Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge
Reload this Page Fanfiction Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Closed Thread

Old August 23rd, 2009 (12:02 AM).
Clain
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by solovino:
Weirdness has kicked in... the sig was CSS-tested long ago and I even took advantage of a small detail in the CSS spec to make sure it wouldn't flow off-limits. If cleaning your cache doesn't help, then someone has been messing around with the code of the PC forum system... or worse, you're using IE.
Using firefox and haven't done anything recently, and it looks normal and fine as usual.
Old August 23rd, 2009 (12:19 AM).
Remember NovEnder

solovino's sig looks fine to me as well. I'm using Firefox, and I don't believe that anything has been screwed around with involving PC.

What is your favourite region in the Pokemon Universe to write in? Or do you come up with an entirely new non-canon region or city?
Johto and the Orange Islands. I lean more toward the Orange Islands though, only because of how little they are seen in fics.
Old August 23rd, 2009 (12:22 AM).

Send a message via AIM to Redstar Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Redstar
Quote originally posted by Astinus:
solovino's sig looks fine to me as well. I'm using Firefox, and I don't believe that anything has been screwed around with involving PC.

What is your favourite region in the Pokemon Universe to write in? Or do you come up with an entirely new non-canon region or city?
Johto and the Orange Islands. I lean more toward the Orange Islands though, only because of how little they are seen in fics.
Gonna have to agree here.

Favorite in-game region is Johto, due to the heavy rustic feel, and favorite anime-region is the Orange Islands.

I'll have to write something Orange Island-based now. Thanks. =D
Old August 23rd, 2009 (05:48 AM).
what's your sign?

I always find my stories set in Sinnoh - intentionally or not - so that's probably my favorite region to write in (and favorite region overall, hee hee). The Orange Islands seem like a great source of making up interesting ideas, though, mostly because there's so many of them and only a few have been looked into in detail. Of course, fan-made regions aren't too bad either...

Also, Solovino's sig is a bit off-center, but otherwise just fine.
Old August 23rd, 2009 (07:13 AM).
Bass, Bass Everywhere!

Nature: Calm
I say Hoenn because I played the gen3 games the most. My current fic is set in a modernized Hoenn with Highways and Airports. Also, sometimes I add non-canon movie-only cities into my fic. I'm planning on doing it soon.

Quote:
Also, Solovino's sig is a bit off-center, but otherwise just fine.
Agreed. It's a bit off centre than usual.
his heart..." - Cutlerine
---

.F a n f i c t i o N.
The Promise I Made to You

SWC 2012 Second Place
Old August 23rd, 2009 (08:33 AM).
The Dreamer

Nature: Relaxed
I’m not really sure what my favorite region is since I’ve only ever written in Kanto. However, my favorite region is play in is Hoenn (probably because it has such diversity and all that water). I’ve played with the idea of coming up with an entirely new region, but it never really gets off the drawing board because I’d never use it.
Old August 23rd, 2009 (09:54 AM).
RAWR~❤

Nature: Timid
My sig...
Really, people? I don't see how it should look different than yesterday, or one week ago, because I've changed nothing... except my theme...

Anyways, thanks all of you for letting me know.

Also, FFL is so last week, SWC is the new FFL! :D
Elusive Goals | Sixth | Playfield
RP
Silent @ We Are All Pokémon Trainers
Articles
Nidoran Line, Lileep Line, Latii and others @ Project PEFE
My Claims
All pending revision

OTHER STUFF
Banner: “Playfield” by Hydro_King@Serebii.
Pokéteca Librarian — Researcher for The Pokédex Extended Fanon Edition
Old August 23rd, 2009 (10:02 AM).
Bass, Bass Everywhere!

Nature: Calm
My sig...
Really, people? I don't see how it should look different than yesterday, or one week ago, because I've changed nothing... except my theme...

Anyways, thanks all of you for letting me know.

Too bad it wont last. >.>

On another note, I'm progressing rather nicely with my story.
his heart..." - Cutlerine
---

.F a n f i c t i o N.
The Promise I Made to You

SWC 2012 Second Place
Old August 23rd, 2009 (10:14 AM).
Clain
Platinum Tier

It might be that we might not get the results until next week, assuming I read Gummy's words right.

I hope it is soon though XD
Old August 23rd, 2009 (10:19 AM).
Not a Baygel
Moderator,

Nature: Sassy
Careful, Astinus already warned you guys about that. I was actually about to warn you guys about the off topic-ness, but I'm afraid I would be mini-modding. ; That, and I was very sleepy, so yeah. ;

And dang it solovino, I said I don't want to do that bet! ;

Well, I thought the results have to come quickly after the Get Together event is over, so I did an all nighter doing reviews. ; Out of the entries turned in so far, I got one more to do, but he said he might turn in an edited version later, so I'm not going to review that one yet.

The defense is ready, Your Honor!

Flash Fiction Week #27 | PC's DeviantArt Group | The BBS | FFnet | AO3
Old August 23rd, 2009 (11:07 AM). Edited August 23rd, 2009 by An-chan.
Whoops.

I've said this a dozen times, but I usually write in my made-up region of Voitto (which is a Finnish pun of Johto, Johto meaning "the lead" in Finnish, while Voitto means "victory"). I like being able to come up with my own folklore and culture, although much of the culture has been inherited from the other regions, seeing as how Voitto is a region full of immigrants.

That said, one of my stories does take place in Sinnoh, so I guess that's my favourite, then. I'm most familiar with Sinnoh, since I haven't played other games than Diamond much. I have the Japanese version of Crystal, but I can't play it right now because I have to study English and Japanese destroys my English skills. I don't really know why, but that's just what happens. So, yeah.

Fanfiction:Mama's Boy|World Saviour Sora-chan (parody)|
One shots: The Elevator|Once in a Forest Fire|

I'm currently more reachable at The BBS.
You should come, too. We have cookies. No, seriously!
Old August 23rd, 2009 (11:19 AM).
#1 Yancy fan
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
Solovino's sig. I often see CSS sigs floating, probably cos guess what? I'm using IE! =P And proud of it.
Old August 23rd, 2009 (02:13 PM).
Haz ya seen my hack?

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Yahoo to Haz

I know Kanto the best as well as Johto so that's ussually what I write about.

Fanfiction.net: Ha-Za-A

Credits to Galukxy for this awesome banner
Old August 23rd, 2009 (02:25 PM).
Nephrotoxic.
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Citrinin
I invented my own region, Torcra. It gives me plenty of control over which Pokémon are there, where the various places are, et cetera.

Quote originally posted by Sparkles:
I often see CSS sigs floating, probably cos guess what? I'm using IE! =P And proud of it. ^_^
>:|
Old August 23rd, 2009 (02:33 PM).

Send a message via AIM to Redstar Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Redstar
I like writing under the in-game Kanto and Johto. The two areas aren't as drawn up as in the anime or the adaptations, but I feel that gives me more room to be creative... I can stick to being canon, as well as use the various holes in the plot to go in new directions.

Though Guyana isn't featured in the games, it is still featured as a place in my main fic (and my entry for the contest). I also take a lot of inspiration from the Pokemon Special manga, as well as the Electric Tale of Pikachu. They all have something to offer in bringing to life a region.
Old August 23rd, 2009 (04:03 PM).
staaaaay fresh!
Super Moderator, CS

Nature: Timid

Even though none of my fics have taken place there, I'd say Johto. I haven't written for it yet, but I've had a fic/oneshot planned for nearly two years that takes place there. I'm still stringing things together on it so that it will flow with how things were in the mid 1800's. I'd really like to have JaB finished before delving into that one, though, so I don't even know if this one will ever see the light of Word.

trade | challenges | vgm | klippy
Old August 23rd, 2009 (11:49 PM).
Haz ya seen my hack?

Okay, since I'm bored and since I've been coming here more, I've decided its time for a topic change. Probably a lame one but oh well.

Do you try and make the bad guys as evil as possible or do you stick to the cliched "bad guys always lose, goodies win" thing?

My current fic has probably the most evil charecter I've ever made. Her name is Sarah and she's a psycho but she is an intelligent person who can twist anyone around her finger. You can't get anymore evil by kidnapping your ex-boyfriend, mudering them by shooting them multiple time in the body with your partner watching, then blowing thier brains out, decapiting them and finally, eating thier flesh and drinking thier blood. See my sig for more detail.

Old August 24th, 2009 (12:02 AM).
Across the eons...
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
Do you try and make the bad guys as evil as possible or do you stick to the cliched "bad guys always lose, goodies win" thing?

I have a fairly large spectrum of characters, ranging from literally angelic to literally demonic. So yeah, I do have some bad guys that I try to make as evil as possible. And both sides have their fair share of winning and losing, although I lean towards the bad guys winning more often. It's just that they're generally more powerful and don't have the moral restrictions that the protagonists impose upon themselves.

art by かんな
Old August 24th, 2009 (12:15 AM).

I may get some disagreements with me on this, but I don't believe in evil. We as humans have come very, very close to evil many times in our history but I can't find it within me to believe in "evil". Those people are just insane.

I do feel rapists and child-molestors are evil, and the only kind of evil humans can come close to. (Personal history of rape and molestation in my family/ex-girlfriend). But I've yet to write a rapist/child-molestor (except that one time), so they're excluded.

When it comes to the antagonists in my stories, they're generally also the protagonist. Most of my stories have the main character actively working against themselves in a struggle to both overcome emotional/mental hardships as well as hold themselves back. When I do write an antagonist that is separate from the protagonist, they're usually also very much human-beings and have issues of their own... They must overcome their own hardships and the story ends when both the protagonist and antagonist come to terms with themselves and and stop the fighting. I believe in redemption, and I always give my characters that chance.
Old August 24th, 2009 (02:02 AM).
Remember NovEnder

I blur the lines between who's good and who's bad. For instance, in one of the fics that I'm writing now, the "bad guy" isn't really the "bad guy", but just confused. He sees himself as doing good, and isn't fully sure on how to achieve his goals unless he does "bad" things.
Old August 24th, 2009 (02:14 AM).
Nephrotoxic.
Crystal Tier

I like to make my bad guys interesting. My fic is packed full of antagonists, so I have room to explore and experiment. One of them truly is a sadist with no cause, but she puts on an affectionate exterior for everyone to see. Another believes so strongly in hierarchy that he genuinely believes that people below him are worthless, to the point where he sees no distinction between kicking a rock and kicking a subordinate. Another is paranoid and reclusive, hating herself for being so afraid, which causes her to project this hatred onto others. The list goes on.

As for my central ones, I have two. The first is, at the moment, half a protagonist, with the antagonist side being a pretty clear cut Well Intentioned Extremist. It'll get far more blurred with this character as the story progresses. The other central antagonist is clearly cruel, simply as a result of his selfishness: he will do anything to get what he wants. However, this character will also get more blurred as the story progresses.

:>
Old August 24th, 2009 (02:16 AM).
Across the eons...
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
The Get-Together competition is quite wonderful. I loaded up on crackers with cranberry sauce and brie a few hours ago, and now I'm quite comfortably typing away in bed at 3:11 in the morning. I don't have to work until four tomorrow, so tonight is dedicated to my contest entry. I think this is the most I've written continuously for the past six months or more, and it's great.

On that note, have you ever written anything that made you cry?

I think I did once, but it was really late and I was probably a bit lucid at that point. I'm asking because I might manage to do it to myself again tonight, and I'm hoping I'm not the biggest softie here.

art by かんな
Old August 24th, 2009 (02:20 AM).
Nephrotoxic.
Crystal Tier

Have you ever written anything that made you cry?
No. I'm terrible at that stuff. XD;
Old August 24th, 2009 (02:49 AM).
Trying to change my life, brb~
Gold Tier

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Caliban
Have you ever written anything that made you cry?

Yep. My pet lamb was dying, and I started typing. And crying. I still can't bring myself to look at that file... It saddens me. Maybe in ten years? :-(

Quote:
Solovino's sig
Quote:
. I often see CSS sigs floating, probably cos guess what? I'm using IE! =P And proud of it.
In that case you shouldn't be complaining. Even though IE is your "God", your "Drug" and your first love, it's still crap.

Anyone here go to a school/high school/uni/college/whatever with a campus cop?
I'm doing a debate on whether our school should have one tomorrow, and I can find surprisingly little.

- Pich_u
Old August 24th, 2009 (03:44 AM).
Haz ya seen my hack?

Quote originally posted by Valentine:
In other words, if you want non-kiddie stuff, have you tried the R rating? It's a lovely place. We have chainsaws.
Best quote ever, I wanna have that in my sig :P.

Anyway, this place needs love, and a topic so I propose one that was one similar to the earlier conversation between Valentine and Aurincha.

Do you pefer mature fanfics (leaning towards MA rating) or the kiddie like ones (G rated).

Being older, I really do pefer the M, MA and R fan fics. HOWEVER, I don't read anything that's extremly sexual in context, a few kisses is fine and maybe a make-out session in bed but that's how far I go. I don't mind the occassional F-Word or the occassional decaption and that's all fine.

If you want to see how far I go, look at my fic.

P.S: Can A mode change my fan-fic title to say Blood of the Animals: Rated R ?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)