The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 16th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus9948 View Post
I've looked through the first 360 posts (1440 is too many ) and haven't seen this, what about a replacement for Slow Start or just giving it an upside.

How about:

Ability: SLOW START: Decreases (sp.) attack & speed for (how many?) turns but increases (sp.) defense (and maybe HP?).
Firstly, Regigigas isn't in the regional Pokédex, so it won't be in the game (at least not for a long time). But I've already planned some upgrades to make Regigigas usable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayje View Post
hello. wichu. i've been watching the progress of your game and it's awesome waiting on the release on pins and needles. i noticed that you're recruiting in your sig and while i know you've got the poke topic covered, i'd like to help with ideas for moves/abilities, etc. i tried the forum but my comp threw a red flag on that so i'll post my idea here:

Name: Tidal Surge
Type:Water
Power:--
Accuracy: 95
PP:10

Description: Crashing waves smash into the opponent. The move gains in power over the course of battle. (similar to Rollout)

i'll come with other stuff for you if want and be glad to help if you'd like. either way best of luck
Thanks for the suggestion; so it's basically a Water-type Rollout? It's special, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkooh View Post
new dual types would be interesting, maybe a fire ground type or electric dark type
Camerupt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by madarawolf View Post
An attack that I came up with is eraser rain. it's a 1-hit K.O. move with a slightly higher accuracy that most 1-hit K.O. moves, but not very many Pokemon should learn it.
An ability that I came up with is energy shield. It decreases damage from special atacks by 25%(flexible). I hope you can use my ideas.
I'm not too keen on 1-hit KO moves... I think that they encourage people to battle using luck instead of skill. But Energy Shield sounds interesting; what kinds of Pokémon would have it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeemo71 View Post
can I help i am a great sprite collector and you can combine games with me (its just an idea)

search Neo Spirit Generations in the Pokemon Community search bar.
Sorry, I'm not interested in joining with any other game... Besides, 'sprite collecting' isn't all that hard. You just type 'Pokémon sprites' into Google.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockmanEXE View Post
Do you need anymore help with sprites?
Are you any good at trainer sprites? Either way, PM me, and we'll work something out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardman974 View Post
I have an idea for a move. It'll make Bug Pokemon actually stand a chance in a battle!

Move Name: Swarm
Move Type: Bug
Power: 65
Accuracy: 85
PP: 10
Effect: May cause foe to flinch. (50%)
Description: Summons a swarm of bug pokemon to attack the foe(s).
Category: Special
This is a field move, meaning it affects all pokemon on the field other than the user.

The animation could just be a bunch of tiny black dots with wings (like flies) come in from the left (in dispersed columns that go from top to bottom) and fly across the screen. This way, they cover all pokemon on the field, and it looks like a real swarm.
Bug-types can already be quite good; have you ever used Heracross or Yanmega? Anyway, there's already an ability called Swarm... And 50% flinch rate is a bit too much. Maybe increase the power a bit, for example to 70, but lower the flinch rate to 20% or 30%?
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavens_outcast View Post
hey, i'm new in all of this, but if you're still needing help, i have a some experience with RPG XP........

do you have an Elite Four and Champion yet? what about a list of all your pok'emon? (sorry if these topics have already been addressed, but i didn't feel like reading that much)

and i was just wondering, why are you using XP? wouldn't VX be easier?

i already have several sprites (from all) and the battle backgrounds (from D/P)
I've sorted out most of the important trainers (Gym Leaders/Elite Four) already. The dex isn't complete yet, but I'm working on it. However, it's not public; I think it's more interesting when you don't know what your Pokémon will evolve into, or have a mystery Pokémon you need for your Pokédex.
I find RPG Maker XP's mapping system to be more versatile than VX's; mainly, it allows me to use an unlimited number of tilesets, while VX is much more limited.
I have plenty of sprites already, including battle backgrounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicEdge View Post
I've got a move idea. It's not very inventive, but it pisses me off still that we have Ice, Water, Ghost, and two Normal, but not Fire. So, I say that a Fire type priority move with the normal priority stats (60/100 or 40/100; whichever it is), and it should be called Ignition.
I was already going to make a Fire-type priority move; Ignition's a great name for it. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Memory of Number XIV View Post
I've been watching this game for a while and Wichu: you are very gifted. I see that you are accepting ideas for moves, abilities, etc. If I can be of any assistance, feel free to PM or VM me. Here is an idea for an attack, just as a sample:

Name: Pulse Shot
Type: Electric
Atk. Type: Special Atk.
Damage/Acc.: 20/90

Description: User discharges weak Electrical pulses at the foe 2-5 times.
That's a pretty good concept; we need more 'basic' moves like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Ghostly-slash1 View Post
any artwork on the evos of the starters?
Not yet; as I said, I want them to stay a secret until you actually play
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicEdge View Post
I got bored and redid your Bushby sprite (it looked... blocky). Anyway, here it is, use it if you want. I'm not going to use it for anything myself (just so you know that I'm not going to rip you off ).

Now that I've actually taken a second to look at it, I notice that I probably should've darkened the outline of the (stage)right arm's outside edge. The tail looks kinda like it's growing from it.

EIDT: Alright, I changed it around some. Now the face isn't quite as wonky. A tad dark in one spot, but eh.
Thanks; I've had several people comment on that sprite. I'll probably resprite it later, but for now, I'll use yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickySlaughter View Post
Very, very nice... How much overall is done of it in percentage?
It's hard to say... Demo-wise, probably 70-80%. That's probably way off, though
I just need a few more back sprites, a few OW sprites, a few trainer sprites, a few maps, and to finish a few scripts. So basically, everything's at around the same level right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_amethyst View Post
So this are just on computer? You cant convert it to ds?
Yep, it's just for the PC. Although it means you can't put it on a flash cart and play it on a DS, it means I can add features which wouldn't be possible on one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
i expect there is lots of bugs, but i keep getting the message:
RGSS102E.dll could not be found
what do i do
ps, i would send a pic, but i cant :s
As AR said, you're in the wrong game's thread Just copy the file, either from the internet or another game's folder, into the folder of the game you're trying to play.

Just to quell everyone's fears, the demo will come with everything needed to play it. You won't need to download anything separately.
Old July 16th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Jayje Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jayje Send a message via Yahoo to Jayje
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
Thanks for the suggestion; so it's basically a Water-type Rollout? It's special, right?
yeah it is . i'd like to join your team and offer ideas on the other things you'd need if you'll have me

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 16th, 2009, 06:42 AM
MaGiXieN
^.^

Nature: Lonely
Hey Wichu, I already told you: Your game is awesome!
It contains amazing tiles, a good story with great features.

I cant wait for a final version

Old July 16th, 2009, 07:19 AM
spritegage
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
Your tioles are great, which makes me look at you in envy. The hardest part for me sre the tiles, even if Im not making a pokemon game. Sometimes I make pictures on paint, and it'll take forever to add tiles. I love the tiles youput on.
Old July 16th, 2009, 07:04 PM
madarawolf
Espada Cuarta

A pokemon with my ability would be like a legendary, like an uber.
Old July 16th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Just quickly, before I go

Name: Fear Me
Type: Psychic
Atk. Type: Other
Damage/Acc.: 0/100

Description: User makes itself scary and shows its power. Foe's Defense goes up, while its Attack and Speed go down.

Name: Ground-Pound
Type: Ground
Atk. Type: Physical
Damage/Acc.: 80/90

Description: User jumps, then slams down with all its power. Foe may be paralyzed.

Name: Quick Freeze
Type: Ice
Atk. Type: Special

Description: User quickly shoots a weaker, but colder beam than Ice Beam. The opponent may freeze (80%).

Last edited by Tropical Sunlight; July 16th, 2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old July 17th, 2009, 03:29 AM
iitZz An Omen
PokemonPlatinums Brother

Your game is brilliant, the sprites are amazing and everthing else is amazing.
So keep up the good work Wichu and the team!
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:41 AM
jrookie
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jrookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful Summer View Post
Just quickly, before I go

Name: Fear Me
Atk. Type: Other
Damage/Acc.: 0/100

Description: User makes itself scary and shows its power. Foe's Defense goes up, while its Attack and Speed go down.

Name: Ground-Pound
Damage/Acc.: 80/90

Description: User jumps, then slams down with all its power. Foe may be paralyzed.

Name: Quick Freeze
Type: Ice
Atk. Type: Special

Description: User quickly shoots a weaker, but colder beam than Ice Beam. The opponent may freeze (80%).
hope u dont mind i comment a bit. the 1st 2 is good, but the 80% is too high for the last one and it will be abuse probably. 30% or 40% would be good.

Wichu, normally i dont support fakemons, but this's an exception. so pro...so i decide to help u with ideas on move. just tell me which kinda move u need
Old July 17th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Zulo
T3h AwEsoM3

I haven't actually read through the entire thread, so sorry if these have already been posted, but I think the starters all need their own moves.

Name: Hydro Skull
Type: Water
Damage/Acc.: 100/100
Description: Causes 1/8 recoil, may make opponent flinch.

Name: Fire Arm
Type: Fire
Damage/Acc.: 100/100
Description: Causes 1/8 recoil, may inflict burn.

Name: Power Plant
Type: Grass
Damage/Acc.: 120/100
Description: Causes 1/8 recoil.

Do they look good?
Old July 17th, 2009, 08:26 AM
HirakuNoShadow
Au contraire mon frère.

Nature: Quiet
I would go for a physical moves for the types that lack any physical attacks that actually packs some more power with it like Ice types / electric types

something like...

Spoiler:
The 2 other kicks
Blizzard Kick: Ice, Physical, 85BP / 90Acc / 10PP - High Critical Ratio
"The user launches an icy kick with a high critical-hit ratio. It may also leave the target with a freeze."

-Volt Kick
: Electric, Physical, 85BP / 90Acc / 10PP - High Critical Ratio
"The user launches an electrified kick with a high critical-hit ratio. It may also leave the target with a paralysis."

Volt Rush: Electric, Physical, 40 or 60BP / 100Acc / 30PP or 15PP - +1 Priority
"The user dashes at the foe at a blinding speed, boosted by its electric powers. This move always strikes first."

Ice Break: Ice, Physical, 90BP / 100Acc / 10PP - 20% Flinch
"The user quickly freezes or targets a frozen foe, then slams it with full-power, breaking the ice and injuring it at the same time. Doubles damage if opponent is frozen, but defrosts them at the same time. May also flinch the foe." (lol that could be a HM perhaps? xD)

Rock Concussion: Rock, Special, 100BP / 80Acc / 5 or 10PP - 20% Lowering Sp.Def by 1 (crappy move name though xD)
"The foe becomes trapped by rocks of different shapes and sizes. The rocks then burst out, causing heavy impact on the foe. May also lower Sp.Def" (This could be physical though)

Disruption: Dark, Status, -- / -- / 5PP - prevents switching out for 5 turns, lasts until end of battle, baton pass and shed shell won't work.
"The user temporarily cuts off a Pokemon from its trainer my disrupting its mind, preventing that Pokemon from switching out in any way."

Life Swap: Psychic, Status -- / -- / 5PP - Completely changes user's HP with the opponent's HP by % left, not the Max HP, immobilized 1 turn.
"The user employs its psychic powers to switch its HP to the opponent's. However, it becomes immobilized the next turn."

I have some more ideas for moves but for now I'll leave it here for now and add more later :X

This version looks awesome imo - I'd love to see how it turns out.
Old July 17th, 2009, 06:28 PM
snap12
Billie Jean is not my lover

Nature: Lax
First of all, I just want to say WHAT THE HELL??? I have been on PC for a few months now and i cant believe i have never even seen this thread!

Wichu- this is by and far the best hack i have seen on these forums!!!

Secondly, I have a few moves i would like to suggest:

Spoiler:
Name: Psy-kick (get it? Psychic! haha)
Atk. Type: physical
Damage/Acc/pp.: 60/100/15
Notable: +1 priority
Description: The attacker uses psychic waves to confuse the defender while the attacker is free to kick away.

Name: Tingle
Type: Dark
Damage/Acc/pp.: 50/100/10
Notable: 20% chance of confusing opponent
Description: The attacker uses shadows to tickle and tingle the defender into oblivion.

Name: Dust Ball
Damage/Acc/pp.: 20/100/10
Notable: a physical counterpart to Mud-Slap - lowers foe's accuracy
Description: The user kicks up or blows up a ball or cloud of dust, inhibiting the foe's ability to see.

ANYONE- comment on these and let me know if they are any good. Thanks!

V I I I. T h e . F u r r y . o f . D a n c i n g . F l a m e s

Last edited by snap12; July 17th, 2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old July 17th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Lol this isn't the best hack youve seen on this forum
Old July 17th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Colbex
Cobalt Black Creator

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Colbex
Quote:
Originally Posted by snap12 View Post
Name: Psy-kick (get it? Psychic! haha)
Damage/Acc/pp.: 60/100/15
Notable: +1 priority
Description: The attacker uses psychic waves to confuse the defender while the attacker is free to kick away.

Name: Tickle
Type: Dark
Damage/Acc/pp.: 50/100/10
Notable: 20% chance of confusing opponent
Description: The attacker uses shadows to tickle the defender into oblivion.

Name: Dust Ball
Damage/Acc/pp.: 20/100/10
Notable: a physical counterpart to Mud-Slap - lowers foe's accuracy
Description: The user kicks up or blows up a ball or cloud of dust, inhibiting the foe's ability to see.
The 1st and 3rd attacks are decent, but their's already an attack called tickle in the game. It's a normal type move.

Anyway, that game has the potential to rock every other fan game (especially mine) socks off. o.o
Oh, and I didn't wanna read through 51 pages, but here's some attacks I thought of...
Spoiler:
Name: Air Shred
Type/Category: Flying - Special
Description: Winds violently crash down on foe, destroying any barriers.
Power/Accuracy: 85, 100
PP/Added Effect Chance: 15, 100%

Name: Pulverization
Type/Category: Fighting - Physical
Description: User reduces health to 25% of what's remaining, dealing amount lost to opponent. (example: User has 456 remaining health. 75% of that = 342 Damage)
Power/Accuracy: - , 80
PP/Added Effect Chance: 5, -

Name: Static Pulse
Type/Category: Electric - Special
Description: A beam of static electricity is shot at the foe. May cause flinching or paralysis.
Power/Accuracy: 20, 95
PP/Added Effect Chance: 15, 30%(For Flinch), 5%(For Paralysis)

Name: Gut Flute (Belly Drum's negative)
Type/Category: Normal - Other
Description: User halves health reducing opponents defense by as much possible. (-6)
Power/Accuracy: 0, 100
PP/Added Effect Chance: 5, -

Name: Spectrum
Type/Category: Normal - Special
Description: Light bends to create a large amount of color changing orbs. May burn, freeze, paralyze, poison, sleep, confuse, cause flinch, lower evasion, accuracy, (other stats), or deal damage (60 Damage always).
Power/Accuracy: - , 100
PP/Added Effect Chance: 5, (10% each) (if no effect happens, then the move obviously fails. XD)
Old July 17th, 2009, 07:33 PM
snap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
Lol this isn't the best hack youve seen on this forum
how do you know? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet View Post
The 1st and 3rd attacks are decent, but their's already an attack called tickle in the game. It's a normal type move.
Thanks! and haha yea, i remembered that shortly after, so i changed it to tingle or something like that

Old July 17th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

I know it isn't
The fact simply being this isn't a hack, but a game.
Old July 17th, 2009, 07:55 PM
snap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
I know it isn't
The fact simply being this isn't a hack, but a game.
true dat my friend, true dat

Old July 18th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Skreamish
Mhm.

Nature: Lonely
Just wanted to say that this game looks awesome, and I will defiantly watch out for it![and I think starters are all super-cute x3 Unlike the D/P ones! Aha]

... And all that Jazz...

Signature Credit- Me!
Want one? PC me for details.

Old July 18th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Vyro
Master Douchelord
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Quirky
Okay, I have a few ideas for legendary abilities.

Dialga: Time Tripper.

Does not have to recherge after using roar of time, hyper beam, etc.
-----------------------------------------
Giratina (altered form): Distortion Aura.

50% chance of switching opponent's attack and sp. attack stats when attacked.
------------------------------------------
Palkia: Spacial Warp

Lowers opponent's speed and accuracy.
-------------------------------------------
Zapdos: Thunderstorm

creates the weather of the same name (increases the power of electric type moves)
--------------------------------------------
Flygon (It has a bad ability): Desert Spirit

Doubles attack in a sandstorm.
Giratina (origin form): Distortion shield

When not very effective moves are used, 100 damage is done back to the foe.
Salamence: Flaming claws

20% chance of burning the foe with physical attacks
Porygon-Z: Viral Corruption

When the opponent uses a stat altering move, the opponent is badly poisoned.

That is all. I hope you like them.
Old July 18th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Vanitas~
Ink Blot

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkly the flygon View Post
Okay, I have a few ideas for legendary abilities.

Dialga: Time Tripper.

Does not have to recherge after using roar of time, hyper beam, etc.
-----------------------------------------
Giratina (altered form): Distortion Aura.

50% chance of switching opponent's attack and sp. attack stats when attacked.
------------------------------------------
Palkia: Spacial Warp

Lowers opponent's speed and accuracy.
Zapdos: Thunderstorm

creates the weather of the same name (increases the power of electric type moves)
--------------------------------------------
Flygon (It has a bad ability): Desert Spirit

Doubles attack in a sandstorm.
Giratina (origin form): Distortion shield

When not very effective moves are used, 100 damage is done back to the foe.
Salamence: Flaming claws

20% chance of burning the foe with physical attacks
Porygon-Z: Viral Corruption

When the opponent uses a stat altering move, the opponent is badly poisoned.

That is all. I hope you like them.

Those are all very interesting, but, with Distortion Shield, don't you think 100 damage is a little excess? I mean, if going against a weaker foe, shouldn't it do like 40 damage, or preferably 1/8 or 1/4 of the opponents total HP? Also, for Time Tripper, if you're gonna allow for Uber moves such as those to be used without consequence, you should make it a double-edged sword. Maybe make the ability also reduce his Special Attack stat, or something like that.

Also, another move for approval:
Ancient Burst
Type: Rock
Atk. Type: Phys.
Power/Acc.: 40/80

The user generates a shockwave from within its body, sending bits of terrain at the foe. Strength varies depending on the terrain.

Last edited by Vanitas~; July 18th, 2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old July 18th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Black Charizard.
lol??
Community Supporter Tier 5

Awesome good luck with the RPG.
I like the things you do for the society here.
Old July 18th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Fraot
Researcher & Game Developer

I like this game! The graphics look ver smooth: tiles, sprites, etc.

But there's something:
Why ALWAYS the adventure of a pokémon game start from the lower left corner on the Region Map?
I personally hate that so, in my game, the start is somewhere else. I recommend you to start from somewhere else(like me!), you will be very original.

Just to point out...

And also... a new Megaman X game is coming. Megaman X: Maverick Wars.
Old July 18th, 2009, 01:29 PM
zepher1206
Beginning Trainer

This looks promising! I can't wait till it's finished.
Old July 18th, 2009, 06:15 PM
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraot View Post
But there's something:
Why ALWAYS the adventure of a pokémon game start from the lower left corner on the Region Map?
I personally hate that so, in my game, the start is somewhere else. I recommend you to start from somewhere else(like me!), you will be very original.
Gold, Silver and Crystal don't start there. They start in the lower right corner
Old July 18th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Fraot
Researcher & Game Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx_theo View Post
Gold, Silver and Crystal don't start there. They start in the lower right corner
I know, that's why I like Gold and Silver.

So, I recommended Wichu to make the game start from somwhere else, I personally started(on my game) on the top right corner.

And also... a new Megaman X game is coming. Megaman X: Maverick Wars.
Old July 18th, 2009, 08:28 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Take into account that Wichu has already mapped, evented and scripted almost everything necessary for a demo, so trying to start the game in a new direction would not only mean remapping, but changing quite a bit of the game around itself.

Last edited by <~F.M.P~>; July 18th, 2009 at 08:54 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links