The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Went
The Seed Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haraken View Post
It says you need a valid National Pass. If you have a parent note, you need to look for your dad.

But even so, the National Pass isn't going to be valid until the full game is released.

Something new to look at:
Attachment 45056
...inspired in Prism mining system, am I wrong?
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Congrats on hack of the year, albeit a bit late ;p
Old February 17th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Evair
Beginning Trainer

Where can i get strength and where is the 7th gym ?
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Buttah
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Evair View Post
Where can i get strength and where is the 7th gym ?
Spoiler:
You get Hm04 Strength from a guy in Hayward City who's looking for his camera. His camera is somewhere in Eagulou Park. You'll need the Go-Googles to get to that part of the park which are located in the Spa in Merson City.

The 7th Gym is near Equality River. There are two ways to get there. You can go to Moroga Town and go through the City Underpass. You'll end up at the Southedge Bay. Then Surf right, go through the grass and you'll see the gym. Another way is to go through the Castro Forest. There's a pond that you can surf across in the southern part of the forest. Keep making your way south and eventually you'll come out at the Equality river. Surf across the river and you should see the gym.

Hopefully, that helps.
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Evair
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Buttah View Post
Spoiler:
You get Hm04 Strength from a guy in Hayward City who's looking for his camera. His camera is somewhere in Eagulou Park. You'll need the Go-Googles to get to that part of the park which are located in the Spa in Merson City.

The 7th Gym is near Equality River. There are two ways to get there. You can go to Moroga Town and go through the City Underpass. You'll end up at the Southedge Bay. Then Surf right, go through the grass and you'll see the gym. Another way is to go through the Castro Forest. There's a pond that you can surf across in the southern part of the forest. Keep making your way south and eventually you'll come out at the Equality river. Surf across the river and you should see the gym.

Hopefully, that helps.
thank you i found everything
Old February 17th, 2009, 11:20 AM
PokeFreakBror
I never use this site.

Nature: Relaxed
Cool hack of the year congrats i think i'll try it
Old February 17th, 2009, 11:53 AM
stig
Beginning Trainer

hey i really would like to play this version the 09 beta, on my ds. i can play the chrismas 08 beta but thats was and ips patch. the 09 is a ups patch and it doesn't work, just wondered if you could release an ips and a ups version of new patches? thanks
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Evair
Beginning Trainer

Old February 17th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
...inspired in Prism mining system, am I wrong?
Yes you are. :D

The idea was actually recommended by Coolboyman. So it's less inspiration and more "following the leader"… That, and our hacks are under the same trilogy anyway. :'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by stig View Post
hey i really would like to play this version the 09 beta, on my ds. i can play the chrismas 08 beta but thats was and ips patch. the 09 is a ups patch and it doesn't work, just wondered if you could release an ips and a ups version of new patches? thanks
The Christmas beta was never IPS, and can never be made into an IPS patch. Read the "Read me" for how to patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evair View Post
Eeh where do i get waterfall?
Explore the cave near the creek of Tan Boat Creek.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:40 PM
stig
Beginning Trainer

oh it was the november beta that was ips.

i read the readme, patched the ups to the rom but ups the final patched rom by ups is twice as big as the original rom( 32mb's), and freezes at the gameboy screen on my ezflash 4. but the ips november version worked and was only 16mb's.

have u got any ideas?

Last edited by stig; February 17th, 2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old February 17th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

The final patched ROM is 32 MB, so that's no error. It should load in VisualBoyAdvance, at least. You might need to patch the ROM using the tools provided with your flash cart.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old February 17th, 2009, 08:07 PM
graydaze
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroz707 View Post
i will help you vbag error code 000001 you must flash 128k >> reset game is you will save normal )
how am i suppose to do that? i believe that the default settings of VBAG is flash 128k. maybe we need to insert a text file like in GPsp? HELP PLS anyone

in the application folder, i found a file named VBAG.cfg ---> maybe this is the configuration file?

Last edited by graydaze; February 17th, 2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old February 18th, 2009, 10:19 AM
falcon_knife34
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to falcon_knife34
Hi, i'm playing your hack with my phone nokia n70 and when i want to save it says unable to save i looked your official website but i couldnt find a solution for my phone can u help me please and alson i cant find HM03 and fifth gym. Can someone help me???

Old February 18th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Awesome hack Haraken, very much deserving of HOTY. Plus, the fact that I found a Shiny Zubat in Silk Path is nice too :D
Old February 18th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

That Zubat is legit, just so I should mention. Even if you trade it, it'd be a bona-fide "Rock Tunnel" Zubat. :P

Be proud; you got lucky, since I haven't changed the rate of alt. colour Pokémon appearances. :D

That's Our Switch.
Old February 18th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Hooray :D I feel special now XD First shiny found in the game perhaps? So I hope...
Old February 19th, 2009, 06:32 AM
lalala12
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake™ View Post
Hooray :D I feel special now XD First shiny found in the game perhaps? So I hope...
Nope, I found a shiny Chansey .
But I already deleted my game because I want to play it as a whole when it's finished.
Old February 19th, 2009, 07:04 AM
xeladude
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
I don't see how this hack made the hack of the year. It looks just like a text, sprite, and map hack. And what's with getting Eevee and the fossils so quickly? Overall, this hack isn't so interesting so far. If I'm wrong, would you mind correcting me? Also, what scripts make this game so special? I'd have to say, I love the battle window as green, it suits it better. The hack is so lacking, and the scripts are so similar to FR. I'm gonna keep playing it til I find something that marks its individuality. And, what's with the same starters, I thought HOTY would mean something. Overall, I'm really dissapointed...
Old February 19th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeladude View Post
I don't see how this hack made the hack of the year. It looks just like a text, sprite, and map hack. And what's with getting Eevee and the fossils so quickly? Overall, this hack isn't so interesting so far. If I'm wrong, would you mind correcting me? Also, what scripts make this game so special? I'd have to say, I love the battle window as green, it suits it better. The hack is so lacking, and the scripts are so similar to FR. I'm gonna keep playing it til I find something that marks its individuality. And, what's with the same starters, I thought HOTY would mean something. Overall, I'm really dissapointed...
Oh dear; did you set your expectations a bit too high? The starters of Kanto are the starters of Rijon until Coolboyman explicitly changes them in Brown. Let's see now. The ability to get Eevee so early is something already set in stone because that's where the same building is positioned in Brown. Same case with the fossils.

I find myself stuffing more content in the end, anyway. Stuff may seem "similar", but more often they're just copies of the original Pokémon formula; gym leaders of course have similar scripts. With FireRed, you're talking about a game that's pretty devoid of full-on scripting anyway (which isn't the case with Ruby and Sapphire, and Emerald) so making comparisons might be a bit over one's head.

No less, I appreciate the idea that you'll continue playing, and I don't disagree with your criticisms to a limited extent. (Oh, and turn the volume up as you play.)

That's Our Switch.
Old February 19th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I have now finished off the Elite 4 (Not to mention finding Raikou in the grass on my way there, Premier Balls are awesome ), I must say this is definitely HOTY for me. Overall amazing, can't wait for the next beta to emerge.
Old February 20th, 2009, 01:10 AM
HentaiHentai
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
If you don't use save states, then yes, you will be able to transfer your save file over.

And, because it's sorta needed because of some of the glitches people have gotten:

2009 beta
January 12th 2009
How was Christmas and the New Year? Was it fine? I've got something new for the New Year, too.

This release is more of an incremental thing. It fixes a few bugs that people have encountered, but it also adds the updated Merson Cave map I showed off earlier. Give it a whirl if you'd like!
Hello, well I have more of a question on this.
Btw, this hack so far is pretty good. Im playing it on my PSP and Ive actually sat for a 5hrs playing it. Anyways onto my question. Im using the x-Mas release and since the game cannot save via the ROM method Im using save states. Im quite far into the game. Is there no way I can use my save state? Normally, when Im hacking in my game I would take my character to a map that would not be affected by the new material being edited, if I saved state my char in char's bedroom would that work?

Wow, if you read that thank you. Keep up the good work. I would like to visit Johto sometime

Edit: I read that post up a bit, I agree i have seen some similarities, i have also noticed what appears to me to be the exact same as Nintendo's FR scripts for the rival? For instance when heading to Bill's place you meet rival on bridge well his script (movements, etc) are identical, most of the rivals scripts appear to me to be the exact same. Dont get me wrong this hack is worth playing def. worth playing. Oh! and the music? What tracks are different. I may not have been paying attention but I cant tell whats new....

Sorry, for the little rant. Awsome Hack thus Far.

Last edited by HentaiHentai; February 20th, 2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:27 PM
xeladude
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Oh dear; did you set your expectations a bit too high? The starters of Kanto are the starters of Rijon until Coolboyman explicitly changes them in Brown. Let's see now. The ability to get Eevee so early is something already set in stone because that's where the same building is positioned in Brown. Same case with the fossils.

I find myself stuffing more content in the end, anyway. Stuff may seem "similar", but more often they're just copies of the original Pokémon formula; gym leaders of course have similar scripts. With FireRed, you're talking about a game that's pretty devoid of full-on scripting anyway (which isn't the case with Ruby and Sapphire, and Emerald) so making comparisons might be a bit over one's head.

No less, I appreciate the idea that you'll continue playing, and I don't disagree with your criticisms to a limited extent. (Oh, and turn the volume up as you play.)
Heh, I think I might have put my expectations up, but being awarded with something that prestigous is an honor. SO far, I'm stuck on the grass gym, I'm suprised with the Sceptile, it owned me so hard :l

And when you compared the other hacks, I guess your kinda right. But that still doesn't explain the similar scripts, is there any Shinou pokemon or Shinou moves, or perhaps any special legendary scripts? I'm still gonna try to keep playing. Nice job with HotY
Old February 21st, 2009, 02:27 AM
graydaze
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeladude View Post
Heh, I think I might have put my expectations up, but being awarded with something that prestigous is an honor. SO far, I'm stuck on the grass gym, I'm suprised with the Sceptile, it owned me so hard :l
i beat sceptile with my lvl 32 aerodactyl .. :D
Old February 21st, 2009, 04:37 AM
addman999
Beginning Trainer

you dont need to beat the grass gym yet go on to the next one and then go back thats what i did .
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:41 AM
falcon_knife34
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to falcon_knife34
Hi i couldnt see someone in the fifth gym and also i cant find the hm04. U said it was in the hayward city a man looking for his cam but i couldnt find that man too CAn someone help me??

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links