The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 12th, 2008 (12:17 PM).
Swampert 22
Is making tools for you...

Nature: Brave
Here is a new program for you all! A DP hacking tool that edits the in-game trades in Diamond and Pearl. Currently it only changes the Pokémon, but I'm looking into finding where and how the data for the hold item, nickname and trader's name If I find these, I'll update!

Download it in the main post!

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage
Old June 12th, 2008 (12:37 PM).
ArchsageX
The greatest sage.

Nature: Adamant
Very nice! I'll probably be using it a lot for my next hack.
Old June 12th, 2008 (12:38 PM).
englishidiot
Beginning Trainer

ehhhmmm, how does it work??

Old June 12th, 2008 (12:43 PM).
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchsageX View Post
Thanks! Glad you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishidiot View Post
Cool!!!!
Well, you load your ROM then select one of the 4 trades, change the Pokémon and save! It works by changing hex codes in the game...

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Old June 12th, 2008 (12:47 PM). Edited June 12th, 2008 by gabe_k.
gabe_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishidiot View Post
Cool!!!!
Dark Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchsageX View Post
orly?

@swampert22: looks good :D, but I beat you to it :P. Anyway, good job. Also, would you mind crediting PokeSpam in the description of it in the first post?
Old June 12th, 2008 (12:51 PM).
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe_k View Post
Dark Magic.

@swampert22: looks good :D, but I beat you to it . Anyway, good job. Also, would you mind crediting PokeSpam in the description of it in the first post?
No problem buddy, you're credited in the program, but I didn't know if you wanted PokéSpam's name attached to anything public anymore...

It shall be righted!

On beating me to it, well, !

Old June 12th, 2008 (12:53 PM).
gabe_k

I just don't want people thinking pokespam will release anymore programs, and thanks for fixing it.
Old June 12th, 2008 (12:56 PM).
Swampert 22

Quote:
I just don't want people thinking pokespam will release anymore programs, and thanks for fixing it.
My pleasure, I wouldn't have found those offsets without you

It took me so long to release it because I was messing around with fancy banners and stuff, it does exactly the same as yours though!

Old June 12th, 2008 (01:01 PM).
gabe_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampert22 View Post
My pleasure, I wouldn't have found those offsets without you:classic:

It took me so long to release it because I was messing around with fancy banners and stuff, it does exactly the same as yours though!
Thanks, if I find anything to edit the nickname and stuff I'll tell you.
Old June 12th, 2008 (01:06 PM).
Swampert 22

Quote:
Thanks, if I find anything to edit the nickname and stuff I'll tell you.
Cheers mate, I'll keep looking too, you'll probably beat me to it again though:D

I'll probably talk to you tomorrow gabe, it's time for me to get some sleep now though

@Everybody:

Anybody find any bugs, let me know. There shouldn't be any because there are only a few lines of code

Old June 12th, 2008 (01:10 PM).
gabe_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampert22 View Post
Cheers mate, I'll keep looking too, you'll probably beat me to it again though:D

I'll probably talk to you tomorrow gabe, it's time for me to get some sleep now though:sleeping:

@Everybody:

Anybody find any bugs, let me know. There shouldn't be any because there are only a few lines of code:cool:
I just beat you to another thing :P, but I'll tell you tommorow.
Old June 13th, 2008 (11:36 PM).
Swampert 22

Well, the thing gabe_k said he beat me to, was the location of the traded Pokémon's hold item...

I found it too though now, so I've updated the DP Trade Editor. Download the update in the main post!

Old June 14th, 2008 (07:11 AM).
cubone_master
Beginning Trainer

wow,these tools are very cool,thank you very much.
Old June 16th, 2008 (08:29 AM).
Swampert 22

I've updated the DP trade editor again, now you can change the ID number of the Pokémon you recieve. Download the update in the main post.

I want to say thanks to HackMew, who helped me out with reading the data of the number correctly. Thanks!

Old June 16th, 2008 (10:38 AM).
Melash
Back for now.

Nature: Relaxed
Okay, you're tools are AWESOME!!! But I wish you could get some more tools up for GSC...I know I've already ask, I just want to refresh everyone else here! Thanks!
Old June 16th, 2008 (08:13 PM).
codemonkey85
Software Developer

Nature: Mild
Hello, great job on the utilities! I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

I was just wondering, how plausible is it to create a program for the Pokémon games that graphically displays the trainer's Pokémon in a save file (in the storage system and party) and allows for organization/listing, etc. of said Pokémon?

I'm basically talking about recreating Professor Oak's Lab from the Pokémon Stadium games (well, preferably in the new style of the PC storage system where you grab and move the Pokémon on a grid-like setup, but either way).

The program would probably have to be compatible only with one game, but it would be pretty awesome if it were compatible with all of them somehow.

Basically everything that is necessary to do this is (I believe) in the Pokesav program, but naturally no one has the source code (except the maker). But you seem like the kind of guy (Swampert) who would know how to go about this... thoughts?
Old June 17th, 2008 (08:00 AM).
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey85 View Post
Hello, great job on the utilities! I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

I was just wondering, how plausible is it to create a program for the Pokémon games that graphically displays the trainer's Pokémon in a save file (in the storage system and party) and allows for organization/listing, etc. of said Pokémon?

I'm basically talking about recreating Professor Oak's Lab from the Pokémon Stadium games (well, preferably in the new style of the PC storage system where you grab and move the Pokémon on a grid-like setup, but either way).

The program would probably have to be compatible only with one game, but it would be pretty awesome if it were compatible with all of them somehow.

Basically everything that is necessary to do this is (I believe) in the Pokesav program, but naturally no one has the source code (except the maker). But you seem like the kind of guy (Swampert) who would know how to go about this... thoughts?
Don't worry, you are in the right place! Welcome to PokéCommunity by the way, and I'm glad you like my tools.

What you're suggesting isn't that extreme. I understand that would be useful as a utility, but as far as hacking existing save games go, I have no experience, and to make a program compatible with all games would take some going.

Don't get me wrong, it is possible, but would take a lot of research and development. I'll see what I can find out when I get my other current projects done

Old June 17th, 2008 (08:07 AM).
gabe_k

A tool that works on all games would be kind of pointless :/ Usually your just hacking one game. And a lot of stuff isn't possible, like mapping and scripting in diamond and pearl.
Old June 18th, 2008 (08:14 AM).
Swampert 22

Well, I have been busy lately...:D

May I present to you, my latest creation, PokéEdit DP.

This program is able to edit the base stats and other information about all 493 Pokémon in Diamond and Pearl ROMs. I started work on it yesterday and finished it a couple of hours ago.

I made this program using thethethethe's tutorial for basic hex editing in Diamond and Pearl found here. I want to thank him for doing that tutorial, as without it I wouldn't have been able to make this!

Download the tool from the main post, and let me know what you think of it!

Old June 18th, 2008 (08:31 AM).
gabe_k

Looks great! :D It could still be smaller tho ;)
Old June 18th, 2008 (09:22 AM).
Swampert 22

Quote:
Looks great! :D It could still be smaller tho
Haha! Well, I did want to have a smaller UI, but I couldn't fit it everything in otherwise. It's not too bad, this was the smallest it could be!

Old June 18th, 2008 (06:48 PM).
AmineX
Music Expert

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via ICQ to AmineX Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to AmineX Send a message via Skype™ to AmineX
mmmm exellent work i'm very impressed 1 one day for this tool waw continue
dp hacking is advance.
i hope someone is able to make dp maps editor

All my pokemon music related videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LHV1?feature=mhee
Old June 19th, 2008 (05:36 AM).
yomamathecableguy
Has a lot of projects going on

Nature: Adamant
great tools swampert. very useful! keep up the good work!
Old June 19th, 2008 (09:40 AM).
Swampert 22

I updated my tool this afternoon. I realised that this will more than likely be required to work on different language ROMs, so I added the offsets for the French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Korean ROMs.

If you need this update, just re-download the tool from the main post, I fixed the link. Enjoy!

Old June 19th, 2008 (03:55 PM).
nemesish
Azure Trainer

Nice tool.
Finally a tool to put back my old Crystal Psychic/dark Mewtwo on the game.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links