The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:31 PM
jjf_kira
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
can you make a tool for mart in pokemon diamond or pearl ?
can yout give me the codes?
do you make those all tools in visual basic 6.0?
your cool man
Old May 8th, 2011, 12:17 AM
kkj1116
New Account: jwibagi

Mew's and Mewtwo's color (along with some other pokemon colors, my side or opponents side) should be changed in Pokemon Yellow. A tool to fix the colors would be nice! And maybe getting Charmander, Squirtle, and Venusaur overworld (out of battle, in menu) sprite would be neat (along with other pokemon sprites like Nidoking and Geodude)
Old June 19th, 2011, 10:37 PM
skier290
Beginning Trainer

Hello, Swampert22 this is Skier290
and I must say that the link to Pokemon HGSS Gym Leader Editor
is broken.

Hello, skier290 here and I have to say that the link
to Pokemon HG/SS Gym Editor is broken
saying:
Sorry the file you requested is unavailable...

Hello, skier290 here and I have to say that the link
to Pokemon HG/SS Gym Editor is broken
saying:
Sorry the file you requested is unavailable...

Last edited by skier290; June 19th, 2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 24th, 2011, 12:30 PM
harken7
Beginning Trainer

can you upload the HGS trainer editor please??
Old July 2nd, 2011, 06:02 AM
hoboman24
Excadrill24

Nature: Adamant
Very Awesome Tools I Started Making A Crystal Hack and Should Be Done In A Week Or So!
Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:36 AM
Boosterotto
Beginning Trainer

Uhm can you post an evolution editor? And an sprite editor like overworld editor? Like changing the elite four? Sample: Rocket Boss Giovanni as Champion and not Lance?
Old July 29th, 2011, 02:04 PM
SoopahScizor
The Master of Steel

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to SoopahScizor
Can you make a Mart, Gym Leader, Trainer, Elite Four and Pokemon Editor for Firered? And if you already have, can I have the links?
Pikmin 3=BEEN CANCELED 5 TIMES!!!
Kirby GCN=Became Kirby Wii

Download my Hack! Pokemon Legendary Version. (README included) http://www.mediafire.com/file/vnna4z...%20version.zip

Battle me!
Pokemon White: 3740-0612-7222
Pokemon Black: 1721-3342-1445
Old August 28th, 2011, 04:15 PM
jvpski3
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Relaxed
Great! Also, Whack A Hack! (WaHack) (in spanish) is stealing your tools and editing them and then calling them "theirs". So, just telling you.

It says "Unsupported ROM File". Does this mean it dosen't have the suffix? On PokeEdit DS.

Last edited by giradialkia; August 29th, 2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Double Post
Old October 10th, 2011, 05:03 PM
tvoza2
Armored Skarmory

Nature: Bold
on your site for tools, i cannot get the 4th gen downloads that follow to work:
Sebbe's Trainer Editor
Attack Editor DP
TM Editor DP

-hope you can fix it or add them to this topic
Old October 28th, 2011, 05:11 PM
bob1999
Beginning Trainer

Can you make everything you made for gameboy colour for pokemon emerald
Old October 30th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Swampert 22
Is making tools for you...

Nature: Brave
Well, it's been two long years, but I've finally decided to return to the community! I've had loads of stuff going on in my life that's left me without much time to persue Pokémon related stuff!

Anyway, those of you that visit my site, Swampert Tools will know that I'm currently updating the sites content with new tools and WORKING download links!! Plus new tools from my side! The cool thing is, that I've made the transition from Visual Basic 6 to Lazarus, which is an open source cross platform language! So all my future work will run on any operating system that can compile the source code, such as Windows, Linux and Mac

I'm currently working through my tools and rewriting them in this new language. To be honest a lot of my stuff worked, but was pretty buggy, so I'm really aiming for quality this time.

I'm sorry for any broken links in this thread, I've changed computer (and country) since I last wrote anything, so the sources are long gone, as are my copies of the tools. I've updated what I can, and shall strive to find all my tools again! I've no doubt the missing ones are on the internet somewhere, I even found a copy of this thread translated into Arabic with all my tools on it!! Crazy....

Anyway, without futher ado, I present to you all the two newest members of the Swampert Tools family:

MartEdit GB is a rewrite of the old generation one PokéMart editor, which had bugfixes and a cool new feature under the 'Extras' menu.

Windows Download

If you're using another operating system, download and compile the source in Lazarus.

Next up,

PrizeEdit GB as you may have guessed is a tool to edit the prizes exchanged in the Game Corner in Red, Blue and Yellow!

Windows Download

As with MartEdit GB, if you're using another operating system, download and compile the source in Lazarus.

Big thanks go to Sawakita for his help in debugging the prize routine, and to Harrison at Skeetendo for his Lazarus Sources, from which I have learnt a great deal.

That's all for now! I'm heading back over to the Swampert Tools Homepage to upload more tools and fix broken download links

It's good to be back!

Swampert

EDIT: After a quick google search I found my tool Pokémon HGSS Gym Editor again! Please remember I released this the day after the games came out in Japanese, so it only works for them, and seeing as I lost the source, It won't be updated anytime soon. Download!

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage

Last edited by Swampert 22; October 30th, 2011 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Re-uploaded Pokémon HGSS Gym Editor
Old October 31st, 2011, 12:06 PM
ciulius
Beginning Trainer

Swampert 22 thank you for your wonderful programs (pokemon crystal) !,Is there a program for the Pokemon SS ... Pokemon Editor/Wild Editor ? to edit wild pokemon there is such? please answer... thank you
Old November 5th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciulius View Post
Swampert 22 thank you for your wonderful programs (pokemon crystal) !,Is there a program for the Pokemon SS ... Pokemon Editor/Wild Editor ? to edit wild pokemon there is such? please answer... thank you
No problem, glad they're useful to you! As for HG/SS tools, I really don't think there's a lot, or at least I havn't seen many. Do a google search and see what comes up! I may look into making one if I get time!

Now what I wanted to post:

This is Challenge! A starter and rival editor for Red, Blue and Yellow. It correctly edits the game's scripts so you'll get no weird movements or glitched battles throughout the game now. Plus edit every battle you have with your rival! This tool replaces PokéStarter GB, my old starter editor, which to be honest was crap.

Windows download here! (544KB)

Or if you're not using Windows, like with my other released tools, download and compile the source in Lazarus.

This tool is based on Sawakita's tutorial over on Skeetendo Forums, so big thanks go to him, as well as to Harrison whose source codes have helped me a lot in making the transition from VB6 to this open source, cross platform language!

Enjoy! Any bugs, let me know

Swampert

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Old November 5th, 2011, 11:41 AM
NinjaBoy1
Beginning Trainer

Can you make a Red/Blue/Green trainer editor?
Old November 6th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaBoy1 View Post
Can you make a Red/Blue/Green trainer editor?
Quick answer, yes I could. However the data is organised in such a way that programming a tool effectively to read it would be labourious to create. For now, just hex edit it, it's laughably simple. Just search XXYY, with XX being the level of the Pokémon (in hex) and YY being the Pokémon indentifier (in hex also). Obviously, repeat this for every Pokémon the trainer has, for example, a trainer with three Pokémon could be found as XXYYXXYYXXYY.

Hope this helps, there are tutorials in the documents section I believe.

Old November 6th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I'd also support a R/B/G/Y Trainer Editor, although trying I have failed when it comes to editing Hex.

Old November 6th, 2011, 11:15 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampert 22 View Post
Quick answer, yes I could. However the data is organised in such a way that programming a tool effectively to read it would be labourious to create. For now, just hex edit it, it's laughably simple. Just search XXYY, with XX being the level of the Pokémon (in hex) and YY being the Pokémon indentifier (in hex also). Obviously, repeat this for every Pokémon the trainer has, for example, a trainer with three Pokémon could be found as XXYYXXYYXXYY.

Hope this helps, there are tutorials in the documents section I believe.
Actually, this is the way it works in GSC.
In RBY, the game (in most cases at least, can't remember how it works properly) assumes that all the pokemon the battled trainer has are at the same level.
The structure is like this: XX YY YY YY...

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old November 6th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
Actually, this is the way it works in GSC.
In RBY, the game (in most cases at least, can't remember how it works properly) assumes that all the pokemon the battled trainer has are at the same level.
The structure is like this: XX YY YY YY...
OK! I couldn't quite remember, I know that for Gym, Elite 4 and Rival battles, it follows the format I mentioned above. It's the same with G/S having some battles with special moves attached isn't it? Not everything follows the same format

Old November 6th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Sawakita
Not Invented Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampert 22 View Post
OK! I couldn't quite remember, I know that for Gym, Elite 4 and Rival battles, it follows the format I mentioned above. It's the same with G/S having some battles with special moves attached isn't it? Not everything follows the same format ;)
Here, taken from IIMarckus's disassembly repository:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMarckus
; if first byte != FF, then
; first byte is level (of all pokemon on this team)
; all the next bytes are pokemon species
; null-terminated
; if first byte == FF, then
; first byte is FF (obviously)
; every next two bytes are a level and species
; null-terminated
About special moves: IIMarckus saved a conversation about it.

| 1st Gen Hacking: Useful Links | A good example of REAL ROM Hacking |
Old November 11th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Swampert 22

Ah yes, it' pretty clear isn't it? With that and taking a little look through the great dissassembly of Pokémon Red, it came to light that it's not that hard to program something to read and edit that data.

This is what I've been working on yesterday and today and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Reads all the data according to a configuration INI so if you repoint or change the number of Pokémon trainers have, it won't matter!!

Will probably be released later today or tomorrow!

Old November 12th, 2011, 12:38 AM
shawn05
Unhatched Egg

do you have the swampert hack tools for ruby/sapphire/emerald gba?
Old November 12th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn05 View Post
do you have the swampert hack tools for ruby/sapphire/emerald gba?
I haven't made any, but there are plenty out there. Look at other threads here, or my site, Swampert Tools to see what there is.

I've also finished the Red/Blue Trainer editor if anybody here is still interested in hacking the old games... The download is in the first post! Enjoy

Old November 20th, 2011, 08:13 PM
espa_roba11
I'm gay, yay!

Nature: Naughty
I keep getitng this error with gym edit.

Componet 'TABCTL32.OCX' (I have this already) or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I love my mate Ryuu. ^.^

Old November 20th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by espa_roba11 View Post
I keep getitng this error with gym edit.

Componet 'TABCTL32.OCX' (I have this already) or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
It's due to the fact that it's written in VB6 and not all the components are shipped with Windows anymore.

Have a look here, basically you just need to download and register the files you're missing, same for most errors you'll see like that when using hack tools.

Hope that helps!

Old November 25th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Do you know how I can edit Boss Giovanni with RB Trainer Editor or any other way?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here