The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 21st, 2008, 12:50 AM
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
Wait, what's Ender's Game? Never heard of it.

-hides-
Old November 21st, 2008, 12:54 AM
Post Office Buddy
Trapped inside this Octavarium

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
You are now officially dead to me now.
I... but... you see... Umm, I think I'll go check it out later today when my library opens. That is, if they even have it... I might have to request it from another library and wait a week or two for it x.x
I am returning once again (hopefully for good). I will be updating Affliction regularly and reviewing other people's fics every so often. If you would like to request a review, then please send me a PM.

My FFC entry for April 2008: My Endless Loneliness
My Discontinued, Chaptered FanFiction: The Fall of Light
My current chaptered FanFiction: Affliction
My Parody of Pure Awesomeness (requires some context to fully appreciate): Sir. Aaron - A Parody
Old November 21st, 2008, 01:04 AM
Shining Armour
& Cadance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lakitu View Post
Wait, what's Ender's Game? Never heard of it.

-hides-
I've never heard of it either.

The movie theaters where packed for the movie tonight too.

Astinus: you have me twice on the orgy post.
Old November 21st, 2008, 01:08 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Summaries of the books are on the linked page.

Ender's Game is a book written by Orson Scott Card (1985), based on a short story that he wrote in 1976. (He wrote it at the circus.) It's in the science fiction genre.

Ender's Game and its sequels (Ender in Exile, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind), plus its companion novel Ender's Shadow and its sequels (Shadow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets, and Shadow of the Giant) have spawned a culture. People find a comfort in the characters who are ostracized for being intelligent and having that intelligence singled out by the teachers. Also, many times, teenagers who have never enjoyed reading read Ender's Game and then proceed to read the rest of Card's novels.

As long as I'm here, though: Wikipedia

In other fandoms and American culture, references to Card's work can be found. The Futurama movie Bender's Game shares a title, but not the plot, for example.

I don't want to push people to read it, so if you want to, go right ahead. If not, no big loss. I love them, of course. Since, you know...I worship Andrew Wiggin, and have done so for the past six years.

Yes, POB. It was a joke. I have many friends who wonder why the hell I wander around with the same book in my pocket all the time. So...perhaps I should have added a ":D" to my post?

Edit:
Quote:
Astinus: you have me twice on the orgy post.
It's because you changed your name and I completely forgot you used to be kc.

(Ugh. Do you know how difficult it is for me to edit posts? Darn you, Internet Explorer. D: )

Last edited by Astinus; November 21st, 2008 at 01:15 AM.
Old November 21st, 2008, 01:13 AM
Post Office Buddy

Quote:
Yes, POB. It was a joke. I have many friends who wonder why the hell I wander around with the same book in my pocket all the time. So...perhaps I should have added a ":D" to my post?
Lol, I knew it was a joke. I've been meaning to read it for a while though, but I always forget whenever I'm at my local library *proceeds to write "check out Ender's Game" on his arm.* Lol, kinda funny that these people were ostracized in the book and you jokingly ostracized me. Parrallels are funny like that XD
I am returning once again (hopefully for good). I will be updating Affliction regularly and reviewing other people's fics every so often. If you would like to request a review, then please send me a PM.

My Parody of Pure Awesomeness (requires some context to fully appreciate): Sir. Aaron - A Parody
Old November 21st, 2008, 01:18 AM
Shining Armour
& Cadance
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post

Edit:

It's because you changed your name and I completely forgot you used to be kc.

(Ugh. Do you know how difficult it is for me to edit posts? Darn you, Internet Explorer. D: )
*insert cookie cutter Firefox is better than IE here*

Opera is nice too, so is chrome.

I like them all, except IE.
Old November 21st, 2008, 01:21 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Office Buddy View Post
Lol, I knew it was a joke. I've been meaning to read it for a while though, but I always forget whenever I'm at my local library *proceeds to write "check out Ender's Game" on his arm.* Lol, kinda funny that these people were ostracized in the book and you jokingly ostracized me. Parrallels are funny like that XD
Beware, though. Your library might not have it.

And I'm covetting my six copies. *hisses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buoysel View Post
*insert cookie cutter Firefox is better than IE here*

Opera is nice too, so is chrome.

I like them all, except IE.
Actually, I have to use IE to be on the forums, because Firefox doesn't work. I can't edit my posts in Firefox, which is bad, because without the option to edit posts, I can't mod. At all.
Old November 21st, 2008, 01:26 AM
Ninja Caterpie

Now I know who Andrew Wiggin is!
Great!

EDIT: Holy smokes, Ninja'd by Astinus.

EDIT 2: OH SHNAPS! DOUBLE NINJAFIED! BUOYSEL AND POB!

Last edited by Ninja Caterpie; November 21st, 2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old November 21st, 2008, 01:26 AM
Shining Armour
& Cadance
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post

And I'm covetting my six copies. *hisses*

Actually, I have to use IE to be on the forums, because Firefox doesn't work. I can't edit my posts in Firefox, which is bad, because without the option to edit posts, I can't mod. At all.
Wow, than must really suck, I'm trully sorry to hear that.

Now to make fun of you for it.*shot*
Old November 21st, 2008, 01:27 AM
Post Office Buddy

Quote:
True, but my library is a part of a network of librarys throughout my state. So if my local library doesn't have one, then one in, say, Lansing or Holt might. All I need to do then is place a request on it and my library receives it in like 3-6 days. If nothing else, I live like a half hour away from a Scheullers and fifteen minutes from a Best Books. :D

Quote:
My computer won't let me open Firefox at all. I even tried a clean install and it still glitches up like crazy. I keep getting this error saying that the process is already running, which I know it's not because I check the damned processes. I even restart my computer, but to no avail. So that means that the process is both invisible and invincible. NOTHING CAN KILL IT! JUST LIKE DA TERMINATOR!

EDIT: Ninja'd by two people... AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! WHY MUST ALL THESE TRAINERS USE BARBOACHES WHEN I'M TRAINING MY ELECTRIKE?!?!?

Old November 21st, 2008, 01:33 AM
Ninja Caterpie

Quote:
EDIT: Ninja'd by two people... AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! WHY MUST ALL THESE TRAINERS USE BARBOACHES WHEN I'M TRAINING MY ELECTRIKE?!?!?
You mean we use Geodudes while you train Pikachu?
EPIC FAIL :D

Pikachu used Thundershock!
It's Super Effective!
But it missed!
It doesn't effect Geodude...
Geodude fainted!
Pikachu is poisoned by Effect Spore!
Old November 21st, 2008, 01:35 AM
Shining Armour
& Cadance
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lakitu View Post
You mean we use Geodudes while you train Pikachu?
EPIC FAIL :D

It's Super Effective!
But it missed!
Geodude fainted!
Are you on drugs? I know that this thread is random, but you just took the cake and ate it too.

EDIT: While on the subject of FireFox:

Last edited by Shining Armour; November 21st, 2008 at 01:44 AM.
Old November 21st, 2008, 01:37 AM
Post Office Buddy

Quote:
EPIC FAIL
OMG SOMEONE ELSE SAYS IT TOO!!!!! BUT IT SHOULD BE EPIC PHAILus!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
It's Super Effective!
But it missed!
Geodude fainted!
This here just made my day. And that day has only been four and a half hours long XD.

Old November 21st, 2008, 02:34 AM
Ninja Caterpie

Quote:
This here just made my day. And that day has only been four and a half hours long XD.
I made someone's day!!! OMG NO WAI!!
I must continue to rhyme. Or my life runs out of time!

Buoysel, I am not on drugs. I've just been eating leetol bugs.
There's no need to worry, guys! I want to say I like pies.

Dangit, I'm good at this thing. I should just keep on going.
That firefox picture made MY day. And it's been going long...Where's Bay?
Old November 21st, 2008, 04:09 AM
An-chan
Whoops.

Awww, you people... You've ninja'd each other so eagerly you've written several pages again. In one night. And I went to sleep real late. Do you actually wait that I go offline befre you start to go nuts?

Astinus: try Opera, then. The newest IE is starting to be usable, but otherwise they're just good for nothing. I use Opera and it works just fine. Then again, my Firefox works fine, too, so...

Xanthine: omgomgomg I'm so happy!!!!!!!!111 I luv u so much!!!!11

Dark Lakitu: HAH! I got 99/99 p from my book review! AND I'M NOT EVEN A NATIVE!!!!111 But then again, our standards might be a bit lower. Well, anyway, I only had two spelling/grammar mistakes in it and I didn't even lose points even though it was 200 words too long. Maybe my teacher didn't notice. I dunno.

I just saw literally the weirdest dream ever last night. In that dream, I somehow got teleported into some strange forest by a lake, where Astinus's younger brother found me and I found out Astinus actually lives in Belgium. And that there is a water tram line in Belgium that passes trough all the lakes, but it goes so near the summer houses built on the shores of the lakes that it kills several young children in a year by drowning them when they're swimming. Oh, and then there were some cereals and I got wet because I was swimming with my clothes on. Then this werid woman dressed me up in some weir costume because I couldn't use wet clothes. She gave me a Hello Kitty mug, too. The dream also had something about Hiroshima, but I don't want to remember that. I don't even know how it got from Belgium to Japan.

...So, who's insane, huh?

Fanfiction:Mama's Boy|World Saviour Sora-chan (parody)|
One shots: The Elevator|Once in a Forest Fire|

I'm currently more reachable at The BBS.
You should come, too. We have cookies. No, seriously!
Old November 21st, 2008, 08:47 AM
Shining Armour
& Cadance
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by An-chan View Post
Awww, you people... You've ninja'd each other so eagerly you've written several pages again. In one night. And I went to sleep real late. Do you actually wait that I go offline befre you start to go nuts?

Astinus: try Opera, then. The newest IE is starting to be usable, but otherwise they're just good for nothing. I use Opera and it works just fine. Then again, my Firefox works fine, too, so...

Xanthine: omgomgomg I'm so happy!!!!!!!!111 I luv u so much!!!!11

Dark Lakitu: HAH! I got 99/99 p from my book review! AND I'M NOT EVEN A NATIVE!!!!111 But then again, our standards might be a bit lower. Well, anyway, I only had two spelling/grammar mistakes in it and I didn't even lose points even though it was 200 words too long. Maybe my teacher didn't notice. I dunno.

I just saw literally the weirdest dream ever last night. In that dream, I somehow got teleported into some strange forest by a lake, where Astinus's younger brother found me and I found out Astinus actually lives in Belgium. And that there is a water tram line in Belgium that passes trough all the lakes, but it goes so near the summer houses built on the shores of the lakes that it kills several young children in a year by drowning them when they're swimming. Oh, and then there were some cereals and I got wet because I was swimming with my clothes on. Then this werid woman dressed me up in some weir costume because I couldn't use wet clothes. She gave me a Hello Kitty mug, too. The dream also had something about Hiroshima, but I don't want to remember that. I don't even know how it got from Belgium to Japan.

...So, who's insane, huh?
O.o

Insane dreams don't count. Now if you had actually did that, then yes.
Old November 21st, 2008, 10:04 AM
txteclipse
Zero
Community Supporter Tier 3

I am now a zombie fresh out of my Calculus test. And confound you all for posting so frakking much while I was away.

Quote:
*mumbles that he’ll shoot someone with his nonexistent gun if they say they’ve never played the original Myst before at least*
Who hasn't played Myst? *Sees hands raise all over the place*

*pulls out thermal detonator*

Seriously though, I actually want to do a crossover fic between all major video games with the plot of Kingdom Hearts as the base. How epic would that be? I mean good lord, Final Fantasy characters+Sonic+Mario+Spyro+Crash Bandicoot+Ratchet & Clank+Snake+Donkey Kong+Master Chief+Samus+Megaman+all other good guys vs. heartless/nobody Covenant, Sephiroth, Sigma, Cortex, Dark Master, Dr. Robotnik, Ridley, and lord knows how many others. It would be a three hundred thousand page masterpiece of epic and win!

Old November 21st, 2008, 01:04 PM
Bay Alexison
Not a Baygel

Nature: Sassy
You guys keep posting while I was either asleep or in classes. =O

I saw Jax and Astinus made Mystery Theater 3000. At first I thought "oh gods no, making fun of other fics," but then the rules say when you post a fic, it's your fic. I was then okay with it. ^^; I might put Destiny's Tricks in it later...now I have to go to class! =O

*goes off to my class *

[PC Fanfiction Index] [Nothing, Everything] [Quiet Admiration][The BBS] [MyAnimeList][Archive of Our Own][FFnet]
[Partner in Crime: Elite Overlord LeSabre™] [Cousin: Astinus] [Avatar: suspecting from LJ]
Old November 21st, 2008, 01:24 PM
Blue Screen of Death
Wait, what?

You guys need to stop posting while I'm in school! GAH! Whatever. I'm currently being crowded by my three annoying cousins who I babysit. And a cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txteclipse View Post

Who hasn't played Myst? *Sees hands raise all over the place*
I've played Myst. I was like seven, and I didn't make it past the second part though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txteclipse
Seriously though, I actually want to do a crossover fic between all major video games with the plot of Kingdom Hearts as the base. How epic would that be? I mean good lord, Final Fantasy characters+Sonic+Mario+Spyro+Crash Bandicoot+Ratchet & Clank+Snake+Donkey Kong+Master Chief+Samus+Megaman+all other good guys vs. heartless/nobody Covenant, Sephiroth, Sigma, Cortex, Dark Master, Dr. Robotnik, Ridley, and lord knows how many others. It would be a three hundred thousand page masterpiece of epic and win!
I'd write that. I'd so totally write that. Or read it. I'd so totally read that. Oh, and you forgot some random trainer in the good guys and Giovanni in the bad guys. Giovanni is definitely the best bad guy the pokemon series has ever had, right?
Old November 21st, 2008, 02:18 PM
txteclipse
Zero

*Sees Mystery Pokémon Theater and squeals like a fangirl*

Ow...my throat...but YES! That is the most awesome thing ever! Cool points +100 all around.

Old November 21st, 2008, 02:23 PM
Ninja Caterpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by txteclipse View Post
NIUUUU!!! That would be totally epic win. But you forgot Kirby. How could you forget Kirby? HOW???? HOOWWW????? 8D

What's Mystery blahaa Theatre? I don't even get it...
Old November 21st, 2008, 02:48 PM
txteclipse
Zero

Quote:
NIUUUU!!! That would be totally epic win. But you forgot Kirby. How could you forget Kirby? HOW???? HOOWWW????? 8D
If I had listed every single protagonist in every single video game ever made, I would have been here for days. I tagged some catch-alls on the ends of those lists, so hypothetically I did include Kirby.

Quote:
What's Mystery blahaa Theatre? I don't even get it...
Youtube "mystery science theater."

Old November 21st, 2008, 03:00 PM
Ninja Caterpie

Yeah...but Kirby belongs on the awesome list. I mean, he's better than DK, or whoever. You didn't even need to list EVERY protagonist, but only some major ones. AND KIRBY IS MAJOR. VERY MAJOR!!!
KIRBY IS IMPORTANTLY SPECIAL. HE PWNS EVERYONE!!!

Anyway, MST is...very, very strange. I dunno how you guys could replicate that with Pokémon FANFICTIONS, but that's okay. I want to see now.
Old November 21st, 2008, 08:18 PM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Nature: Lax
Ogod. If my fic weren't two chapters long, I'd submit it. XD *totally not chickening out*

My only regret is that I didn't think of this first!

And on that note, new questions:

In the PMD universe, presuming humans did at some point exist there... what exactly happened that got rid of them? And how long ago did it happen?

And...

Do multiple "Pokemon Worlds" exist in canon?

Alright, this one needs a little clarifying. What I'm looking for here is if the various mangas, anime, games, etc. are all different ways of looking at the same world, or whether each one is a world unto itself. Obviously the characters differ slightly in each one, but are the worlds the stories take place in different enough to be considered separate?

And finally...

Should ACC replace Astinus as mst3k host after the end of the next season?

I thought not. *sigh*

x x x x

Old November 21st, 2008, 08:38 PM
DGexe
Taunter

Nature: Lonely
In the PMD universe, presuming humans did at some point exist there... what exactly happened that got rid of them? And how long ago did it happen?

ALTHOUGH I have never played PMD, I want to give a half-assed, goofy answer.

... Yes, a catastrophic event from a bazillion eons ago wiped out the human race! You see, Dialga went Primal for a first time that no one really knows of except other super-special people... and it was the human race's fault. ONCE again, they were screwing with time (something about a "machine"), and Dialga went Primal and KEELED THEM DEAD.

BUT, in all seriousness...

Do multiple "Pokemon Worlds" exist in canon?

For the sake of my sanity, I always treat various parts of a fictional idea seperate, overall; I keep the games, Manga, and Anime seperate from each other when I look at them; although if I make a story that isn't heavy in Pokemon-world settings, I have a habit of taking certain elements from each one (such as the shrinking 'ball I remember from the anime) and fit them in where they make some form of sense.

I guess in a way, each canon is an alternate universe of the other canons that we know of. At least, that is how I look at such things.

-Taunter the Haunter
-(ゴースト Ghost)
-Team Wilhelm "Leader"
-Gas Pokémon
-5'03" & 0.2 lbs
-Lvl. 65
-And he talks?!
-"Hau hau! Why yes, your soul looks very delicious..."
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links