The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 3rd, 2008 (03:30 AM).
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcookie_93 View Post
So wait if ups doesnt work on vba what emulator are we going to play it on. Or is it self automatic like a fan-game?
Neither. You have to patch it using a patching program.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old May 3rd, 2008 (03:33 AM).
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcookie_93 View Post
So wait if ups doesnt work on vba what emulator are we going to play it on. Or is it self automatic like a fan-game?
I'm not sure exactly but I presume we'll either have to use different Emus which could be a pain in the rear, or a patch will have to be released for VBA.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry Hiroshi, didn't see your post. I thought you meant that we wouldn't be able to play any Rom with a UPS patch
Old May 3rd, 2008 (03:45 AM).
Hat?
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
Neither. You have to patch it using a patching program.
This is it here.
By the way Hiroshi, I like the way you done Virturia.
Old May 3rd, 2008 (03:48 AM).
Mitchman

Nature: Hasty
So wait you apply the patch to the rom using ups. But since the rom is bigger vba wont support the rom? It got me confused.
Old May 3rd, 2008 (03:51 AM).
Hiroshi Sotomura

Rubbish. VBA supports ROMs of many sizes - the highest would probably depend on your RAM; Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, and many other GBA games, come on 32 MB ROMs.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old May 3rd, 2008 (04:44 AM).
Mitchman

Nature: Hasty
Ok then. Now I understand.
Old May 3rd, 2008 (04:30 PM). Edited May 3rd, 2008 by Ripper.
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Okay, just a few more things I picked up...

In the Owsauri Gym, if you head to the right and up the ice to battle the guy you will be on ice during the battle. This means that whilst the guy waks over to you normally along the ice, you slide and end up in a running animation while he is talking... It looks odd.

Also, maybe you gave the Owsauri Leader too many Super Potions. At first I was like, phew I'm glad I caught me a Growlithe earlier, but then I realised she had that stupid Lapras so I decided to Poison it. I was never able to get it down past half health as she has at least four Super Potions...

EDIT: In the Kids Clubhouse the kid with the GBA doesn't have a script. A child on the top story says "RED" as opposed to "Red" as well as saying "meed" instead of "meet".

EDIT 2: The guys that teach you the 'Mega' fighting moves say "MEGA KICK" and "MEGA PUNCH".

Also, one final thing. Although youhave moved many things around from FRLG, you can still tell that you've used them. I'm meaning things such as the Nugget Pass. It hasn've actually been changed. What IMO you should do is change the area from a long path into maybe some form of swerving path.

EG.

\ __________________________\
\___________________________ \
\ ___________________________\

With a trainer at the end of each path and the _ representing jumpable ledges. That way it makes it seem more unquie, otherwise it's the same old thing, with just a small tile change effectively. Of course, these are just my annoying ideas Obviously you'll do what you feel necessary.
Old May 3rd, 2008 (04:45 PM).
Hiroshi Sotomura

Sadly, I'm aware of those issues. :x

(Though the skiing issue I consider very minor.)

That's Our Switch.
Old May 3rd, 2008 (05:07 PM).
Ripper
The Dark Knight

I edited my post one last time Also, how many Super Potions does she have? Four? I finally bet (beated?) her. I evolved my poor widdle Growlithe and also gave Wartortle Mega Kick. I paralysed it with Weepinbell's Stunspore before letting lose a couple of Bites and Mega Kicks. Now I'll have to TMify Arcanine.
Old May 3rd, 2008 (05:51 PM).
Hiroshi Sotomura

Yes, four. For the final version though, I turned it down and instead put her Pokémon at a slightly higher level.

That's Our Switch.
Old May 3rd, 2008 (05:54 PM).
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Oh yay It was interesting, fighting an Ice Leader... Ugh, unless you have a really powerful attacker or a status infecter the battle would be really hard. I suppose that's what you were aiming for?
Old May 3rd, 2008 (07:30 PM). Edited May 4th, 2008 by Christos.
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

Quote:
Yes, four. For the final version though, I turned it down and instead put her Pokémon at a slightly higher level.
Yay.
I like the virtual world effect a lot hiroshi sotomura.
The UPS is also good news.
Old May 4th, 2008 (02:48 AM).
Hiroshi Sotomura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Also, one final thing. Although youhave moved many things around from FRLG, you can still tell that you've used them. I'm meaning things such as the Nugget Pass. It hasn've actually been changed. What IMO you should do is change the area from a long path into maybe some form of swerving path.

EG.

\ __________________________\
\___________________________ \
\ ___________________________\

With a trainer at the end of each path and the _ representing jumpable ledges. That way it makes it seem more unquie, otherwise it's the same old thing, with just a small tile change effectively. Of course, these are just my annoying ideas :P Obviously you'll do what you feel necessary.
That's deliberate: Nugget Pass's layout intentionally reflects that of FireRed's, only because Brown's actually reflects that of Red's. And I'm not changing it.

Heck, it's a coincidence that the other side of the grassy areas with the ledges would remotely resemble the FireRed counter part as I had specifically blanked that part out.

That's Our Switch.
Old May 4th, 2008 (09:07 AM). Edited May 4th, 2008 by Christos.
cooley
///Keepin' it simple
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Wow Hiroshi!
You're BETA is really something. I see that you're talented at inserting music into the hack, because of all the RUBY music I've listened to.
-cooley
Old May 4th, 2008 (09:21 AM).
Archayos
THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Archayos Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Archayos
Lookin' good, Hisho. I loved the beta. Usually, I'm kinda reluctant to download patches and then bother myself with downloading roms, but this hack is an exception. It's awesome!

Alright, so as mentioned in that link provided for the full info. on UPS, it doesn't work in VBA. So which emulator do you plan on using, then? For some reason, I have a gut feeling that it'll work in No$GBA. Perhaps not now, but later in the near future.
Want your game's name here? PM me!

Quote:
In Mimi's terms: "You're stupid. Go away."
/\ I said that to some random guy pestering me for a resource. :/
Old May 4th, 2008 (01:51 PM).
Hiroshi Sotomura

No emulator. By using UPS, until VBA implements support, you're just going to use the hard-patching method like the rest of us had to from ages ago.

That's Our Switch.
Old May 4th, 2008 (08:17 PM).
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Quote:
That's deliberate: Nugget Pass's layout intentionally reflects that of FireRed's, only because Brown's actually reflects that of Red's. And I'm not changing it.

Heck, it's a coincidence that the other side of the grassy areas with the ledges would remotely resemble the FireRed counter part as I had specifically blanked that part out.
Ah, didn't know that. Oh well, if it was like that Brown :D

As I haven't played Brown, I was just curious as to how much different the two games are. Is it like comparing Red to FireRed?
Old May 4th, 2008 (11:46 PM).
Enigmatic Soldier
Master Trainer

will you or a tester release a guide on how to do ups patching in detail.

also whats the ips method called when you put the rom and hack in the same folder and make them both have the same name to make them work cause thats what i use.
Old May 4th, 2008 (11:55 PM).
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
this game is so good and like the events like the new beta
Old May 5th, 2008 (08:14 AM).
Hat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic Soldier View Post
will you or a tester release a guide on how to do ups patching in detail.

also whats the ips method called when you put the rom and hack in the same folder and make them both have the same name to make them work cause thats what i use.
You simply download a UPS Patcher

Make a backup of a Fire Red ROM so you can still play the original if needed.

In the UPS patcher...
Select a copy of a Fire Red ROM, as the "Input File".
As the "Output File", call it something to remember it by, like Rijon Adventures Version <whatever>.gba.
Select the rijonadventures.ups file as the "Patch File".
Click "Apply".
Old May 22nd, 2008 (06:34 AM).
Hiroshi Sotomura

Spinning the money wheel…
May 23rd 2008
It's been a long time without an update, so it's time to deliver something new.

In the Goldenrod City Game Corner, which recently received a renovation, there's a new game!

This is a game of luck!

Put down a some of your money, and get coins. A bit devious, isn't it? But, you have to be lucky! In the screenshots above, the player can put down 500 yen in a game of chance.

A variety of outcomes occur…

There are numerous outcomes dependent on chance. If you are unlucky enough to get “Bankrupt” (which happens often) then you'll lose your bet. If you get a “no bonus”, you don't lose your money. If you get any coins out of this, you still lose your bet but you get some coins out of it. On the table in the screenshot above, you can get 50 coins, but…

If you're lucky, you can get up to 250 coins! …on this particular table only, that is.

2000 yen for 1000 coins max!?

There are different tables that bet different amounts. Perhaps you can fill your coin case much more easily?

That's Our Switch.
Old May 22nd, 2008 (06:39 AM).
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
nice updates man, this is looking amazing

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old May 22nd, 2008 (06:51 AM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
This game's really good, I like the spinning the money wheel event. Anyway this hack going great, I can't wait for the next release of this hack.
Good luck Hiroshi, I hope for some more updates soon!

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old May 22nd, 2008 (06:51 AM).
kaijudo
Hacking Fan, Bored to Death

Location: NETHERLANDS OF THE HOENN REGION SEPERATED BY KANTO AND SINNOH WITH Jht
Awesome hack, I love it! Its pretty awesome with the Wii and stuff.

Spoiler:
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.

WARMY MY EGGY AND I'LL WARMY YOURS!
This one too
Old May 23rd, 2008 (06:11 PM).
ItachiXTF
Unhatched Egg

I have a question. Do you have to trade the pokemon like Kadabra for them to evolve?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links