The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old February 3rd, 2008 (07:13 PM). Edited March 12th, 2008 by Xiros.
Xiros's Avatar
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uruguay
Gender:
Nature: Adamant

..: Hack Name :..

Pokémon Omega

..: Basic Information :..


Hack of: Pokémon Ruby
Hack creator: Xiros
Team: Xiros, Xiros, Xiros & Xiros.
Translator: AntiRellik translated Pokémon Omega to english.
Language: English [Beta 1 released] & Spanish [Beta 1 released]

..: Introduction :..

The idea of this hack was thought in mid-2006, but for many reasons I restarted it for several times. Finally, with my friend Wolsea we decided to create the final version, but he retired just before starting, so I decided to do it with almost any help. And here it is, with me scripting, spriting, mapping, creating tiles, and everything you can imagine.

..: Story :..


Part 1: 10000 years ago… darkness and silence reigned in the sister regions, that are called Koren and Kaioh. The two regions were completely destroyed because of the battle between the guardian of koren, known as the guardian Giratina, against kaiohs guardian called Regigigas… It seemed as the battle was never going to end, there has passed six months of intense battle and none of the contenders even thought to surrender.
To stop the battle, most of the world's strongest pokémons went to the region, but very few had the courage to intervene, but none of them achieved any positive results.
Suddenly, appeared the pokemon which is said was born before the creation of the universe… and with its immense power it separated the two contenders, hiding them in different parts of the sister regions, so that the battle would never be repeated again…


Part 2:
In the year 1512, Captain Blue got lost navigating on the peaceful seas of the south, and after two months, when everything seemed to be lost, he discovered the two sister regions...

Diary of Captain Blue:

July 7, 1512:
After two months of being lost and without having any hope of living, today we saw a piece of land on the horizon. We are very happy because we don´t have any more resources. We are praying with all our strength, hopping that in that new world there are enough resources for us and it is good enough to belong to our empire.

July 12, 1512: Finally we are on that region! It is beautiful, now we are going to explore.

July 13, 1512: We have discovered that there is another region very close to this one, that is perfect, we will be able to expand our empire. My researchers say that humans can leave in this regions, even though we haven´t explored too much.

July 14, 1512: This morning we found the first signs of life, we have seen a small pokémon that our Paper Pokédex (What do you want? Look at the year ^ ^) do not have it in writing.

July 14, 1512 (afternoon): This is amazing! There is life in this region (obviously they are inferior than us). They have a very primitive language, but our researchers were able to translate the majority. We were told that the regions are sisters and are called Kaioh & Koren, and also they said something we didn´t understand too much, there are two possibilities, maybe they love us and want to make a party to us, or maybe they are going to kill us, who knows.

July 17, 1512: My explorers discovered a cave, but its entrance is covered by a giant stone that has rare symbols on it, we can´t understand them.

July 18, 1512: We have returned to find the entrance to the cave to the same place, but we couldn´t find it. This is very strange.
-----
The rest of the diary is useless.


Part 3:
Year 2000.
The two regions have a lot of population, and the indigen are completely extinct… Necro managed to discover what said the symbols that were in a cave and learned a lot about the Battle of thousands of years ago. It became very ambitious and decided to form a team, the Shadow Team, and their goal was to catch the legendary pokémon that fought on that battle to take over the world. Two years later the team had become very famous, and with thousands of members, they stole everything they could to become rich, but they never forgot their main aim.
To stop them, one of the best teachers pokémon, known as Zel, created the EPKK (Emergency Pokémon of Koren and Kaioh). That team also became famous for doing good, and many people joined (although most were not enough powerful to fight against team shadow).


Part 4:
Year 2007.
?¿?¿?/?¿?¿? Has lived all his life in a city of Koren, call Leaf City. ?¿?¿? Is 15 years old. In this city, people become pokémon trainers on their 15th birthday, since being a trainer of lower age was risky because of the shadow team. Professor Firo gives ?¿?¿/?¿?¿ a pokémon so it can begin its adventure throw the 2 regions, koren & kaioh together and to win the 8 gyms (4 in each region), and eventually go on to win the "League of the Sister Regions" .
On its trip, it will find lots of rivals, some will became their friends, some their enemies.
¿?¿? will catch lots of pokémon, and it will have to fight against Team Shadow, and also will have lots of challenges on its trip.


..: Features :..

Travel throw the regions Koren & Kaioh.
New Maps!
New sprites!
New Tiles!
New Events!
Pokémon of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd (very few) and 4th generation!
New scripts!

..: Screens :..






..: Videos :...

(spanish videos! Soon i will upload them again but in english)

Old Man
Shiny Wildbattle
Mew Event

..: Credits :..

Serg!o for half of the animation of the rf water.
Kike-Scott for some pokemon overworlds.
Man for some sprites & overworlds, and for the design of the titlescreen.
AntiRellik for translating the beta 1 of my hack to english.

..: Banners :..

Thanks DarkkChildd!

HTML Code:
[url="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125517"][IMG]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1d44b4fc72.png[/IMG][/url]

HTML Code:
[url="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125517"][IMG]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj19/DarkkChildd/blue_banner.png[/IMG][/url]

HTML Code:
[url="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125517"][IMG]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj19/DarkkChildd/red_banner.png[/IMG][/url]
Thanks Zunex!


HTML Code:
[url="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125517"][IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g205/Rukario_987/supporter.png[/IMG][/url]
HTML Code:
[url="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125517"][IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g205/Rukario_987/supporter1.png[/IMG][/url]

..: Beta :..
You can download it from Whack a Hack

Direct links:

Beta 1 Spanish: Download Pokémon Omega beta 1 Spanish version.

Beta 1 English: Download Pokémon Omega beta 1 English version

..: Awards :..
PC Awards:
Spoiler:



[SPOILER]
Other Awards:
Spoiler:





  #2    
Old February 4th, 2008 (04:41 AM).
Teh Baro's Avatar
Teh Baro
In my times...!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Spain
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Hey man, keep it up!
Cool to see that you had it translated, it'd be a shame if PC missed it.
Love the shiny murkrow and all the bidoofs around (maybe too many?), although using cops to block the routes is a bit too overused.
And the woods... man you tricked me there, MANY times.
__________________
what the fudge
  #3    
Old February 4th, 2008 (04:45 AM).
Lupe's Avatar
Lupe
isn't she cute...
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PHILIPPINES
Age: 21
Gender:
Send a message via Yahoo to Lupe
wow nice hack where does the beta end
  #4    
Old February 4th, 2008 (04:49 AM).
Nicolas's Avatar
Nicolas
O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Yay! PKMN Omega translated into English!
I'm interested into being your spriter... and I wanna be your spriter so... can I be your spriter?
Anyways, almost every Pokemon in the game are shinies.. I think each Pokemon has some "Midas Touch" onto them....

Happy HAcking!!
__________________
  #5    
Old February 4th, 2008 (05:06 AM).
leyth10's Avatar
leyth10
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
i don't get it why can't i go further dan the begin where i only have a growlithe :(
__________________
  #6    
Old February 4th, 2008 (05:56 AM).
Twinx's Avatar
Twinx
s o m e t h i n g M O R E
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: m i l e s A W A Y
Age: 25
Gender:
Nature: Brave
The story seems really good. And I can tell from the screenshots that the graphics are nice.
I haven't played it, but I'm about to. My review will come later XD

By the way, you put the wrong link for the english version. Here's the correct link:
http://wah.studiopokemon.com/hr/omegab1english.rar (saves you the trouble )
__________________
coming back looking delicious

:: my deviantArt ::
  #7    
Old February 4th, 2008 (06:34 AM).
destinedjagold's Avatar
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Ah... Finally, the english version.
I've been waiting for this.., and also, I never got the chance to say something about your hack when I first downloaded it...

The tiles are simply amazing and the story and the way we can receive our starter is cool! I also love the shiny Murkrow event...

Keep it up, Xiros!
__________________
  #8    
Old February 4th, 2008 (06:46 AM).
Binary's Avatar
Binary
え?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 20
Nice, I'd already seen this on wah, But never got a chance to say anything XD
The tiles are simply amazing, and the titlescreen is what captures my eyes....it looks great!

The story is very good....I like the diary..adds a little excitement to the hack. Anyways nice work!

~C3LEBI
__________________
  #9    
Old February 4th, 2008 (07:05 AM).
Twinx's Avatar
Twinx
s o m e t h i n g M O R E
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: m i l e s A W A Y
Age: 25
Gender:
Nature: Brave
My review:
-the translation is excellent, some mistakes but still better than Naranja.
-palettes are pleasing for the eyes.
-tiles are nice, good luck with fixing the doors, it's pretty hard.
-Lots of shinies, is that a good thing? I dunno.. maybe if they were a bit more rare...
-Scripts are great and original.. Great job!
-DP pokemon, nice addition
-OW and backsprite to be honest aren't very good. It resembles the FR-LG one a lot. Maybe start from scratch?

I'm at the second town, does the beta go any further?
Anyway, this is one of the (rare) good quality hacks. Great Job!
Keep up the good work.
*****officially supports this hack.
__________________
coming back looking delicious

:: my deviantArt ::
  #10    
Old February 4th, 2008 (07:29 AM). Edited February 4th, 2008 by Xiros.
Xiros's Avatar
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uruguay
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Baro View Post
Hey man, keep it up!
Cool to see that you had it translated, it'd be a shame if PC missed it.
Love the shiny murkrow and all the bidoofs around (maybe too many?), although using cops to block the routes is a bit too overused.
And the woods... man you tricked me there, MANY times.
Haha yeah too many bidoofs:D
I´m now trying to fix the "all shiny bug" but it ins´t as easy as it looked xD
And about the cops, well i think for the moment they are ok, maybe later I'll change them

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainer lupe View Post
wow nice hack where does the beta end
After the first gym, on the power plant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
Yay! PKMN Omega translated into English!
I'm interested into being your spriter... and I wanna be your spriter so... can I be your spriter?
Anyways, almost every Pokemon in the game are shinies.. I think each Pokemon has some "Midas Touch" onto them....

Happy HAcking!!
Well, for the moment i´m not thinking on sprites, but maybe when i need them i will be asking you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyth10 View Post
i don't get it why can't i go further dan the begin where i only have a growlithe :(
Look at the south east of the city, there should be a route opened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkkChildd View Post
The story seems really good. And I can tell from the screenshots that the graphics are nice.
I haven't played it, but I'm about to. My review will come later XD

By the way, you put the wrong link for the english version. Here's the correct link:
http://wah.studiopokemon.com/hr/omegab1english.rar (saves you the trouble :P)
Ups, well i will have to fix the link in my first post. Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
Ah... Finally, the english version. ^^
I've been waiting for this.., and also, I never got the chance to say something about your hack when I first downloaded it...

The tiles are simply amazing and the story and the way we can receive our starter is cool! I also love the shiny Murkrow event... ^^

Keep it up, Xiros! ;)
I´m happy u liked it^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3LEBI♥ View Post
Nice, I'd already seen this on wah, But never got a chance to say anything XD
The tiles are simply amazing, and the titlescreen is what captures my eyes....it looks great!

The story is very good....I like the diary..adds a little excitement to the hack. Anyways nice work!

~C3LEBI
Hehe now u will be able to say everything u want about my hack when u want xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkkChildd View Post
My review:
-the translation is excellent, some mistakes but still better than Naranja.
-palettes are pleasing for the eyes.
-tiles are nice, good luck with fixing the doors, it's pretty hard.
-Lots of shinies, is that a good thing? I dunno.. maybe if they were a bit more rare...
-Scripts are great and original.. Great job!
-DP pokemon, nice addition :)
-OW and backsprite to be honest aren't very good. It resembles the FR-LG one a lot. Maybe start from scratch?

I'm at the second town, does the beta go any further?
Anyway, this is one of the (rare) good quality hacks. Great Job!
Keep up the good work.
*****officially supports this hack.
Well, the sprites & overworlds will be changed for the next beta (i hope!)
The "lot of shinys" is just a bug that i must fix for beta 2. Now if u don´t want to have too many shinys u only have to save the party (normal way, no savestats), and open the game again.
The doors i don´t thnk i will fix them, i just don´t care too much, but maybe since some people are asking for it...

Well, i have some "fan bars" but they are spanish ones, if someone is interested on making a bar for me would be great :P
  #11    
Old February 4th, 2008 (08:00 AM).
Teh Baro's Avatar
Teh Baro
In my times...!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Spain
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Uh? If you want less bidoofs, just put less bidoofs in the wild pokemon data
__________________
what the fudge
  #12    
Old February 4th, 2008 (09:20 AM).
Twinx's Avatar
Twinx
s o m e t h i n g M O R E
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: m i l e s A W A Y
Age: 25
Gender:
Nature: Brave
well, um, I made this banner, actually it's the first time I try make a support banner and I'm not really happy with it, but whatever... You don't have to use it. XP


mm what do you do once you rescue nurse Joy?
__________________
coming back looking delicious

:: my deviantArt ::
  #13    
Old February 4th, 2008 (09:26 AM). Edited February 4th, 2008 by Xiros.
Xiros's Avatar
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uruguay
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkkChildd View Post
well, um, I made this banner, actually it's the first time I try make a support banner and I'm not really happy with it, but whatever... You don't have to use it. XP


mm what do you do once you rescue nurse Joy?
Well thanks for the banner!

After rescuing joy u have to go to the first town, u will know what to do there;)
  #14    
Old February 4th, 2008 (11:52 AM).
Alistair
Donator Tier 2
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 24
Nature: Quirky
Good to see you brought Omega here. I have been waiting to comment on it. Anyway, I have not played the beta (yet), but as of now, the hack looks excellent. I have been following the thread ever since you posted it at WAH, and it is excellent. I love your tiles, and your story is is really good. Hope you get the Shiny bug fixed, as well as the door animations!
__________________
No signature to be found here...
  #15    
Old February 4th, 2008 (12:44 PM).
+Sneasel™'s Avatar
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: None of your business!
Age: 20
Gender:
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to +Sneasel™
wow, this hack looks amazing!
I haven't gotten to play it yet, but i can already tell how great it is!

I can tell you have spent a lot of time on this!
I remember seeing it in WAH on a news thing, but since it was in spanish, i couldn't read it...

Oh well, i can't wait to play it!
__________________
Intentions that were pure have turned obscure,
Seconds into hours, minutes into years.
Don't ask me why,
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

PPH - A great hacking forum
  #16    
Old February 4th, 2008 (01:05 PM).
Minun200's Avatar
Minun200
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Gender:
How do I play the game? It's not a patch file.
__________________


  #17    
Old February 4th, 2008 (02:56 PM).
Coolboyman's Avatar
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The East Bay
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
This hack is looking good. Although, out of ALL the Diamond and Pearl Pokemon, you HAD to choose Bidoof (I wanted them to go extinct...)

Either way, I'm in the forest and I'm having fun even though I'm stuck at the Murkrow's peck (it hits hard...) Great job, and keep up the great work.
__________________
Check out my Youtube channel. All about ROM Hacks, Indie Games and more!

Brown:


Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
  #18    
Old February 4th, 2008 (03:47 PM).
AntiRellik's Avatar
AntiRellik
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 23
Gender:
LOL
I also hate Bidoof XD
and they pop in the wild all the time rofl.
I translated this hack to English... and sure those Bidoofs plagued me XD
now I hate them even more. lol
  #19    
Old February 4th, 2008 (03:47 PM).
~Areku-San's Avatar
~Areku-San
Pokemon Darkblue Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico
Age: 6
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Areku-San
Well, the translation was Faster, extremely Faster o.O.
AntiRelik is a Speedy Gonzales in this. Hehe.
Well, is one of the best hacks what i played in my life :p.
Good Luck Wiht da Beta2. You are great [?]
Haha, nah, just kidding.
Yep, your Hacks is great.
Bye!
__________________





Thanks for your supporting!
  #20    
Old February 4th, 2008 (04:29 PM).
cloudstrife's Avatar
cloudstrife
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Gender:
hello
what game is this a hack of>
because this game looks interesting
i just wanted to know
  #21    
Old February 4th, 2008 (04:53 PM).
AntiRellik's Avatar
AntiRellik
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 23
Gender:
^It's a hack of Ruby USA.
  #22    
Old February 4th, 2008 (04:56 PM).
Xiros's Avatar
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uruguay
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Дон Пач View Post
Good to see you brought Omega here. I have been waiting to comment on it. Anyway, I have not played the beta (yet), but as of now, the hack looks excellent. I have been following the thread ever since you posted it at WAH, and it is excellent. I love your tiles, and your story is is really good. Hope you get the Shiny bug fixed, as well as the door animations!
Thanks for posting! The door animations aren´t important for me, but maybe in the future in a moment of boredom xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itman1234 View Post
wow, this hack looks amazing!
I haven't gotten to play it yet, but i can already tell how great it is!

I can tell you have spent a lot of time on this!
I remember seeing it in WAH on a news thing, but since it was in spanish, i couldn't read it...

Oh well, i can't wait to play it!
That´s the reason why i decided that omega should be in english to, because there is many people that don´t know spanish. Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachirisu200 View Post
How do I play the game? It's not a patch file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
This hack is looking good. Although, out of ALL the Diamond and Pearl Pokemon, you HAD to choose Bidoof (I wanted them to go extinct...)

Either way, I'm in the forest and I'm having fun even though I'm stuck at the Murkrow's peck (it hits hard...) Great job, and keep up the great work.
Haha yeah i loved bidoof until i added them into my hack, now i´m starting to hate them xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiRellik View Post
LOL
I also hate Bidoof XD
and they pop in the wild all the time rofl.
I translated this hack to English... and sure those Bidoofs plagued me XD
now I hate them even more. lol
Haha i think everyone who played my hack started to hate bidoof xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex_14 View Post
Well, the translation was Faster, extremely Faster o.O.
AntiRelik is a Speedy Gonzales in this. Hehe.
Well, is one of the best hacks what i played in my life :p.
Good Luck Wiht da Beta2. You are great [?]
Haha, nah, just kidding.
Yep, your Hacks is great.
Bye!
Lex, my friend, thanks for posting man! Yeah AntiRellik is very fast, and his translation is very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudstrife View Post
hello
what game is this a hack of>
because this game looks interesting
i just wanted to know
This hack is of Ruby USA
  #23    
Old February 4th, 2008 (06:08 PM).
Tyrantrum's Avatar
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
That's why when i'm in High School, i'm taking spanish class so if Lex14's hack isn't in english to soon after the release, i could probably read it. XD

P.s. I'm trying to keep my sig. pretty short, but i still support every single amazing hack out there, GL to everyone
__________________




(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
  #24    
Old February 4th, 2008 (08:33 PM).
zel 2.0's Avatar
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Argentina
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Ah! What a surprise Xiros!

You decided to release an english version of Omega? Cool. Now everyone can enjoy it as much as a lot of people have already done (including me, of course)

I just wonder if the jokes haven't lost their "impact" with the translation. How are they, guys? (as that's the part that I most liked from the game)

Hopefully this will help you to putting even more effort in the hack, Xiros. Dont forget that I'm still waiting to see all the characters that will be appearing in the game
__________________


  #25    
Old February 4th, 2008 (08:36 PM).
Xiros's Avatar
Xiros
-Pokémon Omega Creator-
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uruguay
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Ah! What a surprise Xiros!

You decided to release an english version of Omega? Cool. Now everyone can enjoy it as much as a lot of people have already done (including me, of course)

I just wonder if the jokes haven't lost their "impact" with the translation. How are they, guys? (as that's the part that I most liked from the game)

Hopefully this will help you to putting even more effort in the hack, Xiros. Dont forget that I'm still waiting to see all the characters that will be appearing in the game ;)
Hey zel thanks for posting!
Well, i´m just starting to work on omega again, and i promise u that u will see those characters soon.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.