Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 14th, 2008, 03:01 PM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Advertise here
I didn't want to post until I got through the beta. I enjoyed what was there. I like what's in here, already more than the beginning of Reign of Legends.
Also, I somehow got to a place where there were normal trainers. I took a wrong turn somewhere on the mission with the Aerodactyl battle, and I was in a place that was with the original Ruby scripts. Has anyone done that too, or is it just me?
Gone.
Old March 14th, 2008, 03:08 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
I didn't want to post until I got through the beta. I enjoyed what was there. I like what's in here, already more than the beginning of Reign of Legends.
Also, I somehow got to a place where there were normal trainers. I took a wrong turn somewhere on the mission with the Aerodactyl battle, and I was in a place that was with the original Ruby scripts. Has anyone done that too, or is it just me?
thanks thethethethe... =3
anyways, what was the place like..? ?_?
Desert..?
Old March 14th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
I went there too, but I left cause I figured DJG didn't finish that area.
He could've block it so we couldn't go there yet, but I guess he was so busy he forgot...
Can't wait to play B2!
GL!

EDIT: we posted at the same time and yes, it was the desert.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old March 14th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Wow...Just...Wow xD

This is starting to look like a great project, and hopefully it'll be able to top Reign of Legends.

Just a thought, I wonder how many hackers have actually finished a hack and then continued on with another project?
My account is almost ten years old. o_o
Old March 14th, 2008, 03:13 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

no idea, Heatran, but that's never in my mind though... I just hack for fun and that's it. xD

anyways, I thought I removed all those trainers in that desert... O.o
Hm... I must have replaced the real beta for one of my back-ups...
thanks for the report, thethethethe and shinypkmnfan.
Old March 14th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Hedgehogger
Learning ASM, but struggling

Nature: Quiet
Well, after playing the first Beta, I must say, I didn't think it would be that good, but it had me playing for a few hours! I've spotted a few mistakes (One that stuck out in my mind most was that the wild Tropius was called TORPIUS), but it's a Beta, and you're still fixing it, I'm aware. You did an excellent job on all those scripts and OW sprites; it would've taken me AGES to put in several scripts off of one location without killing offsets, and it shows in your work.

Glad to know you've done something a bit more unique and succeeded (especially since I loved playing Mystery Dungeon as well), and I can't wait till the second Beta! ...Or at least to finish the first one!

Pokeymenz Am-nee-shaaah Beta 4 Released!
Old March 14th, 2008, 09:08 PM
fisshy
Booted out - don't be like me!

it is very good to bad it is a short beta
Old March 14th, 2008, 09:39 PM
adamb241
Pokémon Raging Fury

Nature: Brave
Well since the encounter rate is so high it took me forever!
XD

\-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
+A new project from Dark Steel Productions+
Old March 15th, 2008, 03:44 AM
wolverfrog
Working on a Hack

i'd be quite good if the game had some referance's to mystery dungeon, like everyone hating a human coming because the last timem it happened a disaster struck.
and is gardevoiur meant the be the same gardevoiur off md?
hacks i support-
My own Hack- Pokemon Law Enforcement

my favourate hackers-
zel, destinedjagold, earthvisitor-make a great hack and you'll be on this list too!

hack i'm working on-

Making my own Hack-Pokemon Law Enforcement
Status-Pre-Beta stage

Old March 15th, 2008, 04:10 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverfrog View Post
i'd be quite good if the game had some referance's to mystery dungeon, like everyone hating a human coming because the last timem it happened a disaster struck.
and is gardevoiur meant the be the same gardevoiur off md?
I ain't saying anything! :D *zips mouth*
Anyways, my mouth is zipped, but my fingers' aren't. :D
Well, it's already in the plot outline, but that's all I gotta say. I won't spoil everything...
It won't be fun if I spoil everything.
Old March 15th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Tensa Zangetsu
Bankai

This hack is Extremley Impressive. I love the videos and the way you mapped It. Well Done.
Too much school work, bye guys D:
Old March 15th, 2008, 07:04 AM
manaphyione
Beginning Trainer

when i went to the room with his friends i was transported to a place called sinister t when i walk there are invisible walls how could i get out of this place ?
Old March 15th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
It's excellent! I love it! Just in the dessert, where the sandstorm is, there are Chikoritas and even humans!

Btw, how do you get more Pokemon if you can't catch them?

Sinister Woods in too -not original-. I'd think of something else... Like Vextra Woods (Sinistra=left, Vextra=right)

And since you are in nature, I would change Max Revives into Reviver Seeds or something... And other things that aren't in nature, too...

IT'S C00L!

<_>

I want to help you! PM me and tell me what to do!

Last edited by Tropical Sunlight; March 15th, 2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old March 15th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCharizard View Post
It's excellent! I love it! Just in the dessert, where the sandstorm is, there are Chikoritas and even humans!

Sinister Woods in too -not original-. I'd think of something else... Like Vextra Woods (Sinistra=left, Vextra=right)

And since you are in nature, I would change Max Revives into Reviver Seeds or something... And other things that aren't in nature, too...

IT'S C00L!

<_>

You can't get any more Pokemon.
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:30 AM
pokemon rox
Beginning Trainer

hi im alex (pokemon rox) and i was wondering does a beta mean finished just need to fix some bugs? thnx
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon rox View Post
hi im alex (pokemon rox) and i was wondering does a beta mean finished just need to fix some bugs? thnx
Beta means an incomplete game, and its meant to give you a taste of what the finished product is going to be like.
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:55 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Hey, call me crazy, but I got an idea which may seem interesting, and it's not hard to implement. I'll put it in a spoiler.
I haven't played the Beta, so I'm not sure of how you want that "three pokemon as one" system to work. Anyway, this is what I thought.

Spoiler:
Let's remember: We have 6 elemental evolution stones. So, why dont you use Amplifier and change the way the "three pokemon" evolve. But instead of calling it an "evolution", call it a "switching". Instead of evolving, change the "main pokemon of the three" (would be like, saying who's the leader). That way, after "switching", the group would be able to learn different attacks, depending on who's the leader (of course, you still are able to use the old attacks, but that just adds to the fun of finding your favorite combinations on the right time. Not to mention that different team combinations would give different stats combinations. Which combo would be best for your next mission?)

I dont really think I need an example. But I'm going to do it anyway... Having 6 elemental stones would allow you to... although not sure, making more than 3 set Pokemon in the team.
Pika+Chiko+Torchic use X-Switch (the evo stone), and become Chiko+Pika+Torchic (Chiko's leader now). But Pika+Chiko+Torchic use Y-Switch and become Kingdra+Pika+Torchic team (obviously, I used Kingdra as an example >o<).
Now, lets say we have Chiko+Pika+Torchic after using the X-Switch. Now, as in reality it's just another Pokemon in disguise, if we use the X-Switch again, it becomes the Pika+Chiko+Torchic team. Hehe... Troublesome to work on the combinations, but you've got to admit that it sounds interesting...

By the way, I'm leaving this idea to be used only by DJ. Although if he doesn't want to do it, and someone else wants to think about it, then be my guest

Old March 15th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Ryu Serpntine
Beginning Trainer

I just played through it and I love it! I can't wait to see more of this game. You mentioned about having some kind of event to introduce new team members, I'm hoping for an event with ROSE.

Great beta, can't wait to see more of t, and good luck.
Old March 15th, 2008, 02:07 PM
cloudstrife
Beginning Trainer

ive been playing rescue rangers. what are supposed to do after you blank out in your birthday party?
all i see is gray and a pikachu.
thanks

Old March 15th, 2008, 02:19 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I got done with the first beta.In the second beta can you change the hotel's outside to look smaller,because it seems too tall and wide.But I do like some new locations you put,such as Pokemon square.
Old March 15th, 2008, 02:49 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Hey, call me crazy, but I got an idea which may seem interesting, and it's not hard to implement. I'll put it in a spoiler.
I haven't played the Beta, so I'm not sure of how you want that "three pokemon as one" system to work. Anyway, this is what I thought.

Spoiler:
Let's remember: We have 6 elemental evolution stones. So, why dont you use Amplifier and change the way the "three pokemon" evolve. But instead of calling it an "evolution", call it a "switching". Instead of evolving, change the "main pokemon of the three" (would be like, saying who's the leader). That way, after "switching", the group would be able to learn different attacks, depending on who's the leader (of course, you still are able to use the old attacks, but that just adds to the fun of finding your favorite combinations on the right time. Not to mention that different team combinations would give different stats combinations. Which combo would be best for your next mission?)

I dont really think I need an example. But I'm going to do it anyway... Having 6 elemental stones would allow you to... although not sure, making more than 3 set Pokemon in the team.
Pika+Chiko+Torchic use X-Switch (the evo stone), and become Chiko+Pika+Torchic (Chiko's leader now). But Pika+Chiko+Torchic use Y-Switch and become Kingdra+Pika+Torchic team (obviously, I used Kingdra as an example >o<).
Now, lets say we have Chiko+Pika+Torchic after using the X-Switch. Now, as in reality it's just another Pokemon in disguise, if we use the X-Switch again, it becomes the Pika+Chiko+Torchic team. Hehe... Troublesome to work on the combinations, but you've got to admit that it sounds interesting...

By the way, I'm leaving this idea to be used only by DJ. Although if he doesn't want to do it, and someone else wants to think about it, then be my guest
zel, if you played through the beta, then I guess you've known... But that's a really good idea, however, does that mean, Chiko+Torc+Pika in one PKMN sprite, then Chiko+Pika+Torc on another and so on..? That is indeed a good idea... But I guess I'll think over it, though, and talk to my team first.
But thanks for this idea, zel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaphyione View Post
when i went to the room with his friends i was transported to a place called sinister t when i walk there are invisible walls how could i get out of this place ?
I can't help you there, bud. You have to have a clean Ruby ROM... The one with the 'mugs' intro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCharizard View Post

IT'S C00L!

<_>

Vextra Woods? I already have that in the plot outline...
But thanks, yet Sinister is still in the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu Serpntine View Post
I just played through it and I love it! I can't wait to see more of this game. You mentioned about having some kind of event to introduce new team members, I'm hoping for an event with ROSE.

Great beta, can't wait to see more of t, and good luck.
ROSE does have an event... 2, actually, the Team GreenLeaf battle and the Aerodactyl battle... The other 3 of the player's friends will also have an event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudstrife View Post
hello
ive been playing rescue rangers. what are supposed to do after you blank out in your birthday party?
all i see is gray and a pikachu.
thanks
I can't help you there, bud. You have to have a clean Ruby ROM... The one with the 'mugs' intro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeTehKin View Post
I got done with the first beta.In the second beta can you change the hotel's outside to look smaller,because it seems too tall and wide.But I do like some new locations you put,such as Pokemon square.
Yeah, sure. Why not? :D Thanks.
Old March 15th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Ryu Serpntine
Beginning Trainer

@DJG: I think you misunderstood what I meant. I was actually saying that I was hoping for an event where ROSE will join the party(since obviously we won't be catching pokemon).

Once again great job on this hack.
Old March 15th, 2008, 03:00 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

ah, okies... And to answer your question, yes, there will be. I ain't spoiling anything for now.
Old March 15th, 2008, 04:04 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
however, does that mean, Chiko+Torc+Pika in one PKMN sprite, then Chiko+Pika+Torc on another and so on..?
Yeah, that's the idea. I dont know how many combinations would be possible, but each combo would use a slot for a Pokemon (in the end, you've used a slot for one existing poke, or a MissingNo, for the "team Pokemon" so I guess you wouldn't have problems sacrificing others. Or maybe the missingNo.'s slots would be enough to not sacrifice anyone)

And, I'm waiting a bit for playing the Beta. I'm sure it may have a few bugs and still not too much gameplay. I'm a freak on that aspect, so that's why I'm trying to hold on

Old March 15th, 2008, 09:19 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

I'll think over it, zel... It's a very good idea, but it also has a negative side... :\
One sprite for three PKMN.., K.O.'d and all three are dead.

Anyways, new banners are in the first page. Look and see. Made by one of my members, ~ShadowUmbreon~...

I am currently mapping Aqua Swamp... That's all, for I don't wanna spoil much. What's in there is for you to find out! Chow~~~
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here