The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old June 25th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Charliezard's Avatar
Charliezard
A wild shroomish appeared!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennycharriez315 View Post
ok. i tried your script myself and if give you a wild deoxys lv.70.now i understand what you are talking about that its still there..according to the one of MANY guides i read that were totally useless and thats y im waiting for hack mews guide.

but i do know that you need to add a ''fadescreen 0'' or ''fadescreen 1'' before release. if that dont work then im sorry but itried.

ok i understand most basics of scripting and i wondered if any body would kindly post a script for a wild celebi lv 30 and tell me how to change the pokemon.but it can only appear once in the game...

i hope one of u get the heart to help me. and ill kindly post you a real real good story line that i read about. and believe me you WILL like it.just please help me.
You need to checkflag.
Code:
setflag 0x306
setflag 0x862
special 0x139
Are they used anywhere else? If so add another one in I spose, just to be safe :P

Then make it
Code:
#Dynamic 0x800000
checkflag 0x862
if 0x1 goto @Battledone
lock
faceplayer
startwildbattle 0x19A 0x46 0x0
checksound
cry 0x19A 0x2
pause 0x28
waitcry
setflag 0x306
setflag 0x862
special 0x139
waitstate
clearflag 0x862
release
end

#ORG @Battledone
code for changing sprite or something lol not to sure. But this'll at least
stop it battling you twice :P
  #127    
Old June 25th, 2008, 07:26 PM
lennycharriez315
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
ok guys i need help understanding the wild pokemon battle maybe someone can write a small tutorial that can help us with wild battles..and im hoping its hackmews tutorial wich im hearing about that will help and im hoping it comes out as soon as possible because i need a quick tutorial.really badly.

especially with the part that you need to add the person id thing.

Last edited by lennycharriez315; June 25th, 2008 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #128    
Old June 26th, 2008, 05:02 AM
コリンク's Avatar
コリンク
Pokémon HyperSpeed Creator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Galactic Headquaters, Veilstone City
Age: 18
Gender:
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to コリンク Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to コリンク
Could I get some help with a script? I'm trying to figure out how to script the three Pokeballs in my hacks, does anyone know how?
__________________
My FanGame - = Pokemon HyperSpeed =

Team Magma -

Team Aqua -
Team Rocket -

Team Galactic -


Yeah, all of these user bars were made by me. If you want one, simply PM me and I'll make it.
  #129    
Old June 29th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Flashpoint's Avatar
Flashpoint
→ P e r s i s t e n c e
Community Supporter Tier 5
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SRU Headquarters
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Flashpoint Send a message via Skype™ to Flashpoint
Whenever I try to compile any script with ''compare LASTRESULT 1'',I always get ''Error 13,'Type Mismatch' on Line 31 missing #define or paramater''
''Line : compare LASTRESULT 1''
  #130    
Old June 29th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Does anyone how to make a givepokemon pokeball disappear after you take it?

Quote:
'-----------------------
#org 0x26D4E4
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x826D506 '"I'd better take my CHARMANDER\nwith..."
callstd 0x6
givepokemon 0x4 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
setflag 0x828
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x26D506
= I'd better take my CHARMANDER\nwith me!
__________________
  #131    
Old June 29th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Master_Track's Avatar
Master_Track
ROM Reaverz Scripter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Austria
Age: 21
Gender:
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Master_Track
write the hidesprite command with the person number of the pokeball, and in the next line a setflag.
use the setflag as ID for the pokeball.
here's an example:
#raw 0x53 0x01 0x00 (#raw 0x53= hidesprite)( 0x01 0x00 = person number)
setflag 0x828

give it the ID 0828 and it will vanish. It will also vanish without setflag and using setflag as ID, but after one movement it would reappeare.

(I hope I used hidesprite right, it's like this in pokescript and I didn't use hidesprite in XSE yet).
__________________

*Busy with school*

  #132    
Old June 29th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Darthatron's Avatar
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Track View Post
write the hidesprite command with the person number of the pokeball, and in the next line a setflag.
use the setflag as ID for the pokeball.
here's an example:
#raw 0x53 0x01 0x00 (#raw 0x53= hidesprite)( 0x01 0x00 = person number)
setflag 0x828

give it the ID 0828 and it will vanish. It will also vanish without setflag and using setflag as ID, but after one movement it would reappeare.

(I hope I used hidesprite right, it's like this in pokescript and I didn't use hidesprite in XSE yet).
It's like this in XSE...
Code:
hidesprite 0x1
Everything else is the same.
__________________
あなた は しきしゃ です
わたし は ばか です

Last edited by Darthatron; June 29th, 2008 at 06:54 AM.
  #133    
Old June 29th, 2008, 01:22 PM
foullump's Avatar
foullump
Rom Hacking Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United States
Nature: Calm
(Sorry if this is a bit off topic) Everyone is saying that XSE is the "revolutionary" scripting program. Well, how exactly is it so great? I've seen many things about this program and I will tell you, diamond cutter, pokescript, and even scripted can do these things! Is there anything unique or special about this program that would give me a reason to use it over any other scripting program? And shouldn't the dynamic offset just create more work? And does this thing even save into individual .RBCs? If not, that's a horrible thing, as I save all of my scripts in a folder.
__________________
  #134    
Old June 29th, 2008, 01:37 PM
~Teh Panda~'s Avatar
~Teh Panda~
Sea of Dreams - Redux
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by foullump View Post
(Sorry if this is a bit off topic) Everyone is saying that XSE is the "revolutionary" scripting program. Well, how exactly is it so great? I've seen many things about this program and I will tell you, diamond cutter, pokescript, and even scripted can do these things! Is there anything unique or special about this program that would give me a reason to use it over any other scripting program? And shouldn't the dynamic offset just create more work? And does this thing even save into individual .RBCs? If not, that's a horrible thing, as I save all of my scripts in a folder.
Great things of XSE to point out

First of all a Command DB in the palm of your hands
Easy compilation
Saves your scripts in .RBC format
Quickest compiler
Decompilation
Open up scripts from the game and edit them
Script checker for bugs.
Tabs for easy access to more and more scripts.
__________________




Mystic still in work to let you know...
  #135    
Old June 30th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Working Class Hero
Donator Tier 5
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ohio
Age: 21
Gender:
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Working Class Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypanda32 View Post
Great things of XSE to point out

First of all a Command DB in the palm of your hands
Easy compilation
Saves your scripts in .RBC format
Quickest compiler
Decompilation
Open up scripts from the game and edit them
Script checker for bugs.
Tabs for easy access to more and more scripts.
You also forgot that XSE is the only scripting program that works on every computer in circulation. While all the rest (ScriptED,PokeScript,ECT) only work on about 40% of the computers in circulation today. :3 Thank god for XSE or I wouldn't be able to script.
__________________
I would rather be with friends and family~

lolmence
  #136    
Old June 30th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Chimchar 9's Avatar
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England, Southampton.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
well this scripting programme is awsome i could not script without this because pokescript and scripted doesnt work on my p.c so without this how could i script thanks for making it i love it thanks for this tutorial is awsome thanks
__________________
Pokemon Green Diamond
Status: On Hold.
  #137    
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:41 PM
thethethethe
Gym Leader
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
It's like this in XSE...
Code:
hidesprite 0x1
Everything else is the same. :)
I always hate to correct the writer of a tutorial, but I asked Hackmew a while ago about this because I was curious, and also too lazy to test myself.
XSE is backwards compatible, and by that I mean that it's compatible with uses from Pokescript and ScriptEd and others which help with a transition over.
So to my point,
Code:
hidesprite 0x1
...doesn't have to be this way in XSE.
Code:
#raw 0x53 0x01 0x00
Will also work.
__________________
Gone.
  #138    
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Darthatron's Avatar
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
I always hate to correct the writer of a tutorial, but I asked Hackmew a while ago about this because I was curious, and also too lazy to test myself.
XSE is backwards compatible, and by that I mean that it's compatible with uses from Pokescript and ScriptEd and others which help with a transition over.
So to my point,
Code:
hidesprite 0x1
...doesn't have to be this way in XSE.
Code:
#raw 0x53 0x01 0x00
Will also work.
I know you can still use #RAW commands, but I thought it would be easier if I told them the actual command for it.
__________________
あなた は しきしゃ です
わたし は ばか です
  #139    
Old July 1st, 2008, 12:01 PM
lennycharriez315
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Does anyone have the basic wildpokemonbattle script for xse...and can you explain it a bit.including the raw and were to put the person num...or how to find the person number..but i do need the script.
  #140    
Old July 1st, 2008, 05:18 PM
~Teh Panda~'s Avatar
~Teh Panda~
Sea of Dreams - Redux
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by αωαταρ αανγ View Post
You also forgot that XSE is the only scripting program that works on every computer in circulation. While all the rest (ScriptED,PokeScript,ECT) only work on about 40% of the computers in circulation today. :3 Thank god for XSE or I wouldn't be able to script.
Not a Mac, too bad... Well woot for Intel Macs and boot camp :D
__________________




Mystic still in work to let you know...
  #141    
Old July 1st, 2008, 08:03 PM
DPP Rival's Avatar
DPP Rival
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Gender:
This is my problem.

I gave this little girl a script saying, What's your favorite pokemon? Mine's Clefairy!

But on Clefairy, only the C shows up. How can I fix this?
__________________
Champion of Sinnoh
Need a question about Sinnoh/DPP answered, ask me!
  #142    
Old July 1st, 2008, 10:13 PM
Darthatron's Avatar
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPP Rival View Post
This is my problem.

I gave this little girl a script saying, What's your favorite pokemon? Mine's Clefairy!

But on Clefairy, only the C shows up. How can I fix this?
It appears that you havn't added a new line, and the game runs out of space, so to fix this, just add a new like command in the text. Like so;
Code:
What's your favorite pokemon?\lMine's Clefairy!
Hope that helped.
__________________
あなた は しきしゃ です
わたし は ばか です
  #143    
Old July 2nd, 2008, 01:24 AM
lennycharriez315
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Does anyone have the basic wildpokemonbattle script for xse...and can you explain it a bit.including the raw and were to put the person num...or how to find the person number..but i do need the script.

nevermind the explaining just need the script....but please make sure the pokemon DISAPPEARES AFTER the battle..pleeeeeeease

Last edited by lennycharriez315; July 2nd, 2008 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #144    
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:07 PM
robie392's Avatar
robie392
Pokemon Prof.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: TALLON IV
Age: 19
Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to robie392
with xse can you make it so a pokemon cant evolve like in yellow version but only for one spacifiic pokemon not the whole species the reson im asking is because I think that would be an event that you can write with xse.
__________________
Looking for people who program with ruby, make games with rmxp, do graphic arts, make music/sound effects, can write good stories, etc! Looking for those people to talk to, pool&trade resources, share ideas, and etc. In other words make some friend!
  #145    
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:12 PM
Darthatron's Avatar
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by robie392 View Post
with xse can you make it so a pokemon cant evolve like in yellow version but only for one spacifiic pokemon not the whole species the reson im asking is because I think that would be an event that you can write with xse.
No, you cannot add that event with a script editor.
__________________
あなた は しきしゃ です
わたし は ばか です
  #146    
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:28 PM
robie392's Avatar
robie392
Pokemon Prof.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: TALLON IV
Age: 19
Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to robie392
ok thank you for the information, but might I ask how you can do that?
__________________
Looking for people who program with ruby, make games with rmxp, do graphic arts, make music/sound effects, can write good stories, etc! Looking for those people to talk to, pool&trade resources, share ideas, and etc. In other words make some friend!
  #147    
Old July 4th, 2008, 05:51 PM
lennycharriez315
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
ok i got the script to the wild pokemon and to get it to work i was supposed to add the HIDESPRITE command.

and none of ya could have told me that.

Last edited by lennycharriez315; July 4th, 2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #148    
Old July 5th, 2008, 09:48 PM
tharding6
Veteran Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Nature: Adamant
k so i am kinda new to scripting but have the basic stuff down, like just adding a talking sprite, i am having trouble with the trainer thing though please tell me what is wrong with this:

#Dynamic 0x799999

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
trainerbattle 1 0x001
message @boo
boxset 6
release
end

#org @before
@before 1 =Check out my bugs

#org @after
@after 1 =Oh no!

#org @boo
@boo 1 =I'll get you back for this.


P.S. it comes up with an error 13 'type miss match on line 6 'trainer battle'

Line: trainerbattle 1 0x001
  #149    
Old July 6th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Darthatron's Avatar
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharding6 View Post
k so i am kinda new to scripting but have the basic stuff down, like just adding a talking sprite, i am having trouble with the trainer thing though please tell me what is wrong with this:

#Dynamic 0x799999

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
trainerbattle 1 0x001
message @boo
boxset 6
release
end

#org @before
@before 1 =Check out my bugs

#org @after
@after 1 =Oh no!

#org @boo
@boo 1 =I'll get you back for this.


P.S. it comes up with an error 13 'type miss match on line 6 'trainer battle'

Line: trainerbattle 1 0x001
Open up XSE, and look in the Command Help. Now, look at the Parameters...

Code:
Parameters:
> Byte - Kind of battle.
> Word - Battle # to start.
> Word - Reserved.
> Pointer - Pointer to challenge text.
> Pointer - Pointer to defeat text.
This is what you have...

Code:
Parameters:
> Byte - 1
> Word - 0x1
> Word - ?
> Pointer - ?
> Pointer - ?
You're missing some things, right? So, let's fill in the gaps...

Code:
Parameters:
> Byte - 1
> Word - 0x1
> Word - 0x1
> Pointer - @before
> Pointer - @after
See? Much better when all the parameters are met. So now convert that back into your script, and you're done.
Code:
#Dynamic 0x799999

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
trainerbattle 1 0x1 0x1 @before @after
message @boo
boxset 6
release
end

#org @before
= Check out my bugs

#org @after
= Oh no!

#org @boo
= I'll get you back for this.
If you don't understand something, post it here, or PM me.

Also, you're doing the PokeScript way of messages, with XSE you don't need the "@dynamic 1" in there...

Code:
#org @before
@before 1 =Check out my bugs
Will be...
Code:
#org @before
= Check out my bugs
Etc...
__________________
あなた は しきしゃ です
わたし は ばか です
  #150    
Old July 7th, 2008, 12:45 AM
tharding6
Veteran Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Nature: Adamant
thanks, you have been a huge help.. one more problem i am having though is i can't get the sprite to come to me to battle, like where they see you.. as soon as i put them as a trainer in Ad-map they just don't work, and the message just comes up as "CeCeCeCeCeCe..." anything you can do to help.

Thanks,
Taylor
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.