The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 4th, 2009, 03:41 AM
curtiss375
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
nice tools but i got a question do u have any platinum hacking tools at the moment
Old May 8th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Parispanic
Beginning Trainer

I'm real new to hacking, so I thought this would be a good place to asks since it's about the tools here.

So, basically I want to make a game where Mew is your starter. I'm not releasing it since it's such a minuscule aspect, but I can't get it to work.

I tried to use the a-starter one, the simple pop up box and every time I try to save it reverts to mewtwo.

I also used advance map, made every slot in the wild pokemon modifier in route 1 besides the first two mew, and all I get still is rattata and pidgey.

Also, I'm trying to make it a challenge by getting rid of all pokeballs besides the first five you get. I tried using advance map to delete the events but I realize that I don't know if any of the hidden items show up on advance map. Is there another way find them?

Also, I realize that certain pokemon can learn certain TMs. Is it simply that it's TM so and so or is it the move it contains? Would giving squirtle the TM that's waterpulse but instead it's fire punch possible?

Thanks to anyone who answers, and sorry if I posted in the wrong forum.
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:40 PM
yomamathecableguy
Has a lot of projects going on

Nature: Adamant
bump for a great friend

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:08 PM
pokerus34
You think you're better? X(

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to pokerus34 Send a message via Yahoo to pokerus34 Send a message via Skype™ to pokerus34
Cool and useful! Almost all of the tools needed to make a hack are here!

Very useful indeed!
Old May 20th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Swampert 22
Is making tools for you...

Nature: Brave
Thanks for all the comments guys

Just to let my loyal fans know, (if there are any) I plan to be get back into programming at the end of June, when I finish my exams.

I plan to try and learn some more complicated language to make my tools more effective and less buggy:D The likelihood in this economic climate is that I won't be able to get extra work so this will have to occupy my time!

Keep Hacking,

Swampert:D

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage
Old May 23rd, 2009, 01:32 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
I can't get the MartEd GBC to work with hacks hacked off of Crystal, when I play it on VBA, it keeps on cutting off when I go to buy the items.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:02 PM
Primal_Dialga
Random act of kindness~

wow nice this will come in handy thanks!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

|Call of Duty: 2.04|Pokemon Platnium 0 wins 2 looses(wi-fi currently down)|

Old May 31st, 2009, 11:17 PM
Joceph
ギラティナ

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Joceph
handy? handy? dude this will be useful as bro now that i found out how to use it thanks for the great tool m8 ya know what greater than great

Last edited by Joceph; June 1st, 2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old June 1st, 2009, 02:26 AM
Master Terrador
Welcome to the Underworld!

Nature: Quiet
Hm...Is one of your major glitches in Item ed. G/S/C that you can't save your changes...But anyway...Love these tools...Keep it up...and I hope you can fix Item Ed...
Old June 1st, 2009, 06:58 PM
nemesish
Azure Trainer

In my case Item Ed saves the changes, but...

It glitches horribly my game.

For example, some events in the map don´t appear until i go to a building and exit it.
Or, I change some items prices, but there´s ALWAYS one that gets OVERpriced (in my case it´s ether, and can´t buy it) and one thet gets me the UNOWN letters screen (in my case, Repel)

I use Crystal.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:57 AM
Blaziken257
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Timid
I think I told you this already, but there's a very annoying bug in PaletteEd GB. If you select hex, and if any of the nibbles is from A-F, and you click the left arrow, it crashes! Very annoying and makes the program almost unusable.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
timekaiser
Friend Code: 1634 5420 3920

Nature: Careful
Can i get another one of these but with Ruby/FireRed versions instead? xD

-> Uryū Ishida (石田 雨竜)
-> The Last Quincy
--> Spirit Bow Expert
--> Hollow Relinquisher
--> Sanrei Glove Master
--> Final Form accomplished
--> "I am calm. That's why I can fight you!"
Old June 8th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
I can't get the MartEd GBC to work with hacks hacked off of Crystal, when I play it on VBA, it keeps on cutting off when I go to buy the items.
I have PMd you! We'll find the cause of the problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal_Dialga View Post
wow nice this will come in handy thanks!
No problem :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joceph View Post
handy? handy? dude this will be useful as bro now that i found out how to use it thanks for the great tool m8 ya know what greater than great
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:+~Şңдɗσш Ɍдʯǫʊдɀд~+:. View Post
Hm...Is one of your major glitches in Item ed. G/S/C that you can't save your changes...But anyway...Love these tools...Keep it up...and I hope you can fix Item Ed...
I am fully aware that ItemEd sucks. I will atempt to fix it up after I finish my exams. Until then, you could always open up your Hex Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesish View Post
In my case Item Ed saves the changes, but...

It glitches horribly my game.

For example, some events in the map don´t appear until i go to a building and exit it.
Or, I change some items prices, but there´s ALWAYS one that gets OVERpriced (in my case it´s ether, and can´t buy it) and one thet gets me the UNOWN letters screen (in my case, Repel)

I use Crystal.
Man that is really odd... I think Crystal has some serious issues when you mess with it's code, like Emerald. I shall try to re-create this glitch when I get the opportunity. Until then, sit tight, and follow the advice above :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziken257 View Post
I think I told you this already, but there's a very annoying bug in PaletteEd GB. If you select hex, and if any of the nibbles is from A-F, and you click the left arrow, it crashes! Very annoying and makes the program almost unusable.
Don't worry mate, it's on my to do list, just like another Telefang program for what you found out about the base power data for all the moves. Would be a lot easier to edit with a program than in a hex editor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekaiser View Post
Can i get another one of these but with Ruby/FireRed versions instead? xD
How do you mean? Another one of what???

To everyone else: I know my tools suck, but I am planning on fixing them up when I finish my exams in 2 weeks. So hang in there!

swampert

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Old June 8th, 2009, 09:21 AM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Originally Posted by Ragurāji-san View Post
Man that is really odd... I think Crystal has some serious issues when you mess with it's code, like Emerald.
I have worked more with Crystal than the other ROMs. Rest assured that it is no less “stable” than Gold or Silver. If the data is edited correctly then there should be no problems.

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old June 8th, 2009, 09:42 AM
kooties
Beginning Trainer

I need help with the Pokeedit DS.

Does it edit NDS files? I tried to edit my platinum.nds with it but it says that it's an unsupported rom.

Please help?
Old June 8th, 2009, 09:45 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooties View Post
I need help with the Pokeedit DS.

Does it edit NDS files? I tried to edit my platinum.nds with it but it says that it's an unsupported rom.

Please help?
I haven't tried it but I think that it only supports Diamond, Pearl (US) and platinum (JAP) because it was released before platinum (US) was released

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old June 8th, 2009, 09:48 AM
kooties
Beginning Trainer

Oh ok.

If it's not much trouble asking, can you make one that can edit US platinum? Or if you don't want to, are there any tools out that can edit the base stats of US platinum?

Sorry if it's a tall ask, but I would really appreciate it.
Old June 8th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMarckus View Post
I have worked more with Crystal than the other ROMs. Rest assured that it is no less “stable” than Gold or Silver. If the data is edited correctly then there should be no problems.
Hmm... I had heard that Crystal was less stable. Anyway, you're the guy in the know IIMarckus, so it must be just as stable as G/S. Just wierd how different problems manifest in different versions. Needs looking at properly, I may just remove the program and not fix it, it was a bit rubbish from the beginning anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
I haven't tried it but I think that it only supports Diamond, Pearl (US) and platinum (JAP) because it was released before platinum (US) was released
Bingo! It only supports Japanese Platinum, but I will add all the offsets for the English and European languages when I get the chance. Also HG/SS will be added, as and when they are released, as it is highly likely the data will be arranged in the same way!

Old June 8th, 2009, 09:54 AM
kooties
Beginning Trainer

^

oh, that's good to hear.

Gokurosamade****a Raguraji-sama

Thanks for all the hard work!
Old June 20th, 2009, 12:28 PM
PokeFreakBror
I never use this site.

I'm having problems. The Gym leader/E4 for Blue and red won't edit the leaders. When i enter the battle it's the excact same as it was in the begining.
Old June 20th, 2009, 02:39 PM
[HoN] Jereziah
Till DEATH do us part!

Wow! Nice hacking tools.....Keep it up.

If you wanna play LoL click:
https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4bf10adbb6c1a

Play this game, if you like DotA.

Old June 20th, 2009, 10:43 PM
pezlow
Beginning Trainer

hi i was wondering if there is a save editor for g/s/c that can read a .srm file.
Old June 21st, 2009, 01:08 AM
viemortevolroc
Beta Tester,Mapper Beginner

Nature: Modest
hey mate i was wondering do u hav/know of a map editor for g/s/c?
and hav/know of a pokemon editor (like YAPE) but for g/s/c?
btw your tools are awesome XD

HeatWave the level 33 Quilava!
Old June 21st, 2009, 05:29 AM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKNM Freak Bror View Post
I'm having problems. The Gym leader/E4 for Blue and red won't edit the leaders. When i enter the battle it's the excact same as it was in the begining.
Did you save the changes?

Old June 21st, 2009, 09:33 AM
PokeFreakBror
I never use this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley View Post
Did you save the changes?
Well duh... Of course i did. Double

Sponsored Links

Advertise here