The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 9th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Haha, I haven't replied to this thread in ages :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.E.86 View Post
Wichu if you ever need help spriting I can help you out. I made the charizard in my avatar using your tutorial.
Not bad; there's a few minor problems (for example, there's a bit too much dithering and some of the curved lines look a bit jagged). If you want to help out, could you join the dev forum? I have a list of sprites that need to be done there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InMooseWeTrust View Post
Wichu, what did you use as base for your fakemon? I know about this.
Hmm...
Well, Chacaw is based on a macaw, a type of parrot.
Bushby's name is a corruption of bushbaby, which is a type of monkey.
Wichu is a mouse (there's always a Pokémon similar to Pikachu in every generation).
Argaze is based on insects which have eye patterns on their wings to scare off predators.
Ignicub is a bear cub, specifically a sun bear.
Dipleaf is based on a diplodocus, but with a shorter neck (see its dex entry).
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.E.86 View Post
First post? I see the starter names. They're Dipleaf, Ignicub, and Axolitl. I didn't see the names of their evolutions on the first post or first page. I'll just assume there are no names as of yet.
The starter evolutions haven't been revealed yet; you'll have to wait until it comes out to find out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemaxST View Post
I'd like to say that i've got my first scratch sprite ready. i call it SPIRITALE.
Well, why don't you post it? I don't know whether to accept you if I can't see how good you are...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroUey View Post
Ok, my bad, im new to all of this, exlpain to me the differneces and other stuff, i know now that these are not hacks, just remakes with differences right?
A 'hack' is a modification of an existing Pokémon game. It uses the same coding, but with changed sprites, maps and events. A 'game' is made without using the coding from a real Pokémon game. In this case, I'm using the Pokémon starter kit by poccil. A 'game' has the advantage of being able to easily see and edit the code, unlike a ROM hack, where you have to use ASM (which is a lot more confusing). A 'game' also has less hardware limitations, since a ROM hack is limited to the things a GBA can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicEdge View Post
Hey, do you need a custom Drifloon sprite?
Sorry, that's one of the Pokémon we already have a sprite for.

Anyway, progress has been slow lately. I'm picking up pace again, though; there will hopefully be a release this summer, or if you're lucky, earlier. Don't count on it, though; I've said that before :P

Some small teasers:

I've edited the other two starter Pokémon sprites to match their official art (finally). Axolitl's design hasn't changed, so the sprite's staying.

A nice visual effect for caves :O

Finally, we're still looking for staff members. The most needed ones are, at the moment, overworld spriters and someone experienced with an audio-editing program who could make cries for the new Pokémon. If you're talented at either of these two, please contact me!
Old March 9th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Emerex
Beginning Trainer

I think it will be a great game... I salute to you;p
Old March 9th, 2009, 01:44 PM
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D

Nature: Quirky
The sprites are looking good, and the lighting in the caves is great. I'd be willing to contribute some overworld sprites, if you want. Are you doing D/P-styled now?
Old March 9th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

I'm actually using my own style; however, it's quite similar to D/P. If you still want to help, could you register on the dev forum? I posted some basic templates there; however, you'll probably have to edit them a bit, since they're for characters around the player's height. I've made a 'child' template too, but haven't posted it yet; I'll get it up if you need it.
Old March 9th, 2009, 01:56 PM
blueguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
I'm actually using my own style; however, it's quite similar to D/P. If you still want to help, could you register on the dev forum? I posted some basic templates there; however, you'll probably have to edit them a bit, since they're for characters around the player's height. I've made a 'child' template too, but haven't posted it yet; I'll get it up if you need it.
Okay, great! Found 'em. I'll mess around, see what I come up with and post it on the dev forum. You basically just need a lot of NPCs?
Old March 9th, 2009, 11:31 PM
killin_kobra
Pokemon Ruler

Hey Wichu, your forum isn't going very well. It won't load 4 me. Want a professional to make one? And yes i have a team of professionals. Just check out darkshadowentertainment.org to see what we can do

Click here to feed me a fruit!
Get your own at Dinomon!

Last edited by killin_kobra; March 9th, 2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old March 10th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Nature: Adamant
Wichu, I have to say this is one of the greatest games I've seen. I love the way the battle scene works and it is great that you keep on adding more and more originality to your game. I wish you all the best with this game.
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Lookin good wichu keep it up
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:44 PM
alexomat
Legendary Alexand

Nature: Lonely
Is the game commig out soon cause it looks so cool.
Im suporting this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And because of this im getting an nds emulator!!!
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by killin_kobra View Post
Hey Wichu, your forum isn't going very well. It won't load 4 me. Want a professional to make one? And yes i have a team of professionals. Just check out darkshadowentertainment.org to see what we can do
I don't need one at the moment; the forum is just a temporary forum, anyway. Try using a different web browser such as Firefox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexomat View Post
Is the game commig out soon cause it looks so cool.
Im suporting this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And because of this im getting an nds emulator!!!
You won't need an emulator to play this; it's a stand-alone game.
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:37 PM
.Razr
Blazing Ace

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to .Razr
I would gladly help write some of the story line!

PM me if you want me to help

<------ Clicky there!

Last edited by .Razr; March 10th, 2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
You use Flash to get that effect, right? I like the new sprites, GL!
Old March 13th, 2009, 05:17 AM
DarkBolo
Beginning Trainer

Is there a demo or sth ? I would like to test it :D
Old March 13th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Atomic Reactor
Criticism, I give it.

Nature: Rash
No, there's no current demo.
If there was, it would be on the first page.
Just for future reference.
Old March 13th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Goketsu
Who's that Gokémon?

Nature: Brave
I can't wait for a demo D: the suspense is killer
Old March 14th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Infin
Beginning Trainer

Wow this looks really immense, good look with it.
What will I need to be able to play this when you release it? (I'm new to this kinda stuff).
Old March 14th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Anuhrima
Darkness and Rebirth

Old March 15th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Q-Bone
Musician and Pixel Artist

Nature: Modest
Hello. My name is TehSpriter, and you have probably never heard of me, but I am wanting to help you with Pokemon Amethyst.

Well firstly, sorry for messaging you like this! It is quite obvious that you have not heard of me before, as this is my first involvement with the PokeCommunity. I would like to provide support you by creating scratch Sprites for the game, Pokemon Amethyst.

I see Amethyst is progreesing quite quickly, and to be honest I really want to help contribute! I am only a beginner Spriter, and school may hold me down during this, but if you do accept my support, I will offer all of my skills, and will attempt to do anything necessary to get this project finished in an efficient manner.

if you would like any proof of my Spriting skills, please head over to my YouTube Channel by searching TehSpriter on YouTube (won't let me hyperlink). At the moment I only have one Sprite on there, but it is soon to progress.

If you have anything to tell me, or need anything arranging, please PM me on either PokeCommunity, or YouTube. If you need my Email address, please ask. Could you also supply me with anything you need doing if you accept this request.

Thanks and... bye =]
Old March 15th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Nature: Adamant
Very nice updates, Wichu! I really like the two new Pokémon sprites that were made. I also really like the screenshot... the renewed Pokémon Ruby graphics, Rock Smash rocks and the cool visual effect for the interiors of caves is great!

Also, sorry for not being active on the Pokémon Amethyst development forum and not creating any more overworld sprites of non-playable characters. I hope that I can still help out, and remind me what I have to do with those sprites I made...
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old March 16th, 2009, 02:36 AM
goldenpalkia
Pokemon Excel:HTU Spriter

Nature: Calm
Wichu Thats A Great Spriting And Pictures You've Got.
I Am Also Making Up My Own Pokemon Called Teron.
In My Game Thread I Will View It.

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Old March 16th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmnguy123 View Post
I would gladly help write some of the story line!

PM me if you want me to help
I've got the storyline basically sorted. Thanks for offering, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Watermelon View Post
You use Flash to get that effect, right? I like the new sprites, GL!
Yup, Flash is used for that. Like in D/P, Flash is a TM, not a HM; it can be found within the cave itself. You will also be able to buy it later in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSpriter View Post
Hello. My name is TehSpriter, and you have probably never heard of me, but I am wanting to help you with Pokemon Amethyst.
I watched your YouTube video. Are fusions the only thing you can do? I'm looking for scratch sprites, since they tend to look better than fusions if they're well sprited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenpalkia View Post
Wichu Thats A Great Spriting And Pictures You've Got.
I Am Also Making Up My Own Pokemon Called Teron.
In My Game Thread I Will View It.
:)
Err... thanks? No need to advertise your own Pokémon in my thread :P

Anyway, I won't be able to make much progress this week, due to coursework... However, I have a break coming up in a couple of weeks, so I'll try and get a lot done then.

Also, I'm rather disappointed that someone decided to rate the thread just one star. I can't say it's the highest-rated RMXP game any more :P (I'm not angry though; the thread rating isn't really important)
Old March 16th, 2009, 05:21 PM
blueberry4584
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to blueberry4584
Quote:
Also, I'm rather disappointed that someone decided to rate the thread just one star. I can't say it's the highest-rated RMXP game any more (I'm not angry though; the thread rating isn't really important)
I just rated it a 5.

Your menu and battle systems are amazing in my perspective, and so are your sprites. Can't wait for a demo!
Old March 17th, 2009, 08:47 AM
blueguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
Also, I'm rather disappointed that someone decided to rate the thread just one star. I can't say it's the highest-rated RMXP game any more (I'm not angry though; the thread rating isn't really important)
It's called jealousy. All the people that matter know that you're working hard on this project and that it definitely isn't worth "one-star." I hate the effing rating system. XD
Old March 17th, 2009, 02:35 PM
king91115
Beginning Trainer

awesome job Wichu keep up the good work!! XD
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer

Nature: Relaxed
I love the tiles in the caves, and Dipleaf's Sprite looks nice too. Keep it up.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links