The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 30th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Swampert 22
Is making tools for you...

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by makunouchi View Post
you know, if you are going to keep asking "that" on a persons toolbox thread, maybe you should just do it yourself.
Also, not only is there pallete editor for d/p/p, i think i saw horus say something on PHO about how APE works with d/p/p also.
anyways back on topic....

Swampert22, the tools are really awesome and i have found no problems with the G/S mart editor or tradEd editor.
i think i'm starting to get into G/S/C hacking because of these tools(yes, i don't know a thing about hex so i rely on tools).
i hope to see more of your great work Swampert22!
Best of luck!
Glad you're finding them useful, that's the plan;) Remember, if anyone finds a problem, please post so I can rectify the problem...

I am going to see what I can do about a level up move editor for D/P!

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage
Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
jakerman999
looking for spriters

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jakerman999
no trade editor for gba? oh well, back to Google. but in the mean time, how about a starter form(your using vb6, right?) before you actually use the program, just have a smaller form that doesn't let you go in until you open a rom. I always find it makes then more user freindly, and stops "no rom loaded"errors.

jakerman999's PokePet

sharpshell the level 45 Kabutops!

I have a life, I bought it on e-bay.

support shiny gold!
Old July 3rd, 2008, 12:22 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerman999 View Post
no trade editor for gba? oh well, back to Google. but in the mean time, how about a starter form(your using vb6, right?) before you actually use the program, just have a smaller form that doesn't let you go in until you open a rom. I always find it makes then more user freindly, and stops "no rom loaded"errors.
Well, first off, ZodiacDaGreat has made a fully functional trade editor for GBA. You can download it from his toolbox!

As for a starter fom, that's not a bad idea, I know its annoying to get the error whn you decide not to load a ROM. I'll see what I can do...

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Old July 3rd, 2008, 04:03 AM
gabe_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampert22 View Post
Well, first off, ZodiacDaGreat has made a fully functional trade editor for GBA. You can download it from his toolbox!

As for a starter fom, that's not a bad idea, I know its annoying to get the error whn you decide not to load a ROM. I'll see what I can do...
Maybe what remember what he said about smaller too ;)
Old July 11th, 2008, 04:29 PM
s1062563
Beginning Trainer

OMG THANK YOU!!!! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ABOUT 3 HOURS TRYING TO FIND HACKING TOOLS FOR R/B/Y (but i havent been looking very hard lol)
Old July 11th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Andinator
Got my Account Back

i no dis question is not for a thread like dis but could u make a tool for GBA that could change the pikachu sprite at the beginning of FR/LG
Old July 11th, 2008, 08:22 PM
gabe_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andinator View Post
i no dis question is not for a thread like dis but could u make a tool for GBA that could change the pikachu sprite at the beginning of FR/LG
if u no dat question is not for dis thead why'd you post it? Are you just asking for a title screen editor?
Old July 11th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Andinator
Got my Account Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe_k View Post
if u no dat question is not for dis thead why'd you post it? Are you just asking for a title screen editor?
no, theres a pikachu at the top left corner at the beginning of ur FR/LG game

Click us!!!!!
My Poképet!!

ELECTIVIRE

Old July 11th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andinator View Post
no, theres a pikachu at the top left corner at the beginning of ur FR/LG game
Since this is a custom sprite in the game, the only way to change this is with unLZ.GBA. I assum you're familiar with it.

Simply open up your FR/LG ROM and search through all the compressed graphics, export it, and edit it, then re-import it.

It's the only way you can do it.

Old July 14th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Mechz
Nostalgist

Your Pokemon Editor for D/P is fantastic! But if I'm allowed to make any suggestions, they would be:

-Experience rate changer (like how some pokemon take longer than others to level)
-Evolution modifier (Method of evolution, what level/item/etc.)
-Not sure if this is even possible, but maybe a function that goes through and multiplies base experiences or catchrates by a fixed percent... I always thought it took too long to level up to 100, when you never need to be more than level 55.
-Egg/Tutor/Level/TM moves for each pokemon

Lol of course that's probably asking too much, and it'd be better if I learned how to make a program that did those things on my own... Can't hurt to suggest. :D
Old July 14th, 2008, 05:21 AM
gabe_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechz View Post
Your Pokemon Editor for D/P is fantastic! But if I'm allowed to make any suggestions, they would be:

-Experience rate changer (like how some pokemon take longer than others to level)
-Not sure if this is even possible, but maybe a function that goes through and multiplies base experiences or catchrates by a fixed percent... I always thought it took too long to level up to 100, when you never need to be more than level 55. >_>

Lol of course that's probably asking too much, and it'd be better if I learned how to make a program that did those things on my own... Can't hurt to suggest. :D
I actually know the experience rate, I was going to give it to swampert for this, but he WASN'T ONLINE (HINT HINT). Anyway, I'll talk to him about that and see about finding the other stuff.
Old July 14th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechz View Post

-Not sure if this is even possible, but maybe a function that goes through and multiplies base experiences or catchrates by a fixed percent... I always thought it took too long to level up to 100, when you never need to be more than level 55.

You're quite right, It's fine to suggest things. I'll see what gabe_k has to say about that other data and see if it can be implemented.

There is already an evolution editor for D/P by PokéSpam I thought?...

I don't think that a function you are suggesting is possible, but I'll have a look.

As for moves, well if you have read thethethethe's hex tutorial for D/P you will know that the movesets are compressed. Complicated to get a program to decode, well for me anyway

One final thing, it has been brought to my attention that the TM editor for GSC was not functioning correctly for Gold version, and that has now been fixed. Download it from the main post if you need the update.

That's it for now

Old July 14th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Mechz
Nostalgist

Quote:
There is already an evolution editor for D/P by PokéSpam I thought?...
Haha, oh wow. I spent like thirty minutes looking for a user named "PokéSpam"... Then I realized it was the name of a team of programmers here. XD I found it, thanks for the info.
Old July 15th, 2008, 04:38 AM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

I've got some data if you want to know how to edit the TM's learnable by Pokemon. I'm not too sure how to write something for it, but it works in binary. And each TM is set by a bit.
And isn't there a byte for the experience rate in the base stat data in the tutorial? I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there was.
And for the moveset, all you'd need to do is write an if for when the value of the level is odd or even (which you could probably find an example of somewhere), and then add 256 to the previous word value if it were odd to change what attack it appears as. But I guess there's probably a little more to it that I'm not thinking of.
Old July 15th, 2008, 06:43 PM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
I've got some data if you want to know how to edit the TM's learnable by Pokemon. I'm not too sure how to write something for it, but it works in binary. And each TM is set by a bit.
Bitwise ANDs and ORs would probably work.
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Andinator
Got my Account Back

Quote:
Since this is a custom sprite in the game, the only way to change this is with unLZ.GBA. I assum you're familiar with it.

Simply open up your FR/LG ROM and search through all the compressed graphics, export it, and edit it, then re-import it.

It's the only way you can do it.
the unlz pic doesnt have the upper ears so it will look funny

Click us!!!!!
My Poképet!!

ELECTIVIRE

Old July 16th, 2008, 06:04 PM
SytheXP
Net Labs/UG Founder

Nature: Calm
Nice tools I support old skool hacking, Whereas my last hack was a bust I think I may get these tools and do a r/b/y hack for fun. Nice assortment.

My Sprite Thread:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=179083

Phantom Dusk is back in production with loads of modifications. Will be updating soon! -2012

I Support:
Old July 20th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Roareye
a.k.a. Khaladar

I would like an evolution editor for R/B if you can handle this...
Old July 28th, 2008, 07:21 PM
theEND
Veteran Pixel Artist/Spriter

TY!!! Just what I needed. :D You are a god >.>

Drinking Milk wont make them grow any bigger you know?
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:16 AM
nightmaretheclown
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to nightmaretheclown
all the programs here helped me and they are all cool but how do I edit the title screen to put the name i want on it so i can have it say pokemon King blue or pokemon super sayain or something like that
Old July 29th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roareye View Post
I would like an evolution editor for R/B if you can handle this...
Well, I have had a look at the data for this and it's pretty complicated, so I don't know if I will be able to make a program for it, I'll have another look though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEND View Post
TY!!! Just what I needed. :D You are a god >.>
Haha well, I'm glad you like them! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmaretheclown View Post
all the programs here helped me and they are all cool but how do I edit the title screen to put the name i want on it so i can have it say pokemon King blue or pokemon super sayain or something like that
I had a little look around and found this for you:

Look on this page and scroll down a bit...

Old August 1st, 2008, 02:55 AM
Jamachi
Sorry for not logging much

i love the DP editors.......

Brother: EniruvTux
Couzin:????NOBODY

Hi..................... i've been not logging in for a long time........................................i miss all of the members here at PC...........(sniff).............☻☻☻
Old August 3rd, 2008, 07:48 AM
OutOfOrder
Saving you from yourself...

I have heard that Swampert22 has made a hack tool called YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor). I was wondering where I can download this. I have searched everywhere, and I still cannot find anything...

So if anyone could please tell me where I can download the YAPE program that would be very helpful.

Thank you!

If you have any of these scripts for EMERALD VERSION then please pm me!

Thanks!
Old August 3rd, 2008, 08:33 AM
gabe_k

If it's not on the first page then swampert didn't make it.
Old August 30th, 2008, 06:46 AM
gof2234
Beginning Trainer

Cool Tools i'm useing them all alot
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links