Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge
Reload this Page Fanfiction Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Closed Thread

Old December 10th, 2008 (02:01 PM).
Turtles > You

What's the climate like in your fanfiction world of Pokemon?

As of now, it's snowy in most regions, mainly the portion to the west of Mt. Coronet. But over in Sunyshore, it's sunny as ever. Kinda like a rainshadow is to the other side of a mountain.

If you could physically harm any of your characters, whom would it be and why?

Elite Academy - A Pokemon Academy fan-fiction by TurtleKing
Volume One | Volume Two
Old December 10th, 2008 (04:36 PM).
Your aquatic overlord

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
Uh, first off, I'd like to say I totally didn't ignore your return, DP. XD I'm glad you came back. I mean, ♥ to your quirky use of cars and mathematics. (Oh, super-awesome titles. It's a shame you never got to use those for anything. You still totally should, even if it ends up being completely irrelevant.)

Anyway...

Quote originally posted by TurtleKing:
If you could physically harm any of your characters, whom would it be and why? :)
Poor Bill has to suffer through my idea of fangirlism. He's been knocked unconscious with sleeping gas, operated on, clubbed in the head (multiple times), bitten by various creatures, shot at (or just shot), attacked by Pokémon, gotten into multiple accidents due to his own clumsiness, and died (but he got better). Most of that is just in AEM. And that's only by chapter seven.

And then, of course, there's all the people I've killed off in Midsummer Knights for kicks.

Generally, if I like the character, chances are, they're going to get beaten up pretty badly. Because I'm a sadist, I guess. (Although I've mentioned to people that I think some of them are cute when they squirm.)

Need some light reading?
Anima Ex Machina (Chapter 20 now available)
The Leaf Green Incident (SWC 2012 winner)
Braid (Creepypasta apparently)
Domain | Dreamwidth | Twitter
Old December 10th, 2008 (04:53 PM).
Across the eons...
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet

Probably Venin for being such a twisted freak. He models his social actions after Cacturnes, which like to stalk people for days, wear them out, and eventually kill them.
Old December 10th, 2008 (05:38 PM).
Taunter

Nature: Lonely

Quote:
Generally, if I like the character, chances are, they're going to get beaten up pretty badly. Because I'm a sadist, I guess. (Although I've mentioned to people that I think some of them are cute when they squirm.)
Aside from the "cute when they squirm", I agree with that statement. In fact... that's probably why Lauren and all her incarnations are the ones who are tortured and tormented physically so much by my sadistic authoress ways. :D

Ahem, but why Lauren? Well... I'd personally find it amusing, between her cursing every diety she could think of and her team attempting to humorously and failingly help her with her injuries... Ehehee.

-Taunter the Haunter
-(ゴースト Ghost)
-Team Wilhelm "Leader"
-Gas Pokémon
-5'03" & 0.2 lbs
-Lvl. 65
-And he talks?!
-"Hau hau! Why yes, your soul looks very delicious..."
Old December 11th, 2008 (12:27 AM).
Trapped inside this Octavarium

I would go with Professor Oak (The Fall of Light) on this one. He just seems to involved in everything to not get hurt *innocent smile* Maybe I just like to hurt all Professors, because I feel the same way about Professor Periwinkle (Affliction).
I am returning once again (hopefully for good). I will be updating Affliction regularly and reviewing other people's fics every so often. If you would like to request a review, then please send me a PM.

My FFC entry for April 2008: My Endless Loneliness
My Discontinued, Chaptered FanFiction: The Fall of Light
My current chaptered FanFiction: Affliction
My Parody of Pure Awesomeness (requires some context to fully appreciate): Sir. Aaron - A Parody
Old December 11th, 2008 (12:51 AM).
Sitting by the back window

Uh...well, I have this idea for an alternate ending to my OT journeyfic with armies, double-crossing double/triple/quadruple agents and weapons of mass destruction. In the normal ending, everyone is killed except the main guy who lost an arm a long time ago and in the alternate, alternate ending, everyone lives, but the main guy still has that missing arm... I just gave away the plot for my alternate-ending fic, didn't I?
Old December 11th, 2008 (01:06 AM).
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
hey everyone, please check out my Pokemon Coordinator Journeys, I fixxed it up a little added a new chapter and deleted the post that was spam

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old December 11th, 2008 (01:10 AM).

Quote originally posted by konekodemon:
hey everyone, please check out my Pokemon Coordinator Journeys, I fixxed it up a little added a new chapter and deleted the post that was spam
That's great and all, but if you post a new chapter in your fic then you should advertise it in the Fanfiction Announcement Thread rather than here.

Yet another question!

What sorts of technologies that don't exist in the real world are in your fictions? What purpose do they possess?
I am returning once again (hopefully for good). I will be updating Affliction regularly and reviewing other people's fics every so often. If you would like to request a review, then please send me a PM.

My Parody of Pure Awesomeness (requires some context to fully appreciate): Sir. Aaron - A Parody
Old December 11th, 2008 (01:34 AM).
Across the eons...
Gold Tier

What sorts of technologies that don't exist in the real world are in your fictions? What purpose do they possess?

Heh...whoa. Sure you want to know? List format time:

Ceiling panel lights that only illuminate the area directly around a person (saves energy).

Cloning and gene splicing of many species including humans (creating super-soldiers and such).

Bio-engineering to the extreme: use of living tissue to create tools and products (those ceiling panels use bio luminescent cells, for instance).

Energy weapons that derive their power from brainwaves (because it's the major scientific breakthrough of the future!).

Warp drives for getting around space quickly.

Lots and lots and lots of body mods (the optical interface recently integrated into Mewtwo's spinal cord is a prime example). These are for doing things that the body normally wouldn't be able to do, like linking the controls of a spaceship directly to the mind in Mewtwo's case.

Various mechs, space fighters, biological weapons, and improvements on existing technology, and much much more.
Old December 11th, 2008 (02:02 AM).

:D
Apart from all that tech and stuff already in canon, there is the ability to replace a human arm with a Beldum. And there's the option to tech it up and make it able to shoot st00f and use Metal Claw and stuff. Basically, a Cyborg Beldum arm. Then, there's whatnot. Uh...humdiddlydoodah. I can't really think of anything else, apart from scanning devices on Nintendo DS's and Pokedex features on those electronic doohickeys.
Old December 11th, 2008 (02:09 AM).
Crystal Tier

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Quote originally posted by Post Office Buddy:
That's great and all, but if you post a new chapter in your fic then you should advertise it in the Fanfiction Announcement Thread rather than here.

Yet another question!

Sorry I didn't know there was a Fanfiction Announcement Thread

Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old December 11th, 2008 (02:22 AM).

Where exactly is this fanfiction you want us to read?
Old December 11th, 2008 (02:46 AM).
I'M AN ANGRY SCIENTIST!!
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
Quote originally posted by Ninja Caterpie:
:D
Apart from all that tech and stuff already in canon, there is the ability to replace a human arm with a Beldum. And there's the option to tech it up and make it able to shoot st00f and use Metal Claw and stuff. Basically, a Cyborg Beldum arm. Then, there's whatnot. Uh...humdiddlydoodah. I can't really think of anything else, apart from scanning devices on Nintendo DS's and Pokedex features on those electronic doohickeys.
What I want to know is... what if the Beldum as a cyborg arm... evolves? O_O

*gets wonderful imagery into his head*

As for my fic, well, the ability to wipe one's memory through human technology via a Psychic Pokemon is one example, although I don't have too much going into the advanced-technology department for my fic, leastways not that much at least. Although if you count the contraption one travels about in in Colosseum - a vehicle with one wheel and a hovering component that actually works... :/
Old December 11th, 2008 (02:47 AM).
Crystal Tier

it is under Pokémon Fan Fiction & Poetry under the name of Pokemon Coordinator Journeys, just click on my profile and click to show all threads started by me and you should be able to find it

[/sig-reason]
Old December 11th, 2008 (04:12 AM).
Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky

The ability to store living creatures as energy, or data, aka, the Pokeball.

Witch got me thinking: If Pokemon could be stored as data, does that mean you could alter them using a computer program? (sounds like an interesting idea.) How much space do they take up? (bytes, MB's, GB's TB's?)
Old December 11th, 2008 (06:43 AM).
Your aquatic overlord

Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
Quote originally posted by Post Office Buddy:
A Midsummer Knight's Dream
Because this one takes place in the future, there's actually a list.

- PDAs are far more advanced than the ones carried around today, equipped with everything from voice recognition to video phone-like capabilities to item scanners. This is basically for the sake of the Masters.
- Super computers with actual, functioning AIs. Yes, this comes into play as well.
- There are actually cyborgs. One will be met soon.
- If it counts, detailed databases that index profiles of every citizen in the city. The database updates itself. Through advanced surveillance.
- There's the ability to synthesize drugs from Pokémon attacks.

Anima Ex Machina
Science fiction, so there's a few more examples of odd tech here.

- The Pokémon Storage System. (And, well, everything else that's canonical.)
- There's a special device that can determine not only stats but also type based on an analysis of sample tissue and subject performance on the field.
- Additionally, there's a nanomachine that can record information (not only the above but the things the subject senses -- sees, hears, feels -- and the psychological state the subject experiences) and transmit it over several hundred miles to a computer database for further analysis and distribution to several research institutes.
- Refined video conferencing technology.

Need some light reading?
Anima Ex Machina (Chapter 20 now available)
The Leaf Green Incident (SWC 2012 winner)
Braid (Creepypasta apparently)
Domain | Dreamwidth | Twitter
Old December 11th, 2008 (07:58 AM).
Taunter

Nature: Lonely

Usually the only foreign technology I have that isn't already canon is just altered something-something; for example, Lauren's Pokenav actually has Pokegear-esque calling capablities (along with other things that canonically, 'navs already possess). Although I haven't drawn up the plans yet, this means that it has a slightly layered layout. This is probably the result of possibly illegal tampering with an object... and knowing Lauren, she probably doesn't care too much about that. Ahem, but moving on...

I think that's about it; I can't really slip into the realm of original-canon-fics because... this question wasn't for those. ; Although I could go on and on and on and on about Exodus' vast foreign technologies...

-Taunter the Haunter
-(ゴースト Ghost)
-Team Wilhelm "Leader"
-Gas Pokémon
-5'03" & 0.2 lbs
-Lvl. 65
-And he talks?!
-"Hau hau! Why yes, your soul looks very delicious..."
Old December 11th, 2008 (01:21 PM).
Not a Baygel

Nature: Sassy
The only thing in "Nothing, Everything" is an updated version of the Pokemon Storage. I put a secure system where you have to put your name and password. Thought of that after thinking how you're able to get your Pokemon, items, mail, etc. in the storage. ^^

Current FF&W Challenges and Discussions
Flash Fiction Week #11
Genre of the week (Choose Your Own Adventure) and Do your research
2015 Writing Blitz Challenge(Coming soon!)

[The BBS] [MyAnimeList][Archive of Our Own][FFnet] [ Tumblr]
[Partner in Crime] [Cousin]
Old December 11th, 2008 (03:43 PM).
Classic Elegance
Gold Tier

Most likely Fred the Dog Master. He's probably the biggest jerk in the story. And he barks too much. WAY too much.

I wouldn't hurt Lisa, because she has the power of CUTE and the power of the '89 BUICK ESTATE WAGON on her side. Plus she'd be screaming bloody murder and complaining about it incessantly if she did get hurt, and my ears can't take that sort of abuse.

She also has an army of anthropomorphic Persians who drive armored 2004 LeSabres and run over things, specifically organized to combat Flamethrower-wielding Sentrets and Chanseys with chainsaws.

Serums that force Pokemon evolution and alter their brains so they become really ticked-off killing machines. Also, a device to created haxed Shadow Pokemon. All are designed to crush the opposition and create a new world order.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old December 11th, 2008 (09:38 PM).

None of my fics have really showed any special technologies, and I have few plans for those in The Fall of Light but several for Affliction. Pretty much everything in Mewtwo's lab are the only things that don't exist in the real world. Things for human use are pretty much the same aside from the canon Pokeballs and Storage Machines. The Pokemon Regenerator is different than canon, though, in that it has a limited success rate.

Old December 11th, 2008 (10:46 PM).

Quote originally posted by bobandbill:
What I want to know is... what if the Beldum as a cyborg arm... evolves?
Then I use the very helpful (and otherwise un-used) fact that Beldum requires another Beldum to evolve. That, or Beldum isn't alive. :\

Quote originally posted by Buoysel:
Witch got me thinking: If Pokemon could be stored as data, does that mean you could alter them using a computer program? (sounds like an interesting idea.) How much space do they take up? (bytes, MB's, GB's TB's?)
I finally worked out how to hack Pokemon in the real Pokemon world
They take many, many yottabytes, my friend, yottabytes.

Quote originally posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™:
specifically organized to combat Flamethrower-wielding Sentrets and Chanseys with chainsaws.
Aha! That means, however, that they are not prepared to take on my awesome, stealthy army of Ninja Caterpies! Even if you are though, I'll just disintegrate them all with Ninja Blast.
Old December 12th, 2008 (06:48 AM).
Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Ninja Caterpie:

I finally worked out how to hack Pokemon in the real Pokemon world
They take many, many yottabytes, my friend, yottabytes.
Yottabytes? Did you get that off of Star Wars?

XD

May the aura force is with you.
Old December 12th, 2008 (12:36 PM).
Enter The Slasher House

Apart from the people who I've already harmed (Professor Oak getting shot in the head from point blank range and Dominique Kehoe getting Thundershocked in the face), I'd love to have Noah brutally beaten. Probably because he's the sort of character who would lose all of his confidence and have a mental breakdown if he was beaten up.

And we all love writing about mental breakdowns, right?
Old December 12th, 2008 (01:01 PM).
Wait, what?

It would probably be Samuel. The guy is made of metal so I just want to know if he would dent and stay dented.

Nothing much, just a few experimental technologies. Like being able to turn a metal coat into something usable on humans. Also, pokeballs are somewhat advanced.
Old December 12th, 2008 (02:53 PM).

Quote originally posted by Buoysel:
Yottabytes? Did you get that off of Star Wars?

XD

May the aura force is with you.
No... I got it off my school newsletter when there was something about a guy who spent his holiday winning an Informatics competition with "How can we send yottabytes across optical fibres?". :\

Sponsored Links