Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Reload this Page [Tool] Swampert Tools Showcase

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 23rd, 2009 (07:31 AM).
Is making tools for you...
Silver Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by miksy91:
Hey could you give a link to that tabctl32.ocx
My computer needs it to run TmMaster and I can't find it anywhere.
No problem! I did a quick Google search and found it quite easily. The reason you need it is because I used the add on Microsoft Tab component, which corresponds to tabctl32.ocx

Here is the link:

http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-files_new.php/ocxfiles/T/TABCTL32.OCX/6.01.9782/download.html

Just download it and place in the folder with TMMaster GSC and it should be fine. If that fails try putting a copy in C:/Windows/System32

This will probably be a problem for many people so I am going to include it in the ZIP file with the program itself.

EDIT: If there are any more .ocx's you need post here and let me know so I can add them into the ZIP...

Hope this works for you!

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage
Old January 23rd, 2009 (08:08 AM). Edited January 23rd, 2009 by Mateo.
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Ragurāji-san:
Right, here is the update Download.

Please try it now and let me know how you get on. I would have updated it last night if PokéCommunity hadn't crashed again!:D
I'm downloading it now, I'll test it out as soon as I get out of class and let you know :D

EDIT: Went ahead and tested it out since I'm in the back of the room. It appears to work perfectly :D Thanks for fixing the bug so quickly and for making awesome tools like this!

"Haha! The fun has been doubled!" - Princess Luna
Old January 23rd, 2009 (08:23 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Mateo:
I'm downloading it now, I'll test it out as soon as I get out of class and let you know :D

EDIT: Went ahead and tested it out since I'm in the back of the room. It appears to work perfectly :D Thanks for fixing the bug so quickly and for making awesome tools like this!
Awesome. Glad we got that cleared up! I knew there would be something that went wrong, there usually is. It should make hacking this part of the game TONs easier than before, as before it involved binary conversion working it out on a bit of paper or whatever. This does it all for you! Good luck with your hack and GET BACK TO WORK:D

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Old January 23rd, 2009 (08:27 AM).
Johto Region Champion

Haha, thanks, and I will. Back to taking notes about World Politics. Good luck with your tool making, and if I find anything else that goes haywire I'll be happy to point it out so it can be fixed as well.

Old January 23rd, 2009 (08:30 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Mateo:
Haha, thanks, and I will. Back to taking notes about World Politics. Good luck with your tool making, and if I find anything else that goes haywire I'll be happy to point it out so it can be fixed as well.
Sound fun That'll be great if you can do that, I credited you in the program anyway, so you can be my official error-checker:D

Old January 23rd, 2009 (08:33 AM).
Johto Region Champion

*Rolls dice to attack Alaska from Kamchatka* ~Mateo has captured North America!~(Anyone who plays Risk will get that xD)

Hey, sounds great :)

Old January 23rd, 2009 (08:54 AM).

when i try to open tmmaster or itemed it says this:
Component 'MSCOMT2.OCX' or one of its dependenciesnot correctly registered: a file missing or invalid

all the other tools work fine
Old January 23rd, 2009 (09:24 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by bumbam:
when i try to open tmmaster or itemed it says this:
Component 'MSCOMT2.OCX' or one of its dependenciesnot correctly registered: a file missing or invalid

all the other tools work fine
Oaky doaky. I know why, it's because I used a control that you have to manually add in VB6. Same as the tabbed control, an up and down button requires it's library.

http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-files_new.php/ocxfiles/M/MSCOMCT2.OCX/6.00.88046/download.html

Download this and place it in the folder with TMMaster GSC and ItemEd GSC, aswell as tabctl32.ocx for TMMaster GSC, (link in an above post). Then your problems should be solved.

These are the only non standard controls I have ever used, (I think), so the two ocx files shall be included in the ZIP. It'll make the download shoot up though... 532KB. However will we cope...:D

EDIT: Here is the link for the program and .ocx files all in one zip Download.

Old January 23rd, 2009 (09:38 AM).

Thank you very much!!

it works and its even more awesomer than i thought

and may i suggest a pokemon name or attack name editor??
Old January 23rd, 2009 (09:51 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by bumbam:
Thank you very much!!

it works and its even more awesomer than i thought

and may i suggest a pokemon name or attack name editor??
Haha glad you like it. Of course you can suggest that, whether I make it or not is a different matter! Seriously though, I shall look into it!:D

Old January 23rd, 2009 (11:23 AM).

the attack name would be more useful i think and i thought about item name edit too
Old January 27th, 2009 (07:40 AM).
Sw3den H4ck3r ;d

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to zlayer200
i dont know but when i try to open the files (same error to all)
it says: "Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registrered: a file is missing or invalid"

what should i do? please help

Old January 28th, 2009 (08:16 AM).
Johto Region Champion

You can google that file, or you can install the VB6 runtimes

Old January 29th, 2009 (03:20 PM).

Nature: Adamant
Hi there,great tools,Ive found them very useful and very easy to use

I was wondering,is there any chance you may programs a tool for GSC that changes how Pokemon evolve> I'm trying to find one for some long time,but with no success... I think I'm not the only one who can use this for his hack...
Old January 29th, 2009 (04:02 PM). Edited January 29th, 2009 by IIMarckus.
J946@5488AA97464

Quote originally posted by EkshtrimSama:
Hi there,great tools,Ive found them very useful and very easy to use

I was wondering,is there any chance you may programs a tool for GSC that changes how Pokemon evolve> I'm trying to find one for some long time,but with no success... I think I'm not the only one who can use this for his hack...
Creating a tool for this would be unwise unless it could repoint data, either automatically or by prompt. Otherwise the tool would likely be unusable, as evolutions do not consist of a constant number of bytes—some are three, some are four. In addition, they are intermixed with move/level learning data.

If a tool like this were made which supported repointing, it would be able to avoid the above problems and allow dynamic changing of the number of evolutions, not just what they are. This would be extremely useful, but I don’t know if any of Swampert’s tools support repointing (having never used them).

In the meantime, you can edit evolutions in hex.

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old January 29th, 2009 (04:09 PM).
Back for now.

Nature: Relaxed
Hmm, that sounds pretty good. If you could repoint all of that data, like IIMarkus said, you could just add any number of evolutions to a Pokemon! Well, not any number, but you get what I mean. That would come pretty handy in the hack I'm working on.
Old January 29th, 2009 (04:36 PM).

Quote originally posted by IIMarckus:
Creating a tool for this would be unwise unless it could repoint data, either automatically or by prompt. Otherwise the tool would likely be unusable, as evolutions do not consist of a constant number of bytes—some are three, some are four. In addition, they are intermixed with move/level learning data.

If a tool like this were made which supported repointing, it would be able to avoid the above problems and allow dynamic changing of the number of evolutions, not just what they are. This would be extremely useful, but I don’t know if any of Swampert’s tools support repointing (having never used them).

In the meantime, you can edit evolutions in hex.
I see.. But is it possible to manually change using Hex Editor using the method you showed in the link? Finding the Pokemon Data,and then changing how I want,lets say,instead of Gravaler evolving by trade,he evolves at level 30?
Old January 29th, 2009 (04:53 PM).
Cold's catch rate- 100%. D:

Location: In a certain place in my mind I like to call "the creative part".
That Telephang Pokemon Editor kicks butt! >:D
Old January 29th, 2009 (05:06 PM). Edited January 29th, 2009 by IIMarckus.
J946@5488AA97464

I see.. But is it possible to manually change using Hex Editor using the method you showed in the link? Finding the Pokemon Data,and then changing how I want,lets say,instead of Gravaler evolving by trade,he evolves at level 30?
Yes, you can edit evolutions this way. Check out posts 7501–7515 in the Simple Questions thread.

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old January 29th, 2009 (05:21 PM).

Yes, you can edit evolutions this way. Check out posts 1701–1715 in the Simple Questions thread.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2702626&postcount=1701
Can't seem to find anything related about evolutions @ 1701-1705
btw,can you recommend a Hex Editor to use with Crystal?
Old January 29th, 2009 (05:26 PM).
J946@5488AA97464

My bad, I meant 7501–7515.

Most hex editors will work. I tend to use Windhex, but feel free to try others to see if they better suit your needs.

Old January 29th, 2009 (05:41 PM).

My bad, I meant 7501–7515.

Most hex editors will work. I tend to use Windhex, but feel free to try others to see if they better suit your needs.
Oh,thanks Im really startitng to get the hang of it
One last question (I hope :P)how can I find Crystal's Pokemon offsets? such as 0427A7 for Bulbasaur etc
And about evolving via level up,how is the level determined? Ive seen 10=16 and 20=32
Old January 29th, 2009 (06:02 PM).
J946@5488AA97464

how can I find Crystal's Pokemon offsets? such as 0427A7 for Bulbasaur etc
0429B3 starts Bulbasaur’s evolution data. After that is Bulbasaur’s learned move data, then Ivysaur’s evolution data, then Ivysaur’s moves, and so on.

If you already know how a Pokémon evolves, you could search for the bytes to find it rather than go sequentially through each monster before it. For instance, Seadra evolves by trading with the Dragon Scale into Kingdra, so to find the offset of Seadra’s evolution data you could simply search for 03 97 E6 00.
And about evolving via level up,how is the level determined? Ive seen 10=16 and 20=32
The numbers are in hexadecimal. The Windows calculator (Start → Programs → Accessories → Calculator) can convert between hexadecimal and decimal when in scientific mode.

Old January 30th, 2009 (05:43 AM). Edited January 30th, 2009 by EkshtrimSama.

0429B3 starts Bulbasaur’s evolution data. After that is Bulbasaur’s learned move data, then Ivysaur’s evolution data, then Ivysaur’s moves, and so on.

If you already know how a Pokémon evolves, you could search for the bytes to find it rather than go sequentially through each monster before it. For instance, Seadra evolves by trading with the Dragon Scale into Kingdra, so to find the offset of Seadra’s evolution data you could simply search for 03 97 E6 00.The numbers are in hexadecimal. The Windows calculator (Start → Programs → Accessories → Calculator) can convert between hexadecimal and decimal when in scientific mode.
Thanks alot! You really helped me there
So,if Im doing this right I should find Gravaler like this
Search> 03 FF 4C 00 ?
And change to
01 1A 4C 00 (To evolve by level 26)
Old January 30th, 2009 (06:37 AM).
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Hey Swampert do you know how to edit abilities?

Sponsored Links