The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 20th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Kylo
Squirrel Maniac

OK, I'm starting this thread for anyone who wants to watch for updates on Midi the Squirrel. Right now, there's a demo available that works for Vista, but so far, I'm not sure if it works on any Mac engines because I don't have a Mac.

Here are some screenies:

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO

OK, so there's the link to download it. I won't be updating that demo anymore, but further updates to the full game will be shown in text logs and video recordings. One problem with the demo is that the final boss freezes the game after you kill him, so when he gets down to his last hit point, I suggest you quit, or you'll have to CTRL+ALT+DEL your computer. I can't solve this right now, so don't ask me to.

Currently, I have everything the demo includes, as well as the below loggings:

VIDEO 1

*Corrected hill detection so Midi doesn't bounce while going downhill.
*Enhanced missile homing so they don't orbit the enemies forever.
*Added caffeine shakes to make Midi run faster.
*Shortened required ladder hight for Midi to land.
*Added some enemies, so that there's actually something to do.
*Created a lame shop engine that will soon be replaced with a not-so-lame shop engine.
*Added talking NPCs.
*Completed the day/night clock engine.
*Working on the not lame version of the shop, but it resulted in Midi's death.
*Added a wall kick skill.
*Moved coffee into the pause menu.
*Added a canteen.

VIDEO 2

Midi the level 75 Pachirisu!

Please read my story!

Join the Leafly game design forum! There's room for everyone and everything you wanna do! We've got videogames, art gallery, role-play, and of course, the Leafly design team. PM me if you want details on joining the design team, but anyone can join the forums for for any other reason, except spamming of course!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links