The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 26th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Alistair
Donator Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
It would really depend on the style you are going for. If you are going to ga for a D/P style, with larger-than-regular and more detailed sprites, go for the DS resolution. If you are going to go more towards FR/LG styled sprites, go with the GBA resolution.
Old April 27th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightou View Post
To me, GBA screen size is better.
If you change the screen size to the NDS one, you'll have to change everything (code, pictures...).

I think that you should make your game, the screen size is not very important.
Well re-coding and stuff really isn't that hard it only takes a few hours and I can have just about all the key important systems recoded for the new screen size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyOctillery View Post
This is looking pretty good. I like the Fire starter.
Well I am glad you like it, but unfortunatly I am considering heavily redesigning the starters because these ones are just too not starter material and lack the luster that starters should.

Heres the shadow of the new grass starter

The colored art, will be shown when this thread gets 85 replies.

Anyway as I said once this thread gets up to 75 replies I would post an update.

The screen size has officially been changed to 512x368 slightly shorter than the NDS on because with the overworld staying in FR/LG style the game looked too large on the larger screen. Also DP sprites will be used in this game instead of the advanced style sprites.

I also want to talk about the new device to replace the POKeGEAR in the game, POKeTECH, it functions just lke the pokegear but the interface will be different and you will more than likely need the POKeTECH to access your badge case and other interesting things things, hopefully. Stay tuned, hopefully screens of the new POKeTECH will come with in one of the next few updates.

The next update will come, as long as nothing major happens, when this thread reaches 85 replies.

I hope you enjoy.

Sincerely
Minorthreat

Check out my DeviantArt account for info on my new project! Pokemon Tellurium.
My DeviantArt
Old April 28th, 2008, 12:17 AM
lightou
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to lightou
Wow ! I like the bag !

But you don't think that the summary screen looks a little bit... empty ?

In the trainer mémo (first screenshot) you can write something about the Pokémon's happiness (by using the pokemon.happiness variable).

It's just some idea, however, your game is amazing as usual ! :)
Old May 7th, 2008, 12:13 PM
marinos519
Beginning Trainer

Nice game ! But are there going to be only new starters or other fakes as well?

Last edited by marinos519; May 7th, 2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old May 7th, 2008, 01:17 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

The Starter shadow looks a bit like Dipleaf from Amethyst.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 11th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Well the starter doesn't, lol I got bored and decided to post the art for it now instead of later, to have a last ditch atempt to get some activity here. lol

Introducing the new grass starter

Now it currently has no name but I am thinking of having the starter have a dark/psychic/fighting sub type to go along with the grass/water/fire typing. So this pokemon's evos might end up having a dark subtype so the name will reflect that, I was thinking of naming this pokemon INNODON (innocense+iguanodon[which is the animal this pokemon is loosely based on] because of its pure grass typing that evolves into a grass dark typing. but i am undecided, suggestions are welcome.

Some new screens showing off random systems.

A nice little series of battle screens.

Oh and to answer marinos519, I do plan on having other new pokemon, but we will just have to wait and see.

Until next time,
Minorthreat

My DeviantArt
Old May 12th, 2008, 11:55 AM
lightou
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to lightou
Wow, amazing !

I like the battle background !
Old May 12th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
Wow. Really neat screenshots. This project looks so official its amazing. I love the Pokedex screenshot- just looks really slick and well put together- like the button icons just adds a ice touch to it. Good job.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old May 12th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Warpstrike
Beginning Trainer

Hi I've been looking at some of the games on this site and this is one of the best I've seen so far. I'm really looking foward to playing this It looks really awesome and i hope you succeed in making this a great game. Also if your still open to story ideas I have one.
Old May 13th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Oak looks... somehow... younger? Is this game set before RBY or something?
Old May 25th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Thank for the comments. No oak isn't supposed to be younger I touched up the sprite to try and make him look older tell me what you think. These are just sorta random screens showing the first battle with one of your rivals, The starters are temporary hopefully but they may be seen still as starters in the first demo depending on how things go.

Enjoy.

If anyone has anybetter suggestions for the Pokemon your rival could possible have then let me know.

The story is going through overhall sorta, but I won't say anything until the demo comes around so you can experience it for yourselves.

Enjoy.

All resources seen are not to be used by ANYONE!

My DeviantArt
Old May 25th, 2008, 04:15 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
I like the game! I like the battle scene. But I don't really like the hp box, they look quite weird. But anyway, keep it up!

PS: The day night system looks good!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 25th, 2008, 08:15 PM
DamianLeonhart

Nature: Naughty
In the screen shot with the rival and the player, the bar that shows the number of pokémon that the trainer has is quite a bit to low. I am not sure if this is something that was missed or not. I just thought you would like to know if you didn't catch it.

Other than that I love the screen shots, it looks like you have a very good game on your hands.
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

So, the last update didn't go as planned so I erased it to make this one.

Long time no word PokeCommunity. To be quite honest not a lot has gone down in the almost month that I have been away, sadly that is.

What has been done:
-TONS of new outdoor tiles like house and such have been made including tiles from DP, but we will talk of those shortly.
-A few graphical enhancments
-A few major tweeks to the story

The Tweeks to the Story
Heres the new background story for the game.

The legend tells of an ancient POKéMON whose power was unlike any other POKéMON's.
This POKéMON was ruler of the change in the seasons and therefore was able to manipulate the seasons and ultimatly time as it pleased.
This POKéMON was tracked for many years, there was great mystery involving how this POKéMON was able to manipulate the seasons.
People hunted and hunted this POKéMON, some for good purposes, some for horribly evil purposes. No one prevaled
Until the day this POKéMON became was captured and killed that is...

Hundreds of years later this POKéMON's orgin has been traced to the region of Iriho, a region south of Sinnoh, west of Kanto.
Yet no trace of it was ever found in this region...until now.
TEAM DISASTRO has found word that a single shard of amber is in the possesion of the Iriho POKéMON Science Institute,
This shard contains a single hair of the ancient POKéMON, this hair holds enough genetic material to resurect the Shifter of Seasons.
TEAM DISASTRO will stop at nothing to resurect this elusive POKéMON and control the seasons and causes chaos.
They mustn't be allowed to do this.

The Iriho POKéMON Science Institute knows of the DNA fragment and decided the best thing to do would be to hide it.
They gave it to your mother, an retired IPSI official, and when she went off for business in VANTRA CITY, she left it to you.

While your mother was in VANTRA CITY, TEAM DISASTRO found out where the IPSI hid the shard...They went after your mother...
Now you must find your mother while also keeping TEAM DISASTRO away from the amber shard containing the Shifter of Seasons' DNA

You may have noticed that the gyms thus far have been kinda tightly packed on right after another, well that means that there will be gaps in the gym quest. The first three gyms are tightly packed so after the third gym there will be a few citys/towns and quests to do that don't involve the Pokemon League at all.

NUSTONE CITY
The next city in the game after GREENHAVEN TOWN. Home to the gym leader DYNAMO, the trainer of rock type POKeMON.

Here are some screens from NUSTONE CITY along with screens showing the new HP bars.

*The gym tiles seen in this screen shot are placeholders till I design a better looking one, as are the grey pathways

The last thing I want to talk about is a recent decision on my part to include a new mode of transportation into that game to allow a trip to SINNOH at some point during that game.
Yep, you will be able to fly to SINNOH in a way similar to the MAGNET TRAIN of JOHTO. That is one of the reasons I have been working on Diamond and Pearl 2d tiles.

Until next time Enjoy, and post comments, or concerns, or even criticism.

Sincerely
Minorthreat

My DeviantArt
Old June 18th, 2008, 03:14 AM
simplynaruto
Booted out - don't be like me!

Aha this is nice. But if south of sinnoh dont you think its to muxh land north? Like make it more thinner and connect it with sinnohs mount coronet line.
Old June 18th, 2008, 03:37 AM
fudgy
so i herd you liek mudkipz?

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to fudgy
cough cough tile sets cough cough

i like it, and i like how you mapped everything out, and i like the new starters!

credit to fudgy;;

|my works;;| |pixel art| |paint sketchs|

Old June 18th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Cool storyline. Is that Pokemon you are talking about a fan-made one of one we already know about? (I was tempted to guess MEW if it was)
I acutally like the current gym. I know you said it was a place holder but it looks cool. The sunroof/glass roof is pretty neat.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old June 18th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplynaruto View Post
Aha this is nice. But if south of sinnoh dont you think its to muxh land north? Like make it more thinner and connect it with sinnohs mount coronet line.
Well, Iriho is not connected to Sinnoh, infact its not even all that close. The only way you are able to get to Sinnoh is to go to the AIRPORT in one of the larger citys in Iriho and fly to it using the jet plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgy View Post
cough cough tile sets cough cough

i like it, and i like how you mapped everything out, and i like the new starters!
I am a little confused about the whole "cough cough tile sets cough cough" thing xD.

But thank you for the comment non-the-less. The starters, infact the chance at having a complete fakedex for this game, is very iffy. It might not happen like I want it to. But I will try very hard, I just need help I cannot create a complete fakedex on my own and sprite them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
Cool storyline. Is that Pokemon you are talking about a fan-made one of one we already know about? (I was tempted to guess MEW if it was)
I acutally like the current gym. I know you said it was a place holder but it looks cool. The sunroof/glass roof is pretty neat.
I have a New pokemon set up to fill this role and I am hopeing to be able to include it, but MEW is a cool thought.
Well I like some aspects of the gym, like the glass roof(I am glad you recognized what it was, I was afraid it didn't look like a glass roof) but it also looks too much like the pokecenter for my taste. Therefore I plan on redesigning it with a new idea but keep some of the aspects of this one, liek the glass roof.

The Pokemon Iridium Team needs you
As of right now. The team working on Pokemon Iridium is very very small, I am the sole team member. However, I am looking to change that and would love to have some talented people jump on for the ride.

What we need:
Spriter(s)-I need at least one of these to help sprite Pokemon and Trainers
Fakemon designer(s)-I would love to have a Fakedex for this game but I need help.
Idea creator- Some one to help create inovative ideas and things for the game includeing side-quest and other things that way come up.

*To fill the Position of Spriter, examples are needed.

Thanks for the comments, keep um comming.

Minorthreat

My DeviantArt
Old June 18th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Flameguru
Pokemon: Metallic Silver

Nature: Rash
I was just checking up on your game, Minorthreat.

This game still looks amazing as always, good luck
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:23 PM
ryushin5
In College YAY! :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to ryushin5
i've been looking at this game for awhile i never posted here but i just wanted to say that this game is SO AWESOME!!! i mean wow the story is good i like the whole adding fakemon with real pokemon keep it up this game could be the best game ever

Last edited by ryushin5; June 19th, 2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old June 26th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

So MinorThreat, how's work going on with this? The recent screens look just great, good job so far!

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old June 30th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Alystarr
Beginning Trainer

Attached Thumbnails
Untitled.jpg‎  
Old July 1st, 2008, 03:44 PM
Heaton

When do you expect to be finished with the game? Estimate?
Old July 1st, 2008, 09:56 PM
Jynx Middata
a.k.a houndoomrulz

I could be your spriter. Here's some examples of my work.

Spoiler:

This is Electrikat. He is going to star in my game and is my fakemon example.

This is my Pidgey scratch sprite I made for Vampire://Krimm's Pokemon Neo Eras and is one of my scratch sprite examples.

This is the origin forme of Giratina. It is my other scratch sprite example.

PC Family:

I have none...
Old July 24th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Flygon234
Beginning Trainer

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links