The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old July 18th, 2004, 10:59 AM
DarkMiko
Kish's Baby Boo

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DarkMiko
[CENTER][SIZE=7][COLOR=Silver]I need help figuring out what the best 'Pokemon team' is for this game.Got any sugestions?

I'm sweet to people I like and not to others. So stay on my good side or.......................... I'm kiddin'. Promise.
Please understand I have not been here in almost a year. So I'm still in La La Land but I'll Get back in the swing of things soon.

No worries. ^-^

E-Mail me if you'd like. (and you're nice) ^-^

Last edited by DarkMiko; July 18th, 2004 at 11:45 AM.
Old July 18th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Scyther
Te odeo interfice te cochleare

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Scyther
here is my team and i have never lost:
trapinch/flygon(mine hasnt evoloved into a flygon yet)
lapras
magmar
electabuzz
roselia
scyther

Old July 18th, 2004, 11:06 AM
DarkMiko
Kish's Baby Boo

O.K. I'll try that outThanks P.S.Keep postin'

I'm sweet to people I like and not to others. So stay on my good side or.......................... I'm kiddin'. Promise.
Please understand I have not been here in almost a year. So I'm still in La La Land but I'll Get back in the swing of things soon.

No worries. ^-^

Old July 18th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Scyther
Te odeo interfice te cochleare

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Scyther
you do realise that ive only beat 8 gyms at the mo i havent tryed the league yet and im not going to till my pokemon are lvl 50

Old July 18th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Pogiforce-14
EV/IV Trainer

my team is:
Blaziken
Swampert
Sceptile
Groudon
Manectric
Rayquaza

at this point, no player human or AI has been able to beat my team ever since i reached level one hundred. But it's not the level that makes it hard. It's the balance of moves. I have determined that my team has moves that would give supereffective hits to every type of pokemon except pure Psychic types and ghost types. That's what I call being prepared. :D Basically what I'm saying is i suggest a team that is well balanced and covers all teh grounds. Similar to what I have. and use ice moves on two or three of them some people (humans) simply love rayquaza, plus they'll work excellently on teh dragon trainer of the elite four.

PBR:
1676-0779-0037
Pearl:
0215 7344 5643

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Click here for something awesome.
Old July 18th, 2004, 11:42 AM
DarkMiko
Kish's Baby Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyther
you do realise that ive only beat 8 gyms at the mo i havent tryed the league yet and im not going to till my pokemon are lvl 50
Thanks for tellin' me :dead: :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiforce-14
my team is:
Blaziken
Swampert
Sceptile
Groudon
Manectric
Rayquaza

at this point, no player human or AI has been able to beat my team ever since i reached level one hundred. But it's not the level that makes it hard. It's the balance of moves. I have determined that my team has moves that would give supereffective hits to every type of pokemon except pure Psychic types and ghost types. That's what I call being prepared. :D Basically what I'm saying is i suggest a team that is well balanced and covers all teh grounds. Similar to what I have. and use ice moves on two or three of them some people (humans) simply love rayquaza, plus they'll work excellently on teh dragon trainer of the elite four.
WOW!!!!!! You should be a writter.
:D By the way thanks

No worries. ^-^

Last edited by Frostweaver; July 20th, 2004 at 11:40 AM.
Old July 18th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Pogiforce-14
EV/IV Trainer

actually, I do write. I hve three fan fictions on fanfiction.net , although two of them are not finished. The pokemon one I'm working on you can find the link to on PC.

Since you haven't beaten teh elite four yet,i would suggest Ninetales (Blaizken if you have it), Breloom,(since the first guy is a dark user and breloom is part fighting. if you use blaziken, then you can use sceptile instead if you ahve it.), Absol(Dark to counter the ghosts iagainst Elite 2), lantern (Swampert with ice beam if you ahve it) Groudon or Kyogre(whichever you have.) and anything else, the other five pretty much cover the elite four.

PBR:
1676-0779-0037
Pearl:
0215 7344 5643

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Click here for something awesome.
Old July 18th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
it's no fun making a team (especially so OU/UBAR populated like Pogiforce-14's IMHO) that's not yours... more fun comes from making the "best team" than battling. Battling is just the result of your hard work, testing if your work means anything (it's so fulfulling when Yanma beats Mewtwo XD)
Old July 18th, 2004, 08:15 PM
bass sp
great independent navi.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bass sp
my team is tyranitar, feraligatr,kyogre,rayquaza,groudon, and sceptile
Old July 18th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Simon
Poké-perfecto

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Simon
The best team would be 6 Magikarps with 999 points in every stat. There is no best team in my opinion. There will always be a team that is better, even if you have 6 Mewtwos. If you're getting a team for in-game play, 6 level 100 magikarps will do it. If you're playing agaisnt real human players, learn EVs, HPs, natures, etc.

I go away for 2 days and there are like 10 threads about codes...just ranting.
Old July 19th, 2004, 07:12 AM
DarkMiko
Kish's Baby Boo

Thanks every body for the great posts!!!!!!!!! On Sat. I'll give my vote on who has the best team!!!!!!!! (If you wan't me to)

No worries. ^-^

Old July 19th, 2004, 07:24 AM
GlockStopper
why cant i kill pokemon

Charizard:
Blast Burn
Fly
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower

Blastoise:
Hydro Cannon
Ice Beam
Bite
Surf

Venusaur:
Frenzy Plant
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Solar Beam

Gengar:
Shadow Punch
Giga Drain
Psychic
Shadow Ball

Scizor:
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Metal Claw
Hyper Beam

Pidgeot
Fly
Mirror Move
Steel Wing
Quick Attack

and they all lvl 100

SmokyMcPot:::iHave9Tails:::KittyDoggy Mr.PopStar:::Lil'Rascal:::MrManPrety

Last edited by GlockStopper; July 20th, 2004 at 02:55 AM.
Old July 19th, 2004, 09:34 AM
DarkMiko
Kish's Baby Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiforce-14
actually, I do write. I hve three fan fictions on fanfiction.net , although two of them are not finished. The pokemon one I'm working on you can find the link to on PC.

Since you haven't beaten teh elite four yet,i would suggest Ninetales (Blaizken if you have it), Breloom,(since the first guy is a dark user and breloom is part fighting. if you use blaziken, then you can use sceptile instead if you ahve it.), Absol(Dark to counter the ghosts iagainst Elite 2), lantern (Swampert with ice beam if you ahve it) Groudon or Kyogre(whichever you have.) and anything else, the other five pretty much cover the elite four.
Ihave beaten the game, 2 times!!!!! But I still want to see how other people like to beat the game and try it out for my self. If no one minds

No worries. ^-^

Old July 19th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Simon
Poké-perfecto

So this is for an in-game team? In-game trainers in the battle tower can't even beat a level 100 Linoone. Any team will do for in-game play. You could use just your starter and be able to sweep through with ease.
Old July 19th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Mew9
Ready to win in tourney!!

yeah, i sweep battle tower with a bunch of guys who r level 46 and r Sandslash, CZard, and Pidgeot. usually i just need Pudgeot and Sandslash, and thats pretty sad (well, Pidgeot, at least). Ne1 can beat the in-game guys, considering they have the intelligence of a goldfish. just use ur favorites and u can have fun with the game. u don't just have to use the most powerful guys. Look at Frosty's teams. sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much UU, and never even a hint of a UBER.

thanz JKaizer 4 da card

CHANGED MY NAME TO BLITZ, SO PM ME AND REFER TO ME AS BLITZ (or my name, Chris).

AR Crypt
Why wait for people to respond to ur code requests when u can convert codes with the push of a button? Here's all the info u need for ur quick Game Boy Codes: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...293#post345293

curtosy of Icy Storm

My friends:
katfox2
Poke'gangster
Eliana
NOT_A_MONKEY
Wy_Wynaut
nanok242
Old July 20th, 2004, 02:41 PM
DarkMiko
Kish's Baby Boo

You see i want to find out what the perfect team is.And since i can't do that with JUST my Fav pokemon i'll try it with diferent peoples FAV pokemon untill i find the perfect group!!!!! IF YOU DON'T MIND THAT IS.

No worries. ^-^

Last edited by DarkMiko; July 20th, 2004 at 03:31 PM.
Old July 20th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Mew9

THERE IS NO PERFECT GROUP!!! NINTENDO MADE IT SO THAT U COULD USE A TEAM OF UR FAVORITE UU's AND STILL BEAT A TEAM OF 6 MEWTWO'S!!!!!!!!!! (well, it would be tough but its still possible). just use ur favs, and u can form wat u believe to be the perfect team. it won't do ne good to use other people's favs since u mayaswell use ur and be just as good, plus u'll have a team to call ur own perfect team.

thanz JKaizer 4 da card

CHANGED MY NAME TO BLITZ, SO PM ME AND REFER TO ME AS BLITZ (or my name, Chris).

AR Crypt
Why wait for people to respond to ur code requests when u can convert codes with the push of a button? Here's all the info u need for ur quick Game Boy Codes: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...293#post345293

curtosy of Icy Storm

My friends:
katfox2
Poke'gangster
Eliana
NOT_A_MONKEY
Wy_Wynaut
nanok242
Old July 20th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Simon
Poké-perfecto

It can be done. Easily even. All you need is Ninjask with BP and a Pokemon that can use the stats well.
Old July 20th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Mew9

well, that can be countered by anti-ninjakask or hazers. there IS NOT a perfect team. give it up, people.

thanz JKaizer 4 da card

AR Crypt

curtosy of Icy Storm

My friends:
katfox2
Poke'gangster
Eliana
NOT_A_MONKEY
Wy_Wynaut
nanok242
Old July 20th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Simon
Poké-perfecto

I mean Ninjask+BP+Some Pokemon can beat 6 Mewtwos. I know Hazers and moves like Bonemerang can beat Ninjask. So unless someone hacked Mewtwo up with Bonemerang or Haze *cough Mew89 *cough* Mewtwo is done.
Old July 20th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Mew9

hey, since i'm almost positive ur referring to me with the hacked up Mewtwo, get the name right. Mew9, not 89. some member that doesn't exist doesn't deserve my credit for hacking messed up guys. *grin*
don't forget my wonderful Oddish back in the day:
Oddish
Leaf Blade
Toxic
Solarbeam
EQ
ahhhhhhhhh.................. the good old days. shame i'm changin my ways. haven't touched the calc in quite some time.

thanz JKaizer 4 da card

AR Crypt

curtosy of Icy Storm

My friends:
katfox2
Poke'gangster
Eliana
NOT_A_MONKEY
Wy_Wynaut
nanok242
Old July 21st, 2004, 06:47 AM
DarkMiko
Kish's Baby Boo

I know that !!!!!!!!! I just want to find a team that can go through the game WITHOUT any problems!!!!!!!!!
BTW it's not for me it's for my friend he's new in the pokemon world and I can't even help him anymore 'cause he moved (:'( :'( :'( WWWWWHHHAAAAAHHHHH I miss him!!!!)

No worries. ^-^

Old July 21st, 2004, 07:05 AM
BigBoss
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via AIM to BigBoss Send a message via Yahoo to BigBoss
Here is a team without any probs-
Blaziken
Kyogre or Kingdra
Scepile
Rayquaza (to learn thunder)
The rest is your choice but I would usually use Action Replay and get a Charizard and Typhlosion but you should have one for pokemon youre training, and your fav. pokemon as the other.
Old July 21st, 2004, 07:10 AM
DarkMiko
Kish's Baby Boo

Yay!!!! Another fire lover like ME!!!!! BTW THANKS

No worries. ^-^

Old July 21st, 2004, 11:58 AM
Iveechan
based on a paperclip

Send a message via AIM to Iveechan
Walrein seems ignored here o.o. It's like Lapras but with the ability to learn Earthquake. Walrein is water/ice with really high HP like Lapras and is excellent in the elite 4.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links