 PM
j.a
awesomenesses!

ok... im gonna make one that belongs to ME and ME ONLY as an example of what my concepts look like and if you name a tipe i can make 1 of dat tipe...
Im not gonna color or add details its just a concept anyway if you whant to see them in color with shading on them you can just ask
P.S. the one thats MINE is probaly the first ghost and water pokemon

Last edited by j.a; March 27th, 2008 at 04:01 AM.
Old March 29th, 2008, 06:54 AM
j.a
awesomenesses!

this place is in need of a BUMP heres the LOOOOOOOOOOOW quality outline (uncompleted...) of the undead fish... :P
as you can see its the bones of a fish if i have to make a real version i would make him more detailed color him in and... and little pieces of flesh...

Old March 29th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Lorem Ipsum

I have to say that at the moment, it isn't up to quality calibre, because Pokémon are living and not dead. Although, saying that, it could be a ghost Pokémon...
Old March 29th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
What Pokemon do you need?

PM me if you don't want to spoil the Fakemon
Old March 29th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Lorem Ipsum

Any Pokémon at all, really. I'm not worried about revealing Fakemon really at the moment.
Old March 29th, 2008, 07:36 AM
j.a
awesomenesses!

plz don't reveal all! anyways i said he whas supposed to be ghost but if u give me a type il draw with a pencil a concept that would be better than that...

Old March 29th, 2008, 04:20 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
The game has potiential but I think you would need a better spriter and designer.
Anyway, the game looks good.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 30th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Lorem Ipsum

Who just implemented a way that you can view your Pokémon's IVs into the game?

It replaces the trainer memo, which will be replaced on a new page of the profile with other stuff, including possibly EVs.

I seem to finally understand scripting

Last edited by Lorem Ipsum; March 30th, 2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old March 31st, 2008, 08:00 AM
Lorem Ipsum

OK, I implemented the mystery gift, it uses cleverly named and placed .txt files to give you stuff. The IV Checker has been created and is now implemented into my game

Also, I decided to do what somebody said on another forum and put IVs into a table if you do have a Mystery Gift. I gave the visuals a touch up at the same time. Here is a screenshot of the new profile in work

Ouch, I really need to get a better IV'd Bayleef :O
Old March 31st, 2008, 12:56 PM
Joey the Cockroach
Dino Crisis will never die!!!!

Nature: Adamant
LOL at the Bayleef :D

anyway, as you know a bit of scripting, it should help you on your way there. like OG said, you may need a better spriter, and hey, i am no good, but i think the basics count. keep it up Lorem!
Old April 1st, 2008, 10:01 AM
Lorem Ipsum

Thanks, Speedy Sonic. I am working on getting some pre-release snippets of the game up. It won't be a demo. It won't even be an alpha version of the game. It will literally be showcasing some of the earliest parts of the game to keep interest high. I may release maintenance patches and Mystery Gifts as I carry on, but meh.

Watch this thread
Old April 1st, 2008, 10:49 AM
SW47
Beginning Trainer

Looks good! when will we see more updates?
Old April 1st, 2008, 01:23 PM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
What kind of stuff will Mystery Gift be able to do? Will it be used for giving out event Pokémon?
And will players be able to create gifts, or just receive them?
Old April 1st, 2008, 09:52 PM
StrawyBlood
*Learning english*

Hi, im new in pokemoncommunity
and i would like to take part on this game just like one more fakemon spriter... but it looks i cant cause i dont have more than 15 messages written (to show the fakemons)... (damn ¬¬)
I would like to show you my fakemons (they arent good, but well... nobody can be perfect, right?)
im making a game too, its named Pokemon The Magma Stone and i am going to do more than 350 fakemons only just me... i only just made 4 xD (it would take like months or years xD) but its fun!... you can look my signature, thats my game (yup, i made that kind of crappy fakemon. In just like 10 minutes the outline ... i dont like it but what i can do... :3)
well...
Can i enter as one more pokemon spriter when i get more than 15 messages written?
If i cant, doesnt matter
--- sorry for my english xD, I speak spanish ---

Last edited by StrawyBlood; April 1st, 2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 02:37 AM
Demonic Budha
semi-good RMXPer (not script)

Wow, like the new looking dex up there ^
Very styleized. Nice work ^.^

(for those of you who dont know im not the best speller in the world. )
(also i find it funny that im like 10 years older than some of you and im asking you for help. )
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:12 AM
Lorem Ipsum

Wichu: Seeing as how the Mystery Gifts will work simply by using FileTest.exist("LINK TO GIFT") in the scripts, it is very difficult to hack a gift.

It will be used indirectly for event Pokémon, like the giving of the Old Sea Chart to find Mew in Emerald, or the Eon Ticket.

Hi StrawyBlood, welcome to PC. As soon as you get 15 posts, sure you can post a few sprites, and I will see if you get on the team. It's ironic as well, you are learning English and primarily speak Spanish; I am learning Spanish and primarily speak English

Demonic Buddha, thanks for the comments on the game, all positive comments, and negative ones at that, are appreciated as long as they are constructive and contribute towards the making of the game.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 10:31 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Then basically, it's just a glorified password system. I'll let you know when I crack the code! :P
Out of curiosity, how long will each password be? Will the passwords use letters, numbers or both?

It doesn't look very flexible... So the gifts, and corresponding passwords, will be already hard-coded in the game?

And I don't think it will be any harder to hack than mine - when you open mine in Notepad (in both Unicode and ANSI), it looks like a load of gibberish. Seeing as the amount of gibberish is probably longer than any feasible filename, I think I win :D

But yours is well-suited for its purpose, though I'd add a few more features to it if I were you.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 11:56 AM
Lorem Ipsum

Oh, I'm working on a decent interface especially for Mystery Gift, but yeah, that is it, Wichu.

Although, the advantage of using .TXT files means that you can write instructions of adding the Mystery Gift.

An example of a Gift name which I have created is ax3rtpq19.txt. It's a load of gibberish and is extremely difficult to hack. It is a true gift which can be used in game, but don't bother with it. It gives you a Magikarp which is Lv. 100 and is pretty bad.

Here are some screenshots:

Last edited by Lorem Ipsum; April 2nd, 2008 at 12:18 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here