The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 25th, 2008 (11:36 PM).
Revendusman
Booted out - don't be like me!

At least thats wahtr somebody told me, but they didn't go any further. Do you know what they meant? Cos it seems that Darwinism is getting increasingly pressured as knowledge accumalates against it.
Old March 25th, 2008 (11:39 PM).
WarHawk
No more School.

It means that they cannot support the theory of evolution with enough proof.

Have a great summer.
Old March 25th, 2008 (11:42 PM).
Revendusman

Originally Posted by KyoZ View Post
It means that they cannot support the theory of evolution with enough proof.
WELL DUH....whos they um,m,m I'm also stupid. Don't feel so bad, ur not alone. Kidding, kidding.
Old March 26th, 2008 (01:49 AM).
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
Hey! Darwin's theory is true! At least I say it was. You can't just sit and say "Let's wait and see..." Evolution takes place in an astronomical time(I mean millions of years). You cannot really watch evolution goes by. Besides, speciation is extremely essential for the adaptation for a certain species, like us.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old March 26th, 2008 (02:09 AM).
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar99 View Post
Hey! Darwin's theory is true! At least I say it was. You can't just sit and say "Let's wait and see..." Evolution takes place in an astronomical time(I mean millions of years). You cannot really watch evolution goes by. Besides, speciation is extremely essential for the adaptation for a certain species, like us.
Now wait a moment, you actually can't say that at all. It's a theory, and while there is a heap of evidence supporting it, you can't say it's absolutely-positively-undoubtedly true.

Also, you can watch evolution. Just look at the bacteria, viruses and pests that are becoming more and more resilient to our ways of combating them as each generation goes past.

Then of course there's always Pokémon evolution \o/
Old March 26th, 2008 (02:34 AM).
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
Well I'm mean the major species. The finches or tortoises and most, must wait for any climatic changes before they can adapt and evolve. And I'm sorry about the "the theory is true" part. I'm just expressing though.

Old March 26th, 2008 (02:58 AM).
Revendusman

Theory of evolution is rubbish, don't believe it, because its only atheory, no better then falt-earth theory. Also, evolution is part of an ANIME game, for gods sake! how on Eart hcould it be real?
Old March 26th, 2008 (03:05 AM).
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

??????????? Did you not know what's real science? It's about proving theories! And because of evolution why we're here! And evolution take a long time to accomplish(Except for the microbes I think.)

Old March 26th, 2008 (03:07 AM).
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

Darwinism may or may not be the true theory, we've never known for certain. All I hope for is that a proper scientific look at things will appear someday.

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr
Old March 26th, 2008 (03:10 AM).
Revendusman

??????????? Did you not know what's real science? It's about proving theories! And because of evolution why we're here! And evolution take a long time to accomplish(Except for the microbes I think.)
Well I've never seen a microbe evolve, even over a microsocpe, and they don't evolve quickly.
Old March 26th, 2008 (03:16 AM).
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

You inaccurately prejudiced it. It's not the shape of the microbes, it's about the genetic material and the resistance and it's defences. Did you know about the dengue virus, which normally leads you to death for days? Now it's now it's in improved form, claiming lots of lives in a matter of hours...

Old March 26th, 2008 (03:30 AM).
Revendusman

Now it's now it's in improved form, claiming lots of lives in a matter of hours...
Oh, you horrible person, you think death is an improvement.
Old March 26th, 2008 (03:34 AM).
ClassicRockFan
Advanced Trainer

Dude, he is saying that it became more immune to things and was faster working due to evolution.
Old March 26th, 2008 (03:37 AM).
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockfan View Post
Dude, he is saying that it became more immune to things and was faster working due to evolution.

He's very precise and accurate. I'm just saying the bad effect or evo.

PS: And please put an avatar will you? It made me think you're a nobody.

Old March 26th, 2008 (03:43 AM).
Revendusman

Originally Posted by classicrockfan View Post
Dude, he is saying that it became more im
mune to things and was faster working due to evolution.
My mistake, I though he was endorsing homicide.
Quote:
He's very precise and accurate. I'm just saying the bad effect or evo.

PS: And please put an avatar will you? It made me think you're a nobody.
i AM A NEwbie, to be honest, and hewas precise but not accurate, and left room for misunderstanding.
Old March 26th, 2008 (03:47 AM).
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

And...................Welcome to the club of newbies!!!

Old March 26th, 2008 (03:50 AM).
Revendusman

And...................Welcome to the club of newbies!!!
tHANKEE..................................
Old March 26th, 2008 (03:53 AM).
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

And.................................Welcomee!!

'Cause I sometimes mess up with my post.

Old March 26th, 2008 (04:03 AM).
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
Uhh what. Don't spam you two, stay ontopic - anything else can be left to PM's.
Old March 26th, 2008 (04:41 AM). Edited March 26th, 2008 by Jaimes.
Jaimes
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revendusman View Post
Theory of evolution is rubbish, don't believe it, because its only atheory, no better then falt-earth theory. Also, evolution is part of an ANIME game, for gods sake! how on Eart hcould it be real?
Yeah? I suppose gravity is a theory too. guess that's a load of BS then. Critics calling it a 'just a theory' honestly know nothing about the subject of evo.

Besides evolution is termed as a theory AND a fact. People have even made a freaking Wikipedia article to try and get this message across to stubborn people.

A 'fact' is an observation. It is 'factual' that there are no records of humans living billions of years ago. Fruit flies and bacteria have also been seen evolving to produce different genetic info.
A 'theory' is an explanation of an observation. E.g Maybe there were no humans.. guess they hadn't been around yet.

Since evolution took its millions of years, one uses factual evidence and theories to pull together decent explanations. Biologists look at evidence of it occuring as opposed to watching it happen in there time machine. There is more evidence to actual observations, so evolution is mostly theoretical.

Besides, there's so much evidence available, frankly ignoring it and saying it's rubbish is being really dumb and narrow-minded. If you can provide a better explanation as to how we exist and somehow refute all the evidence that surrounds other theories, go ahead.

Try to actually research something properly before you bash it.

=/
Old March 26th, 2008 (04:45 AM).
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Yeah...........your'e kinda right. Evolution is just a theory, and It'll never fail me for studying it...

Whoot! 300th post!

Old March 26th, 2008 (06:58 AM).
Scales
Man of Infinite Jest

Nature: Impish
Evolution has been something I have always believed in. Since I don't believe in how the church says everything just came out of no where.

Thanks Jaimes for contradicting people who bash things.
Old March 26th, 2008 (09:59 AM).
Gyro
-r o t a t i o n-

Send a message via AIM to Gyro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerevarine View Post
Evolution has been something I have always believed in. Since I don't believe in how the church says everything just came out of no where.

Thanks Jaimes for contradicting people who bash things.
I learned about this a cuple of months ago in my American History class and about how the Fudamentalists and Secular thinkers were fighting over the truths of science. Fundamentalists were religious Protestant people who believed in the Bible and that God created everything. They rejected Darwin's theory of evolution because they believed God created all, and didnt want evolution being taught in schools and whatnot. That's basically what I learned..and it's a miracle that I even remember any of this.

As for the theory of evolution, I choose to remain indifferent because I can't decide whether or not i believe it ._.
Old March 26th, 2008 (10:03 AM).
Cassino

Quote:
At least thats wahtr somebody told me, but they didn't go any further. Do you know what they meant? Cos it seems that Darwinism is getting increasingly pressured as knowledge accumalates against it.
I take it this somebody is much more religious than scientific, which would explain his/her statement. Unless there is another scientific theory that has risen to oppose evolution lately, that's the only reason I can come up with.
Old March 26th, 2008 (10:25 AM).
Jaimes
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Cos it seems that Darwinism is getting increasingly pressured as knowledge accumalates against it.
Actually it's by far the opposite.

The 'beauty of science' is that new evidence is always being brought forward providing new insight or causing theorists to adjust and improve their work. New evidence for evolution is being discovered all the time and is now accepted by the majority of the scientific community as factual.

What knowledge has accumulated against it? I can't think of any. The only thing against evolution is creationism. Where the only unchangeable source is a 2000 year old book, and any proof supporting this concept is neglible.

=/
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links