Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Closed Thread

Old November 12th, 2008 (7:55 AM).
Whoops.

I'll aswer my own question first.
How would your character/s react if a pack of Sentret with flamethrowers ran towards this/these said character/s at a ridiculous speed?

Radeem: "Trying to beat me with flamethrowers? Oh, come on!" and then she'd use one humongous fire blast (that would miss, intentionally of course) and watch the critters flee.
Ivysaur: "They're not going to fry me. They're Sentret, for crying out loud!" Soon after, he'd be suffering from several burns.
Cimi: She is often very sensible, but sometimes her curiousity takes the better of her. She would stall completely, stare at the pack of Sentret advancing towards her and mumble: "How in this world did they get those things? What are they?"
April: As I love Jack's mom, I'm going to include her reaction here. She'd go "Oh my gosh, how adorable sentrems!" and watch them go with a fascinated look on her face. Of course, she would not have the slightest idea about what the flamethrowers are, so you can't really blame her for that. Her son, however, the sensible little ten-year-old he is, would first out his attention into frowning at his mother mispronouncing Sentret and only after that he'd start running away.

Your character just won a Darwin Award. How did the stupid eff manage to do it?
I think the most likely to get the award would be Ivysaur, as he is insanely stubborn. He might get himself killed when trying to prove something he is absolutely sure about. Like, for example, that grass type Pokémon can, even when soaked in flammable liquids, beat fire type Pokémon (with all fire-powering gadgets availabl) any time. He is highly provokeable, so he'd probably even try to prove he can fly. He's a bit stupid like that. But hey, at least he has his pride.

Another character I can imagine getting the price is Cimi. She might even get one for the incident with the Sentret, described above. She wouldn't really deserve it, though, because she is stupid only occasionally and if she kets herself killed in some idiotic act, it's mostly an accident. She doesn't know what flamthrowers are, for example. Oh, well.

I look at this section several times a day, but that's for a reason: I always have my laptop on when I'm at home and I often do my school assignments with my laptop or by my laptop (not to mention all the other stuff I do with my laptop, and I read and play DS on my bed, which happens to also be the place my laptop is on...). So, whenever I get distracted, I take a peek.

Fanfiction:Mama's Boy|World Saviour Sora-chan (parody)|
One shots: The Elevator|Once in a Forest Fire|

I'm currently more reachable at The BBS.
You should come, too. We have cookies. No, seriously!

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 12th, 2008 (11:45 AM).
Trapped inside this Octavarium

Nature: Quiet
Well, I set PC as a home tab in my browser, so whenever I open my browser, PC is opened automatically. I usually open my browser once every other hour if I'm home because of problems my computer seems to have, so that's why I'm here so often.
I am returning once again (hopefully for good). I will be updating Affliction regularly and reviewing other people's fics every so often. If you would like to request a review, then please send me a PM.

My FFC entry for April 2008: My Endless Loneliness
My Discontinued, Chaptered FanFiction: The Fall of Light
My current chaptered FanFiction: Affliction
My Parody of Pure Awesomeness (requires some context to fully appreciate): Sir. Aaron - A Parody
Old November 13th, 2008 (4:22 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Team Leader

I broke my computer trying to play god.

=(

As for how often I check PC, a lot when I have the day off from work. Not a lot when I do work. But you people set the curtains on fire when I'm not here, and my tax money is not going to keep paying for those firefighters.
Old November 13th, 2008 (4:31 PM).
Peace & Goodwill
Gold Tier

Preposterous. We would never do such a thing. *hides matches*

Anyway, how were you trying to play god, exactly? And why did it involve your computer? And do I want to know?

sig art by かんな
Old November 13th, 2008 (5:14 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Team Leader

I was trying to extract some college-aged kid to move him to the Giant Ball o' Dirt because he looks like someone that I enjoy very very much.

No cookies for guessing. It should be obvious, depending on how well you know me. =P

I think I'll just go torture sims people. :)

My hamster just tried to commit suicide.

And you don't just need matches to set things on fire. I burned my thumb playing with a lighter and a leaf.

I'm randomly writing fanfiction as well. Oh-ho.
Old November 13th, 2008 (6:29 PM).
blastia//hearted «
Team LeaderCS

Nature: Timid
Mom, don't you know hamsters are suicidal? My womrat tried to die once. It wasn't pretty.

Quote:
Well, I set PC as a home tab in my browser, so whenever I open my browser, PC is opened automatically. I usually open my browser once every other hour if I'm home because of problems my computer seems to have, so that's why I'm here so often.
xD!

That's genius! Bad idea for me, though, in case my parents try to scope my laptop. :O So bad bad bad for meh.

Ohairdur ffl. :>

tiling my own grave to keep me level
super mod | paired to goku

Old November 13th, 2008 (7:24 PM).
Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmeargleSplatter View Post
Mom, don't you know hamsters are suicidal? My womrat tried to die once. It wasn't pretty.

xD!

That's genius! Bad idea for me, though, in case my parents try to scope my laptop. :O So bad bad bad for meh.

Ohairdur ffl. :>
I haven't seen you in here in quite a while, nice to see you again.
Old November 13th, 2008 (7:39 PM).
It's "I Come Anon"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmeargleSplatter View Post
I actually had a breech of cover situation about a week ago when my younger brother spotted me on this site (my laptop's out of commission.) Fortunately, I managed to convince him that I was only here as a troll. :D

My chapter fics:
Kanto: The Disputed Frontier - Indefinite hiatus // Gary Stu's Unpredictable Adventure - Complete // New: Digimon Campaign - 15 chapters posted out of 17

One-shots:
There's Always Tomorrow (SWC 2009) // A Matter of Stubbornness (SWC 2010) // Left by the Roadside
(SWC 2011 1st place) //
Giovanni Destroys the World and Everything in It (2012) // By What Right? (SWC 2013 1st place) // Back in the Day (SWC 2014 1st place) //
Dad's Old Gym (SWC 2016 2nd place)

Family (kind of?): Strange person who calls me strange names

If the pen is mightier than the sword, the keyboard is mightier than the ICBM.
Old November 13th, 2008 (8:06 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Team Leader

Now I'm reminded of all the times I would be in college with my laptop, hanging around this site. And I would be using a skin that had big giant Pokemon banner at the top and everyone on this site had their Pokemon avatars.

It was all right though, because I had no friends at college anyhow. Whoo.

And then there were the times that I played FireRed/Pearl in class. ;>>

zomg1 silver came back1
Old November 13th, 2008 (8:43 PM).
Peace & Goodwill
Gold Tier

Meh. I'm in college, and I'm on here all the time. If anyone has the audacity to care, I have a fine array of hardcover books to my right and a pair of rather sharp scissors in a drawer to my left that would be happy to take their complaints.

And about suicidal hamsters...somehow that isn't surprising. I've heard that they're rather fragile creatures when it comes to their minds. They literally can develop this condition called "wet tail" in which they are freaked out by so much stuff that they constantly pee themselves. It's life-threatening. Enough said.

sig art by かんな
Old November 13th, 2008 (9:04 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Team Leader

My hamster isn't scared by anything, nor is she a fragile creature. I once held my terrier dog up to her cage, and my hamster just punched my dog in the nose. That was the last time my dog went near the hamster.

My cat's just afraid of the rodent under general principle.

Hell, I'm afraid of the hamster. For the first few days of her life, she was kept in a cage with a hamster that bit every human hand that entered the cage. I think my hamster caught that attitude.

Which is why I call her "Grumpy". :D

Not to mention the time that she fell from the top shelf of my desk onto my desk, landed on her back, and then bit me when I went to check on her. Same with the time she fell off my dresser, a lawn chair, and a table. She's a bizarre little beast.

Quick question for everyone: Was it ever stated the exact amount of years that passed between Ho-Oh's creation of the Legendary Trio and present anime!-day? Or at least when Ash was wandering through Johto? My copy of that episode is buried so far in the closet, Andy's watching it. (Ba dum pish!)
Old November 13th, 2008 (9:12 PM).
Your aquatic overlord

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
Quick question for everyone: Was it ever stated the exact amount of years that passed between Ho-Oh's creation of the Legendary Trio and present anime!-day? Or at least when Ash was wandering through Johto? My copy of that episode is buried so far in the closet, Andy's watching it. (Ba dum pish!)
From memory, I think it was only stated as being a few hundred years ago.

*goes back to lurkdom*

Need some light reading?
Anima Ex Machina (Chapter 20 now available)
The Leaf Green Incident (SWC 2012 winner)
Braid (Creepypasta apparently)
Domain | Dreamwidth | Twitter
Old November 13th, 2008 (9:19 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Team Leader

Wait. Why are you lurking? Come back!

;_;

...Ahem. Thanks. =D So my "three hundred years" wouldn't be too horribly wrong.

(dearastinusneverdothatagainyousillysillyperson)

And now I can continue my fic.

... >> *goes back to reading wank reports*
Old November 13th, 2008 (10:01 PM).
Your aquatic overlord

Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
Quote:
Wait. Why are you lurking? Come back!
Because it's taking every ounce of willpower I have to resist inserting the line "Also, Augustine St. Clair was really hot." into my history paper.

But for you, sexy, I think I'll stick around for awhile. ;D

Quote:
And now I can continue my fic.

... >> *goes back to reading wank reports*
Yay!

Need some light reading?
Old November 13th, 2008 (10:16 PM). Edited November 13th, 2008 by txteclipse.
Peace & Goodwill
Gold Tier

Freaking writing. Gosh freaking darn this freaking writing. Freak. Fricking freak. Frickin frack frickity frick-frak. Fraksicles. Fricking frak freaking fudgetastic frakalicious freaksauce. Frickinfraksmackattackinrafflecrackstackedpackmacdaddyosnackshackgackwhatthefrack. I can't write. It simply will not occur. I want to smack my hard against something head.

...Head against something hard. Weeee~ *explodes and implodes simultaneously, so nothing happens*

Quote:
Not to mention the time that she fell from the top shelf of my desk onto my desk, landed on her back, and then bit me when I went to check on her.
Recursive topic answerment tyme!

Have you been bitten by anything before? If so, what?

I was bitten by a hamster once. It was running across my hands and then it suddenly decided to make a meal out of my finger. I almost dropped it four feet, the little jerk.

I've also been bitten by a dog and a lizard. Good times.

sig art by かんな
Old November 13th, 2008 (10:19 PM).
AdministratorPokéCommunity Daily Staff

Nature: Jolly
I've been bitten by a dog before... and a horse. >_<

I smell a topic!

Old November 13th, 2008 (10:26 PM).
Your aquatic overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by txteclipse View Post
Insects want to eat me. Mosquitoes and ants, mostly. The latter hurts like a mother.

Also, my goldfish have bitten me. Occasionally, I like to let them nip at me, but there was one time when I was leaning over (with my hand gripping the side of the tank) trying to siphon water out of a certain corner. All of a sudden, there's this dull pain in one of my fingers. I think it's just the cold water because it really did feel like the sensation you'd get if you stuck your hand in ice water for more than a minute. But then I look over towards my hand, and my goldfish zooms away from my finger, looking only vaguely guilty.

Goldfish are secretly evil. Those cute looks they get in their big, black eyes are mere covers for plots to enslave humanity.

Need some light reading?
Old November 13th, 2008 (10:26 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Team Leader

Hamsters, cats, dogs, and co-workers. Though I bit the co-workers first.

Quote:
But for you, sexy, I think I'll stick around for awhile. ;D
That's because you like it when I beg. ;3
Old November 13th, 2008 (10:29 PM).
Taunter

Nature: Lonely

Dogs, cats, spiders, bugs... My current cat, Mayling, enjoys biting my feet and hands a lot.

Got hit with a golf ball once and was almost hit again recently. I've given and received golf ball wounds-- not fun, at all.

-Taunter the Haunter
-(ゴースト Ghost)
-Team Wilhelm "Leader"
-Gas Pokémon
-5'03" & 0.2 lbs
-Lvl. 65
-And he talks?!
-"Hau hau! Why yes, your soul looks very delicious..."
Old November 13th, 2008 (10:30 PM).
Peace & Goodwill
Gold Tier

Quote:
Goldfish are secretly evil. Those cute looks they get in their big, black eyes are mere covers for plots to enslave humanity.
My goldfish loved me. He even tolerated me petting him on occasion. Then, after eight long years, he died on Christmas day. ;;

EDIT: I seem to be especially insane today. I apologize in advance for any past actions.

sig art by かんな
Old November 13th, 2008 (10:36 PM).

Cats, dogs, fish, hamsters, hippos. You know, the usual.

Anyway, I have decided to write yet another parody *gasp*. However, unlike my Sir Aaron parody of awesomeness, this one is going to focus on (drumroll) mod sticks/hammers/bazookas! There is one twist, however. I have decided that the best way to go about this is to use examples from this forum in my parody. The way I have chosen to go about this is to use pseudonyms for members here and incorporate them into the parody. Yes, that means that many of you will appear in my parody. However, some of you may not.

The reason I am posting this here is so that, should you wish to be excluded from this parody for any reason whatsoever, then you have the right to do so. So, if you do not want to be featured, then send me a PM saying so and I'll avoid using you in the parody. Before deciding, keep in mind that I am using pseudonyms, so no one will be directly named. Maybe an anagram or two, but no actual member names.

Note: I am not taking requests to add you to the parody. If I receive a PM that says "please add me in parody", then your chances of appearing will only become lower.

Also note: Astinus is exempt from either of these conditions.
I am returning once again (hopefully for good). I will be updating Affliction regularly and reviewing other people's fics every so often. If you would like to request a review, then please send me a PM.

My Parody of Pure Awesomeness (requires some context to fully appreciate): Sir. Aaron - A Parody
Old November 13th, 2008 (10:43 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Team Leader

plz ad me 2 paradie

kthnxby
Old November 13th, 2008 (10:44 PM).
Taunter

Nature: Lonely
Oooh, a PC parody? *eyes light up with impressednessnessness*

I has a question.
Have you ever been injured in a sport?

Hey, so long as we're speaking of things biting us...

-Taunter the Haunter
-(ゴースト Ghost)
-Team Wilhelm "Leader"
-Gas Pokémon
-5'03" & 0.2 lbs
-Lvl. 65
-And he talks?!
-"Hau hau! Why yes, your soul looks very delicious..."
Old November 13th, 2008 (10:49 PM).
Your aquatic overlord

Quote:
That's because you like it when I beg. ;3
Yeah, okay, I do. 8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by txteclipse View Post
My goldfish loved me. He even tolerated me petting him on occasion. Then, after eight long years, he died on Christmas day. ;;
Aww. *hugs* I know how that feels.

Although I think my fish just see me as "the hand that feeds us," "our slave who will bend to our every whim," or "shiny object."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Office Buddy View Post
Note: I am not taking requests to add you to the parody. If I receive a PM that says "please add me in parody", then your chances of appearing will only become lower.
Damn it. Astinus got to the reply I wanted to write before I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGexe View Post
Have you ever been injured in a sport?
No, but I have been injured as a spectator. Golf club to the head. Don't ask.

Need some light reading?
Old November 13th, 2008 (10:51 PM).

Lol, nice Astinus. Well, you really have no choice anyway. I doubt it will be hard for anyone to guess which character you are. Hmm, lets make a game of this. Once I post this parody, I think people should, in their reviews, try to guess which character portrays them/other members. I'm going to warn you, some will be easy and some will be hard. The better writers will probably be harder, and the weaker ones I pick on for subject matter will be easier.

Note: If you catch me stalking conversations, then it is more than likely for this parody. I want to capture personalities as best I can in this.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links